PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Increasing Military of Military?

Steve 'StatMan'
08-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Didn't Kerry state quite publicly that he wants to reduce the reservist forces, and hire 40,000 more permanent troops? That's all well and good, but, I've got some questions. Aren't we always looking for qualified voluteers for our Armed Services? Are we currently turning away anyone qualified? Where would these extra 40,000 troops come from? Isn't it easier to recruit for the Services when we aren't currently in an active war other than when our nation and/or key allies directly attacked?

Will we have to accept the less than qualified, or the undesirables? Isn't one on our big problems in South Korea and elsewhere an image problem, where a few rogues have caused problems/trouble with civilian popluaton (drunken driving crashes, etc)? (Not reflective of the vast majority, of course, but 1 Oh Shit wipes out 100 Atta Boys).

Is it just me, or is this plan realistically achievable? How many months/years would this take?

Tom
08-30-2004, 09:18 PM
He will hire 40,000 of those 100,000 cops Clinton was going to put on the streets.

Stop asking pertinent questions of Kerry....you will only upset him.
He doesn't like details.

Lefty
08-30-2004, 11:46 PM
Tom, you got that right. Kerry implores, "Bring it on." But when it's brght, he whines and sues. His character, more than anything else, will keep him from being elected.

Secretariat
08-30-2004, 11:54 PM
You want to talk character. These are the type of men Bush has hired to do his dirty work. Is this Republican values because if it is I want no part of it.

"Tonight, Senator John McCain is set to address the Republican National Convention. Meanwhile, the man who led the charge smearing Senator McCain during the 2000 Republican presidential primary is turning his sordid political attacks against John Kerry.

This new round of attacks comes from a familiar name -- Ted Sampley -- who has a long history of irrational public attacks against both John McCain and John Kerry. In 1992 Sampley created a fake photo of John Kerry shooting an American MIA. He has been jailed for starting a fight with John McCain's staff, and has called McCain the Manchurian Candidate, accusing him of being "brainwashed by the Vietnamese" and being a "KGB spy."

Ted Sampley is now the head of "Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry" and a supporter of "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." He has been telling lies about John Kerry, and today he launched an extraordinarily false ad smearing John Kerry's military service."

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Sec, can you prove Bush hired this guy? Paid money and gave orders? No. Just as I don't think John Kerry paid Michael Moore to campaign for him, as well as make F911, although others certainly did. It's free, and ugly, speech. I know I don't like it from either side. But for you, or even the centerpiece Democrats to say that Bush has actually hired them. Paying them. Irresponsible unless you or they can prove it. He's tolerating it, just as he's tolerated the abuse he's taken from Michael Moore and MoveOn.

There are people who want to be jerks on either side of the political debate are doing what they want. I'm sure the DNC doesn't pay you to make posts, nor does the RNC pay me to make posts. We both do it out of concerns for our country, the political process, and the future. But some people, with the means to do it, go pretty far in what they do.

JustRalph
08-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Hey Sec

You are not the only one on the Kerry Email list my friend. You know the old saying........... keep your enemies close...........

anybody recognize the text from this email I got today? I am not so sure that Sec is not getting paid for his comments..........

http://www.justralph.com/sec_gets_his_orders.jpg

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2004, 12:49 AM
I couldn't cut and paste it, but look near the bottom. It says "Bush's Lies". Not Ted Sampley's lies. As if Bush is making him do it. Pure mainpultion. Same things done by MoveON and Michael Moore. And the Kerry Campaign sure embraced it. But they want other independent groups to stop attacking them.

I'll say it again - KERRY AND HIS CAMPAIGN ARE HYPOCRITES!!!

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2004, 12:55 AM
JustRalph,

Brilliant! You gotta love it.

Sec is a total bufoon. More so, than dare I say, Derek2U. At least Derek's thoughts are original.....

Sec, you're a crock, a fake, and incredibly lazy.

Go cut and paste somewhere else.

Oh, but wait, Sec did put a quotation mark at the start of his cut&paste (no matter that if you blink, you miss it), so I guess that will be his defense for not actually coming out and saying the paragraphs that followed weren't actually HIS.

lsbets
08-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Great post JR - Sec exposed.

Secretariat
08-31-2004, 01:33 AM
Thank you PA. Yes, there were quotes. and yes it is from a Kerry campaign letter. What is wrong with that? Again, you fail to address the issue and instead want to focus on an item I had clearly put in quotes. If someone had asked for my source I would have listed it.

Here's some stuff on this slimeball Sampley and there are no connections to any Kerry campaign letters.

Ted Sampley is one of the SWV godfathers. They are funded by one of Bush’s largest contributors. One member of the Bush Campaign appeared in the SWV ads. An attorney for the Bush campaign was advising the SWVs. And in Florida, rallies were held with "Bush Campaign funds" supporting the SWVs. Bush has refused to directly denounce the SWV and instead chooses to attack 527 ads in general.

Ted Sampley is one of the lowest of the low.

Below is another of his attacks on the courage of Bush’s father as well.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/story46.htm

And of course just one more rebuttal to the continued lies promulgated by the SWVs

August 27, 2004
Another Crewman Supports Kerry

A swiftboat crewman decorated in the 1969 Vietnam incident where John Kerry (news - web sites) won a Bronze Star says not only did they come under enemy fire but also that his own boat commander, who has challenged the official account, was too distracted to notice the gunfire.

Retired Chief Petty Officer Robert E. Lambert, of Eagle Point, Ore., got a Bronze Star for pulling his boat commander — Lt. Larry Thurlow — out of the Bay Hap River on March 13, 1969. Thurlow had jumped onto another swiftboat to aid sailors wounded by a mine explosion but fell off when the out-of-control boat ran aground.

Thurlow, who has been prominent among a group of veterans challenging the Democratic presidential candidate's record, has said there was no enemy fire during the incident. Lambert, however, supports the Navy account that says all five swiftboats in the task force "came under small arms and automatic weapon fire from the river banks" when the mine detonated.

ElKabong
08-31-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat

Ted Sampley is now the head of "Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry" and a supporter of "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." He has been telling lies about John Kerry, and today he launched an extraordinarily false ad smearing John Kerry's military service."

Sec,

Moments like this is why I wanted to register....

http://www.swiftvets.com/article.php?story=20040629220813790

Take a look at this list of swift vets that are signed on as Kerry be Unfit for Command.....Do you see Sampley's name on it?... Of course not.

Your saying Sampley "supports" the swifts is hazy stuff....The Communist party last month endorsed Kerry, maybe that should concern you more than your (usual) baseless claims.

I hope McAuliffe clipped his nails so your ass isn't too sore.

ElKabong
08-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
August 27, 2004
Another Crewman Supports Kerry

A swiftboat crewman decorated in the 1969 Vietnam incident where John Kerry (news - web sites) won a Bronze Star says not only did they come under enemy fire but also that his own boat commander, who has challenged the official account, was too distracted to notice the gunfire.

Sec,

First off, no OIC other than Kerry reported any enemy fire after the mine detonated under pcf3. That's a fact.

Second, Kerry's boat fled 5000 meters up the river. That's in his spot report which is on his website. The Wash Post graphic (link) that so cal fan posted last week confirmed this.....If Kerry immediately fled, and ends up 3 miles up river before returning, how can he tell there was fire coming in? He was too busy FLEEING.

Lambert was in the cabin when the mine detonated. What he probably heard was the suppression fire laid to both banks. Same deal for Sandusky, in Kerry's boat (before he fled). Thurlow is on record as saying after the suppression fire (SOP) ceased he (and Chenowith's boat) sped to the pcf3. When he got to the #3, he went to kill the engine. The crewmen still aboard had suffered serious injuries, the others were overboard.

Thurlows own words, paraphrased, were 'If there was live fire coming from the banks, i wouldn't have stood up on a boat without a weapon in my hand in full view of the would be snipers. I'm not that brave, I'm not that stupid either'.

I could care less about if any shots were fired or not, personally. More concerning is that Kerry got the hell outta Dodge while his other 4 boats stayed on the scene to help the crew and craft of the pcf3.

JustMissed
08-31-2004, 10:21 AM
So thankful to you JR for exposing that fraud-Secretary.

PA was so right about the truth being out there.

Now we know the truth about Sec. Everything he has posted has been directly from the Kerry campaign and he has hid that source from us.

Shame, shame. I wonder how much it hurts to have Kerry's hand up your ass 24/7. Maybe to him it doesn't hurt. He may like it.

Post away if you please Secretary-but nothing you have say here again will have any meaning except that of despicable lies.

PA, as the bright sunshine begins to shine across our great land, I wonder what other lies and evil will be exposed?

JM

JustMissed
08-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by JustMissed
So thankful to you JR for exposing that fraud-Secretary.

PA was so right about the truth being out there.

Now we know the truth about Sec. Everything he has posted has been directly from the Kerry campaign and he has hid that source from us.

Shame, shame. I wonder how much it hurts to have Kerry's hand up your ass 24/7. Maybe to him it doesn't hurt. He may like it.

Post away if you please Secretary-but nothing you have say here again will have any meaning except that of despicable lies.

PA, as the bright sunshine begins to shine across our great land, I wonder what other lies and evil will be exposed?

JM