PDA

View Full Version : Account wagering and cancellations

Valuist
08-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Brisbet told me they cannot cancel wagers. I think this is ridiculous. Say you've bet an entry and the horse you like breaks thru the gate and is a late scratch, you are stuck. Or the horses are walking to the gate and the horse you like is very washed out. Same thing. I was curious if there are accounts out there that allow cancellations.

mhrussell
08-30-2004, 06:46 PM
TVG also does not allow bet cancellations. I think this is nuts for the same reasons you cited and others.

But it is the same story in many Las Vegas racebooks; you cannot cancel a wager once you walk away from the teller. I guess the worry is that big groups would distort the odds in some way, then bet what they really want at the last moment. I don't see that arguement; there are way more significant simulcast betting issues to resolve; allowing customers to cancel a bet should be allowed.

Skanoochies
08-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Valuist, I have an account at HPI out of Woodbine, and you can definitely cancel bets there by phoning into the admin. line and getting a rep. But you might have trouble if your entry gets scratched at the gate as it takes a minute or two to do. If you`re using your account card at the track it`s easy to do yourself of course.

Skanoochies.:)

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2004, 12:39 AM
I used to be able to cancel wagers at YouBet if I called them on the phone. Haven't had to do that in a long time, so I don't know if they still allow it.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-31-2004, 12:54 AM
On YouBet, I once cancelled a bet from the Call-A-Bet side by calling customer service. The Total Access side does not cannot cancel any wagers. Not sure if that is just policy, or an Oregon Account Betting law vs. a Penn. law, etc.

Valuist
08-31-2004, 10:32 AM
It just doesn't seem right. I can see them not wanting to cancel $1000 wagers or somebody abusing it by cancelling all the time. At the track I've never had a problem cancelling a wager.

hurrikane
08-31-2004, 11:05 AM
my experience has been that if you use the machines at the track they will not cancel the wager either.

Not always..but most of the time. Depends on the teller. I think the rule really is if you leave the window it's done. As it should be..that would remove the problem of last minute cancellations effecting the odds.

so.cal.fan
08-31-2004, 11:20 AM
You can cancel bets at any window, or any self service machine at any track in So. Calif. with the possible exception of Los Alamitos....they used to have a policy of no cancellations on large bets.....due to the very small pools and the practice of some big bettors, mostly horsemen, who were "playing " with the board....they would bet hundreds of dollars on a horse early to drop the odds, and take "sucker money" then cancel at the last minuet.
I know they used to do this, because I had a friend who was a mutual clerk there.
This may have changed now....anyone know?

Holy Bull
08-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Oregon where most of the account wagering places are licensed has a statewide rule no cancelling.

WJ47
09-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Once I was playing on an offshore account (Oasis) and I accidentally bet a $20 exacta box, instead of a $2.00 one! I called them and they let me cancel it with about 2 minutes to post. LOL, did I feel like a dope when it won and I missed out on a huge score! I just knew that they were all laughing at me over there!