PDA

View Full Version : The biggest question about the Preakness

Tom
05-17-2018, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmrwAW5-5rU

A. Pineda
05-17-2018, 05:15 PM
I would take the stars out of the sky for you
Stop the rain from falling if you asked me to.
I'd do anything for you
your wish is my command
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27zteuLRPc

Redboard
05-17-2018, 06:32 PM
Really screws things up. It's been raining for several days. Seven turf races tomorrow which will chew up the lawn. Saturday forecast says clearing by afternoon but will that be enough to dry out?

Makes me feel like waiting for Belmont day.

Parson
05-17-2018, 07:27 PM
here is a tip for the under card on saturday:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L3KU5eiEBo

Tom
05-17-2018, 10:04 PM
Really screws things up. It's been raining for several days. Seven turf races tomorrow which will chew up the lawn. Saturday forecast says clearing by afternoon but will that be enough to dry out?

Makes me feel like waiting for Belmont day.

This is usually my favorite weekend of racing of the year, and I have essentially no interest in it now at all. Haven't even bothered to buy PPs yet, much less look at any of the races. Probably binge-watch ER reruns on POP Saturday! :puke:

Redboard
05-18-2018, 08:33 AM
Look on the bright side, the track will sell a lot more beer to the revelers.

WP1981
05-18-2018, 09:21 AM
This is usually my favorite weekend of racing of the year, and I have essentially no interest in it now at all. Haven't even bothered to buy PPs yet, much less look at any of the races. Probably binge-watch ER reruns on POP Saturday! :puke:

If I may recommend the series based reboot of Karate Kid, called Cobra Kai on Youtube Red. Started this last night. Follows both Johnny and Daniel in a current day scenario. A little cheesy, but I think that is what they are aiming for. Thoroughly enjoying.

RunForTheRoses
05-18-2018, 11:56 AM
If I may recommend the series based reboot of Karate Kid, called Cobra Kai on Youtube Red. Started this last night. Follows both Johnny and Daniel in a current day scenario. A little cheesy, but I think that is what they are aiming for. Thoroughly enjoying.

Yeah i watched all episodes, total mindless viewing, i mean the movie wasn't that great but here we are 34 years later. Watched most of the episodes last weekend in a drunken stupor...and enjoyed it immensely.

I agree with Tom off tracks on big days suck. Should move all big races to SoCal...or maybe not.

GMB@BP
05-18-2018, 12:12 PM
I really wont bet much, small stab against justify because if he runs off the first two spots it will pay monstrously.

Normally I would bet both days.

Robert Fischer
05-18-2018, 12:58 PM
:coffee: There's a lot of 'entropy'/chaos/randomness brewing in that undercard.

they are also running guarantees to slightly spice-up the Pick-5 and Pick-4.

And don't forget that there's a Starter allowance in race 14 after the Preakness.
Sometimes those last races are weird.

I'll be a loser if favorites sweep the multis.

BlueChip@DRF
05-18-2018, 01:19 PM

I didn't recognize Ralph Macchio. Wow he aged...

clicknow
05-20-2018, 02:56 PM
surprised nobody brought this up:

Preakness Day bikini contest not scheduled this year :pound:

RunForTheRoses
05-20-2018, 04:53 PM
surprised nobody brought this up:

Preakness Day bikini contest not scheduled this year :pound:

But there was a de facto wet t Shirt day added by Mother nature.