PDA

View Full Version : Pace Advantage on TVG

pandy
05-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Todd just mentioned Pace Advantage on TVG. Something about Andy Serling complaining about one of the threads.

upthecreek
05-17-2018, 02:32 PM
Todd just mentioned Pace Advantage on TVG. Something about Andy Serling complaining about one of the threads.

I just posted that too I only caught the tail end Apparently Dave Weaver checks in here as well

thaskalos
05-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Such a momentous occasion...and we can't even get an accurate account of the details surrounding it? :)

Mulerider
05-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Such a momentous occasion...and we can't even get an accurate account of the details surrounding it? :)

Todd said the thread was "salacious." I don't remember the thread he's talking about.

Tom
05-17-2018, 02:45 PM
Salacious or delicious?

PaceAdvantage
It's pretty much ancient history...at least a few weeks ago or more...and it was up for like 2 seconds. Can't believe anybody noticed.

Really not a big deal...stupid joke...

And yeah, we're still around. :pound:

upthecreek
Todd said the thread was "salacious." I don't remember the thread he's talking about.

Todd said AS read it, realized it wasn't true and contacted PA and asked him to remove it That's all I caught

Millpond68
05-17-2018, 02:46 PM
I heard the mute man say he pulled it from Pace Advantageand added I didn't even know that they were still around. Real classy.

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2018, 02:51 PM
Todd said AS read it, realized it wasn't true and contacted PA and asked him to remove it That's all I caughtBTW, try and get that kind of service if someone posts something "salacious" on twitter...:pound:

upthecreek
05-17-2018, 02:53 PM
I heard the mute man say he pulled it from Pace Advantageand added I didn't even know that they were still around. Real classy.

I hit Dave Weaver up on Twitter and told him to tell Todd to stop by he may learn something::lol:(Todd has me blocked on Twitter, go figure)

thaskalos
05-17-2018, 03:33 PM

Someone should inform Todd that the PA-faithful are wondering how HE is "still around".

dilanesp
05-17-2018, 04:27 PM
I love mea salacious thread.

thaskalos
05-17-2018, 04:31 PM
A "salacious thread", among elderly horseplayers like us? I need to see proof before I can believe such a thing.

Spalding No!
05-17-2018, 06:02 PM
I just posted that too I only caught the tail end Apparently Dave Weaver checks in here as well
Industry "insiders" and turf media steal from this site all the time.

Here's a quote from a Blood-Horse article on Songbird dated June 5 of last year:

Porter also touted the nugget, unearthed by his assistant Victoria Keith, that Songbird will be in rare company if she wins the Phipps. Over the last 25 years, only one 3-year-old filly Eclipse Award winner returned to start her 4-year-old season with a winning effort in a grade 1 contest.

That would be the great Hall of Fame runner Serena's Song, who won the Santa Monica Stakes (G1) in her return. Champions who failed to do so include Ashado (fifth in the grade 1 Apple Blossom Handicap), Stellar Wind (second to Beholder in the grade 1 Vanity Mile Stakes), and Surfside (third in the Santa Monica).

Now here's what I posted about a week earlier on PA on May 30 of last year:

In the last 25 years, only 4 champion 3yo fillies made their 4yo debuts in a Grade 1 race:

Serena's Song
Surfside
Ashado
Stellar Wind

Only Serena's Song won. She took the 7f Santa Monica in January less than 3 months after her loss in the BC Distaff.

My real name isn't Victoria and I certainly don't receive paychecks from Rick Porter (although if he PMs me I will reply with a forwarding address)...

Kind of take offense at the "unearthed" comment--like we're a bunch of miners trapped under a landslide in Tierra Del Fuego.

oughtoh
05-17-2018, 11:23 PM
But was it true.

cj
05-17-2018, 11:32 PM
But was it true.

No it was not. Lets not go down that path again.

dilanesp
05-18-2018, 01:42 AM
I heard Schrupp talk about it today as well, seemed to give a short version of the story.

Might be wrong but, iirc, someone had posted on PA about him being inebriated at a social event of some sort. Assume Serling, who must post or at least checks in on PA on occasion, saw the post and contacted the host. Can certainly understand it getting taken down.

Serling used to post here, as "the little guy".

Fager Fan
05-18-2018, 05:00 AM
I heard Schrupp talk about it today as well, seemed to give a short version of the story.

Might be wrong but, iirc, someone had posted on PA about him being inebriated at a social event of some sort. Assume Serling, who must post or at least checks in on PA on occasion, saw the post and contacted the host. Can certainly understand it getting taken down.

I assume this somehow fit into the conversation. It seems a really odd thing to talk about, and bring more attention to.

Fager Fan
05-18-2018, 05:02 AM
Spalding, at least someone passed around true information. That line about no breakdowns for Dutrow in 11 years I've seen repeated all over the place, apparently all started with an article from Pricci.

Tom
05-18-2018, 10:06 AM
I assume this somehow fit into the conversation. It seems a really odd thing to talk about, and bring more attention to.

Todd no bueno.
Er, no braino.

:rolleyes:

GaryG
05-18-2018, 10:17 AM
As I remember :eek: Todd posted here several years ago and was defended by his father. i think his name was Larry.

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2018, 01:20 PM
People who continue to post crap in this thread that leads me to delete are risking deletion themselves.

metro
05-18-2018, 01:55 PM

It did, and had time warranted Schrupp himself seemed to want to give full detail of what transpired, instead, like I mentioned, he gave a short version.

I didn't make the original post insinuating that Schrupp did something wrong.
Didn't start a new thread about it, only referenced what I remembered someone else posting and even acknowledged PA for rightfully taking it down, yet I'm the one posting crap? Geez

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2018, 01:57 PM
It did, and had time warranted Schrupp himself seemed to want to give full detail of what transpired, instead, like I mentioned, he gave a short version.

I didn't make the original post insinuating that Schrupp did something wrong.
Didn't start a new thread about it, only referenced what I remembered someone else posting and even acknowledged PA for rightfully taking it down, yet I'm the one posting crap? GeezIf this whole thread is about taking down crap about someone, why would you think I would leave up the crap you post, even if it's you "remembering a post from someone else THAT WAS TAKEN DOWN?!?!?!?!?!?"

Come on man...