PDA

View Full Version : Bee Jersey

GMB@BP
05-09-2018, 03:35 PM
I am not sure many have even heard of this horse but I feel like he could be a serious horse for Steve Asmussen. He won the Steve Sexton mile last week after romping in a Kee Alw race. He set a decent but un-pressured pace last weekend before easily dispatching Girvin.

He earned a TUS rating of 126. His Beyer was only 99.

I feel like this horse could be a major player in the Met Mile next month.

Spalding No!
05-09-2018, 07:33 PM
I am not sure many have even heard of this horse but I feel like he could be a serious horse for Steve Asmussen. He won the Steve Sexton mile last week after romping in a Kee Alw race. He set a decent but un-pressured pace last weekend before easily dispatching Girvin.

Will he step up to Grade 1 off that race? Lone Star runs the Lone Star Handicap right back for another easy $200K (and a half furlong longer in trip) on Memorial Day weekend.

Plus, owner Charles Fipke already has the Westchester winner Tale of Silence with Barclay Tagg in NY for the Met Mile.

That aside, the horse everyone was conceding the race to a month ago, the oft-injured Army Mule, hasn't breezed since the Carter. Could be a no-show...

GMB@BP
05-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Will he step up to Grade 1 off that race? Lone Star runs the Lone Star Handicap right back for another easy $200K (and a half furlong longer in trip) on Memorial Day weekend.

Plus, owner Charles Fipke already has the Westchester winner Tale of Silence with Barclay Tagg in NY for the Met Mile.

That aside, the horse everyone was conceding the race to a month ago, the oft-injured Army Mule, hasn't breezed since the Carter. Could be a no-show...

The Met could be tough on him but I think there is real talent there. I would imagine they are thinking Grade 1 level with him, I think there is that ability. If they wanted to stretch him out more there are races he could cherry pick and make some money.

Nice info on Army Mule, looks like that one may be injured again.

hopbet
05-09-2018, 09:15 PM
I UNFORTUNATELY bet against BEE JERSEY in the SEXTON MILE. I bet SHOTGUN KOWBOY, the reason I bet (shotgun kowboy) he ran HUGE race at OAKLAWN , one of the horses in that race was RATED R SUPERSTAR ( won the GRADE 3 BEN ALI April 14 race Keeneland). BEE JERSEY is quick out of the gate

Afleet
05-09-2018, 09:40 PM
he ran a 1:36.58 two turn mile at OP in January-thats cruising. I remember he beat me out of some bets that day:D

GMB@BP
06-09-2018, 04:56 PM
:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

yea horse can run a bit.

cj
06-09-2018, 05:09 PM
:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

yea horse can run a bit.

Surprised nobody challenged him more but he earned that one. Really good horse. I think I was pretty spot on with his fig at Lone Star, maybe even a hair low.

GMB@BP
06-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Surprised nobody challenged him more but he earned that one. Really good horse. I think I was pretty spot on with his fig at Lone Star, maybe even a hair low.

Yea, the Beyer spreads in these grades races are really starting to spread out in comparison to TUS. I mean the public was on him so its not like anyone didnt recognize the potential but he is a serious front runner.

Tom
06-09-2018, 08:38 PM

Another horse with a lousy 97 did OK today as well! :D

jocko699
06-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Very good call!!!!!

Lemon Drop Husker
06-09-2018, 08:44 PM

Called your shot, and nailed it.

Kudos. :ThmbUp::headbanger:

classhandicapper
06-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Good call on where to run this horse and recognizing he had a big shot to win!

I'm probably going to try to beat him at some point unless he keeps getting better (which for Asmussen may be likely). I thought the inside was a little better in his big win at LS and now he shook loose in the Met which is usually very competitive up front. That was the setup though. He looked like the fastest horse early and they took advantage.

Mind your Biscuits is such a nice horse. I think he's put that "not a miler" argument to bed.

GMB@BP
06-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Good call on where to run this horse and recognizing he had a big shot to win!

I'm probably going to try to beat at some point unless he keeps getting better (which for Asmussen may be likely). I thought the inside was a little better in his big win at LS and now he shook loose in the Met which is usually very competitive up front. That was the setup though. He looked like the fastest horse early and they took advantage.

Mind your Biscuits is such a nice horse. I think he's put that "not a miler" argument to bed.

Thanks, obviously a talented sort, and the top two are real nice but after that the field was a tad sketchy on paper. Bolt D Oro is a lost soul now and this trainer wont figure it out, and Awesome Slew while I like him he feels a cut below very very top class.

I got sucked into using Madison's Luna, another GP illusion that seems to happen every year.

Lemon Drop Husker
06-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Thanks, obviously a talented sort, and the top two are real nice but after that the field was a tad sketchy on paper. Bolt D Oro is a lost soul now and this trainer wont figure it out, and Awesome Slew while I like him he feels a cut below very very top class.

I got sucked into using Madison's Luna, another GP illusion that seems to happen every year.

I was just thinking the other day if we switched trainers on Justify and Bolt d'Oro how things would have turned out?

Looking back at last summer, Bolt was as good a 2YO as we'd seen in the last decade or so. Sadly, he was a better horse 8 months ago than he is now.

GMB@BP
06-10-2018, 10:46 AM
I was just thinking the other day if we switched trainers on Justify and Bolt d'Oro how things would have turned out?

Looking back at last summer, Bolt was as good a 2YO as we'd seen in the last decade or so. Sadly, he was a better horse 8 months ago than he is now.

Its his trainers money and he got him to perform last year but I think he was head and shoulders ahead of his generation but now he doesnt have that extra talent to play with, so his mistakes are magnified.

I dont know Ruis at all, I mean like I do a some others, might be a great guy, who knows.