PDA

View Full Version : I didn't like Good Magic at 1.1/4...

luisbe
05-05-2018, 09:23 PM
...but it was the only horse attending those early fraction to hang brave at the wire. He'll be back fresh to the Belmont.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 10:02 PM
...but it was the only horse attending those early fraction to hang brave at the wire. He'll be back fresh to the Belmont.

He ran super, and shows how good a horse he is

but let this be a lesson, when Chad Brown points a horse for a race the previous races should be downgraded in handicapping value. If he shows and the signs are good, they show.

Audible ran very well too.

Both those horses can run multiple styles, rare, and shows how legit the horses are.

HalvOnHorseracing
05-05-2018, 10:47 PM
I had a lot invested in a 6-5 finish. Justify was clearly the best horse - you look at his build and you'd think he lifts weights. Definitely has Triple Crown potential.

storyline
05-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Could have been my best day ever had I used Funny Duck in the P5, paid $745k

I guess after I lick my wounds the x's and super in the derby will feel okay by tomorrow.....

GMB@BP
05-06-2018, 12:13 AM

I guess after I lick my wounds the x's and super in the derby will feel okay by tomorrow.....

I dont know how you could use that horse, even with hind sight.

storyline
05-06-2018, 12:19 AM

I know but it still makes me think "what did I miss" :rolleyes:

DGroundhog
05-06-2018, 12:35 AM
I had a lot invested in a 6-5 finish. Justify was clearly the best horse - you look at his build and you'd think he lifts weights. Definitely has Triple Crown potential.

This.

Even keeping up with the early fractions, it looked like he was doing it so easily. For a couple seconds rounding the final turn I thought maybe he was running out of steam, but he switched leads and went on somewhat convincingly.

....in a 20 horse field in mega-slop in front of a huge crowd.

All. Questions. Answered.

Scary to think what this horse will do when Baffert can pick and choose his races.

Can he be beat in the Preakness or Belmont? Sure. I don't know that I will play him on top in those races (I tried to beat Pharoah, I may try to beat Justify). Have to wait and see how the fields shape up.

Not crowning him a TC winner yet - but, geez... I don't want to play big against him.

lured
05-06-2018, 12:43 AM

Hey, there's gotta be at least one person that used Lucky Duck and still only hit 4. They're probably feeling a lot worse than you.

storyline
05-06-2018, 01:12 AM
Hey, there's gotta be at least one person that used Lucky Duck and still only hit 4. They're probably feeling a lot worse than you.

You're as funny as fuc*

I'd most likely laugh at your P5 ticket, just sayin

Immortal6
05-06-2018, 09:27 AM
You're as funny as fuc*

I'd most likely laugh at your P5 ticket, just sayin

Chill out

storyline
05-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Chill out

I'm totally chilled cupcake :p

BlueChip@DRF
05-06-2018, 09:53 AM

He has thick shins. Nothing delicate about him. Except maybe his demeanor.

RunForTheRoses
05-06-2018, 10:03 AM

I used Funny Duck in that race, went deep, like Arnold, he had wet track breeding, had Justify singled, but did not use Yoshida, even if Brown's 10 wins the race it still pays $45K. Sucks, but it shows big scores can happen, next time.

R8: 3

R9: 1,10,11

R10: 1,4,8,12

R11: 10

R12: 6,9,11

$18.00

R8: 3,5,7,10

R9: 1,5,10,11

R10: 1,2,4,8,12,14

R11: 3,10

R12: 7

$96.00$0.00 $0.00

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2018, 10:06 AM
You're as funny as fuc*

I'd most likely laugh at your P5 ticket, just sayinHere we go again...different name, same shtick...

I'm not chill at all, btw...I'm pissed as **** that I can't win anymore...:mad:

storyline
05-06-2018, 10:25 AM
Here we go again...different name, same shtick...

I'm not chill at all, btw...I'm pissed as **** that I can't win anymore...:mad:

Didn't you make Justify 3-1 on your "line"? How is it possible that you didn't make money?

PM me your cell number and I'll send you something

dilanesp
05-06-2018, 12:06 PM

I bet some drunks in the infield got rich on that race due to the name and track condition.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Didn't you make Justify 3-1 on your "line"? How is it possible that you didn't make money?

PM me your cell number and I'll send you somethingThe last few months I've been throwing money out the window...ever since I went 13 for 28 one day and bragged on here that I was a handicapping GOD, it's been all downhill...

NEVER, ever, piss off the racing Gods.

CincyHorseplayer
05-06-2018, 01:27 PM
The last few months I've been throwing money out the window...ever since I went 13 for 28 one day and bragged on here that I was a handicapping GOD, it's been all downhill...

We are all humbled regularly. I went from dogshit to handicapping god in 24 hours. Turf anyway! Glad we got the best site for horseplayers on the planet to compare notes!

Robert Fischer
05-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Distance is not a question for Good Magic, but 'brilliance' is.

If Justify ran his race, GM seemed unlikely to be any serious threat. He was. GREAT race from Good Magic. He established himself as a top-tier talent, and not just a "reliable, professional, fundamentally-sound", etc...

lured
05-06-2018, 04:28 PM
I used Funny Duck in that race, went deep, like Arnold, he had wet track breeding, had Justify singled, but did not use Yoshida, even if Brown's 10 wins the race it still pays $45K. Sucks, but it shows big scores can happen, next time.

R8: 3

R9: 1,10,11

R10: 1,4,8,12

R11: 10

R12: 6,9,11

$18.00

R8: 3,5,7,10

R9: 1,5,10,11

R10: 1,2,4,8,12,14

R11: 3,10

R12: 7

$96.00$0.00 $0.00

Ouch. When I made my post, I thought that it would be so rare that the odds were millions to one that someone on this site would be one of them. So you lost because you left a 9-1 off(and your horse finished 2nd) and he lost because he left a 39-1 off. My sympathies but if it's any consolation, you seem to be taking it better than storyline.

RunForTheRoses
05-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Ouch. When I made my post, I thought that it would be so rare that the odds were millions to one that someone on this site would be one of them. So you lost because you left a 9-1 off(and your horse finished 2nd) and he lost because he left a 39-1 off. My sympathies but if it's any consolation, you seem to be taking it better than storyline.

Now that ive told a few civilians at work it does hurt a bit, if only had used the 9 or too bad the 10 didnt hold on. Would be nice making a big witgdrawal from my tvg accoubt.

lured
05-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Now that ive told a few civilians at work it does hurt a bit, if only had used the 9 or too bad the 10 didnt hold on. Would be nice making a big witgdrawal from my tvg accoubt.

I've punched the wrong numbers for bets before and I only remember it hurting me. One time I wish I'd punch the wrong number in a situation like this that would help me. It's the only way I could see myself playing Lucky Duck.

Afleet
05-07-2018, 07:12 PM
I hit the all button that race and singled Imperial Hint and Vino

chuckster1968
05-08-2018, 12:07 PM
its Churchhill, its sloppy and its Brian Hernandez

chuckster1968
05-08-2018, 12:13 PM
I think the horse ran a superb race. Jose did a great job, if you look, he ran into a brick wall down the backstretch and had to actually pull on him to hold him up because of the crazy fractions set. Jose new it was the only way he was going to try and have anything left heading into the stretch. He actually almost got even with him but in terms of stature, the horse Justify is a monster.

Bob Baffert is simply the best two year old and three year old trainer in the world. He probably has the best chemist in the horse racing industry too. Kidding...but, Justify just superior and Good Magic was so valiant for 2nd, I think this horse if handled properly by Chad...could be like a Gun Runner at 4 years old.

GMB@BP
05-08-2018, 12:21 PM
I think the horse ran a superb race. Jose did a great job, if you look, he ran into a brick wall down the backstretch and had to actually pull on him to hold him up because of the crazy fractions set. Jose new it was the only way he was going to try and have anything left heading into the stretch. He actually almost got even with him but in terms of stature, the horse Justify is a monster.

Bob Baffert is simply the best two year old and three year old trainer in the world. He probably has the best chemist in the horse racing industry too. Kidding...but, Justify just superior and Good Magic was so valiant for 2nd, I think this horse if handled properly by Chad...could be like a Gun Runner at 4 years old.

I think Baffert is the best dirt trainer I have ever seen.

Rex Phinney
05-08-2018, 12:40 PM
I think Baffert is the best dirt trainer I have ever seen.

Pretty hard to argue with that. I always size him up vs. a guy like Pletcher who you know is getting just as many top notch prospects. Baffert turns it into gold at a much higher rate.

BlueChip@DRF
05-08-2018, 12:44 PM
The last few months I've been throwing money out the window...ever since I went 13 for 28 one day and bragged on here that I was a handicapping GOD, it's been all downhill...

Could you stand outside my window the next time you decide to throw money? Thanx!

GMB@BP
05-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Pretty hard to argue with that. I always size him up vs. a guy like Pletcher who you know is getting just as many top notch prospects. Baffert turns it into gold at a much higher rate.

Baffert has a much smaller barn, especially the last 5-10 years than Pletcher.

Pletcher has already has the record for derby starters yet has trained tbreds like 12 years less than baffert.