PDA

View Full Version : "The head scratcher" (My Boy Jack)

porchy44
05-05-2018, 07:28 PM
Who bet all the money on "My Boy Jack" ??
NBC thought the reason was a lot of people have the name Jack or John.

30/1 morning Line. Off 6/1 . Runs 5th.

Afleet
05-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Best race was on a off track and the forecast called for rain Fri and Saturday

Rex Phinney
05-05-2018, 07:34 PM
The bigger question is who put up the $$$ knowing Kent had the mount???

Russians?
Aliens?
Cashier pushed a wrong button?

I cannot figure it out.

Lemon Drop Husker
05-05-2018, 07:37 PM
He went off at lesser odds than Audible, Good Magic, and Bolt d'Oro.

That is just batshit crazy.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 07:38 PM
He ran well, only one who closed from the very far back despite a race that was virtually stopping.

SandyLoam
05-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Porchy: Yeah. That's why. Kid Rock said only because he liked the name. And I know people who did.

SecretAgentMan
05-05-2018, 07:42 PM
MBJ opened up 5-1 on yesterdays betting.......somebody went nuts & probably get $25,000 on him. It wasn't people liking his name. Those people that had Jacks name bet today.

Redboard
05-05-2018, 08:29 PM
On three weeks rest the horse was supposed to pass 19 others in the stretch? What are people smoking?
He did end up passing 14 others and I did like him at 30-1, but 5-1?

DGroundhog
05-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I didn't get it.

I have a long time friend I have been going to the track with for almost 30 years. He texts me his pick.... My Boy Jack.

I replied 'LOL'.

I talked him out of it with that 5-1 yesterday 6-1 nonsense today. Talked him into Justify as a 'superhorse'. Thank GOD!

I just don't get it. Even my boy was on this horse - and he has cashed some nice Derby picks over the years. I just didn't get this BS he texted me today.

How are so many people that stupid?

At 30-1, sure. Take a shot. I don't blame you for rooting for a closer with some off track positives.

...but 5-1 or 6-1 on this Lexington Stakes pig?

I seriously had to downgrade this dudes opinion.

...and, yeah, there has been a couple instances over the years I have to grab his ass and wake him out of his stupidity - but, overall.... the guy has cashed some nice Derby tickets I have missed.

pandy
05-06-2018, 08:02 AM

I thought it was nuts, too. It had me going back to the pps to see if I missed something.

098poi
05-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I didn't get it.

I have a long time friend I have been going to the track with for almost 30 years. He texts me his pick.... My Boy Jack.

I replied 'LOL'.

I talked him out of it with that 5-1 yesterday 6-1 nonsense today. Talked him into Justify as a 'superhorse'. Thank GOD!

I just don't get it. Even my boy was on this horse - and he has cashed some nice Derby picks over the years. I just didn't get this BS he texted me today.

How are so many people that stupid?

At 30-1, sure. Take a shot. I don't blame you for rooting for a closer with some off track positives.

...but 5-1 or 6-1 on this Lexington Stakes pig?

I seriously had to downgrade this dudes opinion.

...and, yeah, there has been a couple instances over the years I have to grab his ass and wake him out of his stupidity - but, overall.... the guy has cashed some nice Derby tickets I have missed.

When you run around a track with a man on your back with a bunch of other horses then you can call him a pig. Till then please respect them and call them horses. (or colts or fillies or whatever applies)

therover
05-06-2018, 10:04 AM
When you run around a track with a man on your back with a bunch of other horses then you can call him a pig. Till then please respect them and call them horses. (or colts or fillies or whatever applies)

Agreed. They are all athletes, whether a $3,200 claimer or a Derby winner.

They go out there and run their butt off and they all try.

Some are just better than others.

Tom
05-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Offhand, I would guess it was all barahona44!
He has better PPs than most of us!;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Burls
05-06-2018, 09:12 PM
5-1 or 6-1 on this Lexington Stakes pig?

:lol::lol::lol:

PointGiven
05-06-2018, 10:16 PM
He went off at lesser odds than Audible, Good Magic, and Bolt d'Oro.

That is just batshit crazy.

Amen. Could not get past Noble Indy in the softest of the prep circuits. How was he supposed to get past those. Yes he grows when water is added, but not that much.