PDA

View Full Version : Rip LoneF

cj
05-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Nuff said.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 07:01 PM
yup, well get the obligatory I was wrong but thats it.

I lost....but am very very happy. F...should have went.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2018, 07:02 PM
I banned him a couple of days ago...

SecretAgentMan
05-05-2018, 07:03 PM
I hope Justify wins the triple crown

cj
05-05-2018, 07:04 PM

I asked you not to for a reason you big dummy. :)

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2018, 07:05 PM
I asked you not to for a reason you big dummy. :)He pushed it too far...I had no choice...

Tom
05-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Yeah, bring him back, for a day anyways.....just for kicks and giggles! :pound:

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2018, 07:07 PM
He wouldn't show his face here anyway...they never do

Plus I'm sure he'll be back next year under the name JUSTIFY

PowerUpPaynter
05-05-2018, 07:07 PM

please unban him so we can have at him

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Fine...but I doubt he'll be back

Be careful what you wish for

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2018, 07:09 PM
OK, he's unbanned...prepare yourselves...if he comes back, it won't be pretty

I know exactly what he would say anyway...

papillon
05-05-2018, 07:15 PM
please unban him so we can have at him

Have at me instead.

I know it means so much to you to be able to have someone to mock.

cj
05-05-2018, 07:17 PM
He pushed it too far...I had no choice...

No worries, I had stopped reading this section to be honest. How funny is it though:

Justify 1st, Mendelssohn 20th.

You couldn't make it up.

cj
05-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Have at me instead.

We all have bad opinions and make bad selections at times. But he was the one mocking everyone for weeks that disagreed with him. You reap what you sow.

PowerUpPaynter
Have at me instead.

only the real douchey ones. i dont remember you being insufferable. gonna have to bring your 'A' game for Preakness talk... :lol:

picojim
his other horse Magnum Moon 2nd to last

Lemon Drop Husker
05-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Mendelssohn finishes DFL.

That has got to hurt.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Have at me instead.

your fine, but there were a lot of reasons why this horse was the best coming in. i get betting against him, I did, but there was a lot of bravado despite some glaring facts backing it up.

Vinnie
05-05-2018, 07:29 PM
We all have bad opinions and make bad selections at times. But he was the one mocking everyone for weeks that disagreed with him. You reap what you sow.

As Diamond D and the Psychotic Neurotics say "You reap what you sow and baby I can reap it, yo kid I'm the Best kept Secret"!! :lol:

dballard125
05-05-2018, 07:29 PM
If this guy couldn't even finish in the Top 10, you might as well forget betting any of these UAE shippers....ever. I don't know if it's the shipping or the competition, but hey just can't compete over here.

mostpost
05-05-2018, 07:34 PM
No worries, I had stopped reading this section to be honest. How funny is it though:

Justify 1st, Mendelssohn 20th.

You couldn't make it up.

You did see what happened to Mendelssohn at the start, right? A horse Vino Rosso?) came over and knocked him four or five paths to the inside. After that he was surrounded with no place to go. After that start there was no way he was going to win . He was last because Moore eased him

jocko699
05-05-2018, 07:40 PM
You did see what happened to Mendelssohn at the start, right? A horse Vino Rosso?) came over and knocked him four or five paths to the inside. After that he was surrounded with no place to go. After that start there was no way he was going to win . He was last because Moore eased him

Yet Instilled Regard who was inside of Magnum Moon also got killed but he finished 4th. You nailed it again Mostie. I don't know how you do it.

SecretAgentMan
05-05-2018, 07:46 PM
If this guy couldn't even finish in the Top 10, you might as well forget betting any of these UAE shippers....ever. I don't know if it's the shipping or the competition, but hey just can't compete over here.

I think if a UAE derby horse wants to win the KD, the trainer & owner have to ship him a month before the derby.......I never understood shipping the long distance a week before, then quarantine, etc.......jmo tho.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Yet Instilled Regard who was inside of Magnum Moon also got killed but he finished 4th. You nailed it again Mostie. I don't know how you do it.

I used him, his race at Fairground was good enough to at least be competitive, and his last figure was good enough to at least give him a bottom of the exotics play.

I needed good magic to win, oh well.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 07:48 PM
I think if a UAE derby horse wants to win the KD, the trainer & owner have to ship him a month before the derby.......I never understood shipping the long distance a week before, then quarantine, etc.......jmo tho.

I think an US based rider with experience would not have hurt either, its a different animal that race.

jocko699
05-05-2018, 07:58 PM
I think an US based rider with experience would not have hurt either, its a different animal that race.

I think both of you are right but I believe getting the horse here earlier is going to carry a great deal more weight.

If Aidan or any of the other trainers want to win a KD they must adapt, simple as that.

dballard125
05-05-2018, 07:59 PM

100% agree. Just too much stress on the horse to ship over here 5-7 days before the race.

Tom
05-05-2018, 08:01 PM

Ah, the LoneF exacta! :pound::pound::pound:

Robert Fischer
05-05-2018, 08:02 PM
LoneF was a lot better at pushing buttons than picking horses.

Mendelssohn is an interesting horse. No shame in picking him. LF just trolled it up too hard in every thread. Whoever posted the urinal comic was spot-on.

SkunkApe
05-05-2018, 08:21 PM

Mendelssohn is an interesting horse. No shame in picking him. LF just trolled it up too hard in every thread. Whoever posted the urinal comic was spot-on.

Hee hee. It was me.

Vinnie
05-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Hee hee. It was me.

I got quite a laugh out of it as well SkunkApe..... :lol:

Immortal6
05-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Finally got on here just to see a thread like this. Hope the dude stays away forever after his ass whooping he took.

martini
05-05-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm mostly a lurker and casual reader, but I liked LoneF's posts. I hope he comes back. He was passionate, if nothing else. It takes some real skill to hit a "reverse exacta" in the Derby, and I want to know more about his methods.

jay68802
05-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Not to mention the last place / last place Oaks Derby double.

storyline
05-05-2018, 11:03 PM
He pushed it too far...I had no choice...

I read his bullshit for 3 weeks and decided not to post cause whatever, you have timing similar to Comey :headbanger:

jocko699
05-05-2018, 11:08 PM
I'm mostly a lurker and casual reader, but I liked LoneF's posts. I hope he comes back. He was passionate, if nothing else. It takes some real skill to hit a "reverse exacta" in the Derby, and I want to know more about his methods.

What? Sorry, WHAT!!!!!!

TiffaniO
05-05-2018, 11:13 PM

He had the exacta lmao

We should all private message him ��

martini
05-05-2018, 11:18 PM
What? Sorry, WHAT!!!!!!

Don't you think it is harder to pick the bottom two horses than the top two horses? LoneF killed it.

dilanesp
05-05-2018, 11:19 PM
I read his bullshit for 3 weeks and decided not to post cause whatever, you have timing similar to Comey :headbanger:

That's the insult of the year. :)

storyline
05-05-2018, 11:40 PM
That's the insult of the year. :)

haha Mike knows I'm pulling his chain :kiss:

clicknow
05-05-2018, 11:41 PM
I don't know if it's the shipping or the competition, but they just can't compete over here.

Mendy will probably win the Dubai World Cup like Thunder Snow did, who has taken his place among some pretty "competitive" horses like Chrome, Cigar, Singspeil, Silver Charm, Dubai Millenium, Street Cry, and one of my most favorite horses, Pleasantly Perfect, et al.

:shrugs:

What I've always wanted to see was us sending our "turfy" horses over to the Prix d'Arc deTriomphe or Melbourne Cup to see if they can compete. I guess since the Breeders Cup is here, we just wait for them to come over and beat us. :)

I suspect we'd have the same kind of luck with our turfers over there as their dirt horses do over here.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 11:55 PM
I still cant believe Castallano ceded that gold rail to Thunder Snow when he was on the best horse.....

thats what I think of after this race, I know, silly.

Spalding No!
05-06-2018, 12:03 AM
Speaking of that, Moore gave up the mount on the much ballyhooed Saxon Warrior in the 2000 Guineas to ride Mendelssohn in KY.

Saxon Warrior, who is actually meant for the Epsom Derby at 12 furlongs and for all intents and purposes was using the 8 furlong Guineas to get a "leg up", romped under Aidan O'Brien's son.

Wonder if he'll get that mount back...

papillon
05-06-2018, 12:35 AM

It probably helped that Instilled Regard's pedigree suggested he'd love these conditions.

Mendelssohn was also knocked more than once by Magnum Moon. In the chart comments it mentions that he was eased and walked off.

The horse is in a hard spot now. He isn't really a turf horse. He only has run well on firm ground, of which there is not much over there, but O'Brien was clear he's not coming back here until Nov.

He was pulled up, so who knows, maybe he's going to be like his sire, career over after derby. Both ran mid pack, both ended up at the very back.

PhantomOnTour
05-06-2018, 01:06 AM
He wouldn't show his face here anyway...they never do

Plus I'm sure he'll be back next year under the name JUSTIFY

Okay Pace...that is hilarious :)

CincyHorseplayer
05-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Hee hee. It was me.

That was so funny! Your pick won too! Nicely done on both accounts!:ThmbUp::)

Tom
05-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Kick a man when he's down.......I like that! :headbanger:

SkunkApe
05-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Kick a man when he's down.......I like that! :headbanger:...

lamboguy
05-06-2018, 11:42 AM

Mendelssohn is an interesting horse. No shame in picking him. LF just trolled it up too hard in every thread. Whoever posted the urinal comic was spot-on.if you gave me double the money i could never bet on MENDLESON in that race. i don't like horses that win by that much ever anywhere any race. its my number 1 rule in betting horses, its probably the only reason i ever read a form is to make sure i never bet on horses that win by many open lengths.

CincyHorseplayer
05-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Kick a man when he's down.......I like that! :headbanger:

Yee Haw!:headbanger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_zsJ8KPP0

Kitan
05-06-2018, 11:57 AM

The interference suffered by Instilled Regard was nowhere near as bad as what Mendelssohn incurred. It wasn't just the incident leaving the gates, soon after that he got squeezed pretty heavily in between horses.

It's by no means an excuse, but one thing that people seem to discount is the track condition. Yes, there are horses who have never run on that waterlogged surface before that end up running well, but will most likely have seen it, or some sort of wet track, at least once in the mornings. For overseas runners, this is practically impossible as things currently are. Aidan gave a nice interview on ITV from Newmarket today, admitting that they learned a lot as they were unprepared for the extreme weather. He said that as they were galloping on track before the start, Ryan Moore reported Mendelssohn kept trying to buck, because the surface was so unfamiliar and confusing. Puts it into perspective as to why a subsequent Dubai World Cup winner would have done just that during the race last year on a flooded dirt track.

upthecreek
05-06-2018, 12:36 PM
https://twitter.com/ronflatter/status/993165553224310784

GMB@BP
05-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Pretty honest comments from Obrian in his op-ed in the racing post.

basically saying you cannot prepare for the aggressive and intense first couple of furlongs running in EU and Dubai.

Makes it sound like he realizes with a dirt derby type he has to come here to prep.

MadVindication
05-06-2018, 03:06 PM
oh man I feel bad for Mendy.

Travel him all that way so not scratch him when the weather gets shitty...3 million dollar animal...Derby fever, crazy.

cj
05-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Wonder if he'll get that mount back...

1-9 he will, and probably the very reason his son took the mount on Saturday.

GMB@BP
05-06-2018, 03:29 PM
1-9 he will, and probably the very reason his son took the mount on Saturday.

he already said that Ryan Moore rides all their #1 horses. but your right, much easier to boot someone in that situation.

Robert Fischer
05-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Mendellsohn's 'A' race could have contended with Audible for third.

He's a very good horse, and he's much better than he showed.

Afleet
05-06-2018, 10:12 PM

I don't want to brag but I may have had a last and last daily double before, but I normally play two horses per leg so at least one won't finish last;)