PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Oaks. Monomoy Girl. Just Me?

CincyHorseplayer
05-05-2018, 03:53 AM
She was my top rated gal in the race but 14 hole? Plenty of company in my eyes. To see her just gun from the #14 hole then was almost saving ground in the first turn. Plus fought back in the stretch.

This is either the greatest performance in a while or opportunism with a speed favoring track.

What do you think?

Myself beyond the sting of chalk after a while I was blown away.

burnsy
05-05-2018, 09:27 AM
That was my best bet of the day. She is an absolute gorilla, looked like a champ in the post parade . I thought the price was more than fair. When I saw her last race and the price she was yesterday. She was the key for my doubles and the Woodford/Derby pic 3. That horse saved the day for me and it was a gutsy run to the wire, many would of called a day that last 100 yards....... not her!

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 10:08 AM
She was my top rated gal in the race but 14 hole? Plenty of company in my eyes. To see her just gun from the #14 hole then was almost saving ground in the first turn. Plus fought back in the stretch.

This is either the greatest performance in a while or opportunism with a speed favoring track.

What do you think?

Myself beyond the sting of chalk after a while I was blown away.

I think she is a very talented filly who also caught a moderate pace and a inside speed track which helped her a little bit but hindered a lot of her competition.

We will see how it shakes out in the Acorn and down the road. Wonder Gadot hasnt exactly been a dominant force this season.

burnsy
05-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Yeah ok, she broke from post 14, ran two to three wide for most of the race and if Wonder Gadot is not in there, never feels the whip and hand rides to win by about 7 lengths. Seven starts, six wins, a place and two grade ones including the Kentucky Oaks.........Right now, she's much the best, she even looked like the best before the race went off, built like a keg of dynamite.

CincyHorseplayer
05-05-2018, 05:11 PM
That was my best bet of the day. She is an absolute gorilla, looked like a champ in the post parade . I thought the price was more than fair. When I saw her last race and the price she was yesterday. She was the key for my doubles and the Woodford/Derby pic 3. That horse saved the day for me and it was a gutsy run to the wire, many would of called a day that last 100 yards....... not her!

That's awesome! Winning!:ThmbUp::)

CincyHorseplayer
05-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Yeah ok, she broke from post 14, ran two to three wide for most of the race and if Wonder Gadot is not in there, never feels the whip and hand rides to win by about 7 lengths. Seven starts, six wins, a place and two grade ones including the Kentucky Oaks.........Right now, she's much the best, she even looked like the best before the race went off, built like a keg of dynamite.

My thoughts exactly. Intelligent race analysis gone awry but I love his input too. Plenty of room in here!

classhandicapper
05-06-2018, 09:45 AM

What do you think?

\

It was probably a little of both.

GMB@BP
05-06-2018, 01:20 PM
It was probably a little of both.

That is essentially what I said, but its "race analysis gone awry"

CincyHorseplayer
05-06-2018, 01:35 PM
That is essentially what I said, but its "race analysis gone awry"

My bad GMB, knee jerk response! I dig your posts. Hope this doesn't alter your opinion of me brother. Just a player. Sometimes talks too loosely!

GMB@BP
05-06-2018, 01:41 PM
My bad GMB, knee jerk response! I dig your posts. Hope this doesn't alter your opinion of me brother. Just a player. Sometimes talks too loosely!

Its cool, people say its negative, i just always look for the "next" race mind set.

The filly is obviously exceptional and will definitely be tough to beat. Still though, as Ky Oaks winners go I think she is just another in a line of good horses but that effort does not scare me away from betting her if she hooks up a decent field in the Acorn. Of course not sure I have seen much talent from that division in NY.

CincyHorseplayer
05-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Its cool, people say its negative, i just always look for the "next" race mind set.

The filly is obviously exceptional and will definitely be tough to beat. Still though, as Ky Oaks winners go I think she is just another in a line of good horses but that effort does not scare me away from betting her if she hooks up a decent field in the Acorn. Of course not sure I have seen much talent from that division in NY.

This had to be a tough race on her too. Then turning back to a 1 turn mile. Can't wait to see how the race lines up. I'm having a tough time not loving this race though. It was pretty amazing!