05-04-2018, 10:39 PM
this rant centers on today's Ky Oaks,and the brazen attempt of John Velasquez
to have the winning horse, Monomy Girl dq'd for a slight brushing event
in mid stretch.

The insanity of listening to this Jock claiming he had a real chance of winning
the race was correctly denied by the stewards. Check the race replay if you
question this statement.

Anyone owning horses or watching races on a consistent basis is aware
there are major bumping incidents occuring when the gate opens,which stewards generally overlook, unless the winner dramtically affected any
on the placing horses after severly bumping one or more of his opponents.

Neverthe less , the stewards took a long time reviewing the replays to
reflect their concerns; I'm chucling as Gary Barber, owner of
JV's mount, couldn't even stand near him as John was interviewed.

Not for nothing, were I a steward, I'd fine this Jock and his owner for
making a claim that had zero merit in a major stakes race.

metro
05-05-2018, 12:53 AM
Wouldn't say it didn't have merit. Watch both the pan shot and the head on. Monomoy Girl and Wonder Gadot were nose to nose when the bump occurred at which point WG switched to her left lead and MG inched away. If they don't make contact it's safe to say WG stays on her right lead and they battle to the wire....could have been a head bob either way.

Stewards did make the right call though. They take that down and they're setting a standard for absolutely no contact allowed in stretch runs.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2018, 03:08 AM
Looked pretty bad to this observer...thought for sure there was a good chance the winner would have come down, especially if this wasn't the Oaks.

NY BRED, you never fail to bring an alternate reality to this board. Most of your posts leave me shaking my head in disbelief...

CincyHorseplayer
05-05-2018, 04:14 AM
Boy I am going to get crucified. I liked seeing the bear down in mid stretch and imposing the will! If you are all over the track that's one thing. This was IMO straight up will to over power.

GMB@BP
05-05-2018, 10:06 AM
I am a foul is a foul guy but this contact was so minor and did not feel rider initiated which is where i have the biggest gripes.

But I would not have been unhappy if they took the horse down.