PDA

View Full Version : Harvest time in NYC...the Nuts are coming!

Tom
08-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Well, they are already starting in NYC....the nut-cases are swarming over the city like locusts. All in the name of protesting Bush and the Convention.
This next week should be interesting to watch...not on the convention floor, but on the streets of NY.
Mindless demsonstrations that will ultimatley turn off middle-America will be the order of the day. Stupidity will be running rampant, They want to destroy the lawn in Central Park so that everyone will know that Bush is bad for the environement! They are parading naked in the streets to remind us that Bush has no values.
In an amusing local story, a bus load of Bush bashers left Rochester today, headed for NYC and thier date with destiny, and the local TV crew filmed the bus as it got on the NYS Thruway....and headed WEST! Towards Buffalo! Her commnet was something to the effect of, "Well, they seem to be heading in the wrong direction! Maybe the bus will do a "flip/flop" in LeRoy!" (the next exit).
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2004, 01:58 AM
They say they are expecting 250,000 for that march (is it supposed to happen on Sunday?)

Anyway, I'm going to be real curious what the official police crowd estimate is. These things never live up to the hype (anyone remember the million man march?)

If they actually get the number they are expecting, I'd be really shocked. I'm using this as a sort of proxy......

NoDayJob
08-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Tom

In an amusing local story, a bus load of Bush bashers left Rochester today, headed for NYC and thier date with destiny, and the local TV crew filmed the bus as it got on the NYS Thruway....and headed WEST! Towards Buffalo! Her commnet was something to the effect of, "Well, they seem to be heading in the wrong direction! Maybe the bus will do a "flip/flop" in LeRoy!" (the next exit).
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D Obviously, the bus driver is a republican plant, or he said "Screw it, let's go to Finger Lakes and blow a wad of cash." :D

Tom
08-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by NoDayJob
:D Obviously, the bus driver is a republican plant, or he said "Screw it, let's go to Finger Lakes and blow a wad of cash." :D

FL is to the East of Rochester.....they were heading to Fort Erie. Just like the Dems to outsource thier gambling! :D

NoDayJob
08-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Tom
FL is to the East of Rochester.....they were heading to Fort Erie. Just like the Dems to outsource thier gambling! :D

:D By the time they get to Finger Lakes the convention would be over. Another REP ploy. :D

DJofSD
08-29-2004, 09:04 PM
PA wrote:
Anyway, I'm going to be real curious what the official police crowd estimate is. These things never live up to the hype (anyone remember the million man march?)

Heck with Washington, D.C. Do you remember Chi-town '68?

DJofSD

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Nope....I was probably in utero at the time....LOL

Secretariat
08-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
They say they are expecting 250,000 for that march (is it supposed to happen on Sunday?)

If they actually get the number they are expecting, I'd be really shocked. I'm using this as a sort of proxy......

Estimates ran between 120,000 to 500,000 depending who you want to beleive.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040830/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_convention_rdp&cid=694&ncid=716

I thought about going, but I would have had to miss SAR today, if I had., and Bush wasn't worth that.

Tom
08-29-2004, 10:07 PM
I was in Baltimore the day of the million man march. Never saw so many black suits and ties in one place at one time. I watched the speech in my motel room in Timonium - never laughed so hard as wehn Calipso Louie let loose with all those numbers! I wanted to run across the street to Tim racetrack and start playing all the combinations, but they weren't open!:D