PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires web changes?

AltonKelsey
05-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Did Twinspires modify their web pages beginning in MAY.

Stuff that used to work , broken now.

AltonKelsey
05-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Not much doubt they went to a trickier method of serving the data.

Anyone know how to deal with the new code and excel?

jay68802
05-03-2018, 01:24 PM
What data?

AltonKelsey
05-03-2018, 04:47 PM
What data?

The tote feed, totally changed, ruining my life

sjk
05-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Had me scared there. It was not working for me as usual in IE.

Got through to tech support and they suggested using chrome which is giving me the screen that seemed missing.

Parkview_Pirate
05-04-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm having numerous issues with TS, including portions of the menu bar that display intermittently, like pool selections, recall wagers button, etc.

Today we have a new problem. In both Chrome and Firefox, Twinspires only displays the first 16 horses for the Oaks-Derby probables. I had to go out on Xpressbet to get all 20 horses displayed for the Derby.

Those cheap rats at CDI should really buckle down and spend a little more on IT, including a decent tester....:ThmbDown:

jay68802
05-04-2018, 12:05 PM
The tote feed, totally changed, ruining my life

Yep, see what you mean now. I used to be able to get that info into Excel also, now it is broke. Of course I have not done it in about a year so I did not realize it was changed. Will spend some time tonight trying to figure it out. :rant:

sjk
05-04-2018, 01:27 PM
At the moment IE is working again

Bill F
05-06-2018, 05:56 PM
It used to be pretty easy to get the data from Supertote and Twinspires into Excel, but of course Twinspires made sure that had to stop. So on the off chance that there is still a not too expensive way to do it, could any kind soul suggest how we might once again be able to pull tote data into excel?

sjk
05-07-2018, 01:55 AM
I use the exacta grid on the classic wagering screen. Copy/paste to excel.

I used to be afraid of posting about supertote since I had not actually bought anything from them for years. I would hope that twinspires would be glad to have this done as I have bet thousands of races a year for he last 20 years with them.

Right at the moment the batch betting is broken. My last half dozen or so bets Saturday and quite a few Sunday did not go through before I realized that I was not getting action. Using another ADW until they get it righted.

Bill F
05-07-2018, 05:47 PM
"I use the exacta grid on the classic wagering screen. Copy/paste to excel."

Thanks SJK. I too found that to be the only way that I could get any data into my worksheets. I used to have that info automated and auto refresh to let me see the changing bet patterns.

Oh well, with the CRW teams now doing that much better than I ever could, I guess it's no great loss.

Frankie D
05-11-2018, 11:34 PM
They just today ended conditional wagers

AltonKelsey
05-12-2018, 01:15 AM
They just today ended conditional wagers

Is that so.

Probably the WHALES demanding all the sucker money be bet early.

GMB@BP
05-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Is that so.

Probably the WHALES demanding all the sucker money be bet early.

or the conditional wagers are throwing off their calculations

Pensacola Pete
05-19-2018, 05:58 PM
You might talk to Gary Pitz about writing what you need. The Twinspires mobile site is importing into his program (At The Races) well enough. For the price of an annual subscription ($100 per year), he might program it (if it doesn't exist already) so that data from requested tracks are exported to text or CSV files in a dedicated folder, where your Excel program can access and convert them to extract what you want.

The good part about having it done through ATR is that if one tote source stops working, you can use another which will produce the same file, until Gary fixes the program to work with the non-working source. The downside, of course, is that it isn't free.

You can find ATR at http://htr2.com/atr/atrpro_dnl.htm . Download the program (30 day trial) and then fetch the updated executable just below it and install it over the original. I suggest contacting Gary at the email listed on the page before purchasing. If what's needed is simple to program, he might include it with the subscription; otherwise, his programming fees are very reasonable.

highnote
07-16-2018, 04:15 PM
You might talk to Gary Pitz about writing what you need. The Twinspires mobile site is importing into his program (At The Races) well enough. For the price of an annual subscription ($100 per year), he might program it (if it doesn't exist already) so that data from requested tracks are exported to text or CSV files in a dedicated folder, where your Excel program can access and convert them to extract what you want.

The good part about having it done through ATR is that if one tote source stops working, you can use another which will produce the same file, until Gary fixes the program to work with the non-working source. The downside, of course, is that it isn't free.

You can find ATR at http://htr2.com/atr/atrpro_dnl.htm . Download the program (30 day trial) and then fetch the updated executable just below it and install it over the original. I suggest contacting Gary at the email listed on the page before purchasing. If what's needed is simple to program, he might include it with the subscription; otherwise, his programming fees are very reasonable.

If TS sends out incorrect tote data for some racetracks like they did on Sunday, July 15 at Sha Tin then any software that uses ATR data is going to give dubious information.

Everyone I know who uses ATR raves about it, but customers need to be aware that tote data might contain errors. So always check the data! Don't get complacent and just assume the data is always correct. It is NOT!

Caveat Emptor.

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2018, 04:16 PM
Could you please stop with this already. It's bordering on SPAM at this point. We get it. Some tote data was funky at Sha Tin one day. Not the end of the world. Probably a one time thing.

If you see any other concrete evidence, let us know. Until then, enough about this.

highnote
07-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Could you please stop with this already. It's bordering on SPAM at this point. We get it. Some tote data was funky at Sha Tin one day. Not the end of the world. Probably a one time thing.

If you see any other concrete evidence, let us know. Until then, enough about this.

Not everyone reads every topic. Just wanted to make sure my fellow handicappers don't lose money like I did by betting with bad information from unnamed tote service. Odds are the lifeblood of the sport for bettors.

Imagine if investors couldn't rely on the ticker for accurate stock, option, currency, and future prices.

Hopefully, unnamed service will be as annoyed as you are and fix the problem. Squeaky wheel needs some oil. ;)