PDA

View Full Version : DRF Webinar tonight

Tom
05-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Featuring CJ for a "deep dive" into the PPs.
And another one on Thursday with Andy Beyer.

My equipment is not supported, so I can't listen live.
Are these things available to listen to afterwards?

GMB@BP
05-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Usually next day on drf YouTube channel

cj
05-02-2018, 12:13 PM
Featuring CJ for a "deep dive" into the PPs.
And another one on Thursday with Andy Beyer.

My equipment is not supported, so I can't listen live.
Are these things available to listen to afterwards?

I don't listen to myself, but i listen to the other DRF pods via Castbox on my phone. Free app that works great. Can also subscribe to Byk's show, Jason Beem's, etc.

Tom
05-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Thanks guys.

I ran the "Check your System" after I registered and the site LAUGHED at me! :lol:

I had a red flag by every single thing on the page.......guess my set up is a little behind the times.

LemonSoupKid
05-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Listen, but remember, don't let these guys throw you off of your picks. I know if you win you won't remember but if you lose, you always regret it, big time. I'm about winning but equally about action and the satisfaction of 'capping.

Denny
05-02-2018, 08:28 PM
I listen to the replays at drf.com/youtube.
They keep them there forever.
You can even listen to how bad Beyer did last year. Every year.

BlueChip@DRF
05-02-2018, 08:30 PM
I listen to the replays at drf.com/youtube.
They keep them there forever.
You can even listen to how bad Beyer did last year. Every year.

Speaking of which, who is his pick this year?

cj
05-02-2018, 11:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAPX_BJKIKU

GMB@BP
05-02-2018, 11:14 PM
lots of similar consensus from all the things I have been reading...mostly comes down to trip and maybe how the pace shakes out.

I do agree Hoffburg gets bet down and you will get more than 8/1 on Bolt.

Tom
05-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Thanks CJ!

jahura2
05-03-2018, 12:34 PM
I don't listen to myself, but i listen to the other DRF pods via Castbox on my phone. Free app that works great. Can also subscribe to Byk's show, Jason Beem's, etc.

Good stuff CJ. You're actually quite funny when you want to be in a dry humor sort of way. Maybe if this figure making stuff doesn't pan out you can go in to horse racing stand up comedy. Haha

RunForTheRoses
05-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Seems both poo pooed mendy, dont know what to maje of that.

One thing watching that I wonder who will get the trip the best. Note was made, mainly by Privman that Desormeaux's horse, while apparently a closer, may not at the trip, was noted he may be best at a mile.

I see some Distance Tomlinsons were in the 200s. Who has the best combo of speed and endurance?

GMB@BP
05-03-2018, 03:03 PM
Seems both poo pooed mendy, dont know what to maje of that.

One thing watching that I wonder who will get the trip the best. Note was made, mainly by Privman that Desormeaux's horse, while apparently a closer, may not at the trip, was noted he may be best at a mile.

I see some Distance Tomlinsons were in the 200s. Who has the best combo of speed and endurance?

The problem is not with the horse, who may be very good. But if you liked the horse for a while the worst thing that happened was that lopsided win. It took his odds from say 12/1 to 5/1, or lower.

I like the horse, think he could do ok if he rates kindly and takes the dirt, I just would not want to back that at 5/1.

RunForTheRoses
05-03-2018, 03:16 PM
The problem is not with the horse, who may be very good. But if you liked the horse for a while the worst thing that happened was that lopsided win. It took his odds from say 12/1 to 5/1, or lower.

I like the horse, think he could do ok if he rates kindly and takes the dirt, I just would not want to back that at 5/1.

I would agree the price has to be right and it probably won't be. That ship seems to be a real backbreaker, some really good seasoned older horses haven't been able to do it.

As someone who hasn't had time to handicap yet the seminar was a good start. Will probably watch Beyer tonight.

RunForTheRoses
05-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Last nights webinar was worth a listen, you can still listen at the youtube site of drf. According to Beyer only 3 can win-J, Bolt, or Mendy, he x ed out tge rest.

Tom
05-04-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm boxing the other 17~! :lol: