PDA

View Full Version : I cancelled Twinspires, now what

pktruckdriver
04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Ok I canceled TS, got Xpressbet and Amwager, but only one does the Derby, any ideas please?
Thanks

thaskalos
04-30-2018, 06:07 PM
One betting outlet isn't enough for you in the Derby?

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2018, 07:15 PM
You sure Amwager isn't going to have the Derby? Just because they don't carry Churchill daily, I seem to remember them having the Derby card last year...but I could be mistaken...

turfnsport
04-30-2018, 08:25 PM
You sure Amwager isn't going to have the Derby? Just because they don't carry Churchill daily, I seem to remember them having the Derby card last year...but I could be mistaken...

They told me they will not have CD for Oaks & Derby. They will take betting on the Preakness & Belmont Stakes cards.

Tom
04-30-2018, 11:04 PM

Must be planning on "sending it in!" :eek:

12/ALL/ALL
05-01-2018, 06:41 AM
It constantly amazes me, even at the age of 68, how long term destructive the horse racing business is. There are all these restrictive battles over who can do what in an industry that is only slightly healthier than video rental stores and pay phone booths. The late great sports writer Will McDonough wrote that at the end of World War II the three most popular sports in America were baseball, horse racing, and boxing. In 2018, of the three, only baseball is something more than just a niche sport. Serious racing fans like the people who post on this site deserve better leadership at both the industry and regulatory level.

Tom
05-01-2018, 10:21 AM
The industry has yet to realize ALL tracks and ADWs benefit when the game grows, but almost all them continue to try to shrink it and save their own little piece of it. Even as subtly as overlapping post times continually, showing utter DISRESPECT for their customers.

FakeNameChanged
05-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Must be planning on "sending it in!" :eek:

Warming up the ol' blowhole.

pktruckdriver
05-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Sorry I called and was told no, sadly, but my account with them is still open.
Guess I can use only Xpressbet, but if it goes down, guess i save money, ...lol

toddbowker
05-02-2018, 11:12 AM
PTC will carry the Derby if you are still looking for an alternative.

AlsoEligible
05-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Not when the "big three" all have a track record of issues/crashes on the biggest days. I think it was two years ago that TVG crashed an hour before the Derby race, and single-handedly caused a 9% dip in total handle. XpressBet and TwinSpires have also had issues in recent years, whether it be slow performance or an outright crash.

With that in mind, it's a good idea to have multiple outlets that you can switch to at a moment's notice.

acorn54
05-02-2018, 08:23 PM
i agree. twinspires always has issues it seems with their web site when the money comes pouring in for bets. ironic isn't it? they behave as if they believe in the communist ethic, rather than welcoming an increase in revenue. fact is stranger than fiction.

davew
05-03-2018, 12:28 AM
It constantly amazes me, even at the age of 68, how long term destructive the horse racing business is. There are all these restrictive battles over who can do what in an industry that is only slightly healthier than video rental stores and pay phone booths. The late great sports writer Will McDonough wrote that at the end of World War II the three most popular sports in America were baseball, horse racing, and boxing. In 2018, of the three, only baseball is something more than just a niche sport. Serious racing fans like the people who post on this site deserve better leadership at both the industry and regulatory level.

Interesting and I agree. One aspect about this industry is Stronach and Churchill Downs, Inc have most of the tracks and seem to be competing against each other, rather than cooperating.