PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer 2018 starts May 1st

BombsAway Bob
04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
The 2018 Meet kicks off with a pair of Turf dashes.
Opening night Mountaineer weather looks Boffo!
Big Fields of 10-9-8-9-10-9-10-8-10 before scratches.
As usual the owner/trainer combo of Helms/Clouston
look loaded for bear, with 13 runners in first 8 races.
5th race is key for horizontal bettors, ends early Pick-4
and kicks off the Pick-5 sequence. The one mile MSW
event has ten runners, including four 3YO's.
The 5/2ML fave is #9DateArch, a 4YO that came off
a trainer change and 17-month layoff with a solid 2nd
going the 8F at Mahoning Valley. Curious to see what
Mountainman Mark Patterson thought of the effort.

cutchemist42
05-01-2018, 12:29 AM
The 2018 Meet kicks off with a pair of Turf dashes.
Opening night Mountaineer weather looks Boffo!
Big Fields of 10-9-8-9-10-9-10-8-10 before scratches.
As usual the owner/trainer combo of Helms/Clouston
look loaded for bear, with 13 runners in first 8 races.
5th race is key for horizontal bettors, ends early Pick-4
and kicks off the Pick-5 sequence. The one mile MSW
event has ten runners, including four 3YO's.
The 5/2ML fave is #9DateArch, a 4YO that came off
a trainer change and 17-month layoff with a solid 2nd
going the 8F at Mahoning Valley. Curious to see what
Mountainman Mark Patterson thought of the effort.

Used to love the Mountain but they dont post their feed online anymore....

TiffaniO
05-01-2018, 09:35 AM

TiffaniO
05-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Used to love the Mountain but they dont post their feed online anymore....

If you have a smart phone, get the free “Horse Races Now” app and it has the Mountaineer feed.

bugboy
05-01-2018, 10:20 AM
is there a charge for this site? thanks

TiffaniO
05-01-2018, 10:33 AM
is there a charge for this site? thanks

As I stated above it is free

PointGiven
05-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Beat me to it. I like to watch races on horse race now app. I like mountaineer in house show. Always get some good bits cause they really are up on everything and everyone.

I like to watch others that way also. It works great on tablets.

Michael
05-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Does Mark still come to the forums? Haven't seen him post in a long time.

Rico8812
05-02-2018, 12:13 AM
Same as it ever was. Horses with no prior early speed spring out of the gate and wire the field, race after race.
:bang:

Pensacola Pete
05-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Same as it ever was. Horses with no prior early speed spring out of the gate and wire the field, race after race.
:bang:

That's the Finger Lakes syndrome, too. The jockeys should wear party hats, and they should blow little horns and shout "SURPRISE!" when their horse that's never been closer than 5 lengths to the pace in its career goes out and wires the field.

Jeff P
05-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Wed 05-02-2018 --

After just one race I don't (yet) have a solid read on the track bias tonight. But after watching the horses navigate the turn and the stretch during the running of race one: I'm guessing the riders must think the rail is dead. (Not a single runner within 20-25 feet of the rail at any point.)

-jp

Afleet
05-02-2018, 09:45 PM
Wed 05-02-2018 --

After just one race I don't (yet) have a solid read on the track bias tonight. But after watching the horses navigate the turn and the stretch during the running of race one: I'm guessing the riders must think the rail is dead. (Not a single runner within 20-25 feet of the rail at any point.)

-jp

thats how it has always been

PointGiven
05-02-2018, 10:55 PM
Are prices better without Deshawn Parker this year?

TiffaniO
05-02-2018, 11:40 PM
Are prices better without Deshawn Parker this year?

Parker wasn’t there last year either...

Prices will be good as long as fields stay large... once they go to 5-6 horse fields then it can be chalk city

Tom
05-03-2018, 10:13 AM
I have to wonder what the thought process is for NOT having your live feed available for FREE to EVERYONE.

People will use it to either bet in real time of toe make future bets.
I would thing making your product available to the largest possible audience would be in your best interests.

Maybe Mark knows?

Anyway, nice to have them back.
Good website there - like night racing, and not the EVD or DED type.
Is HorseplayerNow doing the bet-along night again?

mountainman
05-03-2018, 08:33 PM
hi guys...texted new director of racing, jim colvin, about availability of signal..great guy, square shooter..said he'd look into it,,seemed optimistic,,

shamless plug...great to hear pete do his thing again...super elite caller.....and had a ruff winter

extremely shameless plug....off to great start personally....stand 5 for 5 with website picks, so far, including 5-1 and 10-1 winners...intimate knowledge of mahoning horses really paying off.......(will spare you guys the gory details, but if you knew the medical hell i went though this winter,,you would gladly permit me this bit of self-promotion)

will be posting more often here...still love this site..nothing like it

mountainman
05-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Free and readily available feed reportedly in works. Hopefully, specifics soon.

Tom
05-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Gittin' R done! :ThmbUp:

Michael
05-06-2018, 05:40 PM
hi guys...texted new director of racing, jim colvin, about availability of signal..great guy, square shooter..said he'd look into it,,seemed optimistic,,

shamless plug...great to hear pete do his thing again...super elite caller.....and had a ruff winter

extremely shameless plug....off to great start personally....stand 5 for 5 with website picks, so far, including 5-1 and 10-1 winners...intimate knowledge of mahoning horses really paying off.......(will spare you guys the gory details, but if you knew the medical hell i went though this winter,,you would gladly permit me this bit of self-promotion)

will be posting more often here...still love this site..nothing like it

Hope all is well :ThmbUp:

Will be honest I've never looked at the website. I'll have to pay more attention to your picks!

bello
05-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Mark, I hope your ailments are behind you. Having spent 1/2 of 2017 rehabbing after a fluke accident, I feel for you.

I'll be back to betting mtneer this season. Need a few cards to see what is the deal bias wise. Watching tonight but I am sure tempted to pound an AAron West DD. I'll post selections in the handicap section. Feel free to comment ( anyone)