PDA

View Full Version : Sony VAIO boot problems

ljb
08-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I put an additional memory chip in this puter last week. Since then I get an error message when starting computer. "Hardware moniter found an error" f1 to continue f2 to (repair).
When I go to f2 and look at hardware moniter I can see nothing wrong. I have tried to disable all features in Hardware moniter but still get error message. Computer runs ok off f1 but I don't like this event, can you help me?
Thank you,
ljb

NoDayJob
08-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ljb
I put an additional memory chip in this puter last week. Since then I get an error message when starting computer. "Hardware moniter found an error" f1 to continue f2 to (repair).
When I go to f2 and look at hardware moniter I can see nothing wrong. I have tried to disable all features in Hardware moniter but still get error message. Computer runs ok off f1 but I don't like this event, can you help me?
Thank you,
ljb

Do you still get an error when you remove the chip you added? If not, that new chip may be bad or not compatible with your setup. Always try to get OEM mfg's. such as Micron. You can purchase them via the internet.

NDJ

ljb
08-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Well I haven't tried to remove chip and re-boot. The additional memory does show up, so I assumed it was working as designed. I will try that next time i get out there. Thank you.