PDA

View Full Version : STATS Race Lens

Tom
04-21-2018, 09:45 PM
OK, I have a 30 day trial to sign up for, thanks to our gracious host PA! :headbanger:

Is anyone using this product, and if so, how are you using it?
I see there are 13 video tutorials, so I'm guessing there is lots of things to use.

Any suggestions where to begin, what to use?
I'm thinking I'll sign up Sunday and get a card to play around with while watching the videos.

Onion Monster
04-22-2018, 12:08 PM
It's good for doing research on trainers, jocks and sires. All the charts are there too.

I wouldn't waste my time on their created odds line and their race/shape pace projector isn't as good as Timeform's.

The equibase figs aren't bad, but you'll find (especially in the 3yo Stakes) errors.

GMB@BP
04-22-2018, 12:50 PM
never used it before but watched a couple videos

i am sure its a fine product but i havent seen the need to switch from formulator with timeform figures.

ubercapper who posts here is involved in the product and very respected handicapper.

kdavis7837
04-22-2018, 02:11 PM
It's good for doing research on trainers, jocks and sires. All the charts are there too.

I wouldn't waste my time on their created odds line and their race/shape pace projector isn't as good as Timeform's.

The equibase figs aren't bad, but you'll find (especially in the 3yo Stakes) errors.

Could not agree more, if researching obscure stats is your thing it’s worth it but for everyday handicapping I found it confusing mostly because I couldn’t get used to pp’s been spoiled by the simplicity and accuracy of timeform, not saying bad just not my thing

rcknhrse
04-22-2018, 07:16 PM
Hard to see on my computer screen ,they need to work on the visual,thats my main complaint ,you have GO to into the program to find some good stats ,the ones they hightlight on the main page arent that predictive ,equibase figs ,have their good days and bad days ,same as DRF,BRIS AND THOROGRAPH,i think they show equibase pace figs ,but they are very high compared to bris ,i like horse that can crack 100 but with equibase you have to make that 110 or better ,they had 1 the other day /186 /pace fig .came in 19-1/but horse had other things going for it!/they highlight best speed fig on the page and the 2nd best on the page .BRIS has always been much easier on the eyes

rcknhrse
04-22-2018, 07:33 PM
i just downloaded their free race of day no raw pace figs for stats race lens ,which is a shame for the money how is it bris can fit all that info on the page and the rest of these pp's cant ,get up to speed ,the projected avg pace is useless a high recent pace fig is an indicator of fitness ,i dont know what they base the avg on

biggestal99
04-23-2018, 08:14 AM
I also have a free subscription to it via VIP status.

Did Tampa bay and woodbine yesterday.

Lets you fool around with the factors you think are important to each race.

for instance I pay no attention to trainer or jock so I pushed the buttons back on those factors.

did okay playing against the underlaid horses on the X. (trial was 50 bucks against the most underlaid horse). went 8 for 8 losers. (2 seconds, 2 thirds)
made some money off the SRL but it was only one day at 2 tracks.

and those pesky seconds are a concern.

I like my underlays off the board. :cool:

Allan

upthecreek
04-23-2018, 09:01 AM

for instance I pay no attention to trainer or jock so I pushed the buttons back on those factors.

did okay playing against the underlaid horses on the X. (trial was 50 bucks against the most underlaid horse). went 8 for 8 losers. (2 seconds, 2 thirds)

Allan
Allan , do you know anything about the "reduction factor" on NJX? Yesterday I found out the hard way What I thought was a bet @6.4 ended up 5.78 And the horse won! And tote price ended up better

biggestal99
04-23-2018, 09:16 AM
Allan , do you know anything about the "reduction factor" on NJX? Yesterday I found out the hard way What I thought was a bet @6.4 ended up 5.78 And the horse won! And tote price ended up better

Yeah, It sucks thats what it does.

Each horse has a reduction value. The lower odds the horse the higher the reduction factor.

They suspend the betting, take out the scratched horse, reduce the odds of the matched bets by the reduction factor. Then open the market back up.

with PM bets it is done automatically, with exchange wagering its not.

it is a major nuisance. Major only if a low odds horse is scratched.

For the bookmakers in the UK, its called rule 4 and it sucks there too.

Allan

upthecreek
04-23-2018, 09:30 AM
Yeah, It sucks thats what it does.

Each horse has a reduction value. The lower odds the horse the higher the reduction factor.

They suspend the betting, take out the scratched horse, reduce the odds of the matched bets by the reduction factor. Then open the market back up.

with PM bets it is done automatically, with exchange wagering its not.

it is a major nuisance. Major only if a low odds horse is scratched.

For the bookmakers in the UK, its called rule 4 and it sucks there too.

Allan
Thanks👍 Especially sucks since tote odds on my horse went up from 4-1 to 5-1 and I didn't place another bet, figuring I was locked on @ 6.4
The horse paid$12 tote, $10.41 NJX

biggestal99
04-23-2018, 09:51 AM
Thanks👍 Especially sucks since tote odds on my horse went up from 4-1 to 5-1 and I didn't place another bet, figuring I was locked on @ 6.4
The horse paid$12 tote, $10.41 NJX

Yeah the first time it happened to me it was What the hell......

I emailed and got the sad facts of life about this bad part of NJX.

Allan

upthecreek
04-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Yeah the first time it happened to me it was What the hell......

I emailed and got the sad facts of life about this bad part of NJX.

Allan

I got a hold of Justin Horowitz on Twitter, he's looking into and is going to try and explain it to me:lol:

davew
04-23-2018, 10:26 AM

It used to be the more you win, the higher the exchange 'take' on winning bets.

upthecreek
04-23-2018, 10:40 AM

Nothing to do with the take Its always a flat 12% It had to do with a late scratch at the gate

upthecreek
04-23-2018, 11:31 AM

This is what happened I still dont quite grasp it

How is the reduction factor applied?
When a bet is struck, the price that it was matched at will be recorded on the system. If there is a subsequent withdrawal (non-runner), we will reduce the matched price by the reduction factor of the withdrawn horse.

If you want to calculate the new price once a reduction factor has been applied, this is how:

(Decimal odds / 100) x reduction factor of non-runner = amount to reduce original price by

Subtract this amount from the original price to calculate the new price.

ubercapper
04-23-2018, 12:08 PM
OK, I have a 30 day trial to sign up for, thanks to our gracious host PA! :headbanger:

Is anyone using this product, and if so, how are you using it?
I see there are 13 video tutorials, so I'm guessing there is lots of things to use.

Any suggestions where to begin, what to use?
I'm thinking I'll sign up Sunday and get a card to play around with while watching the videos.

As for the where to begin, what to use question I always recommend at the beginning to not change your current methodology but find ways to handicap faster or find information easier, then move on to features you may not have had in other products.

I'm nearly always (except for Derby week) available for a one-on-one call. I've had over 50 great conversations with fellow handicappers over the past few months, answering "how do I" questions or just sharing shortcuts. Send me a PM if interested.

ubercapper
04-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Hard to see on my computer screen ,they need to work on the visual,thats my main complaint ,you have GO to into the program to find some good stats ,the ones they hightlight on the main page arent that predictive ,equibase figs ,have their good days and bad days ,same as DRF,BRIS AND THOROGRAPH,i think they show equibase pace figs ,but they are very high compared to bris ,i like horse that can crack 100 but with equibase you have to make that 110 or better ,they had 1 the other day /186 /pace fig .came in 19-1/but horse had other things going for it!/they highlight best speed fig on the page and the 2nd best on the page .BRIS has always been much easier on the eyes

We recently (in the last week or two) promoted big changes to the on-screen display. Please check it out if you haven't already. It took a while for the developers to get it right but I'm very happy with the result.

The items highlighted on the home page are "angles," of which we include about 100 as a baseline but they are best modified and narrowed.

The statistics for trainer, jockey, sire and dam on the PP page are based on default criteria relevant to the race and those can be modified quite a bit and rather easily, then on the fly they can be modified again if they aren't exactly what you want. For example, I have the default trainer stats set for distance, surface, race type, days between starts but there are subgroups I checked so it only returns race type if maiden claiming or maiden special weight and otherwise skips that. For days between starts is only returns for first & second time starters and off layoff so if none of those apply that's not part of the default. I can easily widen or narrow the criteria from there.

Send me a PM if you have any questions or email statsfeedback@equibase.com

biggestal99
04-23-2018, 12:50 PM
This is what happened I still dont quite grasp it

How is the reduction factor applied?
When a bet is struck, the price that it was matched at will be recorded on the system. If there is a subsequent withdrawal (non-runner), we will reduce the matched price by the reduction factor of the withdrawn horse.

If you want to calculate the new price once a reduction factor has been applied, this is how:

(Decimal odds / 100) x reduction factor of non-runner = amount to reduce original price by

Subtract this amount from the original price to calculate the new price.

Basically 6.40 (old Matched price) X RF% = .62 than

6.40 - .62 = 5.78 (new Matched price).

Its convoluted I know to American horse players who are used to the PM (myself included).

Allan

JJMartin
04-23-2018, 03:40 PM
Is STATS Race Lens similar to Betmix?

ubercapper
04-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Is STATS Race Lens similar to Betmix?

I'm not familiar with BetMix but Race Lens is as interactive as a product can be, with customized pps and the ability to research jockey, trainer, sire and dam statistics as well as create and back-test angles using thousands of criteria.

You can access some of the features daily on the Race of the Day page at http://racelens.stats.com/

Tom
04-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Trying for 2 days to log in, but EB will not send me my password information.
I have clicked the link at least 8 times and still nothing.

I have basically lost all interest in the product at this point.

Tom
04-28-2018, 10:05 AM
Finally, EB answered my emails and got me logged in.
I "bought" the subscription and went to a card for Belmont today.
Now, trying to get back in, there doesn't appear to be any way to actually get to the card without buying one and then going to a card?
Nothing in the site map at EB, and when I click on the RaceLens button on top, all I get to are the plans or day passes to buy.

Anyone have a clue how to get to the actual PRODUCT?

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2018, 11:32 AM
I lit the bat signal for ubercapper...maybe he will see it and post here.

ubercapper
04-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Tom,

My apologies for the SNAFU. I will look into it at once. Please email me directly estarr@equibase.com with details including your full name. I will then call our staff and figure out what's going on.

Ellis

ubercapper
04-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Also here's the process for using a card after purchase.

Make sure you're logged in at Equibase (you know this because it displays "Account" in the upper right on the top green navigation bar instead of "login."

Then click on Stats Race Lens from the Navigation Bar then from the pop up menu click on Stats Race Lens again. Because it's a web app and operates through the Equibase login, which validates a customer's purchases, that is the method for accessing after purchase.

If anything goes wrong, email me at the address provided and also email statsfeedback@equibase.com.

Our office staff can help with account issues as you had before but for anything else please use these emails and someone will respond Monday - Saturday from about 8 am to 8 pm ET.

Unicorn
04-28-2018, 08:58 PM
Make sure you are logged in to your account.Click on stats race lens at the top. Then click view individual cards. The tracks that you have highlighted with a check mark in green are the ones you have bought. Just click on the check marks in green to bring up the product. The first screen you get they give you an analysis on how to use the product. Exit out of it and click the green check mark again on the previous page and the next window that opens up you should be able to use the product with no problems. Hope that helps. :ThmbUp:

Unicorn
04-28-2018, 09:19 PM
I have a question about using this product. Can you always view the cards you bought from past days to compare results? Is there a history in equibase that shows every card you have purchased? I know this is a stretch, but it would be helpful.

Unicorn
04-28-2018, 09:20 PM
Iv'e been using this product to follow stats recently. I don't even really use the PP section of the product. Usually just stats and true odds.

Tom
04-29-2018, 09:45 AM
Unicorn, I do believe I saw a note that the card I bought for 4/28 expires today or tomorrow. 4/30 I think it was.

ubercapper
04-30-2018, 09:47 AM
I have a question about using this product. Can you always view the cards you bought from past days to compare results? Is there a history in equibase that shows every card you have purchased? I know this is a stretch, but it would be helpful.

You can view cards going back two weeks. It was three days but with this week's update it is now 14 days. On the home screen date drop down there is an additional arrow in the past days section which opens 12 more dates. If cards you purchased are within that window you can work with them just like today's or a future card. You can view the charts for those races as well via the "chart" icon and you can view the videos of those races via the chart page.

Although I try to monitor the forum, to be sure and get the fastest reply to questions please email statsfeedback@equibase.com

biggestal99
04-30-2018, 10:23 AM

Allan

Had a much better day at woodbine yesterday using SRL. went 5 for 5 betting underlays with only 1 third and 4 outs. Thats the way I like it.
also had some overlay winner that I did not play but wish I had. LOL
namely Cross Border in the 2nd, Where's anthony in the 3rd and Conquest Swagman in the 6th. Oh if I was only a play for player.....

Allan

GMB@BP
04-30-2018, 08:20 PM
Had a much better day at woodbine yesterday using SRL. went 5 for 5 betting underlays with only 1 third and 4 outs. Thats the way I like it.
also had some overlay winner that I did not play but wish I had. LOL
namely Cross Border in the 2nd, Where's anthony in the 3rd and Conquest Swagman in the 6th. Oh if I was only a play for player.....

Allan

Hey man congrats, always nice to hear people have a good day and I just love having options should I want to check out a new service.

slammer895
05-01-2018, 08:25 AM
The product was decent when you could download PDF PP's. Now it won't let you download PDF PP's. And I don't want to waste another 10 bucks to find out if this has been fixed.

Tom
05-01-2018, 09:56 AM
I downloaded the TM Platinum for Belmont Sunday, but the dates are not readable. Rest looks OK, but without the dates, not much use.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2018, 10:13 AM
The product was decent when you could download PDF PP's. Now it won't let you download PDF PP's. And I don't want to waste another 10 bucks to find out if this has been fixed.You can get a free monthly (10 card) subscription (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2287927#post2287927) just by supporting PaceAdvantage.com via PayPal.

Unicorn
05-03-2018, 11:26 PM
This product is definitely worth the cost of at least a $10 per day pass.

GMB@BP
05-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Ok, bought Saturday since I already handicapped it using multiple services....kinda addicting creating things I like to look for, though I must be screwing something up because its not highlighting angles I know there are horses that qualify.

I assume this may have to do with ROI impact values and such. Need to keep playing with it.

For example I love betting against horses who ran well, EP type, outside type post moving inside. Finleysluckycharm qualifies but its not showing up, I want to bet against these types many times.

GMB@BP
05-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Some really cool features here.

Figured out how to customize the PP's the way I want, pretty straight forward.

I am working with the True Odds feature, trying to figure out how do I create different profiles that can be selected for the type of race. Seems like I have a default profile and I can slide things around but I would like to customize it, oh for about 20 different types of races.

Tom
05-05-2018, 08:24 PM
I downloaded the TM Platinum for Belmont Sunday, but the dates are not readable. Rest looks OK, but without the dates, not much use.

I just downloaded some harness PPs for tonight - getting the same thing on those, right from TrackMaster. But when I print, it comes out OK - now distortion, very readable. Must have something to do with the light blue ink in that area.

NOT a problem with STATS.

upthecreek
05-06-2018, 07:51 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattrybaltowski/2018/05/05/2018-kentucky-derby-how-analytics-are-transforming-the-art-of-handicapping-in-horse-racing/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

GMB@BP
05-06-2018, 04:57 PM
I have done some looking around and it doesnt appear that the software has the ability to do what I want.

It will pick my race factors for the type of race but it does not appear that you can set up a race type specific ranking of all the different profiles you want. For example in my list of 17 filters there is say Dirt Sprint which I have set very high, it will use this over say Turf Route even if its a Turf Sprint.

I want to delete all of them and create specific ones for the type of race.

For example a mdn claimer sprint its my preferences that speed, and especially outside speed should be preferred over all other factors.

So there program does some cool things but seems a bit limited to what I would want to do with it.

biggestal99
05-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Some really cool features here.

Figured out how to customize the PP's the way I want, pretty straight forward.

I am working with the True Odds feature, trying to figure out how do I create different profiles that can be selected for the type of race. Seems like I have a default profile and I can slide things around but I would like to customize it, oh for about 20 different types of races.

The true odds feature is great, did the Monmouth card on Saturday.

Moved the speed bar to three for dirt races.

Did the trick.

Allan

ubercapper
05-07-2018, 11:47 AM
The product was decent when you could download PDF PP's. Now it won't let you download PDF PP's. And I don't want to waste another 10 bucks to find out if this has been fixed.

There should be no issue with PPs and if there are we can email them to you. Be sure pop-up blockers are off as that is often the issue, particularly with Chrome. If you email statsfeedback@equibase.com these issues can be resolved in short order and you won't have to worry about the $10 because if there an issue that precluded your getting PPs we are happy to give you a refund or a day pass at no charge if necessary.

ubercapper
05-07-2018, 11:50 AM
I have done some looking around and it doesnt appear that the software has the ability to do what I want.

It will pick my race factors for the type of race but it does not appear that you can set up a race type specific ranking of all the different profiles you want. For example in my list of 17 filters there is say Dirt Sprint which I have set very high, it will use this over say Turf Route even if its a Turf Sprint.

I want to delete all of them and create specific ones for the type of race.

For example a mdn claimer sprint its my preferences that speed, and especially outside speed should be preferred over all other factors.

So there program does some cool things but seems a bit limited to what I would want to do with it.

If you are referring to setting up your own true odds profiles for various race types there is a way to rank them so the program looks for yours first and the defaults only if you have them on and below yours. We are working on video tutorials for those but if you want specifics now just send us email at statsfeedback@equibase.com and I will provide bullet points and screenshots.

ubercapper
05-07-2018, 11:54 AM

That's very strange and it's not something anyone has reported.

Was that the on-screen view, print version, or both? I just looked at the same TM Platinum for BEL 5/5 (since there are now 14 days back available) and it looks normal in Chrome.

If you would be kind enough to do it again and send a screenshot (if it still looks like that) along with browser name we can try to duplicate it. Please send to statsfeedback@equibase.com

Tom
05-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Ubber - see Post #39 - it is like that on any PPs I get from TrackMaster, but prints out fine. I suspect the light blue ink is not showing up in my PDF viewer (FOXIT READER)

It happened on several harness PPs Saturday night.

slammer895
05-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Thanks Uber. The pdf pp's downloaded this time.