PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with HPI Wagering Account

sq764
03-05-2002, 09:07 PM
I just opened an account in Canada though HPI, but am totally confused with when the pick 3's and pick 4's start..

For instance, Mountaineer starts the pick 3 in America in races 3-5 and 6-8, yet in Canada, they start it in races 2-4 and 6-8..

And Canada has a pick 4 starting in Race 4, and there is none here..

Anyone have any idea how to find out when all the pick 3's and pick 4's start for all tracks?

Thanks
Scott

BillW
03-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Scott,

The TSN early track programs contain wagering info. Also the Bris CSV files contain the wagering info.

These are 2 that I am aware of. Probably the Equibase programs contain the info also (over at racingchannel.com).

I'm sure there are other sources, because as loathe as race track mgmt. sometimes seems to take our wagering dollars every once in awhile they slip up and leak some info.:)

Bill

Figman
03-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Scott, Your answer is that in Canada, they do not comingle (send your bets to the track's tote system that you are wagering upon) therefore they do not necessarily follow a given racetrack's betting format. In other words, Canada forms it own pools.

GameTheory
03-06-2002, 01:05 AM
This is not in regard to the schedule, but separate pools can be quite a good thing. The absolutely most profitable situation I have ever seen (roi wise) was betting on Woodbine from Santa Anita where they did not co-mingle the pool. Practically every favorite went down to less than even money, even if it was 5-2 at the host track in Canada. 2nd and 3rd choices were typically 5-1 or better. I used to clean up every morning before the California races started just betting on the massive price differences from the host track. Of course the local pool was tiny, so you couldn't make big bets, but boy was that nice...

Some_One
03-06-2002, 03:25 AM
Cali and the rest of the US now goes straight into the pool here at Woodbine.

GameTheory
03-06-2002, 07:11 AM
Yeah, that was a few years ago...

ranchwest
03-06-2002, 08:00 AM
In the old days, you could shop for prices. On big races, each track might have its own pool.

Sometimes the big races were in a local pool. I once bet the BC from EVD and got 20-1 on Very Subtle. That was sweet.

sq764
03-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I like that you can 'shop' for the best price.. But I did something stupid last night. I have one account through Bris and one through HPI now (mainly to wager on Balmoral Park). I bet the late double at Mountaineer last night through HPI.. Of course I hit it and it pays $27 or $28 in Canada and $65 here.. Stupid..

Some_One
03-06-2002, 07:46 PM
I believe Woodbine has one of the highest takeouts on exotics in North America.

sq764
03-06-2002, 09:32 PM
Can't be as high as the criminal 30+% on Pennsylvania trifectas.. that is just absurd..

BillW
03-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Bris carries the takeout info:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=trktkout

Bill W.

rrbauer
03-07-2002, 12:17 PM
They have their own pools there.

Did you understand that when you opened the account?

Your bets ARE NOT going into the US tracks' pools.

Hence, they can offer anything, anytime.

Their pools. Their rules!

Some_One
03-07-2002, 01:40 PM
lol, intersting take you have there Bauer. For the most part Woodbine is on par with what US track carry, sometimes they aren't. Usually the only exception is to avoid minus show pools, like yesterday there was no betting on the Love At Noon race at SA.

GR1@HTR
03-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Good afternoon and thank you for your inquiry. The take-outs are as
follows:
Woodbine/Mohawk-WPS wagers-13.65%, Dbl &Ext.-17.20%, and all
others-23.0%

Foreign Races-WPS-15.25%, Dbl & Ext-20.60%, all others-23.0%

Figman
03-07-2002, 05:04 PM
Dear Some_One

You have faulty info! I think that you would agree that the New York Racing Association (NYRA) curcuit is among the most well bet circuits in the United States. With the Canadian account wagering system under discussion here, you cannot bet on the NYRA pick-six, either of the NYRA quinellas, and only one of the NYRA offered pick threes (Canada may offer one a single pick three on the NYRA card).

Money bet at a site within the US on a Canadian racetrack is sent to be comingled into the Canadian racetrack's pools. However, money bet in Canada (including anyone in the US using the Canadian account wagering system) on a US racetrack, has their bets held in Canada and the Canadiens form their own pools as Mr. Bauer correctly stated.

sq764
03-08-2002, 09:18 AM
Although they do not offer some of the wagers the tracks do, they offer pick 4's at tracks that do not offer pick 4's.. They still offer a pick 4 at Aqueduct, its just that it starts in race 4 instead of race 7 here..

And you can catch some big inconsistencies when bombs come in.. The other day at Turfway (2nd race), a $35 horse won with a 40-1 second.. The exacta at Turfway paid $1,000, while the exacta in Canada paid $7,000+.

Scott