PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Off Track Sloppy 4/15 Question

RunForTheRoses
04-15-2018, 12:39 PM
How does Kee usually play on a sloppy track, speed favoring (like most, uh usually)?

Immortal6
04-15-2018, 12:43 PM
Keeneland's soft turf in the previous days has been extremely speed biased. I think the two turf races yesterday were a little more fair although a bomb ran 2nd I believe in one of the races. With the turf listed soft again today I'm tossing any closers from the win spot.

Can't help with the dirt as I don't know enough/followed races there as much. Good luck.

I would also be wary of horses shipped from Gulfstream that have only ran on the durf there and haven't seen yielding or soft turf before. Huge surface change from the rock hard GP surface to the soft surface at Keeneland today.

RunForTheRoses
04-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Keeneland's soft turf in the previous days has been extremely speed biased. I think the two turf races yesterday were a little more fair although a bomb ran 2nd I believe in one of the races. With the turf listed soft again today I'm tossing any closers from the win spot.

Can't help with the dirt as I don't know enough/followed races there as much. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response, it is off the turf today, I have a contest today, otherwise I wouldn't play. Usually speed is good on a sloppy track because of mud in the face, it could be a changing track throughout the day.

RunForTheRoses
04-15-2018, 12:48 PM

I would also be wary of horses shipped from Gulfstream that have only ran on the durf there and haven't seen yielding or soft turf before. Huge surface change from the rock hard GP surface to the soft surface at Keeneland today.

And you are right about the speed bias on the turf this meet, a lot of closers had no shot.

mfactor
04-15-2018, 01:40 PM
Tracks drying up seem to show a speed/rail bias in my experience