PDA

View Full Version : The epitomy of Corporate Greed

Tom
03-05-2002, 05:45 PM
Well, Yahoo did what no one could ever do before ....they destroyed Horseplayersunited. In a blatan example of contemptuous corporate greed, they have totally destroyed not only the HP clubs, but all Yahoo clubs as well. They have made their clubs nothing more a posting place for whores! The ads are larger than the messages, and the whole thing is slower than mollases in January. They have shown that they have no idea how to design a boards/club-the whole thing shows absolutely no organiztion or apparent thought processes, other that stick big ads in your face. youo cannot navigate the clubs. Yahoo has proven they are nothing but whores and will do anything for a buck, so SCREW Yahoo. I will boycott anyone that advertises with them, send them emails to tell them why, and do whatever I can to bad-mouth their products. Yahoo is no better than a hag on the corner outside a strip club at night. Worse, in fact, because with a whore, you know what you are getting when you pick her up.

Tom :mad: :mad:

GameTheory
03-05-2002, 07:46 PM
Tom --

Remind me never to get on your bad side...

Lefty
03-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey, Peeps, time to bury the hatchet and come back here.

Tom
03-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Tom --

Remind me never to get on your bad side...

I only get mad at corporations. And certain software developers.
And politicians. And.....never mind.
BTW, thanks again for the parser.....going to play wtih it tonight.

Tom

so.cal.fan
03-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Yikes, Tom.......you sound like a .......like a......<gulp>
DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Corporate greed????????
I agree with you.
Yahoo sucks.
So does AOL.

Dave Schwartz
03-06-2002, 07:02 PM
HorsePlayers United gone? What a shame.

Lefty
03-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Dave, it was there last night

Tom
03-06-2002, 11:30 PM
Democrat? I'd sooner cut off my leg!
No, my head! Wouldn't need a head if Iwere a democrat! ~G~

Dave, HP gone is not the point...although some will not miss it, the point is where does this corp greed end?
We had a community center/auditorium in Rochester that was a memorial to the soldiers from WWI and WWII called simply The War Memorial. Now it called the Blue Cross Area! Yikes! Health care - whores! On the scale of good/bad thing, HMO's are far below El Quida and the Taliban! HMO's give whores a bad name.
And it is across the board at Yahoo (Sucks!) - ALL clubs are now
virtually destroyed by this change that had abslutely no reason other than to push more advertising in our faces.
This is the cyber version of telemarketers, who, IMHO, are totally worthless people and contribute less to society than cockroaches.

Tom

:mad:

Lefty
03-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Tom, you mention HMO's. But why do we have HMO's. It was the Democrats idea. Now they rant about them. Anytime you get the govt Involved in anything prices skyrocket. The Demos projections for the cost of Medicare a joke. The costs have went over 100 times their projections.
If we had instituted medical savings plans instead of Medicare costs would be down. But the Demos don't want that.
They love to create problems and then make them an issue.
Been working pretty good for them cause they have the mainstream media to help. But with the advent of talk radio and the internet more and more are waking up.

Dave Schwartz
03-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Since this is such a political thread, I have to share a funny quote with you guys that was in the Reno Gazette Journal the other day.

Here is the story:

==============
With state Sen. Bill Raggio at his side, Eddie Anderson, once Reno’s most liberal talk-show host, became a card-carrying Republican on Monday.

At the Washoe County Registrar of Voter’s Office, the near-lifetime Democrat made the switch to the Republican Party. And Raggio, the Senate majority leader who once was a father figure for Anderson, beamed with pride.

“It’s like getting baptized. Cleansing yourself,” said Raggio, who is indisputably northern Nevada’s leading Republican.

==============

The part I find funny is the "cleansing" part. LOL

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
03-07-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Tom, you mention HMO's. But why do we have HMO's. It was the Democrats idea. Now they rant about them. Anytime you get the govt Involved in anything prices skyrocket. The Demos projections for the cost of Medicare a joke. The costs have went over 100 times their projections.
If we had instituted medical savings plans instead of Medicare costs would be down. But the Demos don't want that.
They love to create problems and then make them an issue.
Been working pretty good for them cause they have the mainstream media to help. But with the advent of talk radio and the internet more and more are waking up.

The very thought of some Enron-wanna-be-accountant looking over a spreadsheet and playing "what if" munbers games and then denying a medical procedure that a legitimate doctor wants for his patiant makes me want to go out and buy a gun!
That we would deny Americans procedures ordered by their doctors is unthinkable! Even if we pay double the real value for each and every procedure, I say, "No problem" When this country can send foreign aid money to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and other wrothless Middle East countries and deny our own people, I say we are talking treason. Something like 89% of Saudi's and 90=% Kuwaitis don't believe that arabs were involved in the 9-1-1 attacks! Let's look at this reasonably - these sub-humans are getting tax money ffrom YOU and ME, then denounce us as liars, and worse, harbor terroritsts! 89+% deny the 9-1-1- attack??
This sounds not at all like a handfull of religious fanatics-sounds like a basic culture to me.
Read my Lips..."To HELL with the middle east!" Not one cent to any of the Islamic nations. Let allah take care of them. Let mohammed get a job. Let them starve if that is the case. I don't care. I have no sympathy for these evil people. and mark my word, these are evil people. Nice thank you by the stinking Kuwaiti's for what we did for them in the Gulf War. We should have kept the oil wells when we were there. Foreign aid for these people? Disgusting. Absolutely disgsiting. And the Saudi's.....take a look at the 19 terroists from 9-1-1 and put a check mark next to every one of them with ties to SA.
We can only trust Israel in the middle east. They have the right idea, but even they are way too restrained. They should have killed that b*st*rd Ara-fathead. He is nothing more than a murderer now and never been anything more that a murderer and a terroist. And Bill Clinton was sucking up to him!
Now we want to spend billions to rebuilt Afganistan??????
Yikes! We spent millions to destroy it! Let them rebuilt it themselves-we don't owe them a damn thing-those that are still alive can kiss Uncle Sam's *ss that we didn't nuke them.
When will America learn how to win a war? Our main purpose over there should be to kill people and break things.
Let's spend American money on Americans. Period. Let the rest of the damn world fend for itself.
(Does that get me out of the Democrate stereotype?)

Tom

so.cal.fan
03-08-2002, 10:25 AM
Tom:
Yes it does!
I understand your frustration.

Tom
03-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Tom:
Yes it does!
I understand your frustration.