PDA

View Full Version : LRL 2 Favorite "Declared non Starter"

Frankie D
04-07-2018, 02:07 PM
hmm

appeared to me that the assistant starter was wanting to take the :7:, the favorite, out. Held the horse in the gate for a couple of paces

what a clusterfrick.. refunds, lower odds for the rest. pick 5 refunds galore.

Wonder if the starter gets suspended or fired. Appeared intentional but obviously don't know for certain. First time I ever noticed anything like this

bushwick
04-07-2018, 08:38 PM
I am sure the asst.starter wasn't happy the horse turned its head toward him,with that said the asst. starter is defenseless in this situation it always makes it look like he is pulling the horse towards him when it is the horse fully at fault.If the horse throws its head away from the asst. starter it usually vindicates the starter.

Stoleitbreezing
04-07-2018, 10:25 PM
hmm

appeared to me that the assistant starter was wanting to take the :7:, the favorite, out. Held the horse in the gate for a couple of paces

what a clusterfrick.. refunds, lower odds for the rest. pick 5 refunds galore.

Wonder if the starter gets suspended or fired. Appeared intentional but obviously don't know for certain. First time I ever noticed anything like this

It really sucked for me because I had the :1: for $14 at 9-1. After the non starter his odds went to 6-1. When you win and lose at the same time....:bang:

TiffaniO
04-08-2018, 12:41 AM
It really sucked for me because I had the :1: for $14 at 9-1. After the non starter his odds went to 6-1. When you win and lose at the same time....:bang:

I had the tri 😓 really killed that price too

HalvOnHorseracing
04-08-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure how much you can blame the assistant starter. He looked like he was jumping up to his ledge when the starter opened the gate, and if you've ever seen a starting gate, the assistant starters don't have a lot of space to stand. You have to be gutsy to be in a tight space with a thousand pound animal. I don't think he did it on purpose. It would make sense for the stewards to talk to the starter, the assistant and the jockey before making a decision, although I didn't see anything about post-race questioning.

With the 7 out of the race, the 1 and 2 had a much better chance of winning. I wouldn't complain about the prices considering his 9-1 odds might have been worthless if the 7 got a fair break.