PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 used in killings

JustRalph
04-06-2018, 08:34 PM
https://nypost.com/2017/04/04/man-who-killed-would-be-burglars-with-ar-15-wont-be-charged/

JustRalph
04-06-2018, 08:36 PM
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/02/grandfather-of-oklahoma-teen-killed-by-homeowner-in-burglary-says-ar15-made-for-unfair-fight

It was unfair

Inner Dirt
04-06-2018, 10:13 PM
For some reason I thought this happened much longer than a little over a year ago. The kid's grandfather is pathetic usually it is the loser's mom or grandma that spews such nonsense. If you break in to an occupied dwelling all bets are off.

JustRalph
04-06-2018, 11:39 PM
It’s being pointed out again by gun grabbers as an example of the lethality of the AR. It’s getting around on Facebook again.......

I thought it might be interesting to note since we’ve had some discussions on the proper weapons for self defense etc. it looks like this guy employed it pretty well.

xtb
04-07-2018, 01:06 AM
Yes, it is unfortunate that this will be used in a statistic for mass shootings involving an AR-15, even though the shooter was a good guy defending himself.

Dave Schwartz
04-07-2018, 02:21 AM
...Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

... According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

...Brass knuckles against an AR-15? C’mon. Who was afraid for their life?” Schumacher said.

So, if the intruders had been smart enough to invade a non-weaponized home, the home owner would have been brutalized, maimed, and possibly killed.

IMHO, it was absolutely the appropriate consequence. That is what is supposed to happen when you invade a home.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2018, 02:25 AM
I love it when the predator becomes the hunted

Dahoss2002
04-07-2018, 05:35 AM
I love it when the predator becomes the hunted

Now thats just too much like right!! Criminals Beware!!!

boxcar
04-07-2018, 07:27 AM
So, if the intruders had been smart enough to invade a non-weaponized home, the home owner would have been brutalized, maimed, and possibly killed.

IMHO, it was absolutely the appropriate consequence. That is what is supposed to happen when you invade a home.

Even the Law of Moses sanctioned this kind of response! :coffee:

tucker6
04-07-2018, 08:03 AM

No, no, no. The intruders, seeing that their weaponry was greater than the homeowner's, would have put down their weapons so the fight would be fairer! At least that is the theory of the grandfather if taken to its logical conclusion. Truth is, if three guys are breaking into that grandfather's house with weapons, and the only thing he has to defend himself with is an AR-15, he's using it.

chadk66
04-07-2018, 08:29 AM
as I mentioned in another post, if I was a thug and broke into a house I'd rather be shot with an AR. At least you would have a small chance at surviving. With a shotgun, zero chance.

Inner Dirt
04-07-2018, 12:32 PM
as I mentioned in another post, if I was a thug and broke into a house I'd rather be shot with an AR. At least you would have a small chance at surviving. With a shotgun, zero chance.

No way, even the 5.56mm AR-15 rounds liquefy internal organs, just ask some of the doctors who claim they can tell the difference between an AR-15 wound and any other round because of the massive destruction. Stop spreading your lies, shotguns only shoot lots of BB's.

How did I do playing the part of the average anti-gun liberal?

chadk66
04-07-2018, 04:43 PM
No way, even the 5.56mm AR-15 rounds liquefy internal organs, just ask some of the doctors who claim they can tell the difference between an AR-15 wound and any other round because of the massive destruction. Stop spreading your lies, shotguns only shoot lots of BB's.

How did I do playing the part of the average anti-gun liberal?you did amazingly well :lol:

Parkview_Pirate
04-08-2018, 11:45 AM
It’s being pointed out again by gun grabbers as an example of the lethality of the AR. It’s getting around on Facebook again.......

I thought it might be interesting to note since we’ve had some discussions on the proper weapons for self defense etc. it looks like this guy employed it pretty well.

Well, for anyone taking self-defense seriously, the use of lethal force appears to be the best alternative. That way there's just one side to the story. The lawyers and police get in the mix, and things get dicey.

It always amazes me the logic used by some people. Sorry Gramps, I didn't think to stop and question the intruders to determine if they were armed with guns themselves. Duh.

chadk66
04-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Well, for anyone taking self-defense seriously, the use of lethal force appears to be the best alternative. That way there's just one side to the story. The lawyers and police get in the mix, and things get dicey.

It always amazes me the logic used by some people. Sorry Gramps, I didn't think to stop and question the intruders to determine if they were armed with guns themselves. Duh.I trained horses for the sheriff in our county and his brother in law that was a police officer in Bloomington, MN. Both of them told me if you shoot an intruder and he falls outside the house drag his ass inside.

barahona44
04-08-2018, 12:31 PM
I trained horses for the sheriff in our county and his brother in law that was a police officer in Bloomington, MN. Both of them told me if you shoot an intruder and he falls outside the house drag his ass inside.

And remember to mop up the trail of blood. Before you dial 911.:eek:

Tom
04-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Why take chances, any home intruder should be automatically killed.

You are never wrong killing an intruder.

Clocker
04-08-2018, 08:18 PM
You are never wrong killing an intruder.

Not here, not yet. But you will be if the moonbats turn this country into a social democracy like England.

A 78-year-old London man was arrested for murder after he was attacked in his home by an intruder carrying a large screwdriver which he had apparently used to break in. The
two fought, and the intruder was stabbed in the chest with the screwdriver and later died.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/04/04/78-year-old-homeowner-arrested-stabbing-armed-burglar-screwdriver/

JustRalph
04-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Not here, not yet. But you will be if the moonbats turn this country into a social democracy like England.

A 78-year-old London man was arrested for murder after he was attacked in his home by an intruder carrying a large screwdriver which he had apparently used to break in. The
two fought, and the intruder was stabbed in the chest with the screwdriver and later died.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/04/04/78-year-old-homeowner-arrested-stabbing-armed-burglar-screwdriver/

Some justice.......

tucker6
04-09-2018, 06:48 AM

That's one messed up justice system. There must be something else to the story we aren't hearing. Beyond that, how does a 78 year old overpower a 37 year old?

Inner Dirt
04-09-2018, 08:41 AM

That's one messed up justice system. There must be something else to the story we aren't hearing. Beyond that, how does a 78 year old overpower a 37 year old?

Somehow the whole story isn't getting out, or I hope that is the case. Maybe the elderly man stabbed the intruder 50 times and let him bleed out before calling police. Which unless you are a liberal whack job is perfectly justified.

tucker6
04-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Somehow the whole story isn't getting out, or I hope that is the case. Maybe the elderly man stabbed the intruder 50 times and let him bleed out before calling police. Which unless you are a liberal whack job is perfectly justified.
Nope. They say in the story that the intruder died of a single stab wound from a screwdriver. Something doesn't add up. Maybe he knocked the intruder out with a frying pan and then stabbed him in the heart while he was out cold. Now that would indeed be murder.

tucker6
04-09-2018, 09:54 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5587085/Pensioner-WONT-charged-burglars-killing.html

UK decides pensioner was right to kill the intruder after all.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/13/3e/73133e44999619e2ff07daa3b7eaf44f.jpg

chadk66
04-09-2018, 10:10 AM
And remember to mop up the trail of blood. Before you dial 911.:eek:yea now days it may not be such a great idea. This was in the late 80's, forensics have come a long way since then :pound:

elysiantraveller
04-09-2018, 11:52 AM

How did I do playing the part of the average anti-gun liberal?

One of mine connected with a Coyote over the weekend... nothing appeared to be liquefied.

Amish even gave me $40 for it I guess it wasn't too devastated. :rolleyes:

tucker6
04-09-2018, 11:57 AM
One of mine connected with a Coyote over the weekend... nothing appeared to be liquefied.

Amish even gave me $40 for it I guess it wasn't too devastated. :rolleyes:

Okay, why would the Amish give you $40 for a coyote? Was the coyote's first name Wile E.

barahona44
04-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Okay, why would the Amish give you $40 for a coyote? Was the coyote's first name Wile E.

Note to self, don't order any meat dishes at an Amish restaurant. :eek:

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Okay, why would the Amish give you $40 for a coyote? Was the coyote's first name Wile E.This deserves some rep points. :pound::pound:

Tom
04-09-2018, 01:21 PM

There is nothing at all good about England.

Clocker
04-09-2018, 01:37 PM
There is nothing at all good about England.

It's a lot safer now. The mayor of London has banned carrying knives in the city. Also, mail order knives cannot be delivered to a residential address.

And they all lived happily ever after.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced a tough crackdown on knives Sunday as the city reels from a spike in stabbings that have led its number of homicides to top New York City's for two straight months.

He tweeted: “No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law.”
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/08/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-targets-knives-as-murder-rate-spikes-there-is-never-reason-to-carry-knife.html

Tom
04-09-2018, 03:22 PM
No, I mean NOTHING good about England.
In ANY way you look at them.

elysiantraveller
04-09-2018, 03:29 PM

The pelt.

tucker6
04-09-2018, 04:45 PM
The pelt.

The Amish are usually much better negotiators. You took them for a ride. Eastern pelts go for about $23. :ThmbUp:

If horseplaying gets old, fur trading may be your thing.

http://www.coyotelight.com/the-value-of-fur/

JustRalph
04-09-2018, 05:31 PM
In related news, Acme Weapons stock down 10%

Clocker
04-09-2018, 05:38 PM
In related news, Acme Weapons stock down 10%

Better order soon before the gun grabbers turn on them.

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/proxy.jpg

elysiantraveller
04-09-2018, 06:05 PM
The Amish are usually much better negotiators. You took them for a ride. Eastern pelts go for about $23. :ThmbUp:

If horseplaying gets old, fur trading may be your thing.

http://www.coyotelight.com/the-value-of-fur/

55lbs. No mange. Neck shot.

If they have any mange though they aren't worth the bother.

tucker6
04-09-2018, 06:21 PM
55lbs. No mange. Neck shot.

If they have any mange though they aren't worth the bother.
That's a pretty big coyote. Maybe it was Wile E. after all.

chadk66
04-09-2018, 06:29 PM
yotes were bringing about $60 here this year if I recall