PDA

View Full Version : Free Drop Billy & Instilled Regard

Thomas Roulston
04-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Why have they fallen off DRF's contenders list?

Injuries perhaps?

f2tornado
04-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Why have they fallen off DRF's contenders list?

Injuries perhaps?

Are you referring to the DRF "Derby Watch" list? It appears to be a top 20 list like the Haskin Derby Dozen only far less informative. Instilled Regard is set to run in the Santa Anita Derby. He definitely needs to hit the board at a minimum (=39 total points) and might need the place pool (=59 total points) to secure a Derby gate as it looks like 40 points is going to be the bubble this year. Free Drop Billy is probable for the Bluegrass. His gate is likely secure by hitting the show pool (=44 points).

CincyHorseplayer
04-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Yep you have to race to get attention!

Afleet
04-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Free Drop in the Bluegrass-this race is coming up salty: Good Magic, Sporting Chance, Quip, Flameaway, Blended Citizen, Gotta Go, Zing Zang. Tiz Mischief. Determinant

Tom
04-02-2018, 11:32 PM
FDW should be looking for one turn miles.
He is going nowhere in the TC races.

exactatom
04-03-2018, 11:51 AM
I was very impressed with the way Free Drop Billy won at Keeneland last Fall. The way he muscled his way through the stretch and overcame a tough trip showed me something. However, he has not yet demonstrated that since.

As we get closer to May, I understand how he falls off of the lists. I can think of many horses I think have a better chance at winning in Louisville than this horse.

Thomas Roulston
04-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Hopefully things will pan out so I can build a superfecta consisting of Bolt d'Oro, Catholic Boy, Free Drop Billy and Instilled Regard.