PDA

View Full Version : Boldly they come......

JustRalph
03-31-2018, 05:38 PM
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/31/army-illegal-aliens-marching-america/

I hope ICE and BP is prepping for this

chadk66
03-31-2018, 06:38 PM
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/31/army-illegal-aliens-marching-america/

I hope ICE and BP is prepping for thisshoot the first half dozen that are in the lead and it'll end in a hell of a hurry

Tom
03-31-2018, 06:43 PM
They boldly go where only about 22 million have gone before!

Fascinating.

woodtoo
04-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Here in the great white north...Canada. If they were to attempt to enter at a border crossing they would be rejected outright.....but if they attempt to enter
a mile away through a field they are accepted unless they are found to have a criminal record, come on up.:rolleyes:

OntheRail
04-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Here in the great white north...Canada. If they were to attempt to enter at a border crossing they would be rejected outright.....but if they attempt to enter
a mile away through a field they are accepted unless they are found to have a criminal record, come on up.:rolleyes:

How about we float them to you via Lake Erie to Lake Ontario... Over the Falls. All those able to run afterwards are welcome to stay in Canada. :pound:

woodtoo
04-01-2018, 07:06 PM
How about we float them to you via Lake Erie to Lake Ontario... Over the Falls. All those able to run afterwards are welcome to stay in Canada. :pound:

You're joking about being able to run afterwards right?
How far is the Grand Canyon from Texas as thats the entry destination.

woodtoo
04-01-2018, 07:13 PM
This is an invasion,
An invasion just occurred in Europe. Time to man up. Luckily you elected one.

Us... not so much.

woodtoo
04-02-2018, 10:19 AM
The army is approaching estimated at over 1000 now. The enemy is at the gate
What is POTUS plan?

boxcar
04-02-2018, 10:25 AM
What is POTUS plan?

Doesn't the U.S. Constitution give them a right to invade and squat on our land? :coffee:

mostpost
04-02-2018, 01:22 PM
OH MY GOD. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? THERE IS ALMOST A THOUSAND OF THEM AND ONLY THREE HUNDRED MILLION OF US. We have a defense budget of half a trillion dollars; THEY HAVE THE SHIRTS ON THEIR BACK-MAYBE.

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2018, 01:51 PM
OH MY GOD.Simple. They aren't citizens? We follow all the legal procedures and laws on the books on how to deal with such people.

End of story.

Special note to mostpost: no, none of these laws state that we are to drive them to the nearest polling place on election day.

boxcar
04-02-2018, 05:14 PM
OH MY GOD. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? THERE IS ALMOST A THOUSAND OF THEM AND ONLY THREE HUNDRED MILLION OF US. We have a defense budget of half a trillion dollars; THEY HAVE THE SHIRTS ON THEIR BACK-MAYBE.

Try to get out of the Dark Ages and move into the 21st century of civilized mankind. And try to understand why all nations have laws on their books, including immigration laws!

woodtoo
04-02-2018, 05:21 PM

You let the camels nose in an before you know it he's kicked you out of your own tent.

boxcar
04-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Trump has it in his power to declare a national security crisis and as such send the Army down to the border to prohibit them from crossing over. That would send a very strong signal to these migrants' comrades waiting at home hoping to make the same pilgrimage, and to Mexico who allowed them to march through their territory in order to reach ours.

woodtoo
04-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Trump has it in his power to declare a national security crisis and as such send the Army down to the border to prohibit them from crossing over. That would send a very strong signal to these migrants' comrades waiting at home hoping to make the same pilgrimage, and to Mexico who allowed them to march through their territory in order to reach ours.

I too hope he takes a stand on this invasion and from his talk he is quite upset.

boxcar
04-02-2018, 07:57 PM
I too hope he takes a stand on this invasion and from his talk he is quite upset.

The marchin' migrants believe there is strength in numbers and that if they just stick together, they'll get their way. Wonder what they would think if they saw 20,000 armed soldiers, attack helicopters buzzing over their heads and canons from our tanks staring down at them. What would they think of such a show of force? And we should never let any of them set one foot on as little one inch of our soil. The face off should all be on the Mexican side of the border. Mexico must see that we mean business.

Trump must nip this crap in the bud! :coffee:

Dave Schwartz
04-02-2018, 10:31 PM
The marchin' migrants believe there is strength in numbers and that if they just stick together, they'll get their way. Wonder what they would think if they saw 20,000 armed soldiers, attack helicopters buzzing over their heads and canons from our tanks staring down at them. What would they think of such a show of force? And we should never let any of them set one foot on as little one inch of our soil. The face off should all be on the Mexican side of the border. Mexico must see that we mean business.

Trump must nip this crap in the bud! :coffee:

They'd think absolutely nothing because they know we cannot attack unarmed people.

Tom
04-02-2018, 11:40 PM
Says who?

JustRalph
04-03-2018, 01:26 AM
Says who?

:lol::ThmbUp:

upthecreek
04-03-2018, 08:43 AM
https://twitter.com/aflores/status/980973431180156929

upthecreek
04-03-2018, 08:44 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/981121409807155200

HalvOnHorseracing
04-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Less than a year ago Trump was trying to help the Chinese dump some chicken on the U.S. market. Interesting times we live in.

Tom
04-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Chinese chickens have that part of the anatomy that our chickens do not have.

I get it every time I order Kung Po.

CincyHorseplayer
04-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Chinese chickens have that part of the anatomy that our chickens do not have.

I get it every time I order Kung Po.

Other than some stuff I said this is the funniest thing I have seen in a week at least!:ThmbUp::D

woodtoo
04-03-2018, 01:09 PM
What is POTUS plan?

He announced he is sending the Military to the border.:ThmbUp:
The Boss.

upthecreek
04-03-2018, 01:18 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/981212334378176513

Tom
04-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Good plan. :ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
04-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Good. I am all for legal immigration. This BS ends now.:ThmbUp:

barahona44
04-03-2018, 05:44 PM
"Señor,por favor, is this El Salvador"? We are going to a big-g-g futbol match against them".

"Sorry, this is the United States of America"

"Ai, mi madre, Jose, I told you we should have taken a left turn at Guatemala."

woodtoo
04-03-2018, 06:02 PM
"Señor,por favor, is this El Salvador"? We are going to a big-g-g futbol match against them".

"Sorry, this is the United States of America"

"Ai, mi madre, Jose, I told you we should have taken a left turn at Guatemala."

Just a big misunderstanding. No mas!

chadk66
04-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Need to start laying down landmines along the border. They'll get the message when the first dozen go off.

HalvOnHorseracing
04-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Suppose someone (just a regular person, nobody special) from North Korea escaped and came to the United States. If officials found him without proper documentation, should he be deported?

johnhannibalsmith
04-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Didn't you read? He should be killed!

boxcar
04-03-2018, 08:55 PM
They'd think absolutely nothing because they know we cannot attack unarmed people.

Trump has already said that he will send troops to protect our border. There's a lot the military could do to scare those people to DEATH! Plus they can't stay out in the Mexican wilderness forever. Time would be on our side, not theirs. If they can't move north to our border, then they must turn around and head back to where they came from or die -- unless the Mexican government comes to rescue them. And since the migrants are on Mexican soil the responsibility is Mexico's. If any die, it's not on the U.S.

boxcar
04-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Need to start laying down landmines along the border. They'll get the message when the first dozen go off.

Excellent idea, providing we give them warning. We should make it very clear to the marchers that if they continue north on their journey, they could blow themselves up!

Clocker
04-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Trump has already said that he will send troops to protect our border.

I think I saw this movie before. As I recall, it didn't end very well for the military.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.QNwKbrko16OI365MDm3f1QHaE3&pid=Api

boxcar
04-04-2018, 09:21 AM
I think I saw this movie before. As I recall, it didn't end very well for the military.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.QNwKbrko16OI365MDm3f1QHaE3&pid=Api

This one will have a very different ending. :coffee: Between land mines, plastic bullets, stun guns, nerve gas (well maybe ) and above all else patience, it will end badly for the invaders.

As I said earlier, all the military really has to do is be patient because these yo-yos did not pack big lunches nor are they carting a well full of fresh water. And did I mention that they are marching in what is mostly desert?

Of course, this situation could change if Mosty, FanDan, Horsey, Actor, Hcap, ET, etc. go down there to the border on a rescue mission to feed them and quench their thirst. :coffee:

biggestal99
04-04-2018, 09:45 AM
how come we didnt have border control back in 1492 when columbus came to the new world and decimated the native population with european diseases.

Allan

biggestal99
04-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Suppose someone (just a regular person, nobody special) from North Korea escaped and came to the United States. If officials found him without proper documentation, should he be deported?

Yep straight back to North Korea.

Of course we have compassion now and take on refugees.

when FDR did not let the jews refugees in

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27373131

Allan

boxcar
04-04-2018, 10:09 AM
how come we didnt have border control back in 1492 when columbus came to the new world and decimated the native population with european diseases.

Allan

How come all CIVILIZED countries have "border control" laws on their books -- and many of those countries' laws are a lot more stringent than ours? Could it have something do with the process of civilization? :coffee:

And then I could expound a bit on the biblical doctrine of nations and how civilized man has unwittingly obeyed God's mandate for the separation of peoples into nations with specific borders. If you're interested in learning more about this, pay a visit to the Religion thread. :coffee:

boxcar
04-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Yep straight back to North Korea.

Of course we have compassion now and take on refugees.

when FDR did not let the jews refugees in

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27373131

Allan

Are we doing the same thing with this caravan from CA? Are they, too, "refugees"?

biggestal99
04-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Are we doing the same thing with this caravan from CA? Are they, too, "refugees"?

actually some of them are refugees from the RW dictatorship in Honduras that
doesn't quite like those on the left side of things.

Unlike the US tradition of dissent. Other countries like Honduras. Venezuela. China. Russia dont tolerate dissent. Thus the people look to the US.

same as the Jews escaping the Nazis in the late 30's

of course we did not shoot them, just sent them back to get shoot by Hitler and his thugs.

Allan

biggestal99
04-04-2018, 10:33 AM
How come all CIVILIZED countries have "border control" laws on their books -- and many of those countries' laws are a lot more stringent than ours? Could it have something do with the process of civilization? :coffee:

And then I could expound a bit on the biblical doctrine of nations and how civilized man has unwittingly obeyed God's mandate for the separation of peoples into nations with specific borders. If you're interested in learning more about this, pay a visit to the Religion thread. :coffee:

Too bad the native americans didnt have border control.

would have saved themselves a lot of grief.

Allan

Dave Schwartz
04-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Too bad the native americans didnt have border control.

would have saved themselves a lot of grief.

Allan

Same with the many conquests of Atilla the Hun and Ghengis Khan.

HalvOnHorseracing
04-04-2018, 10:42 AM
How come all CIVILIZED countries have "border control" laws on their books -- and many of those countries' laws are a lot more stringent than ours? Could it have something do with the process of civilization?

Which countries are we speaking about?

boxcar
04-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Which countries are we speaking about?

Relative to what -- more stringent border control laws?

HalvOnHorseracing
04-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Relative to what -- more stringent border control laws?

All the civilized countries with border control laws on the books you were referencing in #40. Which countries are you talking about.

upthecreek
04-04-2018, 11:14 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/981545986655956993

boxcar
04-04-2018, 11:37 AM
All the civilized countries with border control laws on the books you were referencing in #40. Which countries are you talking about.

Virtually all civilized countries have immigration laws (in some cases very strict) and border control laws. Mexico and Canada, for starters, have more stringent immigration laws. I would imagine Russia and China would be pretty picky as to who they let squat on their territory, as well. The Aussies and Japan are also very protective of their cultures and traditions.

Up until the '60s when Kennedy became president, our own laws were pretty stringent -- but that was back then. Now...not so much. :coffee:

Clocker
04-04-2018, 12:35 PM
This one will have a very different ending. :coffee: Between land mines, plastic bullets, stun guns, nerve gas (well maybe ) and above all else patience, it will end badly for the invaders.

As I said earlier, all the military really has to do is be patient because these yo-yos did not pack big lunches nor are they carting a well full of fresh water. And did I mention that they are marching in what is mostly desert?

Shirley you cannot be serious. How is that going to play on the evening news? US troops in body armor confronting starving women and children while CNN helicopters buzz around overhead?

Plastic bullets and stun guns? You need to cut back on the Orange Kool Aid. ;)

Not that I think it will ever come to that. Cooler heads will prevail.

biggestal99
04-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Same with the many conquests of Atilla the Hun and Ghengis Khan.

Well they did build the great wall of China to stop invaders.

but of course now we have air travel.

Allan

cordoba
04-04-2018, 01:20 PM
I love a good Chimichanga.

HalvOnHorseracing
04-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Virtually all civilized countries have immigration laws (in some cases very strict) and border control laws. Mexico and Canada, for starters, have more stringent immigration laws. I would imagine Russia and China would be pretty picky as to who they let squat on their territory, as well. The Aussies and Japan are also very protective of their cultures and traditions.

Up until the '60s when Kennedy became president, our own laws were pretty stringent -- but that was back then. Now...not so much. :coffee:

United States laws are stringent. We've had quotas for decades. Did you know that there were no immigration laws in the U.S. until 1921? You got on a boat came across the pond, checked in at Ellis Island and you were good to go. Nobody counted heads until the 20's. Primarily you have the Italians to thank for the early laws.

I've been to Mexico dozens of times. In El Paso I would walk across the bridge from El Paso Boulevard on the U.S. side to Juarez Blvd on the Mexican side. I was checked by La Migre once. Most of the time there was no one in the office. However, I would concede enforcement at the bottom of Mexico is quite stringent. Guatamalans, Salvadorans and Panamanians are of particular concern. Americans - come on in and spend your money on good tequila and Cuban cigars.

The times I've been to Europe I've never been asked for a passport when traveling between EU countries. Once you got into Europe, moving around was easy. We went through immigration and customs when we got to London from the U.S., but not after that. Same as when we've landed in Germany.

China and Russia. Probably only spies break in. Who wants to live in a fascist state with presidents for life?

boxcar
04-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Shirley you cannot be serious. How is that going to play on the evening news? US troops in body armor confronting starving women and children while CNN helicopters buzz around overhead?

Plastic bullets and stun guns? You need to cut back on the Orange Kool Aid. ;)

Not that I think it will ever come to that. Cooler heads will prevail.

Really...and the cooler heads will belong to which group -- the migrants who want to violate our laws or the military.

I don't know how stun guns and plastic bullets would play out with you personally, but with most law-abiding, rule-of-law believing Americans, I believe it would play out very well. (Plus these enforcement techniques still beat the blazes out of real blood being spent by real bullets.) The military isn't the bad guy here -- the marchers are. They are the ones who want to violate our immigration laws. And they're also the ones who probably would love to have a confrontation so that they could portray themselves as the victims -- when in fact they are the wanna-be criminals!

Bottom line: If they disobey the military's lawful command to stop in their tracks and go home, then the army should take whatever action is necessary to enforce our immigration laws.

Dave Schwartz
04-04-2018, 04:01 PM

Allan

Indeed. But it was built AFTER they conquered. Kind of like us.

My point was that the conquered have historically been conquered by the conquerors.

(Yes, that was humor.)

Dave Schwartz
04-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Really...and the cooler heads will belong to which group -- the migrants who want to violate our laws or the military.

I don't know how stun guns and plastic bullets would play out with you personally, but with most law-abiding, rule-of-law believing Americans, I believe it would play out very well. (Plus these enforcement techniques still beat the blazes out of real blood being spent by real bullets.) The military isn't the bad guy here -- the marchers are. They are the ones who want to violate our immigration laws. And they're also the ones who probably would love to have a confrontation so that they could portray themselves as the victims -- when in fact they are the wanna-be criminals!

Bottom line: If they disobey the military's lawful command to stop in their tracks and go home, then the army should take whatever action is necessary to enforce our immigration laws.

As harsh as this sounds, a border violation is just that: a violation.
:ThmbUp:

If an army (meaning armed people) came to our border would we have a right (and duty) to repel them with force?

How many people must be "armed" and with what weapons to be considered an "army?"

Why should our borders not be defended?

Finally, what if we agree to load the marchers onto buses, drive them north, and drop them off a mile from the Canadian boarder? Could they just walk across the border and be openly received by the Canadians?

I think not.

upthecreek
04-04-2018, 04:25 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/981619288791506944

MONEY
04-04-2018, 04:37 PM

The U.S. military is not allowed to shoot, stun, stop, detain, arrest or enforce any laws at our borders. What they can do is work the drones and cameras and free up the Border Patrol's desk jockeys to work the field.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-military-border-limited-role/story?id=54208209

"But while President Trump could order active duty military personnel or federalized National Guard troops to assist with border security operations, they would not be allowed to carry out law enforcement duties like detaining migrants crossing the border illegally.

That's because the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the U.S. military from conducting law enforcement duties in the United States. The only way that can be allowed is by a special congressional authorization."

boxcar
04-04-2018, 06:14 PM
United States laws are stringent. We've had quotas for decades. Did you know that there were no immigration laws in the U.S. until 1921? You got on a boat came across the pond, checked in at Ellis Island and you were good to go. Nobody counted heads until the 20's. Primarily you have the Italians to thank for the early laws.

I've been to Mexico dozens of times. In El Paso I would walk across the bridge from El Paso Boulevard on the U.S. side to Juarez Blvd on the Mexican side. I was checked by La Migre once. Most of the time there was no one in the office. However, I would concede enforcement at the bottom of Mexico is quite stringent. Guatamalans, Salvadorans and Panamanians are of particular concern. Americans - come on in and spend your money on good tequila and Cuban cigars.

The times I've been to Europe I've never been asked for a passport when traveling between EU countries. Once you got into Europe, moving around was easy. We went through immigration and customs when we got to London from the U.S., but not after that. Same as when we've landed in Germany.

China and Russia. Probably only spies break in. Who wants to live in a fascist state with presidents for life?

If you want "stringent', examine the site to this link below. Then you'll get a better feel for stringent.

http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/12-10/top-10-toughest-countries-to-get-into.html

At best the U.S. immigration laws served more as guidelines to control immigration. But again, since the '60s, even those guidelines were relaxed.

Also, I'm thinking you probably didn't need a passport in the Middle Ages either going from place to place in Europe or across continents! But so what? Times change and laws evolve.

JustRalph
04-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Allan

Funny........but stupid

JustRalph
04-04-2018, 07:17 PM
They already backed down. :lol:

Trump wins again. Carrying the big stick!

boxcar
04-04-2018, 07:56 PM
The U.S. military is not allowed to shoot, stun, stop, detain, arrest or enforce any laws at our borders. What they can do is work the drones and cameras and free up the Border Patrol's desk jockeys to work the field.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-military-border-limited-role/story?id=54208209

"But while President Trump could order active duty military personnel or federalized National Guard troops to assist with border security operations, they would not be allowed to carry out law enforcement duties like detaining migrants crossing the border illegally.

That's because the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the U.S. military from conducting law enforcement duties in the United States. The only way that can be allowed is by a special congressional authorization."

No, I think not. When it comes to migration of people intending to cross our borders Trump could declare a national emergency and there's also a a law on the books gives the president broad powers when it comes to national security issues. (The name of the law escapes me at the moment.)

vegasone
04-05-2018, 01:43 AM
KEY EXCEPTIONS TO THE POSSE COMITATUS ACT
A summary of key exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act follows:

National Guard forces operating under the state authority of Title
32 (i.e., under state rather than federal service) are exempt from
Posse Comitatus Act restrictions.

Pursuant to the presidential power to quell domestic violence,
federal troops are expressly exempt from the prohibitions of
Posse Comitatus Act, and this exemption applies equally to
active-duty military and federalized National Guard troops.

10 U.S. Code Sections 331 through 334 provide guidance. Section 332 states: “Whenever the President considers the unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the United States, makes it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any state or territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into federal service such of the militia of any state, and use such of the
armed forces to suppress the rebellion” (Lujan, 1997)

https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/monograph_reports/MR1251/MR1251.AppD.pdf

upthecreek
04-05-2018, 07:55 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/981859214380462081

boxcar
04-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Good Morning, Mr. Halv

You claimed yesterday that our border control laws are stringent or strong. I don't know how you reached that conclusion, given the history behind our immigration laws, but you might want to read what's behind this link:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/04/trump-to-sign-proclamation-sending-national-guard-to-border-immediately.html

Trump signs proclamation sending National Guard to Mexico border immediately

Here are some excerpts:

Our Border Laws are very weak while those of Mexico & Canada are very strong. Congress must change these Obama era, and other, laws NOW! The Democrats stand in our way - they want people to pour into our country unchecked....CRIME! We will be taking strong action today.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 4, 2018

Nielsen pointed to what she described as increasing fraud and exploited loopholes among arrivals on the southern border, saying traffickers have been advertising that if migrants have children with them, then they are more likely to be released into the U.S. She also said that almost 50 percent of arriving aliens are from Central America.

"Traffickers and smugglers know that these individuals cannot under U.S. law be easily removed in an expeditious way back to their country of origin and so they exploit the loophole," she said, adding that the ability to game the system acts as a magnet for more migrants.

She said that the administration has drafted legislation and will ask Congress to provide legal authority and resources to address the problem.

"We will not allow illegal immigration levels to become the norm," she said. "More than 1,000 people a day, 300,000 a year violating our sovereignty as a nation will never be acceptable to this president."

It appears our immigration laws have more loopholes in them than my kitchen colander has holes. :coffee:

Dave Schwartz
04-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Boxcar,

The problem is not that our border laws are weak.

The problem is that our border laws are not being enforced.

Dave

boxcar
04-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Boxcar,

The problem is not that our border laws are weak.

The problem is that our border laws are not being enforced.

Dave

Both are problems. Over the years the laws have also been intentionally weakened with various loopholes in the law! (Did you read the article?) And those south of the border know how to exploit those loopholes. So...between scofflaw administrations, refusing to enforce federal law and weak immigration laws, our country has been flooded with illegals

upthecreek
04-05-2018, 01:05 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/981918184390488065

Clocker
04-05-2018, 01:20 PM

Facts don't play well here when the crowd wants blood. :popcorn:

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said the National Guard would not carry weapons or carry out immigration or customs control functions, and that the border will not be militarized.

My understanding is that use of the Guard here is based on a federal request to the state, and the governor of that state agreeing to do so. Anyone think Jerry Brown is going to be sending the California Guard south to the border?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/trump-national-guard-border-plan-look-like-bush-obama-deployments/

elysiantraveller
04-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Allan

Also didn't work. ;)

woodtoo
04-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Also didn't work. ;)

What, China was invaded and we missed it?

woodtoo
04-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Facts don't play well here when the crowd wants blood. :popcorn:

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said the National Guard would not carry weapons or carry out immigration or customs control functions, and that the border will not be militarized.

My understanding is that use of the Guard here is based on a federal request to the state, and the governor of that state agreeing to do so. Anyone think Jerry Brown is going to be sending the California Guard south to the border?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/trump-national-guard-border-plan-look-like-bush-obama-deployments/

Federal law over rides State. Brown can refuse all he wants.

Clocker
04-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Federal law over rides State. Brown can refuse all he wants.

Federal law strictly limits the president's use of the Guard. Please provide a legal cite that says he can use the Guard to militarize the border to enforce immigration laws.

P.S. If Jerry Brown wants to refuse any order from Trump, a major legal battle would ensue.

boxcar
04-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Federal law strictly limits the president's use of the Guard. Please provide a legal cite that says he can use the Guard to militarize the border to enforce immigration laws.

P.S. If Jerry Brown wants to refuse any order from Trump, a major legal battle would ensue.

You do know that both Dumb and Dumber (Bush and Obama, respectively) sent the Guard down to zee border, right?

Clocker
04-05-2018, 03:05 PM
You do know that both Dumb and Dumber (Bush and Obama, respectively) sent the Guard down to zee border, right?

Seems to me that I read that some where.

Oh, yeah, it was in the source I linked about 5 posts earlier in this thread. In both cases, troops were sent in a "support capacity" and were not used as law enforcement personnel.

I guess that means they have to leave the stun guns at home.

elysiantraveller
04-05-2018, 04:00 PM
What, China was invaded and we missed it?

Several times.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Yeah, you didn't see that Matt Damon movie?

Ocala Mike
04-05-2018, 04:24 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2034800/

boxcar
04-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Seems to me that I read that some where.

Oh, yeah, it was in the source I linked about 5 posts earlier in this thread. In both cases, troops were sent in a "support capacity" and were not used as law enforcement personnel.

I guess that means they have to leave the stun guns at home.

Not so fast, TickTock. There is always martial law. And there is always the issue of national security, etc. There are ways around this. Trump is creative. He'll figure out a legal workaround. In fact, this is what the governors of the cooperating states, the generals and Trump are doing as we speak.

Clocker
04-05-2018, 05:26 PM
There is always martial law. And there is always the issue of national security, etc.

True, the president can declare martial law in the event of rebellion or invasion. And that rag-tag refugee caravan of hungry, thirsty, unarmed men, women and children walking north certainly qualifies as a major threat to national security and an invasion.

I think a good strong Tomahawk missile attack on an isolated stretch of road would eliminate the threat nicely without putting any of our troops in harm's way.

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/573915/images/refugee%20central%20america.jpg

upthecreek
04-05-2018, 05:41 PM
https://twitter.com/brookefoxnews/status/981987081181368320

woodtoo
04-05-2018, 06:33 PM
https://twitter.com/brookefoxnews/status/981987081181368320

That was a great round-table, more like a kitchen table.
Such an open President.

woodtoo
04-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Several times.

The Wall was breached but the Chinese never lost control of their country.

Youse guys should trade California to China for the Wall.:D

elysiantraveller
04-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Yeah, you didn't see that Matt Damon movie?

:lol:

Well played.

elysiantraveller
04-05-2018, 07:01 PM
The Wall was breached but the Chinese never lost control of their country.

Youse guys should trade California to China for the Wall.:D

This guy...?

http://www.perdurabo10.net/uploads/4/3/2/7/43277353/6462693_orig.jpg

formula_2002
04-05-2018, 07:25 PM
"Trump claims female migrants 'are raped at levels that nobody has ever seen before'"

FAKE NEWS??

EVEN IF HE WERE CORRECT, HIS PERSPECTIVE IS VULGAR, INSENSTIVE ,DECONSTRUCTIVE AND AT THE LEAST INHUMANE.
HE USES THE TRIALS OF PEOPLE TO SUPPORT HIS CLAIMS AT WILL.:blush:

JustRalph
04-05-2018, 08:02 PM
Pretty sure nobody saw that Matt Damon movie.

Rumors that they are going to edit the Wall movie into the one where he shrinks down and Damon will play dual roles where his first character can just pick him up and throw him over the wall..........

woodtoo
04-06-2018, 08:44 AM
"Trump claims female migrants 'are raped at levels that nobody has ever seen before'"

FAKE NEWS??

EVEN IF HE WERE CORRECT, HIS PERSPECTIVE IS VULGAR, INSENSTIVE ,DECONSTRUCTIVE AND AT THE LEAST INHUMANE.
HE USES THE TRIALS OF PEOPLE TO SUPPORT HIS CLAIMS AT WILL.:blush:

Huffington Post did a story that backs up Trumps claim. The truth is sometimes very vulgar but not as much as the act itself,

elysiantraveller
04-06-2018, 08:46 AM
Most important question posed in this thread...

Has anyone seen the Matt Damon wall movie?

chadk66
04-06-2018, 09:07 AM
So I ran across a gal working for one of our sub contractors at work. I picked up right away that she had a Russian accent. After a few days working around here I got fairly comfortable with her. So I started talking to her about where she was from, etc. She was from Azerbaijan. I asked her how long she had been here. Four years she said. She lived in NY for the first three years. The story is she loves her country but hates the government because it is extremely corrupt. She absolutely loves the U.S. So she wanted to escape her country. I asked how she was able to get here so easily. She says she applied for a work visa and received it in just under a year. Packed up and came. Then once here applied for her green card which she will have in a few months. It is that easy. No real background check or anything. As long as she had a company that was willing to hire her and she wasn't a convicted criminal they just let her come. I was rather surprised by that. She is even driving a company vehicle so obviously has a drivers license here before even getting a green card. So I'll have to ask her more about that next time I see her. Very nice gal and if they keep sending gals that look this good over by all means keep on a sending. :pound:

incoming
04-06-2018, 09:21 AM
chadk66....is her job skilled...curious

barahona44
04-06-2018, 09:38 AM
If you are here on a H-1B visa (where a company sponsors you) you usually have to have some special skill that is difficult for the company to find in its local population.And it's the responsibility of the company to prove that.

incoming
04-06-2018, 10:05 AM
If you are here on a H-1B visa (where a company sponsors you) you usually have to have some special skill that is difficult for the company to find in its local population.And it's the responsibility of the company to prove that.

Thanks for the help....completely ignorant of these processes. For me, here legally, makes all the difference in the world.

formula_2002
04-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Huffington Post did a story that backs up Trumps claim. The truth is sometimes very vulgar but not as much as the act itself,

Subsequent to my post I did find that Huffington Post story and another reported story supporting the issue by, I think Amnesty Internal going back a few years.

Today a CNN reporter at the scene, said she interviewed TWO women within the migration group, and they said, basically, there were no such problems..
TWO WOMEN!!
I'm not saying that's FAKE NEWS but it is terribly shallow and had no place for intelligent reporting.

I FIND TRUMP'S PERSPECTIVE VULGAR, NOT THE TRUTH

Inner Dirt
04-06-2018, 01:29 PM
So I ran across a gal working for one of our sub contractors at work. I picked up right away that she had a Russian accent. After a few days working around here I got fairly comfortable with her. So I started talking to her about where she was from, etc. She was from Azerbaijan. I asked her how long she had been here. Four years she said. She lived in NY for the first three years. The story is she loves her country but hates the government because it is extremely corrupt. She absolutely loves the U.S. So she wanted to escape her country. I asked how she was able to get here so easily. She says she applied for a work visa and received it in just under a year. Packed up and came. Then once here applied for her green card which she will have in a few months. It is that easy. No real background check or anything. As long as she had a company that was willing to hire her and she wasn't a convicted criminal they just let her come. I was rather surprised by that. She is even driving a company vehicle so obviously has a drivers license here before even getting a green card. So I'll have to ask her more about that next time I see her. Very nice gal and if they keep sending gals that look this good over by all means keep on a sending. :pound:

I studied up on immigration rules in the mid 90's, when I was trying to help a couple good co-workers avoid deportation whose lawyers failed them. If nothing has changed if someone comes from a country that has not met it's yearly quota the path to legal immigration can be pretty swift. Problem is with countries like Mexico the people who want to immigrate each year far exceed the quotes, in the mid 90's the back log for people who where keeping up with their paperwork was about 12 years trying to gain legal permanent residence.

Dave Schwartz
04-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Subsequent to my post I did find that Huffington Post story and another reported story supporting the issue by, I think Amnesty Internal going back a few years.

Today a CNN reporter at the scene, said she interviewed TWO women within the migration group, and they said, basically, there were no such problems..
TWO WOMEN!!
I'm not saying that's FAKE NEWS but it is terribly shallow and had no place for intelligent reporting.

I FIND TRUMP'S PERSPECTIVE VULGAR, NOT THE TRUTH

I'm not sure how true the claim is and really don't have a side in this, BUT...

How would you figure the statistical relevance on the likelihood that this represents reality?

I find it funny that someone who puts forth an example of 2, hand-picked examples then uses the phrase "terribly shallow."

IMHO, this is a perfect example of agenda-based judgment: You decided what facts would fit your agenda and the fit so conveniently.

Dave

chadk66
04-06-2018, 04:28 PM
chadk66....is her job skilled...curiousfar from it. she actually came here to work as a waitress in a restaurant of all things.

formula_2002
04-06-2018, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure how true the claim is and really don't have a side in this, BUT...

How would you figure the statistical relevance on the likelihood that this represents reality?

I find it funny that someone who puts forth an example of 2, hand-picked examples then uses the phrase "terribly shallow."

IMHO, this is a perfect example of agenda-based judgment: You decided what facts would fit your agenda and the fit so conveniently.

Dave

I don't. "shallow" not deep. the reporter should have gone deep with her inquiry.

I also think the tv segment had no value.

My point in all of this is not the rapes, but TRUMP's perspective of life.
I appreciate hard nosed construction people who get a job done, It was my pleasure to work in the NY construction industry for over 55 years, but this is not how to lead a country.

formula_2002
04-07-2018, 03:16 AM
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/04/06/white-house-defends-trumps-caravan-rapes-remark/23405179/

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2018, 03:22 AM
but this is not how to lead a country.Says who? The "How To Run A Country" handbook?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Most important question posed in this thread...

Has anyone seen the Matt Damon wall movie?Somebody saw it. The revenue on the film was twice what it cost to make...

formula_2002
04-07-2018, 03:41 AM
Says who? The "How To Run A Country" handbook?

it could have been. thanks for the "heads up". i just down loaded the kindle edition from Amizon

boxcar
04-07-2018, 07:23 AM
Boldly they come; boldly they are being sent back!

AG Jeff Sessions Returns Deportation Orders to Pre-Obama Levels

http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/04/06/ag-sessions-returns-deportation-orders-pre-obama-levels/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_content=links&utm_campaign=20180406

'bout time this AG is doing something useful. :coffee:

tucker6
04-07-2018, 07:56 AM
it could have been. thanks for the "heads up". i just down loaded the kindle edition from Amizon

send a copy to Obama for us. He could have used it 10 years ago, but it's never too late to be educated.

tucker6
04-07-2018, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=boxcar;2299155

'bout time this AG is doing something useful. :coffee:[/QUOTE]

but for how long? Every time I think Rip Van Winkle is finally awake, he falls asleep at the switch again. In my eyes, the real poison at the FBI/DOJ is Rosenstein. He has "deep state" written all over him.

boxcar
04-07-2018, 08:02 AM
but for how long? Every time I think Rip Van Winkle is finally awake, he falls asleep at the switch again. In my eyes, the real poison at the FBI/DOJ is Rosenstein. He has "deep state" written all over him.

Yeah...I hear ya. The DOJ needs an exterminator to go through it to get rid of the political hacks.

formula_2002
04-07-2018, 07:33 PM
send a copy to Obama for us. He could have used it 10 years ago, but it's never too late to be educated.

he is well passed leadership 101. for one thing, dow jones was 7949 when he entered office, 19732 when he left. he had to overcome a lot of stuff.248% rise.

Clocker
04-07-2018, 07:58 PM
for one thing, dow jones was 7949 when he entered office, 19732 when he left. he had to overcome a lot of stuff.248% rise.

That happened in spite of Obama, not because of anything he did. Remember shovel-ready jobs or Cash for Clunkers? :rolleyes:

It was the slowest recovery in modern history.

A president does not and cannot create economic growth. He can create a legal and regulatory environment that allows the private sector to create growth. Obama did not do that.

P.S. The stock market is not the real economy. It can often be the only place to get a return on money if actual investments in businesses are not attractive. An increasing Dow-Jones does not create jobs.

boxcar
04-07-2018, 08:23 PM
That happened in spite of Obama, not because of anything he did. Remember shovel-ready jobs or Cash for Clunkers? :rolleyes:

It was the slowest recovery in modern history.

A president does not and cannot create economic growth. He can create a legal and regulatory environment that allows the private sector to create growth. Obama did not do that.

P.S. The stock market is not the real economy. It can often be the only place to get a return on money if actual investments in businesses are not attractive. An increasing Dow-Jones does not create jobs.

And Obama's sentiments about the stock market very closely resembled yours. Many of his sheeple keep forgetting about that.

Clocker
04-07-2018, 08:44 PM
And Obama's sentiments about the stock market very closely resembled yours.

Are you saying that Obama never claimed credit for increases in stock prices?

He specifically patted himself on the back for that in his 2015 State of the Union speech.

formula_2002
04-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Are you saying that Obama never claimed credit for increases in stock prices?
He specifically patted himself on the back for that in his 2015 State of the Union speech.

Why would you think that?