PDA

View Full Version : Multi Strats

how2020
03-05-2002, 07:47 AM
Could anybody help me find out what ever happened to Multi-Strats Handicapping software by Banana software. Thanks Howie

wes
03-05-2002, 11:28 AM
They must have bit the dust. Did they stick you for 50 bucks and run?

wes

bill
03-05-2002, 10:33 PM
i have and used m s i think it is a good prog

ive tried to keep up with banna but ive lost them i have ver 7 and he said a later one was nearly ready but that was last year the site for exco no longer there once again i think it is or was a good prog

bill

bcgreg
04-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Hello,

Looking to purchase Multi Strats Titan 7.5

Please contact me at bob.gregory@comcast.net if interested.

Best regards,
bcgreg

jandrus
04-08-2004, 09:07 AM
ask jaguar
he still uses m.s.

Jaguar
04-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Truck, I saw you cashing like crazy Saturday. -By the way- you were playing your cards unusually close to your vest.

Just curious, which of the 2 dozen programs on your laptop were you using? Let me guess, Thorovision, Energy, and 4 other Sartin-derived discs.

Clue us in, we'd like to cash also. Particularly at Aqueduct, which is tough.

Just because you're making money, you don't have to leave your friends in the dark.- In other words, share a little information with your less talented handicapping associates- don't keep everything a secret.

All The Best,

Jaguar

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Seriously.....WTF? 2 dozen programs on his laptop? Do you make this stuff up by yourself, or do you get help in creating these lines?

Speed Figure
04-11-2004, 10:22 PM
How many programs does a guy need to win.:rolleyes:

jandrus
04-12-2004, 06:28 AM
hi
i see you still cashing in on your 3-5 & even money shot useing m.s. bye the way i only have 7or8 programs on my laptop. be fore any one comments its a running joke beteen jag and a few of the boys at sports haven.
trucks

shanta
04-12-2004, 07:25 AM
i see you and your buddies are at sports haven. do you plan on going there at all during this week or this weekend? i live down in Westchester and would take a ride up there to meet you if i know u are going to be there. its about an hour and 15 minute drive from my home. i have been there a couple of times and went to the front row on the first floor where the carrels are and asked if anyone was on PACE ADVANTAGE but got no response. let me know if there is a definate day or 2 this week or weekend that you will be there and i will take a ride up and we can say hello if you are interested ok?
Richie Pizzicara :)

andicap
04-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by shanta
i see you and your buddies are at sports haven. do you plan on going there at all during this week or this weekend? i live down in Westchester and would take a ride up there to meet you if i know u are going to be there. its about an hour and 15 minute drive from my home. i have been there a couple of times and went to the front row on the first floor where the carrels are and asked if anyone was on PACE ADVANTAGE but got no response. let me know if there is a definate day or 2 this week or weekend that you will be there and i will take a ride up and we can say hello if you are interested ok?
Richie Pizzicara :)

Richie,
we might have had this conversation before, but where in Westchester are you?
I used to go Sports Haven a lot before I had a child. Now I go to Belmont on weekends if my mom can come along and help watch her. (My wife hates the track if she can't sit and read).
A number of years ago I want with a guy who bet a lot of money so he was able to get one of the rooms on the top floor and we had our own SAM machines, tables for our laptops, waitress service, etc. It was sweet.

I also went to Bridgeport greyhound simulcast (not to bet the dogs), which was OK. Decent little restaurant and a lot of full-time players who were there every day. They had little patience for those who weren't serious players.

I've gone to Yonkers on occasion, but am not crazy about it. There's something really depressing about Yonkers simulcast.

Tom
04-12-2004, 07:36 PM
I used to have a lot of programs on my laptop - maybe 12 or so most of the time. When one lost a race, I just moved on to a fresh one. Like Karl, I went home early a lot, but not for the same reason he does :rolleyes:

Jaguar
04-12-2004, 11:29 PM
PA- we have a bunch of guys at OTB who own alot of software- probably because they are no longer young, and the stuff does tend to accumulate on the laptop- over time.

But, my over-flowing diskette boxes can't hold a candle to the impressive volume of horse handicapping software installed on Truck's 2 machines(one for DOS discs, one for Windows based programs).

To be perfectly candid, I don't know how he has money to take his wife out to dinner, he spends so much on software. The Truck and I have been friends and demented handicappers for years- and still arguing the merits of various programs, I might add.

When Truck is cashing trifecta tickets and suddenly clams up, I know enough to get suspicious. The logical suspicion is that he has gotten his mitts on a viable platform and doesn't want anyone horning in on his "secret"- since the whole damn row is so acquisitive- and just plain grabby(and cheap, to boot- including me- of course).

Usually Truck is delighted to show the guys the screen that picked the Tri he cashed on. Not so anymore.

All of a sudden he's as quiet as a monk and you couldn't get a glimpse of his laptop screen unless you bent your body around like a pretzel.- He's protecting his methods like the Turkish Brigade guarding Attaturk's Tomb.

We old-timers are supposed to foster a collegial atmosphere and be supportive of one another in the handicapping wars.- And that's the way things used to be at OTB.

All of a sudden it's raw nature, mano a mano, tooth and claw, the savage beast bearing his fangs.- No more sharing of projected early pace and final fractions. Overnight, our happy handicapping enclave has been turned into the world of Osama bin Laden- fear and terror rule the day.

Times change and people change- and perhaps one day Truck will allow us a peak into the new realm of The Trifecta King...Hope I live that long.

All The Best,

Jaguar

Jaguar
04-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Richie, you would be welcome anytime in our front row "Wonderland". You won't find a friendlier group- and, with the exception of The Trifecta King, guys are delighted to schmooze with a fellow handicapper.

Some of the guys aren't there everyday- the way they used to be. But, I will be delighted to contact you when there will be a good turnout on a saturday or Sunday.

When you do make it up here, you might want to plan on arriving around 11:30 am, since on the weekends the seats do tend to fill up. If you bring a laptop, be sure to bring an adapter plug- one that can handle 3 regular 2-prong plugs stuck into it. The lamp plug, the TV plug, and the laptop plug will all go into the adapter. As well, the adapter needs to be a 3-prong "grounded" plug.

Who knows, maybe The Trifecta King will be so stimulated by meeting a new(to him) handicapper, that he will loosen up a bit and give you a clue as to this new Trifecta expertise.

Truck could always hit a trifecta, now and again, but suddenly he's bangin' 'em in succession. Everyone is getting curious.

Looking forward to a new addition to our degenerate group. Hope we all catch some winners- I'd even settle for an $8 Quiniela!

All The Best,

Jaguar

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2004, 02:23 AM
This I gotta see....

jandrus
04-13-2004, 09:28 AM
hi
I think my friend jag is setting me up.I am no more a trifecta king
than any one here. igot lucky a few times on saturdays. thats when iplay no magic programs
when i hit the ti &ex iwas down to my last $20. i picked it without using a program it was a maiden race no program could have got it my return roi is so minus it would take me ten years to cacth up
but saying that i love the game win or lose and i try to have some fun.
p.s any 3-5s this week henry

shanta
04-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Richie,
we might have had this conversation before, but where in Westchester are you?
I used to go Sports Haven a lot before I had a child. Now I go to Belmont on weekends if my mom can come along and help watch her. (My wife hates the track if she can't sit and read).
A number of years ago I want with a guy who bet a lot of money so he was able to get one of the rooms on the top floor and we had our own SAM machines, tables for our laptops, waitress service, etc. It was sweet.

I also went to Bridgeport greyhound simulcast (not to bet the dogs), which was OK. Decent little restaurant and a lot of full-time players who were there every day. They had little patience for those who weren't serious players.

I've gone to Yonkers on occasion, but am not crazy about it. There's something really depressing about Yonkers simulcast.

andicap, i live down on shore road. right at the entrance to Glenn Island.I am like you ,I hate Yonkers, it is dungy and nasty(also it is where i used to do most of my drugs, i am going on 42 months sobriety so i stay away). I go to the Meadowlands 4 or 5 days a week when wagering.
Richie Pizzicara

shanta
04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Jaguar
Richie, you would be welcome anytime in our front row "Wonderland". You won't find a friendlier group- and, with the exception of The Trifecta King, guys are delighted to schmooze with a fellow handicapper.

Some of the guys aren't there everyday- the way they used to be. But, I will be delighted to contact you when there will be a good turnout on a saturday or Sunday.

When you do make it up here, you might want to plan on arriving around 11:30 am, since on the weekends the seats do tend to fill up. If you bring a laptop, be sure to bring an adapter plug- one that can handle 3 regular 2-prong plugs stuck into it. The lamp plug, the TV plug, and the laptop plug will all go into the adapter. As well, the adapter needs to be a 3-prong "grounded" plug.

Who knows, maybe The Trifecta King will be so stimulated by meeting a new(to him) handicapper, that he will loosen up a bit and give you a clue as to this new Trifecta expertise.

Truck could always hit a trifecta, now and again, but suddenly he's bangin' 'em in succession. Everyone is getting curious.

Looking forward to a new addition to our degenerate group. Hope we all catch some winners- I'd even settle for an $8 Quiniela!

All The Best,

Jaguar

Jaguar, let me know if this Sunday say is good. I will take a ride up early ok? Saturday i will be in Jersey but Sunday is real good for me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best, Richie

BeatTheChalk
04-21-2004, 06:37 PM
I get chills thinking about it ....There was a low on the totem
pole numbahhhs runnahh around Yonkers in those days.. He
would get horses every now and then ...usually chalky and they
would run well...But this time ...He had a 12 to 1 shot..I even
recall the name " I Know " The thing was that there must
be a JOCK SWITCH to Eddie Belmonte .. to make sure that the
fix was in..
Sure enuf about 10 mins to post....the announcer made that
now fabled jock change announcement.....Attention .. there is
a late jockey change in the 9th .. .. .. .. .. ..
The horse was around 16 to 1 when the change was made...
There were three of us .. plus of course .. whoever else was
in on the action ...Odds dropped to 11 to 1 .....The thrilling
result .....
I KNOW went wire to wire at a Mile and an Eigth .. no other
horse made a move....it was a PARADE ....... We all celebrated
for several days. That folks is the only fixed raced that I ever
heard about .. before or since. RIP Mr Belmonte ...****

andicap
04-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Get to the track with my high school friends (yes, shockingly we were all betting under age) and one of them says, "I heard from a friend of mine that George Sholty (the driver) is alive with longshots tonight."

We were skeptical of course until a shipper hits early with Sholty and pays $30-plus.
Unbelievably Sholty has ANOTHER longshot in a later race -- about the same odds....17-1 and wins again!!

We all had him the second time of course.

But it couldn't have been fixed

:D