PDA

View Full Version : HELP

bugboy
03-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Don t know what I did.hope someone can help me my screen on my laptop
Is. Ow SIDEWAYS.HOW DO I GET IT BACK TO NORMAL?
Please help.thanks

parmajake
03-30-2018, 05:41 PM
press the ALT & CTRL TOGETHER THEN THE ARROW KEYS

bugboy
03-30-2018, 05:52 PM
thanks so much buddy.again the members on pa come thru again. thank you

Dave Schwartz
03-30-2018, 06:57 PM
press the ALT & CTRL TOGETHER THEN THE ARROW KEYS

I never knew that!

:ThmbUp:

Tom
03-30-2018, 08:38 PM
Cool!
I was gong to say turn your laptop around.
This is better!

Jeff P
03-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Several years ago I bought a really small laptop. The idea being long battery life for the rare day I might actually show up on track.

A few days later I went back to the store and picked up a full sized Logitech wireless keyboard because every time I tried to do actual work on that particular laptop I found myself fat fingering the keys.

Best 30 bucks I ever spent. Turned that laptop into a machine I could actually use.

Sometimes inanimate objects have a mind of their own.

One day I was banging away on the wireless keyboard and my cell phone rang. I reached for the phone with one hand and tried to set the wireless keyboard back on the desk with the other.

Somehow the wireless keyboard ended up only part of the way onto the desk. When I took my hand away it teetered a little bit -- fell to the floor -- bounced once or twice -- and came to a stop -- keys down.

Something about my screen seemed off.

At first I had no idea what I was seeing. I thought maybe I had somehow fried the machine because the screen itself looked like a jumbled mess.

Then little by little I began to make sense of what I was actually looking at.

The Windows Desktop, the taskbar, all of the open program windows I had been working in -- everything was still there.

But the display was upside down!

I put the phone down and let the call go to voicemail. Then I just sat there staring at the screen in utter disbelief.

The keyboard must have hit the floor just right -- or just wrong depending on one's point of view.

I had no idea how that was even possible. At the time I didn't know you could make Windows do that with your keyboard.

Why the hell would anybody ever want to?

I grabbed the mouse and tried to open a browser window. But as soon as I tried moving the mouse cursor across the screen I realized it was going in the opposite direction of where I wanted it to go.

It took me a few minutes of serious finagling to even open a browser window -- let alone do a Google search for the phrase "windows display upside down."

Then there was the reading the instructions part. You have to realize the browser window with the web page I landed on was itself upside down.

Rather than read it that way I actually picked the laptop up off the desk -- and you guessed it -- held it upside down while I read the instructions.

Took me several several minutes... but I finally got the stupid thing straightened out!

And you know what?

I can't help thinking I could drop, kick, throw, grab a tennis racket and smack that wireless keyboard across the room a thousand times over without ever once getting it to land just right and get Windows to display everything upside down again.

-jp

Dave Schwartz
03-31-2018, 12:05 AM
Jeff, that's hysterical.

Can't come close to that one. :ThmbUp: