PDA

View Full Version : At least his old man knew what was going to happen:

Secretariat
08-26-2004, 11:58 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=544&ncid=703&e=6&u=/ap/20040825/ap_on_go_pr_wh/iraq_bush_s_warning

JustRalph
08-27-2004, 12:05 AM
I will take the latter Bush as opposed to the former.......

we would be done with the crap by now had he gone on........

ElKabong
08-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Yet another disengenous POS post from Sec....This article is dated, yet all quotes are 8 years old. The world has changed considerably since then. Hell, Even Baker's quotes are 8 years old.

snippett---The senior Bush's thoughts are outlined in "A World Transformed," published well before his son became president. After Desert Storm, the nation was deeply split over whether Bush was right to bring the troops home while leaving Saddam's regime intact. .........end

9-11 changed things... Sec is proof positive that most libs still live in 9-10-01.

Secretariat
08-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Well Elkie,

Things have changed but GW's Sr. prediction was exactly right, so was Bakers. I hate to admit a Republican was right, but GW Sr. realized the cost right on the money.

And 911 began with a terrorist group in Afghansitan, not in Iraq I beleive, and still not stockpiles of WMD's, but if you check the recent cost of the Iraqi invasion in lives, and in terms of dollars, it has been devastating to our deficits. Generaltions after ours wll still be paying this mistake off. That's not leadership, it's not listening to his dad.

ElKabong
08-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Sec,

Can you come up with any post 9-11 quotes from Baker or Bush41 that correspond to that article?

Yes or no?

sq764
08-27-2004, 10:21 AM
PA, you seem to want a passive coward in office.. If Kerry is what you want, go look back at some of Clinton's miscalculations to see how he started the trend of hatred for the US.. here's one example

http://www.electric-america.com/wt98/wt0329o.htm

sq764
08-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Sorry PA, meant to say Sec :-)

Sec, you could probably insert Kerry for Clinton here too..

http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm

schweitz
08-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
I hate to admit a Republican was right

Why is that? You have stated many times that you voted for Dole.:rolleyes:

JustRalph
08-27-2004, 05:04 PM
I hate to admit a Republican was right, but GW Sr. realized the cost right on the money.

Well, now a Republican can never be right? You are really getting mired in your own crap you know...........

2+2 is still 4...........damn! I was right .........suffer on Sec!

Secretariat
08-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Again, diversion.

Your failures to address what GW Sr. stated and Baker said, and instead you choose to make the issue about me. I suppose if I'm all ya got to tear down I am making headway.

ElKabong
08-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Again, diversion.

Your failures to address what GW Sr. stated and Baker said, and instead you choose to make the issue about me. I suppose if I'm all ya got to tear down I am making headway.

BS, Sec. You supplied 8 year old quotes and try to dress them as fresh off the press. I asked you if you could come up with post 9-11-01 quotes from Baker and Bush41 that correspond to those in the article....You could not.

You live in pre- 9-11 times, not to mention tossing out half truths and outright bullsh-t as if it were gospel.

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Bullshit is an acceptable term of endearment here on Pa.com

Just don't overdo it....lol

Tom
08-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Bullshit is an acceptable term of endearment here on Pa.com

Just don't overdo it....lol

BTW, last season for NYPD Blue.....think they pull out the stops and give us a bigger window of opportunity? :D

I was telling some girls at the next table at Saratoga yesterday that this was a PA group, and NYPD Blue allowed nudity......and they told me that "Blue" also allowed knife wounds.:eek: