PDA

View Full Version : The Bush Environment

Secretariat
08-26-2004, 11:56 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=513&ncid=703&e=9&u=/ap/20040825/ap_on_go_ot/fish_pollution

schweitz
08-27-2004, 12:03 AM
The EPA in the article says that there is not an increase in pollution but an increase in monitoring-----I guess you think none of this pollution happened when a Democrat was in office? I guess you think Bush's proposal is not enough but why didn't Clinton take care of this problem?

dav4463
08-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Just another example of this country blaming Bush for everything that is wrong with the world ! It is unbelievable !

Secretariat
08-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Schweitz,

You don't get it. Read the article again:

ONE of every THREE lakes in the United States, and nearly one-quarter of the nation's rivers contain enough pollution that people should limit or avoid eating fish caught there."

"Jeffords and President Bush (news - web sites) have each proposed ways of regulating mercury and other pollution from coal-fired power plants. Jeffords would have the government force industry to reduce mercury emissions by 90 percent by 2008; Bush wants to cut mercury emissions by 70 percent by 2018."

Let's see which one is serious. Jeffords 90 percent in the next four years, or Bush 70 percent in the next fourteen years. Now which one is more serious. Bush can spend money to put a man on Mars, but can't even clean our lakes so we can fish. Why acn Jeffords do it, and Bush can't? Ask some of our fisherman if they want to wait fourteen years, when Bush isn't around anymore to be held accountable for another broken environmental promise.

The WORST environmental president in history. 1 in 3 lakes. We don't have to worry about chemical weapons from terrorists in our lakes and streams. We've already got 1/3rd of them poisoned and a Prez who looks the other way.

schweitz
08-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Sec, Why didn't mister environment Clinton take care of this in his eight years?

PaceAdvantage
08-27-2004, 12:54 AM
You know what's even better? Democrats are supposed to be environmentally-friendly, right? They care about the environment, supposedly more than evil Bush supporters like me. They conserve, they protect our natural resources, right? Right?????

They don't drive big ol' gas guzzling SUVs (or if they do, they invent clever ways to avoid responsibility...like Kerry)

However, when the Democratic equivalent of SUPERMAN (aka Bill Clinton) arrives for a public appearance, what is his ride of choice? The big ol' HONKING bad ass Chevy Suburban SUV!!!!

Just like the one he got out of when he appeared on the David Letterman show recently....

I couldn't find pix, but here is a description from USA today:

[quote]Clinton busy writing own job description
By Martha T. Moore, USA TODAY
NEW YORK — Three black SUVs roar up to the corner of 125th Street and Malcolm X Boulevard, in the heart of Harlem. People walking by stop and look. The car doors fly open, and men in suits jump out. Something is happening, but no one is sure what.

Then Bill Clinton pops out of the lead Suburban and walks into Starbucks. And everyone starts shrieking.[quote]

So much for the environmentally friendly Super-Democrat and savior of the party....

Secretariat
08-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Schweitz,

I agree Clinton should have done more about the environment. Why would that be an excuse for Bush to do nothing about it. and frankly 1 in 3 fish loaded with mercury and putting off Jeffords plan for 10 years to reduce less mercury in fish is passing the buck to another generation.

Recommendations not to eat tuna except very infrequently and in small amounts indicate something is seriously wrong here espeically when I was grwoing up fish was supposed to be one of the best things you were supposed to eat.

Christ said let us all be fishers of men. I guess that would mean 1 out of 3 men should be loaded with mercury.

PA, this doesn't have to do with SUV's or Democrats, or Clinton, it has to do with who is now in pwoer and waht the heck have they been doing to address this crisis.

ElKabong
08-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Schweitz,

Christ said let us all be fishers of men. I guess that would mean 1 out of 3 men should be loaded with mercury.

Lessee...One of three fish are inedible...Two out of three Kerry PHs are fraudulent... I like the present environment's #'s here better!

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2004, 12:50 AM
PA, this doesn't have to do with SUV's or Democrats, or Clinton, it has to do with who is now in pwoer and waht the heck have they been doing to address this crisis.

Of course it does. Leaders (and former leaders) should lead by example. If one of the supermen of your own party doesn't put out that extra effort to conserve and protect, then you're a hypocrite if you start criticizing Bush and the Republicans, no matter how small or large the scale.

JustRalph
08-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Schweitz,
Christ said let us all be fishers of men.

This guy posts a quote from Jesus Christ in an attempt to bolster the efforts of a party that believes that Partial Birth Abortion is ok...............Holy Cow! Do you know what kind of incredibly Ironic blasphemy that is? You must have spiritual testicles the size of your head..............

If I wasn't an atheist/agnostic type I would be even more offended than I am...

Secretariat
08-28-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Of course it does. Leaders (and former leaders) should lead by example. If one of the supermen of your own party doesn't put out that extra effort to conserve and protect, then you're a hypocrite if you start criticizing Bush and the Republicans, no matter how small or large the scale.

First of all you assume all Dems think alike. They don't. and GW should be happy for that.

I voted for Dole in 96, and GW Sr. in 88. They are the only recent Repubs I voted for because I was unhappy with Clinton not getting his agenda in and his war record in Nam. I took a chance on him in 92 when the economy was a disaster and I was unemployed. I respected Dole's service, and his long term in the Senate. Generally, he is a fair man, but has gotten more partisan since losing to Clinton. The 88 election, I based my vote on Bush Sr.'s war record, his service in the CIA and international affairs. I thought he handled Gulf War 1 ok, but when you're unemployed it affects your vote dramatically.

I have been watching what GW did with the environment compared to his dad and even other Repub Prez's such as Reagan, and this guys record is a disgrace. It's not even about Alaska drilling. It is his refusal to not even listen to his own EPA which is a VERY conservative EPA, certainly not the Sierra Club, and even when they say Act Now..he always sides with the polluters.

He has failed dismally on so many fronts. I realize no President is perfect, but it would be nice if he could get one thing right.

I just don't understand why you guys keep on harping on Clinton with me. I've made many statements here criticizing the man. But the man in power right now and for the last four years has certainly done ZERO to improve the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the parks and wilderness we vacation in.

ElKabong
08-28-2004, 02:50 AM
First of all you assume all Dems think alike. They don't.

Sec,

If you'd have left out "alike", you'd have nailed it down.

Derek2U
08-28-2004, 03:00 AM
I think you're BoxCar or Lefty. You are, right?

JustRalph
08-28-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Derek2U

Does it matter........? he is nailing Sec's tired ass to the wall.....

Good on em!

JustRalph
08-28-2004, 04:41 AM
I respected Dole's service, and his long term in the Senate. Generally, he is a fair man, but has gotten more partisan since losing to Clinton.

In June of 96 Bob Dole resigned from his Senate seat to run for President full time because he said that he would not be able to devote enough time to represent his home state. Maybe somebody else might think about doing that.....huh? Anybody?

Dole isn't more partisan..........he is no longer in office and doesn't have to worry about who he pisses off now. That's all..........

ElKabong
08-28-2004, 05:04 AM

Derek2U
08-28-2004, 10:01 AM
You're an idiot. Like most brain damaged you draw kiddy litter.
Guys, it's NOT republicans or dems politically active peoples are
against IT'S THE BUSH ADMNISTRATION. can you process the
difference between ANTI-ADMINITRATION & voters from one
party or another. A lot of "DEMS" are very INDEPENDENT voters;
same for REP'CNS. It's the DIRECTION of this BUSH team in EVERY
area that sucks. And face it, this BUSH team has nothing in common with MOST OF YOU. Since he lies, even you can't be sure
whats happening. And ELK, crawl under a hole you latrene vermin.

Secretariat
08-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Dole isn't more partisan..........he is no longer in office and doesn't have to worry about who he pisses off now. That's all..........

So in other words you're saying he was not his own man previously, and now we're seeing the real Bob Dole.

Boy, I hope not.

Tom
08-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Sec,
You are forgeting about the "loaves and fishes" story.
No need to worry about tianted fish-there is an endless supply. And we get rolls with them, too.

BTW.......if things are so baaaaad, why is CONGRESS not addressing the problems?
Most of them have been there longer that Bill of Bush.
You worry too much about stupid things.

ElKabong
08-28-2004, 03:56 PM
It's the DIRECTION of this BUSH team in EVERY
area that sucks. And face it, this BUSH team has nothing in common with MOST OF YOU. Since he lies, even you can't be sure
whats happening.

Ed Koch and I agree on the most important topics that faces us nowdays..Terrorism and nat'l security... Koch is a dem, a dem that can string together sentences without giving notice he's a pre-schooler. (IOW, he's way ahead of you)

Thanks for your little comments, derekFu. You're a credit to all kerrybots and pre-schoolers alike.

Latin Qtr
08-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Terrorism and National Security concern me and that's why I
am voting for Kerry. I don't think Kerry is soft on defense.

JustRalph
08-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Latin Qtr

and you allow our countries security to be decided by France and Germany

that is being soft on defense.........

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Latin Qtr

What are you basing your decision on that Kerry isn't soft on defense?

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2004, 01:47 AM
You're an idiot. Like most brain damaged you draw kiddy litter.
Guys, it's NOT republicans or dems politically active peoples are
against IT'S THE BUSH ADMNISTRATION. can you process the
difference between ANTI-ADMINITRATION & voters from one
party or another. A lot of "DEMS" are very INDEPENDENT voters;
same for REP'CNS. It's the DIRECTION of this BUSH team in EVERY
whats happening. And ELK, crawl under a hole you latrene vermin.

Hey Derek, then why isn't Kerry leading by 25 percentage points in the polls? If it's such a slam dunk as you imply?

Obviously, you aren't tuned to the pulse of America....not everyone has the same mindset as New York City dwellers.

There's a whole big country out there Derek. You might try travelling further than the Hamptons one of these days....it might surprise you.

Secretariat
08-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Hey Derek, then why isn't Kerry leading by 25 percentage points in the polls?

I thought you didn't beleive in the polls.

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2004, 02:21 AM
I'm using them as an example. Derek is implying that everyone disagrees with the Bush Administration.

If this is the case, then the polls shouldn't be so close.

Or maybe it's a vast left-wing conspiracy. If the polls did show Kerry out front by 25 points, perhaps that would lead many potential Kerry voters to sit home and not bother to vote, thinking their candidate has it "in the bag"

Hmmm...this is starting to make a lot of sense.....LOL

Secretariat
08-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Interesting PA. I didn't get that from Derek's post, Thought he was referring to "politically active people" and not most people.

Regardless, we agree on the worthlessness of polls.

I am always amazed how these threads start with one topic and end with another though.

Tom
08-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Interesting PA. I didn't get that from Derek's post, Thought he was referring to "politically active people" and not most people.

Regardless, we agree on the worthlessness of polls.

I am always amazed how these threads start with one topic and end with another though.

Stop spinning and they won't! ;)

boxcar
08-29-2004, 12:32 PM
PaceAdvantage asks:

What are you basing your decision on that Kerry isn't soft on defense?

Whatever it is, it certainly can't be on his voting record. LQ, must be going with something really visceral -- like a gut feeling, or instincts or some such thing.

Boxcar

Lefty
08-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Ed Koch not the only Dem voting for Bush. Zel Miller will be the keynote spkr at the Repub convention!

JustRalph
08-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Lefty
Ed Koch not the only Dem voting for Bush. Zel Miller will be the keynote spkr at the Repub convention!

Zell has been a Repub in Dem clothing for years.........he is a Blue Dog.........they still exist...........a hold over from when the Dems of the 60's were more like the Repubs of today. i.e. John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan..............it won't matter at all that he is speaking. they are wasting their time allowing him to speak. It is payback for Reagan Jr. at the Dem Convention. I would rather see an up and coming younger Repub in that spot.

Maybe a California Legislator of some note? California is starting to turn.........the Repubs should be doing all they can to encourage a move to the right in California. There has to be somebody out there that could have taken this spot........a look toward the future of California would have been appropriate