PDA

View Full Version : Is Ryan Going to Resign?

jocko699
03-26-2018, 06:18 PM
As Speaker of the House.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/hagar-rumor-paul-ryan-resign-u-s-house-speaker-scalise-replace-him-amodei-says/460544002/

elysiantraveller
03-26-2018, 06:47 PM
As Speaker of the House.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/hagar-rumor-paul-ryan-resign-u-s-house-speaker-scalise-replace-him-amodei-says/460544002/

He never wanted the job and only took if the Freedom Caucus, who he is probably most aligned with, would tow the party line.

They aren't now and he is stuck in a bad spot.

Tom
03-26-2018, 09:02 PM
Best he resign not only the post, but his seat as well.

Clocker
03-26-2018, 09:09 PM
only took if the Freedom Caucus, who he is probably most aligned with

Not lately. He and large numbers of "Republicans" keep moving left and don't understand why the Freedom Caucus doesn't move in step with them.

elysiantraveller
03-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Not lately. He and large numbers of "Republicans" keep moving left and don't understand why the Freedom Caucus doesn't move in step with them.

That was my point albeit worded poorly.

He's tasked with keeping the party together in his current role. Politically, as in prior to his speaker role, he was much more aligned with the Freedom Caucus than a lot of GOP high profilers. I honestly think it's a major reason why he was called up.

chadk66
03-27-2018, 08:48 AM
if we are lucky yes

FantasticDan
04-11-2018, 11:53 AM
There goes Paul, running for the hills..

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/11/17224090/paul-ryan-trump-speaker-republican-2018

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Oh my! :lol:

JustRalph
04-11-2018, 12:41 PM
About time the POS got out

McConnell hopefully up next

reckless
04-11-2018, 04:10 PM
That was my point albeit worded poorly.

He's tasked with keeping the party together in his current role. Politically, as in prior to his speaker role, he was much more aligned with the Freedom Caucus than a lot of GOP high profilers. I honestly think it's a major reason why he was called up.

Paul Ryan is not aligned with the Freedom Caucus as the above poster --again-- incorrectly wrote.

Paul Ryan is the poster child of the GOP elites bought and owned by the immoral and corrupt cabal of Fortune 500 internationalists, Wall Street and the local US Chambers of Commerce.

He's one of those 'free' traders that believe hundreds of billions of dollar trade deficits annually to China and other foreign countries is 'good' for America's prosperity. But yet today, Ryan said he was 'proud' of his fight for entitlement reform -- meaning cutting Social Security and Medicare benefits to poor people.

Yes, most of the Freedom Caucus members voted for him to replace John Boehner, but it was more a sign of GOP unity than for any love and respect.

Paul Ryan has been a regular and vocal critic of the Freedom Caucus in case people haven't noticed -- but I guess there are people on here that didn't notice.

Finally, despite the nice words said of Ryan by President Trump, Ryan is all-in in trying to destroy the Trump agenda and lose the GOP majority.

Tom
04-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Swamp down another inch.

Buh bye you POS....don't let the door hit your arse on your way out, Dickhead. :lol::lol::lol:

elysiantraveller
04-11-2018, 07:43 PM
You guys are great...

Who is going to replace him as leader?

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Who cares.

davew
04-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Best he resign not only the post, but his seat as well.

Is not running for re-election. Decided he wanted to spend more time with his kids growing up, rather than be an every other weekend parent.

I know the Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell all are living well because of their devotion to the budget bill and perks related to their families. I am not sure he has made enough from corruption yet to completely retire.

FantasticDan
04-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Who cares.
You forgot so what and big deal. :ThmbDown:

Burls
04-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Swamp down another inch.

Buh bye you POS....don't let the door hit your arse on your way out, Dickhead. :lol::lol::lol:Tom!
Such words against a fellow Republican!

JustRalph
04-11-2018, 10:51 PM
You guys are great...

Who is going to replace him as leader?

Couldn’t do much worse

Clocker
04-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Looks like Ryan isn't the only one not happy in his job. A story making the rounds on the web supposedly is an off the record rant of an anonymous GOP Congressman.

Unless this is really Ryan. :D

Language not suited for children.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-congressman-rips-trump-in-insane-tirade-to-journo-evil-really-fcking-stupid-forrest-gump/

Tom
04-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Tom!
Such words against a fellow Republican!

I am not, nor have I ever been a republican.
I am a conservative, and we only the GOP as a vehicle because there just aren't enough of us for our own party.

Unlike the DNC and GOP, we have standards and morals! :lol:
Most republicans would never meet our standards.

Tom
04-11-2018, 11:48 PM
Couldn’t do much worse

Putin, for one.:lol:

Clocker
04-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Couldn’t do much worse

The early leaders at this point appear to be House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Majority Whip Steve Scalise. Who do you like in that race?

That race may be for House Minority Leader, by the way. At last count, 37 current GOP Congressmen are not running for reelection.

Actor
04-12-2018, 01:38 AM
Ryan will run for the Presidency when the GOP dumps Trump in 2020.

woodtoo
04-12-2018, 02:06 AM
Ryan will run for the Presidency when the GOP dumps Trump in 2020.

Happily the GOPee aint what it used to be. Ryan can run as far as he wants.:pound:

reckless
04-12-2018, 07:13 AM
Looks like Ryan isn't the only one not happy in his job. A story making the rounds on the web supposedly is an off the record rant of an anonymous GOP Congressman.

Unless this is really Ryan. :D

Language not suited for children.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-congressman-rips-trump-in-insane-tirade-to-journo-evil-really-fcking-stupid-forrest-gump/

Wow... this clown is a real 'leader' and real 'man' too. Must hide in the toilet paper aisle of a Safeway to talk to a lunatic and a Seminarian, no less.

While reading on, we will learn what really and truly annoys this gutless and brainless GOP congressman:

... If Nancy Pilosi becomes Speaker, then she will f--k up the cafeteria menu...

The GOP deserves to lose in November, but if so, American patriots and citizens are the ones who will suffer the most.

lamboguy
04-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Wow... this clown is a real 'leader' and real 'man' too. Must hide in the toilet paper aisle of a Safeway to talk to a lunatic and a Seminarian, no less.

While reading on, we will learn what really and truly annoys this gutless and brainless GOP congressman:

... If Nancy Pilosi becomes Speaker, then she will f--k up the cafeteria menu...

The GOP deserves to lose in November, but if so, American patriots and citizens are the ones who will suffer the most.i'd say there is no chance that Pelosi will become speaker. if she doesn't relinquish her hold the democrats may not take over the house. if she does, they win. she is old and getting pretty senile. her daughter will talk her out of wanting to become speaker again.

some factions of the democratic party are pretty moderate. of course, there are some that are far left and just as bad as far right conservatives. it seems that the American public does not have such a love affair for both conservatives and liberals who have managed to equally destroy the fiber of this country in the name of one-upmanship.

incoming
04-12-2018, 08:47 AM
There goes Paul, running for the hills..

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/11/17224090/paul-ryan-trump-speaker-republican-2018

I think most republican finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Finally, a president that has the country pointed in the right direction. They are jumping out of the swamp and headed home for the 'normal life.' This is Donald Trump's party now, who just happens to be a long time democrat, they are letting the people decide.

Clocker
04-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Ryan's announcement could further fragment the GOP Congress. As a lame duck, he is going to have even more problems uniting the House GOP members into getting things done.

Speculation is growing that he could be forced out as Speaker this summer. The question then is whether a new Speaker could get anything done, especially when the members go into virtually full time campaign mode, generally from August to November.

Paul Ryan said he plans to remain as speaker and not call an early leadership election, but well-wired Republicans tell Jonathan Swan and me that Ryan may be forced out sooner.

What we're hearing: One source close to leadership told us: "Scuttlebutt is that Paul will have to step down from speakership soon. Members won’t follow a lame duck, he’ll have no leverage to cut deals, and the last thing they need in this environment is 6 months of palace intrigue and everyone stabbing everyone else in the back."

Remember: All paths to being Republican speaker run through the Freedom Caucus. To get the job, McCarthy or Scalise would have to vie to offer them the best deal, which would likely include chairmanships of top committees for Freedom Caucus members.

https://www.axios.com/ryan-speakership-summer-mccarthy-scalise-freedom-caucus-78bfd3b7-7cc2-47f4-ba4e-aebf63f08700.html

Tom
04-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Pelosi has some kind of facial twitch lately.
Can't stop 9it from twitching.

She should go look at hillary - her face has stopped a few clocks, maybe it would help.