PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Clark

cj
03-23-2018, 02:00 PM
No thread on this yet or am I missing it?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/us/sacramento-police-shooting/index.html

I'm not one for much off topics, but man, this stuff has got to stop.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2018, 02:11 PM
From the description in the article I would venture a guess if the guy had simply obeyed the police like most normal people do, he'd be alive today.

At night, in the dark, you don't run from the police when they want to talk to you...and you certainly don't run from the police, in the dark, while holding something in your hand that could be interpreted as a ****ING GUN.

I know, I know...if he was white, the cops wouldn't have shot him...their racist tendencies assumed the worst...if the dead guy was white, they would have assumed it was a phone and not a gun...or the racist cops are lying about seeing a phone...blah blah blah more bullshit blah blah blah.

The media will show this 1000x and we will have more riots and more people will get hurt and die...businesses will be burned to the ground.

Not because of racism. Because of some dope who ran from the police, at night, while holding a ****ing cell phone.

No personal responsibility will be talked about on the part of this dead MAN (note, not a kid, a man). GROWN MEN should be a lot ****ing smarter than this. But they're not, apparently. Darwinism in action I suppose.

But the narrative will all be about racism. **** this shit I say.

But you're right. The stupidity has to stop.

JustRalph
03-23-2018, 02:22 PM
The only question I have is, did he extend his hands as they say. That’s commonly known as a shooting stance or posture.

If so, I might think suicide by cop. He may have received the exact reaction he wanted.

I haven’t seen the vid

classhandicapper
03-23-2018, 02:34 PM
One thing wasn't 100% clear. Was he the guy that was breaking into cars or were they also mistaken about the identify?

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Pretty sure you don't see the victim during the actual shooting...cops are taking cover by a corner and it blocks the view...but I've only seen it once.

The aerial view from the chopper provides a little more of a view, but it's tough to see if he extends his hands...it looks like he might, but I only saw it once.

I wrote my first reply before watching the video...only reading the story.

After watching the video, it seems there are a good number of seconds from when the first cop yells "GUN" until he or some other cop yells it again "GUN GUN GUN" and then they open fire.

The cops may have been too quick to open fire. They had cover around that corner. And all those seconds that pass between the first yell of GUN until they actually open fire would have led me to believe there was a chance to assess the situation a little more, especially since they had some cover.

I don't know what the ****ing answer is...you have idiots who run from the cops, and to make it worse, hold something in their hands that can be seen as a gun in the heat of the moment.

Then you have cops who are just a little too quick to pull the trigger...but then again, in a situation like that, if they believe they see a gun, it turns into a "do I choose to risk never going home to my family again and give this guy the benefit of the doubt, or do I take down the perceived threat and live to see another day" all in the dark, amid chaos, and a suspect who is running and therefore desperate...

It's a terrible situation all around. I can't understand how anyone would want to be a police officer these days.

cj
03-23-2018, 02:37 PM
From the description in the article I would venture a guess if the guy had simply obeyed the police like most normal people do, he'd be alive today.

At night, in the dark, you don't run from the police when they want to talk to you...and you certainly don't run from the police, in the dark, while holding something in your hand that could be interpreted as a ****ING GUN.

I know, I know...if he was white, the cops wouldn't have shot him...their racist tendencies assumed the worst...if the dead guy was white, they would have assumed it was a phone and not a gun...or the racist cops are lying about seeing a phone...blah blah blah more bullshit blah blah blah.

The media will show this 1000x and we will have more riots and more people will get hurt and die...businesses will be burned to the ground.

Not because of racism. Because of some dope who ran from the police, at night, while holding a ****ing cell phone.

No personal responsibility will be talked about on the part of this dead MAN (note, not a kid, a man). GROWN MEN should be a lot ****ing smarter than this. But they're not, apparently. Darwinism in action I suppose.

But the narrative will all be about racism. **** this shit I say.

But you're right. The stupidity has to stop.

The guy certainly carries some blame, but shot at 20 times blame? He was being chased for breaking windows, not anything violent. I just don't see the jump to it being a gun so hastily. I think you really need to be positive before you fire your weapon. As you mentioned later on, it sure looks like they had cover.

Would he have been shot if he were white? We'll never know. I grew up in a mixed race, lower class neighborhood and I know I got breaks not afforded to others because I was white.

cj
03-23-2018, 02:37 PM
One thing wasn't 100% clear. Was he the guy that was breaking into cars or were they also mistaken about the identify?

From the video I'd guess he was, but it is a little foggy at this point.

MONEY
03-23-2018, 02:39 PM
Many of the people that cops come into contact with are idiots or criminals.
You can't shoot someone because the person is stupid.

In this case the cop yelled "show me your hands, drop the gun" I can't tell by the video but the decedent might have been doing as ordered, "with a cell phone in his hands". He couldn't drop the gun, because he didn't have one.

The proper order would have been "Police Don't Move!", and to keep repeating the order.

I saw the video last night & the cops muted their recorders after the shooting.
That action is likely to get them fired and indicted.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2018, 02:41 PM
In this case the cop yelled "show me your hands, drop the gun" I can't tell by the video but the decedent might have been doing as ordered, "with a cell phone in his hands". He couldn't drop the gun, because he didn't have one.Come on...if you or I were in that situation, and the cops are chasing me and tell me to show them my hands and drop the gun, I sure as hell am not going to keep holding the cell phone because he mistakenly yelled "DROP THE GUN" and not "DROP THE CELL PHONE."

MONEY
03-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Come on...if you or I were in that situation, and the cops are chasing me and tell me to show them my hands and drop the gun, I sure as hell am not going to keep holding the cell phone because he mistakenly yelled "DROP THE GUN" and not "DROP THE CELL PHONE."
It's a different time now, more people are willing to die just to make a point. But I have been in that situation and lucky for me, I didn't have to shoot.

FantasticDan
03-23-2018, 02:48 PM
In this case the cop yelled "show me your hands, drop the gun" I can't tell by the video but the decedent might have been doing as ordered, "with a cell phone in his hands". He couldn't drop the gun, because he didn't have one.

What are you talking about? The cop yelled, "Show me your hands!" Then he simply said, "Gun!", and they opened fire.

There was no order to drop anything.

MONEY
03-23-2018, 02:54 PM
What are you talking about? The cop yelled, "Show me your hands!" Then he simply said, "Gun!", and they opened fire.

There was no order to drop anything.
Just listened to it again, and you're right.
Still "show me your hands" was the wrong order.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2018, 03:09 PM

There was no order to drop anything.This isn't true either.

The first one said "GUN"

Then a whole bunch of time passed until another one (or the same one) said "GUN GUN GUN"

Then they opened fire.

FantasticDan
03-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Just listened to it again, and you're right.
Still "show me your hands" was the wrong order.Especially since "show me your hands" apparently meant = if there's anything in your hands, we're gonna shoot you 20 times.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2018, 03:30 PM
Especially since "show me your hands" apparently meant = if there's anything in your hands, we're gonna shoot you 20 times.I know...cops who see what they think is someone holding a gun and pointing it at them are supposed to just stand there and take the bullets.

What were they thinking?

Oh, and only shoot them one time. Give them a chance to get a few rounds off...

No...a cop sees a gun or thinks they see a gun, you're going down. That's reality.

That's why you don't run from the cops in the middle of the night holding something that might look like a gun.

Life sucks. That's why there is something called street smarts, which this idiot apparently had zero (though he probably thought he had plenty).

Tom
03-23-2018, 05:04 PM
Minutes after the shooting, as more officers arrive on the scene, a voice is heard saying, "Hey, mute," and the audio on the body camera cuts off.

Screams "cover up" to me.

HalvOnHorseracing
03-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Getting shot after "only" breaking a window is a really bad beat. I have the sense that holding anything in your hand at night with cops bearing down on you isn't going to end well. In the dark anything can be mistaken for a gun.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2018, 06:09 PM
BTW, has anyone ever known a cop that WANTED to shoot his gun and kill someone?

I haven't...and my grandfather and uncle were both NYPD...

Shooting someone, besides the obvious, is not something a cop wants to do....

HalvOnHorseracing
03-25-2018, 02:28 PM
It's a strange time. Instead of being seen as guardians of peace, in many neighborhoods the cops are seen as an invading army.

Inner Dirt
03-25-2018, 03:12 PM
It seems most of you are ignoring the fact he was running from the cops, through the neighborhood, in the dark trespassing on other people's property. That is what the infrared video from the police helicopter shows. It seems most people these days want the cops to risk their lives to save the lives of criminals and only fire their weapons if shot at first. What has the world come to?

Tom
03-25-2018, 03:34 PM
It has come to a point where 1 guy is a threat to a platoon of cops, so they can fire as many rounds as possible into him.
And then turn off their cameras and mics to cover up the rest of of the story.

I think one single guy took down Pablo Escobar.
Was this kid more of a threat than Pablo?

kingfin66
03-25-2018, 11:59 PM
Police officers have to make split second decisions that are often life or death. In my opinion, they should never have to do this. People need to listen to commands and comply with police orders whether they think they are right or not. If police wait to discern whether an item is a phone, gun or just a finger pointing at them, that may be the difference between life and death. Police need to be able to go home. Every time.

Tom
03-26-2018, 12:20 AM
We all need to go home at night.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:50 AM
It has come to a point where 1 guy is a threat to a platoon of cops, so they can fire as many rounds as possible into him.

Any cops who are seen turning off their cameras on the scene of a shooting should be automatically presumed to be guilty of misconduct...and they should be investigated accordingly. In no way do they deserve the "benefit of the doubt".

JustRalph
03-26-2018, 01:00 AM
Any cops who are seen turning off their cameras on the scene of a shooting should be automatically presumed to be guilty of misconduct...and they should be investigated accordingly. In no way do they deserve the "benefit of the doubt".

They have 5th amendment rights that they can invoke anytime they want. That’s the only argument I can see for it. It’s puzzling in this case

lansdale
03-26-2018, 01:42 AM
No thread on this yet or am I missing it?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/us/sacramento-police-shooting/index.html

I'm not one for much off topics, but man, this stuff has got to stop.

I assume this is the CNN video that was linked as part of cj's post -- however, every time I tried to play it, it crashed -- probably getting heavy play on CNN. So I'm posting link below:

Looks like an extrajudicial execution. The first cop yells 'show me your hands', and then, instanty, 'Gun', and shoots twenty rounds into the victim, fifteen after he's already on the ground. Note that the two cops still fear assault with a deadly IPhone even after the victim is down and not moving. The cops never identified themselves, and the victim was in his grandmother's driveway. These guys going graybar -- and believe me I have a number of cops and lawyers among family and friends. Like cj, I rarely have posted here, but agree that this issue has gone way over the top.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VTlZqEsPY78

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 02:07 AM
IMO...the cops on this video don't belong on the street while carrying weapons. They shoot the guy full of holes...and then they yell at him to SHOW THEM HIS HANDS? The only ones shooting guns were the cops...and yet they ask each other if they are "okay", when the shooting is over? And then the lady cop suggests that the motionless victim might be "pretending"?

IMO...an additional government agency should be deployed to protect the citizens from the cops.

MutuelClerk
03-26-2018, 09:06 AM
We need Robo Cop before driverless cars.

Inner Dirt
03-26-2018, 09:07 AM
It also appears most are assuming in these situations the cops know immediately how many times the perp was hit by bullets. Wasn't there a recent shootout with cops and a perp where 65 shots were fired and no one was hit?

I have an idea. Don't run around breaking windows, trespassing, and running from the cops in the dark if you want your day to end well. Sick and tired of people acting like the perp has no liability in their demise.

FantasticDan
03-26-2018, 09:48 AM
These guys going graybar --
I very much doubt it.

Tom
03-26-2018, 10:32 AM

Immediate dismissal with loss of all pension benefits.
Cameras must be MANDATORY.
Your camera fails, you get off the streets immediately.

Tom
03-26-2018, 10:36 AM
It was murder - plain and simple.
No way that many shots are justified as self defence.

All of them need to be prosecuted.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:23 PM
I have an idea. Don't run around breaking windows, trespassing, and running from the cops in the dark if you want your day to end well. Sick and tired of people acting like the perp has no liability in their demise.

I have another idea. If a cop can't keep his cool during the performance of his job...then let him find a "safer" place of employment. Sick and tired of those cops who go out looking for reasons to spray bullets all over the place.

xtb
03-26-2018, 12:32 PM
My sister is a teacher in the city school district. The kids in her school have zero respect for police. They have told her that their parents tell them, "they don't have to do anything the cops tell them."

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Sick and tired of those cops who go out looking for reasons to spray bullets all over the place.You seriously think cops are itching to pull out their guns and shoot people?

Forgetting the human factor for a moment...do you realize the world of shit a cop puts himself in when he shoots someone? There is no sane cop in this world "out looking for reasons to spray bullets all over the place."

None.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:34 PM

I remember that video a few months ago...where a guy in a hotel was on his knees with his arms in the air while pleading for his life...while several cops had high-powered rifles pointed at him, and were scaring him to death by screaming threats while making idiotic demands of him. If the cops honestly feel that their lives are in danger in situations such as this...then they should turn in their guns and go find a desk-job somewhere.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:35 PM
You seriously think cops are itching to pull out their guns and shoot people?

Forgetting the human factor for a moment...do you realize the world of shit a cop puts himself in when he shoots someone? There is no sane cop in this world "out looking for reasons to spray bullets all over the place."

None.

Read my last post, and give me another reason for the conduct of those cops in that video.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Read my last post, and give me another reason for the conduct of those cops in that video.I said sane.

Maybe those cops weren't sane.

jk3521
03-26-2018, 12:39 PM
We are asking them to be one thing they can't be..perfect ! :rant:

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:40 PM
Forgetting the human factor for a moment...do you realize the world of shit a cop puts himself in when he shoots someone?

What "shit" do these rogue cops put themselves in? So many unexplained shootings have occurred, and we've featured some of them on this very board...and all we see are dismissals when these cops are taken to trial.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:41 PM
I said sane.

Maybe those cops weren't sane.

Don't they give "insanity tests" before handing out guns to cops?

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:43 PM
We are asking them to be one thing they can't be..perfect ! :rant:

No...these COPS are asking the SUSPECTS to be "perfect". And, if the suspects aren't "perfect", then they die...no matter how minor the offence.

Inner Dirt
03-26-2018, 12:53 PM
I have another idea. If a cop can't keep his cool during the performance of his job...then let him find a "safer" place of employment. Sick and tired of those cops who go out looking for reasons to spray bullets all over the place.

Do you really believe cops are " looking to spray bullets all over the place"?

I guess you want them to wait till they are shot at and then return fire?

Inner Dirt
03-26-2018, 12:55 PM
I remember that video a few months ago...where a guy in a hotel was on his knees with his arms in the air while pleading for his life...while several cops had high-powered rifles pointed at him, and were scaring him to death by screaming threats while making idiotic demands of him. If the cops honestly feel that their lives are in danger in situations such as this...then they should turn in their guns and go find a desk-job somewhere.

I agree on that one, cops were 100% in the wrong they should at least have been convicted of manslaughter.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 12:58 PM
Do you really believe cops are " looking to spray bullets all over the place"?

Yes...I believe that some cops go out looking for the slightest reason to shoot somebody 20 times. And I present that hotel video as evidence to prove my point. If that guy who was begging for his life on his knees ended up getting shot that many times...then society needs protection from the cops.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 01:02 PM
I guess you want them to wait till they are shot at and then return fire?

No...I just don't think that a guy should be shot 30 times after the cell phone that he was holding was mistaken for a gun.

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 01:06 PM
I agree on that one, cops were 100% in the wrong they should at least have been convicted of manslaughter.

And yet, that cop was acquitted in that case. And PA-Mike is telling me that these cops put themselves in "all kinds of shit" by wrongfully shooting people. :rolleyes:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/8/16752914/police-arizona-philip-brailsford-daniel-shaver

jk3521
03-26-2018, 01:06 PM
No...the COPS are asking the SUSPECTS to be "perfect". And, if the suspects aren't "perfect", then they die...no matter how minor the offence.

Some people can't handle "authority". Psychological testing is supposed to weed those people out. Maybe there is something wrong there. Sloppy procedures?

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Some people can't handle "authority". Psychological testing is supposed to weed those people out. Maybe there is something wrong there. Sloppy procedures?

And, when those "insecure" cops, who "can't handle authority", are absolved of responsibility in these shooting deaths...what have we got then? More "sloppy procedures"?

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2018, 01:33 PM
What "shit" do these rogue cops put themselves in? So many unexplained shootings have occurred, and we've featured some of them on this very board...and all we see are dismissals when these cops are taken to trial.Oh, I don't know. These shootings sometimes cause riots...they cause their family to be threatened...they cause investigations, possible loss of job, possible criminal charges...possible civil charges...lawsuits...not to mention the fact they have to live with knowing they killed or severely injured someone...

Like I said, a world of shit.

But people continue to think they're itching to pull that trigger.

Who wouldn't knowing all the joy that comes from it? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-26-2018, 01:35 PM
What "shit" do these rogue cops put themselves in? So many unexplained shootings have occurred, and we've featured some of them on this very board...and all we see are dismissals when these cops are taken to trial.

Because cooler heads prevail. Grand juries and trial juries get the whole story, they get to examine the facts with a fine tooth comb and decide. They put themselves in the place of the officers.

The Supreme Court has ruled that in these cases the only evidence to be considered is the evidence and prior knowledge that was known by the officers when they arrived. It’s all that is relevant. Nothing found or determined afterwards is considered, nor should it be.

All that matters in this case is whether or not those officers thinking he was holding a gun is a reasonable reaction to what they saw. A grand jury I’m sure will decide.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2018, 01:36 PM
No...these COPS are asking the SUSPECTS to be "perfect". And, if the suspects aren't "perfect", then they die...no matter how minor the offence.Are you saying this is a common event? How many people are stopped or questioned by the police every year?

And how many end up being shot dead?

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Because cooler heads prevail. Grand juries and trial juries get the whole story, they get to examine the facts with a fine tooth comb and decide. They put themselves in the place of the officers.

The Supreme Court has ruled that in these cases the only evidence to be considered is the evidence and prior knowledge that was known by the officers when they arrived. It’s all that is relevant. Nothing found or determined afterwards is considered, nor should it be.

All that matters in this case is whether or not those officers thinking he was holding a gun is a reasonable reaction to what they saw. A grand jury I’m sure will decide.

In your opinion...was the acquittal decision in the Arizona hotel-shooting case justified?

thaskalos
03-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Are you saying this is a common event? How many people are stopped or questioned by the police every year?

And how many end up being shot dead?

What difference does it make if these wrongful-shooting cases are "common", or not? They shouldn't happen at ALL!. When a cop is killed on the job, that isn't "common" either...given how many cop/suspect interactions there are each year. But does the fact that they are "uncommon" make them any more "understandable"...or "acceptable"?

I didn't say that there are "many" rogue cops out there. But there are obviously SOME rogue cops out there...and that's unacceptable, IMO.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2018, 02:00 PM
I didn't say that there are "many" rogue cops out there. But there are obviously SOME rogue cops out there...and that's unacceptable, IMO.Then I guess I read you wrong.

Pretty sure we can all agree on your last sentence above. No arguments here.

Tom
03-26-2018, 04:11 PM
No...I just don't think that a guy should be shot 30 times after the cell phone that he was holding was mistaken for a gun.

One shot, maybe two...ok, I get it.
Those cops were three bullets shy of the Battle of the Bulge.

NO WAY a bunch of mentally defective assholes like those cops should be allowed to interact with the public.
We used to call them Storm Troopers.

JustRalph
03-26-2018, 08:07 PM
In your opinion...was the acquittal decision in the Arizona hotel-shooting case justified?

Over-reaction all the way.

Those guys should be in jail

FantasticDan
04-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Isn't it obvious? He wasn't holding an iPhone..

https://twitter.com/bso/status/980642478540972032

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Isn't it obvious? He wasn't holding an iPhone..Yes, I'm sure it was that simple.

If we're learned anything, it's that ALL cops and ALL departments react exactly the same in any and all situations... :rolleyes:

How come you don't post the reports that PROVE that police nationwide do NOT shoot unarmed black people MORE then they shoot unarmed white people? Adjusted, of course, for the fact that blacks, for some reason, are involved in more crimes (and thus more run-ins with cops) than whites are, despite their population numbers.

You never talk about that stuff. It was even written up in the Washington Post of all papers, something I know YOU read...or have no PROBLEM reading if you don't...unlike FAUX NEWS or some other right-wing stronghold news agency which you never take seriously but read all the time.

horses4courses
04-03-2018, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage;2297955]Adjusted, of course, for the fact that blacks, for some reason, are involved in more crimes (and thus more run-ins with cops) than whites are, despite their population numbers.[QUOTE]

Would you happen to think that there might be an underlying reason for this?
Or, are blacks simply more likely to be social deviants just for the heck of it?

Tom
04-03-2018, 09:46 PM
It is what it is.......what's your theory?

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Or, are blacks simply more likely to be social deviants just for the heck of it?Everyone has a reason for the things that they do. And society has reasons for the things that people do. There are as many theories out there as theorists...take your pick.

JustRalph
04-03-2018, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage;2297955]Adjusted, of course, for the fact that blacks, for some reason, are involved in more crimes (and thus more run-ins with cops) than whites are, despite their population numbers.[QUOTE]

Or, are blacks simply more likely to be social deviants just for the heck of it?

They culturally accept and allow it without repercussions.

horses4courses
04-03-2018, 11:40 PM
They culturally accept and allow it without repercussions.

So, in your opinion, would this be genetic?
Did it come about recently, or over a long period of time?

What could have triggered such rebellious behavior?

JustRalph
04-04-2018, 12:44 AM

Genetic no.......and don’t try to bait me.

Create a permanent underclass with no responsibility for their own well being, you get an irresponsible culture with no skin in the game. No moral compass, unfettered immoral activity and a lack of ambition are the traits developed by the permanent underclass. Whether white or black, American Indian, it doesn’t matter. The same behavior and criminal activities are present in “The hood” the white trash trailer park and Indian reservations or other state dependent communities.

The people aren’t that different, it’s the same circumstances in each case that makes them victims. Not all settle for the status quo. Many escape by not accepting being a victim. They see it differently. It’s a choice. Many never get a chance to escape because they are crippled by bad parents, indoctrination and sometimes terrible luck. They never see it as a choice.

They see it as fate and are indoctrinated by those who surround them. They are double victims. Once a victim of their government, a second time a victim of their environment, their parents etc

In a culture where their are no repercussions for your behavior, no chance of losing anything (including reputation) And you can always find a government subsidized environment to fall back to........the only impediment to your happiness are those that wish to hold you accountable........

Inner Dirt
04-04-2018, 08:14 AM
Isn't it obvious? He wasn't holding an iPhone..

https://twitter.com/bso/status/980642478540972032

Is there a liberal on this planet that will ever tell the whole story? If you Google, all the headlines say man "Opens Fire" "Points Rifle" etc,etc. Not one mention it was an AIR RIFLE. It also was 6pm, which means it was DAYLIGHT.
The cops knew exactly what they were dealing with.

Tom
04-04-2018, 08:41 PM

Tell me why, in Ferguson, where Blacks vastly outnumbered all others, they were hardly represented in local government and blamed everything on a racist whitey city? All they had to do was find some people to run and vote them in and then control the mayor's office and the police force.

Doubt it was genetic, but it was something.
What do yo thing it was?

Beside self-inflicted, that is.

RunForTheRoses
04-04-2018, 08:54 PM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/martin-luther-king-we-cant-keep-on-blaming-the-white-man-1522792580?shareToken=st88d4652ad6774eff8ab7080d87 abc58c&reflink=article_email_share

incoming
04-04-2018, 09:16 PM

Create a permanent underclass with no responsibility for their own well being, you get an irresponsible culture with no skin in the game. No moral compass, unfettered immoral activity and a lack of ambition are the traits developed by the permanent underclass. Whether white or black, American Indian, it doesn’t matter. The same behavior and criminal activities are present in “The hood” the white trash trailer park and Indian reservations or other state dependent communities.

The people aren’t that different, it’s the same circumstances in each case that makes them victims. Not all settle for the status quo. Many escape by not accepting being a victim. They see it differently. It’s a choice. Many never get a chance to escape because they are crippled by bad parents, indoctrination and sometimes terrible luck. They never see it as a choice.

They see it as fate and are indoctrinated by those who surround them. They are double victims. Once a victim of their government, a second time a victim of their environment, their parents etc

In a culture where their are no repercussions for your behavior, no chance of losing anything (including reputation) And you can always find a government subsidized environment to fall back to........the only impediment to your happiness are those that wish to hold you accountable........

Post of the decade...:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

If he had not chosen to run through a dark neighborhood in the middle of the night, with ambush a threat at every corner, he would probably be alive today. The cop crime was the overkill.

Tom
04-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Post of the decade...:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

If he had not chosen to run through a dark neighborhood in the middle of the night, with ambush a threat at every corner, he would probably be alive today. The cop crime was the overkill.

Great Post by Ralph.
That is exactly what the liberal democrats have done.
When people expect the government to take care of them, they will stop taking care of themselves.

FantasticDan
04-04-2018, 10:02 PM

Create a permanent underclass with no responsibility for their own well being, you get an irresponsible culture with no skin in the game.

Created by.. who?

https://twitter.com/justinfication/status/981622238234456064

Tom
04-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Created by.. who?

incoming
04-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Yep.......Analogies count.

Colorful language.... Ron White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv7Tr8HbGE

formula_2002
04-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Shoot seven times in the back while moving toward police with an object that they believed was a gun..:rip:

Inner Dirt
04-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Created by.. who?

The media also perpetuates the problem. Another front page story today about a black man shot and killed by police . On MSN it is the first this morning on their main slide show of events. Blacks represent something like 25% of the people killed in confrontations with police, yet those are the only ones that get front page coverage. If you don't look deeper you are led to believe cops only shot black people. Racist acts against blacks get wide spread coverage, the reverse or black on black crimes get nothing at all or buried on the back page.

The most well know and covered black leaders are the race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson and Waters who are always blaming whitey. The opposite group that holds black people accountable for their problems are given little or no voice by the media.

The above paints a bleak picture for black people in this country that is 100% false. We fortunately no longer live in 1962 Kentucky, yet the media wants you to believe we still do. A person is foolish to think the false narrative doesn't have a negative influence on some people.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Shoot seven times in the back while moving toward police with an object that they believed was a gun..:rip:You make it sound like he was shot while running away...when he could have easily turned around as they began shooting and therefore was shot in the back.

We can paint any picture we want to, can't we?

Interesting times.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Created by.. who?Oh, that one is easy.

THE WHITE DEVIL

Tom
04-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Shoot seven times in the back while moving toward police

Hard to do, no?

Unless someone else shot him.:bang:

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Yeah, moving towards police, then they start shooting, he turns and gets shot in the back...

Just saying, "oh, he got shot in the back....see....he was running away and they shot him anyway..."

****ing bullshit on both sides man....keep that narrative going...

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Hard to do, no?

Unless someone else shot him.:bang:No, real easy to do...if you come at me and I start shooting at you, I bet you turn around too and get shot in the back.

FantasticDan
04-05-2018, 10:55 AM
No, real easy to do...if you come at me and I start shooting at you, I bet you turn around too and get shot in the back.
Does this mean you're planning a Saratoga meet-up this year? :ThmbUp: :lol:

formula_2002
04-05-2018, 01:47 PM
You make it sound like he was shot while running away...when he could have easily turned around as they began shooting and therefore was shot in the back.

We can paint any picture we want to, can't we?

Interesting times.

I guess I was just reading "FAKE NEWS";)

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 04:16 PM
I guess I was just reading "FAKE NEWS";)Or creating it...

Tom
04-05-2018, 06:40 PM
No, real easy to do...if you come at me and I start shooting at you, I bet you turn around too and get shot in the back.

Well, not to belabor the point, but if I come at you, it will be from behind you! I ain't no hero. :lol:

formula_2002
04-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Or creating it...

I'M JUST NOT THAT CREATIVE.

"News about Shot In The Back 7 Times
bing.com/news

The Latest: Doctor: Stephon Clark shot 7 times from behind
Fox News · 5d
A pathologist hired by attorneys for the family of an unarmed man killed by Sacramento police says an independent autopsy shows Stephon Clark was shot seven times from behind and ... that Clark was shot in the right …"

FOX NEWS REPORTING.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/30/latest-doctor-stephon-clark-shot-7-times-from-behind.html

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 08:29 PM
I never said he WASN'T SHOT IN THE BACK. That's not the fake part.

The fake part is people trying to claim he was simply running away from the police and they shot him anyway.

formula_2002
04-05-2018, 10:48 PM
I never said he WASN'T SHOT IN THE BACK. That's not the fake part.

The fake part is people trying to claim he was simply running away from the police and they shot him anyway.

WHAT?
WATCH THE VIDEO. HE IS SHOWN RUNNING AWAY AND THE POLICE SHOT HIM.

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2018, 02:05 AM
WHAT?
WATCH THE VIDEO. HE IS SHOWN RUNNING AWAY AND THE POLICE SHOT HIM.I DID WATCH THE VIDEO...he's moving TOWARD the police as they are shooting him...are you watching the same video I am? Aerial footage from chopper...at no time does it look like he's RUNNING AWAY as they open fire...in fact, he's not running at all right before and during their shots...

What video are you watching?

Opening seconds of video on NYT website:

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000005813009/stephon-clark-killed-police-sacramento.html