PDA

View Full Version : Another school shooting

Clocker
03-20-2018, 11:44 AM
This time in Maryland.

This time the school had an armed "resource officer".

Two students wounded, shooter deceased.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/20/developing-school-shooting-maryland-contained-least-3-injured/

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Surprised I didn't get a breaking news alert about this from my MSN-driven news service here on Windows 10...then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised given the circumstances of this particular incident and the political leanings of MSN...:bang:

Tom
03-20-2018, 12:01 PM
So it wasn't a gun free zone?

Hmmm.

Clocker
03-20-2018, 12:05 PM
So it wasn't a gun free zone?

Hmmm.

We don't need guns in schools. When every second counts, the police are only minutes away.

elysiantraveller
03-20-2018, 12:17 PM
CNN has picked it up.

This is the type of stuff that should be blasted everywhere... Shooters getting killed quick.

Clocker
03-20-2018, 12:26 PM
CNN has picked it up.

CNN has totally screwed it up.

They got a phone call from a student who was in the school on lock-down, and put him on the air live without verifying his "facts'.

The student said that he had heard that 7 people had been shot, and that at least one student was dead. None of which was true.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/20/cnn-interview-student-lockdown-fake-news-maryland-school-shooting/

FantasticDan
03-20-2018, 12:27 PM
This time in Maryland.
This time the school had an armed "resource officer".

So did Parkland, as you well know.

JustRalph
03-20-2018, 12:33 PM
The exact opposite of the Broward coward :ThmbUp:

Clocker
03-20-2018, 12:38 PM

The Maryland school had an armed officer inside the building. The Florida school did not.

The reasons for the discrepancy have yet to come out.

FantasticDan
03-20-2018, 12:49 PM
The Maryland school had an armed officer inside the building. The Florida school did not.:confused: Both officers were stationed on school grounds, sometimes they were in the building, sometimes out.

woodtoo
03-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Good guy with gun stops bad guy with gun.:ThmbUp:

Show Me the Wire
03-20-2018, 01:08 PM

Absolutely correct. Proves in a life and death situation, you cannot always depend on law enforcement, you must depend on yourself.

OntheRail
03-20-2018, 01:12 PM
:confused: Both officers were stationed on school grounds, sometimes they were in the building, sometimes out.

And one had piss in his shoes as he cowered behind a bush, the other thank God performed his duty.

FantasticDan
03-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Good guy with gun stops bad guy with gun.:ThmbUp:That's unconfirmed. The resource officer fired a single round at the same time the shooter also fired a round. Law enforcement hasn't determined yet if the shooter shot himself or if he was struck by the officer's round. The officer was not injured.

Btw, I'm all for armed school resource officers. I've worked with several for years.

woodtoo
03-20-2018, 01:18 PM
That's unconfirmed. The resource officer fired a single round at the same time the shooter also fired a round. Law enforcement hasn't determined yet if the shooter shot himself or if he was struck by the officer's round. The officer was not injured.

Btw, I'm all for armed school resource officers. I've worked with several for years.

The good guy with gun forced bad guy with gun to be shot.;)

FantasticDan
03-20-2018, 01:28 PM
The good guy with gun forced bad guy with gun to be shot.;)Can't argue with that. I just wish the bad guy didn't have a gun to begin with.

xtb
03-20-2018, 01:35 PM

The Florida guard was employed by a sheriff's department where cowardice permeated.

davew
03-20-2018, 01:40 PM
CNN has totally screwed it up.

They got a phone call from a student who was in the school on lock-down, and put him on the air live without verifying his "facts'.

The student said that he had heard that 7 people had been shot, and that at least one student was dead. None of which was true.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/20/cnn-interview-student-lockdown-fake-news-maryland-school-shooting/

One student is dead, the shooter. So that part is true.

FantasticDan
03-20-2018, 01:42 PM
The Florida guard was employed by a sheriff's department where cowardice permeated.
Yeah, I heard police departments are gonna do cowardice permeation tests from now on to prevent that sorta thing :blush:

therussmeister
03-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Surprised I didn't get a breaking news alert about this from my MSN-driven news service here on Windows 10...then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised given the circumstances of this particular incident and the political leanings of MSN...:bang:

I got breaking news about this from MSN on Windows phone.

davew
03-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Can't argue with that. I just wish the bad guy didn't have a gun to begin with.

No matter how hard you try, bad guys will ALWAYS be able to get a gun.

Clocker
03-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Maryland has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.

They prohibit any person under age 21 from possessing any “regulated firearm” (handgun or assault weapon).

Although the assault weapons ban the General Assembly passed in 2013 gets the most attention, the legislature also passed a handgun licensing law that year that requires fingerprinting, four hours of training and an extensive background check to get a handgun license.

Once buyers have a license, they’re subject to the state’s other handgun laws, which require buyers to be over 21 years old and to wait seven days after trying to buy one. Buyers may also only buy one gun per month unless they hold a special collector’s license.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-maryland-handgun-laws-20180320-story.html

chadk66
03-20-2018, 03:31 PM
all that really matters if is this kid was using an AR

boxcar
03-20-2018, 04:49 PM
We don't need guns in schools. When every second counts, the police are only minutes away.

Did you say that with a straight face? Or do you know something we don't? Perhaps the good guy (resource officer) gave a handicap to the police by counting off several minutes before engaging the shooter -- just to see who would get to the shooter first?

Seconds count in shootings, not minutes!

The fact that this school was NOT a a gun-free zone made all the difference in the outcome.

boxcar
03-20-2018, 04:51 PM
Can't argue with that. I just wish the bad guy didn't have a gun to begin with.

Wishing doesn't cut it. Action does.

I "wish" we lived in a perfectly righteous world, but we don't. So...we must adjust or die.

Tom
03-20-2018, 04:58 PM

How many times did they throw you out? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Did you say that with a straight face? Or do you know something we don't? Perhaps the good guy (resource officer) gave a handicap to the police by counting off several minutes before engaging the shooter -- just to see who would get to the shooter first?

The fact that this school was NOT a a gun-free zone made all the difference in the outcome.

I’m sure it was sarcasm!

Clocker
03-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Did you say that with a straight face?

By George, I think he got it! :rolleyes:

boxcar
03-20-2018, 08:20 PM
By George, I think he got it! :rolleyes:

Okay...if you say so. :popcorn:

Clocker
03-21-2018, 08:26 PM
An interesting take on the armed teacher issue:

https://static.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Screen-Shot-2018-03-21-at-12.42.04-PM.png

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/