PDA

View Full Version : peter miller

ldiatone
03-18-2018, 05:56 PM
Peter Miller has been fined $2,500 & suspended seven days by the CHRB stewards for "aggressive/abusive behavior-derogatory words about licensee’s unborn baby." Ruling says it was his seventh offense and he has also been placed on probation until October of 2019.

from twitter

Andy Asaro
03-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Sicko

And he has little kids himself. What an *sshole.

http://www.drf.com/news/trainer-miller-fined-suspended-insulting-language

Andy Asaro
03-18-2018, 06:39 PM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/975501533235224576

theiman
03-18-2018, 08:02 PM
It took 7 incidences before the stewards decided to suspend him?

What were all the other incidents about?

GMB@BP
03-18-2018, 08:15 PM
This dude dont have the best rep out there, arrogant is the word I had heard.

GMB@BP
03-18-2018, 08:19 PM
“This is an effort by the stewards and the CHRB to embarrass me,” Miller said. “She dropped the complaint. She was trying to steal my help. That’s a no-no. I apologized. She apologized. It was an unfortunate incident. We’re friendly now. In fact, I saw her and spoke to her today

Recruit employees from one organization to another, usually for better compensation.

Who has ever heard of such a thing. Horseman do live in their own world I suppose.

Prioress Ply
03-19-2018, 12:48 AM
Another class act at the Great Race Place.

Andy Asaro
03-19-2018, 10:05 AM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/975734761816694784

Tom
03-19-2018, 10:12 AM
All the turds aren't in his stalls.

Guy is a tool.
Nothing but bad thought for this jerk.

cj
03-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Man, if you are going to be a dick at least shut up when you get punished. He is doubling down on his stupidity. Does her dropping the charges erase him saying vile things? Just shut up dude.

lamboguy
03-19-2018, 11:43 AM
this guy is a perfect reason why trainers should be limited in the amount of horses they can have on their rosters. there are some real super nice guys training like Todd Pletcher. the more i know of him, the more of a class act he is. Assmussen is also a top notch human being. both those guys that i just mentioned have photographic memories and lay over their field.

Andy Asaro
03-19-2018, 12:00 PM
Man, if you are going to be a dick at least shut up when you get punished. He is doubling down on his stupidity. Does her dropping the charges erase him saying vile things? Just shut up dude.

His ego is through the roof. Pretty sure some of his Owners will drop him after this and that will make him more angry. He hasn't come close to hitting bottom yet IMO

GMB@BP
03-19-2018, 12:17 PM
His ego is through the roof. Pretty sure some of his Owners will drop him after this and that will make him more angry. He hasn't come close to hitting bottom yet IMO

There have been rumblings the last few years he is also taking full advantage of chemicals. Separate issue but his time will come hopefully.

Andy Asaro
03-19-2018, 12:20 PM
There have been rumblings the last few years he is also taking full advantage of chemicals. Separate issue but his time will come hopefully.

There's always the standard injecting feet and shockwaving and the other move'em up stuff IMO by various Trainers in the Industry. He wouldn't be alone if that's what he's doing.

JustRalph
03-19-2018, 12:54 PM
He has a decent first Amendment argument if he wants to play that game

PointGiven
03-19-2018, 01:50 PM
No he does not. Santa Anita isn't a governmental agency. He has no constitutional protection from action from a private party.

"The fist amendment is as overplayed as it is misapplied "

JustRalph
03-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Are not the stewards an arm of the State? ...........

GMB@BP
03-19-2018, 02:59 PM

Your not allowed to threaten people in a Gov workplace as well without repercussions, why is this even a discussion?

JustRalph
03-19-2018, 09:53 PM
Your not allowed to threaten people in a Gov workplace as well without repercussions, why is this even a discussion?

Where does it say he threatened anybody? I’m not defending the guy, but if he as a contractor at the track wants to play the first amendment game and claim the “state” is infringing on his rights of free expression ........ he might get somewhere......in my opine

jocko699
03-19-2018, 10:11 PM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/975501533235224576

I wonder what the late Mike Mitchell would have said to him or was he aware of his behavior back then?

GMB@BP
03-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Where does it say he threatened anybody? I’m not defending the guy, but if he as a contractor at the track wants to play the first amendment game and claim the “state” is infringing on his rights of free expression ........ he might get somewhere......in my opine

No one will repeat what he said, it was that bad.

But hey, I am sure your right, he was probably just wishing her all the best.

upthecreek
03-20-2018, 11:18 AM
I withdrew my complaint from the CHRB because I wanted to move on and avoid any further animosity. There were other people who saw the incident and filed complaints.

But after reading that Pete still believes I went into his barn and “stole” his help, I have to say I’m glad he is getting the anger management help. I learned a lot from Pete and am thankful for opportunities I had while working for him, and would like to see him get the help he needs to control his temper

JustRalph
03-20-2018, 12:32 PM
No one will repeat what he said, it was that bad.

But hey, I am sure your right, he was probably just wishing her all the best.

Don’t put words in my mouth. Anytime an arm of the state or local government regulates speech, they are dancing around 1st Amendment issues.

School systems have the same problem

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2018, 07:37 PM
this guy is a perfect reason why trainers should be limited in the amount of horses they can have on their rosters. there are some real super nice guys training like Todd Pletcher. the more i know of him, the more of a class act he is. Assmussen is also a top notch human being. both those guys that i just mentioned have photographic memories and lay over their field.Ummmm....can't believe this quote from lambo failed to generate any responses...:lol:

cj
03-20-2018, 11:16 PM
Ummmm....can't believe this quote from lambo failed to generate any responses...:lol:

I ran it through Babblefish and got nothing.

bobphilo
11-21-2018, 09:02 AM
He has a decent first Amendment argument if he wants to play that game

First Amendment does not apply here. That only protects him from being arrested or punished by the U.S. government. The CHRB can protect it's people from abuse.

bobphilo
11-21-2018, 11:54 AM

The stewards are not an "arm of the state" nor a govt. agency, anymore than the NFL or NBA are. They have a right to regulate conduct in their sport.

bobphilo
11-21-2018, 12:01 PM
this guy is a perfect reason why trainers should be limited in the amount of horses they can have on their rosters. there are some real super nice guys training like Todd Pletcher. the more i know of him, the more of a class act he is. Assmussen is also a top notch human being. both those guys that i just mentioned have photographic memories and lay over their field.

You are contradicting yourself here. First you say that trainers should be limited in the amount of horses in their roster and then praise Pletcher and Asmussen who have the 2 largest strings in the sport. In addition, they may be " super nice guys" but both have been penalized for being caught using PEDs.

I'm assuming this post is a joke.

FantasticDan
12-10-2019, 11:58 AM
https://twitter.com/InnovationDavis/status/1204421011774541825

Andy Asaro
12-10-2019, 01:13 PM

Impressed with this statement. People can change????

groupie doll
12-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Miller was also fined for a bute overage in this horse 2 months ago. He's been off form for some reason for a while now... too bad the owner wouldn't listen.

GMB@BP
12-10-2019, 01:50 PM

Last time I recall anything like this was with Azeri who was transferred from DeSeroux to Lukas, of course she won champion older mare the next year so.....

but aside to the horse is the issue that Miller has been at the forefront of Rockingham's success recently, wonder if they are parting ways.

jay68802
12-10-2019, 02:02 PM
Get the feeling this is a "just in case something goes wrong" statement.

Spalding No!
12-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Last time I recall anything like this was with Azeri who was transferred from DeSeroux to Lukas, of course she won champion older mare the next year so.....

but aside to the horse is the issue that Miller has been at the forefront of Rockingham's success recently, wonder if they are parting ways.
The article linked to this website's homepage states that Rockingham's stake in the horse was bought out by the other part-owner, who wants to go forward pending an evaluation in Florida.

clicknow
12-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Get the feeling this is a "just in case something goes wrong" statement.

What could possibly go wrong? Stormy Liberal will be 8 years old in January.

He's been on the track for 6 years.

I wonder if he has a retirement plan or if owners have $$ set aside for when he can't race anymore. Oh wait........we don't have retirement arrangements for race horses.

GMB@BP
12-10-2019, 03:45 PM
The article linked to this website's homepage states that Rockingham's stake in the horse was bought out by the other part-owner, who wants to go forward pending an evaluation in Florida.

yea just read that.

Racetrack Playa
12-19-2019, 04:51 PM
:7:Stormy Liberal headed to Old Friends:ThmbUp:
https://theamericanretiree.com/champion-stormy-liberal-retired-to-old-friends/

clicknow
12-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately, not all horse trainers are *gentlemen* (this includes females of course, so gentlepersons I guess) . Either are all people I've worked with, people who live in my neighborhood, on my forums, in politics, or even in my church.

Everyone knows what "stepping over the line" is, that most people with any self-awareness at all would not speak aloud.

It's simply a matter of lack of appropriate self-control...which is supposed to change over time from when you were 3 years old as you move into adulthood.

People mistaking this for "free speech" is just absurd. Anger management issues are simply self-control issues. (Same as overeating, over indulging in alcohol, drugs, etc. ------- all come from the same place. )

Not reaching normal adult developmental milestones is nothing to be "proud of". :D

But----that's not going to cause me to start accusing Miller of all kinds of bad things with his horses if I have no proof. Just as I wouldn't accuse jockeys who get into fist fights with each other as being cruel to the horses they ride. (lack of self control issues, again)

I'm sure there are plenty of "gentlemen" who are drugging their horses.

If I had a dollar for every irate owner who has "told me stories" about certain trainers at oaklawn, and why they've moved their horses to someone else, for the last 20 years .........

Niko
12-29-2019, 11:58 PM
:ThmbUp: