PDA

View Full Version : We have another Kennedy Problem

JustRalph
08-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Here we Go Again:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5822820/

William Kennedy Smith Accused Of Sexual AssaultWMAQ-TVCHICAGO - A former personnel assistant to Chicago doctor William Kennedy Smith filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing the nephew of the late John F. Kennedy of sexually assaulting her inside his North Side home in 1999.

The suit, filed in Cook County Circuit Court Wednesday afternoon, names Smith as the defendant and seeks in excess of $50,000. The plaintiff's attorney, Kevin O'Reilly, could not be reached for comment.

In the suit, the plaintiff said she was an assistant to Smith between October 1997 and June 1999 while working for the Center of International Rehabilitation, then known as Physicians Against Land Mines, which Smith founded. The plaintiff claimed that on the morning of Jan. 16, 1999, Smith forced her into his home, forced her on to his bed, and removed her clothing and sexually assaulted her despite her pleas to stop. Smith supposedly thwarted a subsequent attempt by the plaintiff to flee the home until she was able to escape later that morning when he fell asleep, the suit stated.

The night before, the plaintiff and three other people went out to celebrate her birthday, and Smith arrived uninvited, according to the suit. During the dinner Smith "encouraged the plaintiff and others to consume excessive amounts of alcohol, which he purchased," the suit stated.

The suit claimed Smith tagged along with the plaintiff and guests despite their efforts to go to a bar without him and, once there, continued to encourage drinking until the plaintiff was intoxicated, according to the suit. The three others, including two co-workers, left the party. About an hour and a half later, when the bar closed, Smith insisted they both share the same cab, the suit alleged.

Smith supposedly told the driver to take them to his home on Oakdale Avenue. When they arrived, he reportedly grabbed the plaintiff by the arm and pulled her out of the cab, telling her, "You cannot go home this way," the suit stated.

After the assault, Smith left the plaintiff four voice mail messages apologizing and stating "it was not your fault," "I have a problem" and "I will get help if you want me to," according to the suit.

In December 1991 Smith was acquitted of rape and battery charges following a televised trial in West Palm Beach, Fla.

ElKabong
08-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Just heard the victim on the news @ the top of the hour on cbs radio. "He held my face down in his lap....I felt like I was under water".

You know Teddy slumped in his chair when he heard that.

betchatoo
08-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Has she explained why she didn't go to the police? If someone assaulted you, then repeatedly harrassed you wouldn't you have him arrested rather than ask for money 5 years later?