PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stakes attendance advice

Aerocraft67
03-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Looks like I'll be in the neighborhood for Belmont Stakes day this year. I've never been to Belmont Park. Any ticket or attendance advice? Not sure yet if it'll be just me or the missus and another couple with me. Thanks!

dilanesp
03-14-2018, 11:55 AM
Looks like I'll be in the neighborhood for Belmont Stakes day this year. I've never been to Belmont Park. Any ticket or attendance advice? Not sure yet if it'll be just me or the missus and another couple with me. Thanks!

Get tickets before the Derby. A possibility of a TC winner surges demand.

Take the train to the track.

Have fun. It really is the best day of the year in NY racing.

JustRalph
03-14-2018, 12:07 PM

You have nothing to decide until after the Preakness

90k versus 30k makes for 2 completely different days

dilanesp
03-14-2018, 12:26 PM
You have nothing to decide until after the Preakness

90k versus 30k makes for 2 completely different days

It is never 30k anymore. NYRA got its act together on marketing the thing.

lex
03-14-2018, 03:13 PM
For any ladies you bring, hit the bathroom early and plan not to go back for the rest of the day.

Have fun. It's a great day.

tanner12oz
03-14-2018, 08:01 PM
I was there for cal chrome and it was a mess. Just about all infrastructure broke down. Pretty sure they started capping attendance after that debacle and it has improved. I would actually hope you don't have a triple attempt cuz I think it could be a great event with a smaller crowd

Parson
03-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Correct me if I am wrong someone, but isnt the Belmont race going to be at Aqueduct this year because of the construction???

atlasaxis
03-14-2018, 09:11 PM
Correct me if I am wrong someone, but isnt the Belmont race going to be at Aqueduct this year because of the construction???

It is the 150 Anniversary and will be at Belmont.

Denny
03-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Am thinking of going myself for nostalgia sake.

Could be the last one with the current grandstand, before Belmont gets remodeled next year.

I moved Upstate and haven't been there since Real Quiet's failed TC bid I think.

Went to every one before that from Secretariat in '73.

I know every nook and crany of that place, at least I used to lol.

JustRalph
03-14-2018, 11:43 PM
It is never 30k anymore. NYRA got its act together on marketing the thing.

Ok, 47k versus 102k......

13 47k
14 102k

lex
03-15-2018, 10:13 AM
I was there for cal chrome and it was a mess. Just about all infrastructure broke down. Pretty sure they started capping attendance after that debacle and it has improved. I would actually hope you don't have a triple attempt cuz I think it could be a great event with a smaller crowd

This is the last time I went and we didn't really know about the chaos until we got home. Avoided the bathrooms and food after it got busy.

We parked in the lot across the street and left after the last race and got right out.