PDA

View Full Version : Sherpa Immigrants.

mostpost
03-13-2018, 08:44 PM
While inspecting several examples of "Wall" this morning, Trump expressed the opinion that the "Wall" would have to be resistant to climbers because "those people are professional mountain climbers." He also said the "Wall" had to have "See through capabilities." Most people would call those windows.

You guys are proud of voting for this guy. WOW!!!

JustRalph
03-13-2018, 09:07 PM
While inspecting several examples of "Wall" this morning, Trump expressed the opinion that the "Wall" would have to be resistant to climbers because "those people are professional mountain climbers." He also said the "Wall" had to have "See through capabilities." Most people would call those windows.

You still don’t get it. Proud of voting against Hillary......

davew
03-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Yes, we need guard towers and snipers like Mexico's southern wall

http://www.trevorheck.com/!imgs/blog/neju6evumymy2ypy7u2yhedab.gif

and we would be some much better with Hillary's vision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RllIoRe0sI

ElKabong
03-14-2018, 12:28 AM

See post #2. This has been explained to you a thousand times on this board and you don't seem to be able to grasp it.

Clocker
03-14-2018, 12:58 AM
See post #2. This has been explained to you a thousand times on this board and you don't seem to be able to grasp it.

It's called denial. True believers will not accept that many voters found absolutely anyone preferable to Hillary.

With a little dose of reality on the left back then, Joe Biden would be in the White House.

Inner Dirt
03-14-2018, 09:19 AM
It's called denial. True believers will not accept that many voters found absolutely anyone preferable to Hillary.

With a little dose of reality on the left back then, Joe Biden would be in the White House.

Just in my small circle of people I stay in contact with which probably totals a dozen I know 3 votes Bernie would have gotten that Hillary didn't get. Of two people who normally vote for Democrats one voted third party another stayed home, saying they would have voted for any Democrat except Hillary. The third person normally votes Republican, could not stand Trump and would have flipped sides if Bernie made it, but would never vote for Hillary, that person wrote someone in.

Of the 62 million votes Trump got I would say a good 1/4 of those were for "not Hillary." Maybe another 1/4 were rapid Trump supporters and the other 1/2 divided among people that vote Republican no matter what and those tired of career politicians.

FantasticDan
03-14-2018, 09:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueY98dwas88

johnhannibalsmith
03-14-2018, 10:38 AM
Wow that guy is still not funny at all.

wisconsin
03-14-2018, 11:48 AM

Leave it to you to take everything Trumps says literally. We get what he implies. You can't stop from grasping at every little thing.

What Ralph said.

Marshall Bennett
03-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Whatever he does to piss you crybaby liberals off is fine by me. :)

boxcar
03-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Yes, we need guard towers and snipers like Mexico's southern wall

http://www.trevorheck.com/!imgs/blog/neju6evumymy2ypy7u2yhedab.gif

Just add 50,000 volts of juice to that mean looking fence and we should be good to go.

Inner Dirt
03-14-2018, 01:02 PM
Whatever he does to piss you crybaby liberals off is fine by me. :)

I second that. He kept nasty hag Hillary Clinton out of the White House and made liberals shed tears and cry like babies on election night. He gave me a wonderful memory that will bring me great joy for the rest of my life. Since I have no children, I think that memory is in a solid 3rd place behind the first time I saw a naked women in person and hitting a one winning ticket Pick 6.

elysiantraveller
03-14-2018, 01:14 PM

Of the 62 million votes Trump got I would say a good 1/4 of those were for "not Hillary." Maybe another 1/4 were rapid Trump supporters and the other 1/2 divided among people that vote Republican no matter what and those tired of career politicians.

Sharp points.

Parkview_Pirate
03-14-2018, 01:26 PM
... He also said the "Wall" had to have "See through capabilities." Most people would call those windows.

It's all about the safety of the Border Patrol agents. With your love of Gubment solving all our problems and Gubment employees, I'd thought you'd be in favor of that.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/13/mexico-border-wall-trump-plan-wont-need-full-border

Trump also said the wall “needs transparency”.

“You have to be able to see through it,” Trump said, adding that border agents need to know what or who is on the other side of the fence to avoid being hit by sacks of drugs and other contraband.

“As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them. They hit you on the head with 60 pounds (27 kg) of stuff? It’s over,” Trump said.

Drug smugglers have tried to fling bundles of drugs over parts of the roughly 650 miles of border that already has fencing or other barriers, using tactics including sling shots and catapults. But it’s unclear if anyone has ever been injured by the flying contraband.

:D

Save your ammo Mostie. When the economy skids into the ditch and the rioting begins in earnest, you'll have no shortage of deserving criticism for the Prez. Of course that would also be true if Hillary was elected, and stumbling around DC like the drunken sailor she is....

MargieRose
03-14-2018, 01:32 PM

FYI: The "professional mountain climbers" that Trump referenced were the guys testing the scale-ability of the prototypes. If they couldn't scale one or another, no one could, he figured.

Trump didn't want any of the wall samples that they (the professionals) were able to scale...there were about three or four that failed the "professional" test. He was not referring to the illegals coming over the current walls/fences as professional anything. :rolleyes:

Rule of salesmanship: People hear half of what you say and retain half of that. Repeat, repeat, repeat! In this case, replay, replay, replay...the video.

Your "window" comment is just pettiness.

davew
03-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Just add 50,000 volts of juice to that mean looking fence and we should be good to go.

Would that keep coyotes from setting one end of a 20 foot 2x12 on the wire and running their cargo over the fence?

MargieRose
03-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Sharp points.
Not necessarily.

The Trump voters went much deeper than Hillary alone. They voted right through Hillary to Obama. Any Democrat would have been in trouble; Biden, as Obama's right arm, most especially.

Trump boosted the attention and the moral of the "forgotten" men and women and gave them reason to join in...at unprecedented percentages.

elysiantraveller
03-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Not necessarily.

The Trump voters went much deeper than Hillary alone. They voted right through Hillary to Obama. Any Democrat would have been in trouble; Biden, as Obama's right arm, most especially.

Trump boosted the attention and the moral of the "forgotten" men and women and gave them reason to join in...at unprecedented percentages.

One telling and universal truth about exit polling the last election is voters were not happy with their choice. Regardless of who they voted for. They hated both candidates. Run a likable person and the election was pretty winnable for the Democrats.

Joe is likable. I don't agree with him. Would never have voted for the guy... but he's likable.

chrisl
03-14-2018, 03:30 PM
One telling and universal truth about exit polling the last election is voters were not happy with their choice. Regardless of who they voted for. They hated both candidates. Run a likable person and the election was pretty winnable for the Democrats.

Joe is likable. I don't agree with him. Would never have voted for the guy... but he's likable.

Joe is likable, just like a drunk, at a family function.

Tom
03-14-2018, 03:38 PM
Wow that guy is still not funny at all.

We should build a wall around him.
I fear the like of that scumbag more than everyday illegals.
The guy is a caldron of boiling hate.

Tom
03-14-2018, 03:41 PM
I second that. He kept nasty hag Hillary Clinton out of the White House and made liberals shed tears and cry like babies on election night.

He pushed Danny over the edge.
It was more like a gentle nudge, but nevertheless....

boxcar
03-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Would that keep coyotes from setting one end of a 20 foot 2x12 on the wire and running their cargo over the fence?

I would think so. However, airdrops would not be affected by the fence. (But then again...that's what armed drones would be for.) :coffee:

Tom
03-14-2018, 04:02 PM
So mostie, how can you justify mexico having such an inhame border fence? Don't people from Central America have a right to improve their lives by moving to mexico?

MargieRose
03-14-2018, 11:51 PM
So mostie, how can you justify mexico having such an inhame border fence? Don't people from Central America have a right to improve their lives by moving to mexico?
Um...I sure you know that Mexico doesn't have a wall and/or barbwire fence at its southern border, let alone one with towers and armed guards. Right?

https://splinternews.com/as-mexico-tightens-its-southern-border-central-america-1793847332

horses4courses
03-15-2018, 12:04 AM
Your "window" comment is just pettiness.

As I would describe the act of anyone voting for a warmed up corpse
just to defeat HRC. Kool Aid really can be effective from time to time.

davew
03-15-2018, 01:22 AM
As I would describe the act of anyone voting for a warmed up corpse
just to defeat HRC. Kool Aid really can be effective from time to time.

Well, the USA has near 300 million people and those were the best we could come up with ... why didn't you run?

If Hillary would have become PREZ, 3 more chief justices would have had unexpected deaths and the supreme court would have perverted the constitution and rule of law.

Inner Dirt
03-15-2018, 07:43 AM

That is spot on. I vote Republican 98% of the time, yet I could not bring myself to vote for Trump. The thing I did not like about him were some of his business dealings, while all legal it seems a few times he gamed the system with the handful of bankruptcies, when he easily could have paid off the debts with his spare change. Business bankruptcies of larger businesses many times save themselves on the backs of the little guy. The GM and Chrysler bankruptcies put a lot of their tier 2 and 3 suppliers out of business. That never seems to get mentioned, I belong to a machinist forum where a lot of those people worked.

I actually watched a PBS show the night before the election that gave two hours chronicling the lives of both candidates. I actually watched with an open mind looking to pick the lesser of two evils. I made up my mind and wrote in "Will Seemore" the next day.

I probably would have voted for Bernie even though I disagree with 90% of his positions. He seems unbelievably honest for a politician and I figure congress would keep him in check.

I know people who voted for Hillary while claiming her as unlikable and untrustworthy.

elysiantraveller
03-15-2018, 08:25 AM
Joe is likable, just like a drunk, at a family function.

Agreed in the way he spouts of bat-shit crazy stuff from time to time... but still he is a likable guy.

I feel I could hang with Joe for an afternoon shooting a round of golf or something similar... I couldn't do that with the choices we had.

elysiantraveller
03-15-2018, 08:28 AM
That is spot on. I vote Republican 98% of the time, yet I could not bring myself to vote for Trump. The thing I did not like about him were some of his business dealings, while all legal it seems a few times he gamed the system with the handful of bankruptcies, when he easily could have paid off the debts with his spare change. Business bankruptcies of larger businesses many times save themselves on the backs of the little guy. The GM and Chrysler bankruptcies put a lot of their tier 2 and 3 suppliers out of business. That never seems to get mentioned, I belong to a machinist forum where a lot of those people worked.

I actually watched a PBS show the night before the election that gave two hours chronicling the lives of both candidates. I actually watched with an open mind looking to pick the lesser of two evils. I made up my mind and wrote in "Will Seemore" the next day.

I probably would have voted for Bernie even though I disagree with 90% of his positions. He seems unbelievably honest for a politician and I figure congress would keep him in check.

I know people who voted for Hillary while claiming her as unlikable and untrustworthy.

I lodged a protest vote and looking back feel just as good about it now as I did then.

Had there been a viable 3rd party candidate who was articulate with a fleshed out platform I would have voted for them regardless of their stance on issues.

Inner Dirt
03-15-2018, 09:10 AM
I lodged a protest vote and looking back feel just as good about it now as I did then.

Had there been a viable 3rd party candidate who was articulate with a fleshed out platform I would have voted for them regardless of their stance on issues.

I also went to all the 3rd party candidates websites and read up on them. I thought they were all insane and could not vote for them either. My protest vote actually held up my precinct for almost an hour. The processing machine would not accept my completed ballot. The machine was not configured to take ballots with write ins. They only had one machine in the precinct so they had to call someone to come work one it.

Tom
03-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Um...I sure you know that Mexico doesn't have a wall and/or barbwire fence at its southern border, let alone one with towers and armed guards. Right?

https://splinternews.com/as-mexico-tightens-its-southern-border-central-america-1793847332

;):lol: Sarcasm for mostie.

They DO have very strict immigration laws, though.
We would do well to look at thiers.

FakeNameChanged
03-15-2018, 11:19 AM
While it may not apply to wall scalers as yet, I've seen $$ drones used for Agric. spraying and "other stuff" with 70-100 Kg payload capabilities. Rather than dig tunnels, drones would be the easy way to get drugs over any wall. I have a friend whose husband and son, both ex-military, who have become very proficient in flying their drones over sporting and other events to take aerial pictures. They've improved their flying, landing, and hover skills in a very short order.