PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania 18th

_______
03-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Anyone else watching tonight? Should start getting results about 820pm Eastern.

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2018, 08:09 PM
No idea something was even happening, that's how little I pay attention lately, other than what's posted here...is this going to be another chance for Dems to brag about the coming "Blue Tsunami" at the end of this year?

_______
03-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Trump won the district by double digits in 2016 and Democrats didn’t even bother fielding a candidate for Congress so unless it’s a Republican blowout, you’ll probably hear some more about it being a bad sign.

jocko699
03-13-2018, 08:21 PM
Trump won the district by double digits in 2016 and Democrats didn’t even bother fielding a candidate for Congress so unless it’s a Republican blowout, you’ll probably hear some more about it being a bad sign.

I am sure the media will. After all they rarely if other say anything negative about the POTUS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
03-13-2018, 08:45 PM
No idea something was even happening, that's how little I pay attention lately, other than what's posted here...is this going to be another chance for Dems to brag about the coming "Blue Tsunami" at the end of this year?

If this winds up being close or the Dems win it...

Yes its an indicator the GOP is going to get steamrolled.

_______
03-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Allegheny County reporting first. It’s the most Democratic of the four counties in this district. Lamb is outperforming expectations there but there still a lot of red precincts in Greene, Westmoreland, and Washington County to be counted.

_______
03-13-2018, 08:57 PM
No votes from Westmoreland so far. It was 1/3 of the district vote in 2016. It had a +35 Republican lean in that election. Hard to say much about results until you start to see some of these precincts come in.

_______
03-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Westmoreland is starting to come in. Right now it looks like Saccone edge there might not make up for Lamb’s advantage in Allegheny.

Looks like a tight race as predicted.

_______
03-13-2018, 09:38 PM
Not sure what is going on but you can’t get precinct level results from Westmoreland now.

_______
03-13-2018, 09:50 PM
87% of the vote in and Lamb is up by 1.4%. But without knowing where the remaining votes to be counted are from, there isn’t any context. All you are getting is an aggregate Westmoreland County vote. They show 88% of the County has reported but it isn’t homogeneous. It matters what part of Westmoreland is still out.

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2018, 09:51 PM
A few years ago, I might have been more into this sort of stuff...but a good part of me really doesn't care what happens...

Like ely said a little while ago (I think it was you), I just want to watch the world burn...:lol:

elysiantraveller
03-13-2018, 09:54 PM
A few years ago, I might have been more into this sort of stuff...but a good part of me really doesn't care what happens...

Like ely said a little while ago (I think it was you), I just want to watch the world burn...:lol:

Smoke'em if ya got'em :cool::cool::cool:

_______
03-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Lamb up 0.4% with 94% reporting. Expect a recount no matter who wins.

elysiantraveller
03-13-2018, 09:55 PM

The real takeaway of this, regardless of outcome at this point, is the GOP is gonna get trounced in the midterms.

_______
03-13-2018, 09:57 PM
I have always enjoyed the nuts and bolts of election campaigns. Not sure where the obsession comes from, but I’ve always been into it.

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2018, 10:00 PM
The real takeaway of this, regardless of outcome at this point, is the GOP is gonna get trounced in the midterms.At least this is a prediction I can hold you to.

_______
03-13-2018, 10:01 PM
The real takeaway of this, regardless of outcome at this point, is the GOP is gonna get trounced in the midterms.

I think there is still time. The economy could float enough Republicans that they retain control of the House.

There is no doubt that Democrats have outperformed in every special election since Trump won. That’s not a good sign.

elysiantraveller
03-13-2018, 10:01 PM
I have always enjoyed the nuts and bolts of election campaigns. Not sure where the obsession comes from, but I’ve always been into it.

What I think will be really interesting is seeing how this shapes up for the fall and the results afterward.

Who is Trump going to invest considerable effort into like this race? Where isn't he going to? Which GOP candidates won't want him to?

And then how those groups perform in November.

_______
03-13-2018, 10:09 PM
What I think will be really interesting is seeing how this shapes up for the fall and the results afterward.

Who is Trump going to invest considerable effort into like this race? Where isn't he going to? Which GOP candidates won't want him to?

And then how those groups perform in November.

He’ll spend his time in the Industrial Midwest and South where he can do some good. There will be a lot of Republicans in the West that will want his endorsement before the primary and then distance themselves after.

For the most part, this is Trump’s Party now. I’m not sure there is a reasonable path to Republican victory without him.

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2018, 10:16 PM
There is no doubt that Democrats have outperformed in every special election since Trump won. That’s not a good sign.Didn't they lose every one of the first four or five? I remember they kept losing and losing...how many have they won that they weren't supposed to?

One? Two? More?

_______
03-13-2018, 10:18 PM
Right now the difference in votes is less than that received by the Libertarian candidate.

_______
03-13-2018, 10:25 PM
Didn't they lose every one of the first four or five? I remember they kept losing and losing...how many have they won that they weren't supposed to?

One? Two? More?

It’s not just winning or losing. This district today is an example. It’s probably redder than Alabama was in the Moore election. Lamb may very well lose but putting in play a district this red tells you that the variance from the normal partisan lean is fairly extreme.

Democrats haven’t even bothered running a candidate here since 2012.

If a Republican lost a tight race in San Francisco, that would be bad news for Democrats. The Democratic losses you reference were all out performances of the expected partisan lean of their districts.

_______
03-13-2018, 10:27 PM
215,000 plus votes counted. 98% of precincts reporting. Lamb ahead by less than 600 votes.

Clocker
03-13-2018, 10:35 PM
215,000 plus votes counted. 98% of precincts reporting. Lamb ahead by less than 600 votes.
The Dems have always got some "lost" ballots somewhere, waiting to be discovered if needed. I trust they were smart enough to hire Rahm Emanuel or one of his Chicago guys as a consultant.

elysiantraveller
03-13-2018, 10:46 PM
For the most part, this is Trump’s Party now. I’m not sure there is a reasonable path to Republican victory without him.

I not sure there is a Republican path to victory regardless of him at this point.

What I think will be interesting is how the groups in the questions i asked perform relative to their PPs.

It will be an interesting glimpse into how the GOP will shift it's platform going forward.

_______
03-13-2018, 10:46 PM
The Dems have always got some "lost" ballots somewhere, waiting to be discovered if needed. I trust they were smart enough to hire Rahm Emanuel or one of his Chicago guys as a consultant.

The oddity in precinct level results being unavailable was in the heaviest Republican County in the district. Right now I can see that 99% of those precincts have reported but I have no idea which is the 1% that hasn’t.

Washington County has 7% unreported and those remaining should slightly favor Saccone. Another 1% is in Allegheny and those will break to Lamb. The counties aren’t the same population. Washington has about 1/2 the population of Allegheny with Westmoreland in between the other two in population.

It would probably be too tight to call in any circumstance but not knowing where the Westmoreland votes are pending makes it impossible.

_______
03-13-2018, 10:51 PM
All of Allegheny is in with Lamb having a 755 vote lead. If I had to guess, the remaining districts in Washington County won’t give Saccone a lead. It’s definitely broken more blue than in the past and he might actually pick up some votes there.

Wish I knew what was going on in Westmoreland.

_______
03-13-2018, 10:56 PM
2 precincts left in Westmoreland. Lamb ahead by 95 votes.

Clocker
03-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Last I saw, they still have to count the absentee ballots. No indication of how many of those there are, but looks like nothing is final until then.

_______
03-13-2018, 11:02 PM
Last I saw, they still have to count the absentee ballots. No indication of how many of those there are, but looks like nothing is final until then.

Good point. Absentee ballots received by Election Day are already counted. I’m not sure how long Pennsylvania allows for ballots afterwards, if any period.

davew
03-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Within 70 votes but a couple thousand absentee ballots counted tomorrow...

elysiantraveller
03-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Recount pending but it appears Lamb has it....

Crazy.

_______
03-13-2018, 11:20 PM
I’m seeing a lead of over 800 votes now. Still 2 precincts pending. Went out for a walk and came back to a fairly large change. Weird.

Clocker
03-13-2018, 11:23 PM
I’m seeing a lead of over 800 votes now. Still 2 precincts pending. Went out for a walk and came back to a fairly large change. Weird.

Chicago comes through in the stretch. :p

JustRalph
03-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Lots of Repubs voting for the Dem?

“The reason I put Lamb’s party ID in quotes is because he’s all but unrecognizable as a Democrat. He’s pro-gun (opposed to a ban on assault weapons), personally pro-life, has nothing nice to say about Nancy Pelosi and nothing bad to say about Donald Trump. For all intents and purposes he’s a moderate Republican, at least until the vote tonight is over. So who cares who wins this race?”

Interesting candidate. Also reading that Trump hated the Repub?

_______
03-13-2018, 11:56 PM

Absentee ballots counted from Allegheny County accounted for the jump.

There are 203 absentee ballots from Greene, 1190 from Washington, and 1808 from Westmoreland to be counted in the next few days.

Votes Election Day in Greene went 58.3% for Saccone, 53.7% in Washington, 57.5% in Westmoreland.

That would be a pick up of 33 votes in Greene, 88 in Washington, and 270 in Westmoreland if the absentee votes break the same. That would give Saccone about 1/2 the votes he needs to overtake Lamb.

I have no idea if the absentee ballots break red or blue compared to the overall electorate. Would need a very heavy red tilt to give Saccone the win.

_______
03-14-2018, 12:01 AM
All precincts in. Lamb by 579 pending absentee ballots from 3 counties above.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2018, 12:07 AM
Here's a serious question for you guys who might know better than me.

You guys that crow about these areas that voted so heavily for Trump but are now backing away from Republicans.

Why do you think that is?

Is it Trump? He's NOT any DIFFERENT then the guy they voted for...they GOT what they VOTED for, pretty much...wouldn't you say?

So what is it? The country is doing quite well by all metrics since Trump took office.

So what is it? Serious, serious question. I'd love to know.

I'm pretty sure you guys will come up with SOME answer...but I'm guessing deep in your gut, you have not a clue why this would happen.

There is absolutely zero valid reason for it. My guess is, somehow, someway, the Dems are way more motivated than Republicans...and they are getting out the vote way more effectively...and perhaps creating lots of votes, somehow, along the way.

But there will never be a special counsel investigating that kind of election tampering...no sir.

Russia spook, on the other hand...that gets a special counsel...some ads on Facebook and Twitter gets a special counsel...

LULZ

ElKabong
03-14-2018, 12:08 AM
Good point. Absentee ballots received by Election Day are already counted. I’m not sure how long Pennsylvania allows for ballots afterwards, if any period.

Msnbc reporting slightly less than 1500 absentee ballots to be counted.

ElKabong
03-14-2018, 12:21 AM

You guys that crow about these areas that voted so heavily for Trump but are now backing away from Republicans.

Is it Trump? He's NOT any DIFFERENT then the guy they voted for...they GOT what they VOTED for, pretty much...wouldn't you say?

So what is it? The country is doing quite well by all metrics since Trump took office.

I'm pretty sure you guys will come up with SOME answer...but I'm guessing deep in your gut, you have not a clue why this would happen.

Answer... Fourth paragraph, first sentence... Affirmative.

Trump was elected because he wasn't Hilary Clinton. Simple as that. People like me that voted for him did so while holding our noses. Since the election, he's been the shithole Potus we knew he'd be and the nation has grown tired of his tweets, quick trigger firings, and his ever increasing disgrace to the office by his personality and lack of class.

Obama won only because he ran against a weak candidate plus a scary financial downfall that made anyone that looked like an outsider, appealing. He was a shithole of a candidate... Same for trump. He never was a good candidate. He was fortunate to run against a woman who was corrupt, didn't get her fat ass on a plane to blue Midwest states, and passed out in broad daylight in Manhattan.

Btw, the pubbie might still win this election tonight, it's very close. But trump is killing the Republican Party.

davew
03-14-2018, 12:37 AM
.... just like 0bama killed the dims.

the radical left has to become more moderate to win.

mrhorseplayer
03-14-2018, 12:41 AM

Trump was elected because he wasn't Hilary Clinton. Simple as that. People like me that voted for him did so while holding our noses. Since the election, he's been the shithole Potus we knew he'd be and the nation has grown tired of his tweets, quick trigger firings, and his ever increasing disgrace to the office by his personality and lack of class.

Obama won only because he ran against a weak candidate plus a scary financial downfall that made anyone that looked like an outsider, appealing. He was a shithole of a candidate... Same for trump. He never was a good candidate. He was fortunate to run against a woman who was corrupt, didn't get her fat ass on a plane to blue Midwest states, and passed out in broad daylight in Manhattan.

Btw, the pubbie might still win this election tonight, it's very close. But trump is killing the Republican Party.

speak for yourself not the nation.

most the nation is happy with his firings, and its your opinion of his personality and class however thats not everyones opinion.

President Trump will win in 2020

_______
03-14-2018, 12:42 AM

There is absolutely zero valid reason for it. My guess is, somehow, someway, the Dems are way more motivated than Republicans...and they are getting out the vote way more effectively...and perhaps creating lots of votes, somehow, along the way.

But there will never be a special counsel investigating that kind of election tampering...no sir.

Russia spook, on the other hand...that gets a special counsel...some ads on Facebook and Twitter gets a special counsel...

LULZ

Part of this is just the normal circadian rhythm of American politics. The party in power loses seats in off year elections. That has been going on our entire lives. This year is no different.

But there is also a consequence to being an unpopular President. Those losses are going to be magnified if most of the electorate dislikes the poster boy for the party in power. Trump’s low ratings are easy to explain to anyone except one of his supporters. I’m done getting in useless arguments here so you’ll just have to take my word that despite how you and many others feel, more of the country dislikes his leadership.

As to why this particular district swung so far in favor of Trump 2 years ago and is less enthusiastic today, I’d say it’s probably the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama in 2008 and then a Republican in 2010. They wanted a change and then when faced with the concrete consequences of that change, reconsidered.

Clocker
03-14-2018, 12:46 AM

This and more. A lot of voters leaning left didn't bother to vote because Hillary was just too annoying (and was not Obama), the Clintons were just too greedy and toxic, and they thought Trump losing was a no-brainer.

Also, Trump fired up the "alt-right" vote, the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more" crowd. They took him at his word that he was going to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with something terrific. That he would build a wall and deport 12 million illegals and let the good ones back in. That he would put 45% tariffs on China and bring back hundreds of thousands of American jobs.

I think a lot of those folks didn't vote regularly, and they voted for Trump, and their lives haven't change, and they have gone back to not voting. Especially in special elections they don't know and don't care about.

So we are back to "normal", where special elections are determined by a very small minority of regular, partisan voters.

Will the alt-right voters come back in 2018? I doubt it. In 2020? Depends on how emotional the issues get. Will the Dems put up a charismatic candidate like Obama who will bring out a lot of folks that don't regularly vote? Name one. :D

Clocker
03-14-2018, 12:51 AM
But there is also a consequence to being an unpopular President. Those losses are going to be magnified if most of the electorate dislikes the poster boy for the party in power. Trump’s low ratings are easy to explain to anyone except one of his supporters.

Real Clear Politics survey of current polls puts Trump at 54% disapprove, 41% approve.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#!

Striker
03-14-2018, 12:59 AM
Lots of Repubs voting for the Dem?

“The reason I put Lamb’s party ID in quotes is because he’s all but unrecognizable as a Democrat. He’s pro-gun (opposed to a ban on assault weapons), personally pro-life, has nothing nice to say about Nancy Pelosi and nothing bad to say about Donald Trump. For all intents and purposes he’s a moderate Republican, at least until the vote tonight is over. So who cares who wins this race?”

Interesting candidate. Also reading that Trump hated the Repub?

And whoever wins probably only holds the seat until November anyways due to the Penn Supreme Court ruling the House district map was gerrymandered unlawfully. So the winner from tonight might have to run again in a new district in November.

jocko699
03-14-2018, 01:05 AM
And whoever wins probably only holds the seat until November anyways due to the Penn Supreme Court ruling the House district map was gerrymandered unlawfully. So the winner from tonight might have to run again in a new district in November.

Very good point Striker

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2018, 01:19 AM
Part of this is just the normal circadian rhythm of American politics. The party in power loses seats in off year elections. That has been going on our entire lives. This year is no different.

But there is also a consequence to being an unpopular President. Those losses are going to be magnified if most of the electorate dislikes the poster boy for the party in power. Trump’s low ratings are easy to explain to anyone except one of his supporters. I’m done getting in useless arguments here so you’ll just have to take my word that despite how you and many others feel, more of the country dislikes his leadership.

As to why this particular district swung so far in favor of Trump 2 years ago and is less enthusiastic today, I’d say it’s probably the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama in 2008 and then a Republican in 2010. They wanted a change and then when faced with the concrete consequences of that change, reconsidered.Why would he be unpopular in this district that voted for him? Those in this election that took place tonight. You keep telling me Trump won this place gangbusters. Trump's been exactly who they voted for...and the country IS doing well.

So why would it be TRUMP who turned these voters? Unless this really isn't a Republican district, but like a lot of "normally Democrat" places, decided to vote for Trump because they felt ignored by Clinton.

Was tonight's election in a staunch Republican district? They've always voted Republican, but all of a sudden tonight, they voted Dem (or close to it)?

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2018, 01:20 AM
As to why this particular district swung so far in favor of Trump 2 years ago and is less enthusiastic today, I’d say it’s probably the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama in 2008 and then a Republican in 2010. They wanted a change and then when faced with the concrete consequences of that change, reconsidered.Yes, but why want a change? After a year? Is the economy going to shit? Do they have less in their paycheck? Unemployment soaring?

Why would they want a change all of a sudden.

Again, makes no sense.

biggestal99
03-14-2018, 06:45 AM
Yes, but why want a change? After a year? Is the economy going to shit? Do they have less in their paycheck? Unemployment soaring?

Again, makes no sense.

1. One year of the trump presidency.

2. Lamb was a strong candidate—pro union

3. Saccone was a weak candidate-anti union

Trump was polling 49% approval rating in the district.

Allan

lamboguy
03-14-2018, 07:52 AM
the loser republican spent $14 million, and more astonishing is that the democrat had to spend $4 million to defeat a guy that didn't belong in the race.

in the end, this guy Lamb is as close a spitting image to Trump as there is. but he might have won, but we all lost. when it takes that kind of money to persuade the voters you know the guys on the inside got something up their sleeves to fleece us out of our cash.

lamboguy
03-14-2018, 07:56 AM
speak for yourself not the nation.

most the nation is happy with his firings, and its your opinion of his personality and class however thats not everyones opinion.

President Trump will win in 2020i agree, but he might run as a democrat, he seems to be having to many problems with the republicans these days.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2018, 09:49 AM
1. One year of the trump presidency.

2. Lamb was a strong candidate—pro union

3. Saccone was a weak candidate-anti union

Trump was polling 49% approval rating in the district.

Allan1) Trump - these people voted for Trump...Trump is Trump...hasn't changed...and the world hasn't ended...USA doing pretty well actually...I still don't get how Trump can be a negative factor in a place that voted for Trump.

2) & 3) OK...that starts to make a little more sense

As for polls, I can't put much stock into them lately...

barahona44
03-14-2018, 09:58 AM

Trounced might be too strong a word.Lamb was a solid candidate and he ran towards the center (pay attention DNC) and and I read an article somewhere (may have been here on PA) that the GOP was quite frustrated with Saccone-he was a blah candidate,and was getting addicted to GOP $$ and organization instead of raising money and organizing on his own. That being said, it is unusual if the party in power DOESN'T lose seats in Congress in the first midterms.People vote for change and if people do not see it right away, they'll go the other way.It may depend on how people in GOP districts feel about Trump.Since he's such a polarizing figure, things will need to be going very,very well for independents and mainline Republicans to vote GOP.Like the man said, good enough is never good enough.

Oh yeah and the DNC needs to treat Bubba and Hillary to a 6 month round-the-world-cruise starting in mid-May.:)

davew
03-14-2018, 10:33 AM
Yes, but why want a change? After a year? Is the economy going to shit? Do they have less in their paycheck? Unemployment soaring?

Again, makes no sense.

Independents that call themselves democrats that say they are pro-gun, pro-life, and anti-Nancy Pelosi, are going to do well in midterms. The question is if elected, how will they vote?

What does this say about the democrat party?

reckless
03-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Conor Lamb campaigned as a Veteran, said he was pro-gun, and promised to vote against Nancy Pelosi.

Rick Saccone is a Veteran and said the exact same things Lamb said about being pro-gun and voting against Pelosi.

The lone difference is Lamb is lying about both the gun issue and his no-Pelosi vote, imo.

Lamb simply ran a better Republican race than Saccone did.

That said, in all reality, by November of this year Lamb will become a footnote.

And even if Saccone wins today thanks to the uncounted votes, he's already a footnote.

JustRalph
03-14-2018, 12:03 PM
PA

I ran into a solid Trump supporter yesterday that said “never again”

He was offended by the tweets and the constant White House Merry go round.

His entire reasoning was personality based. But he also said we have to go away from partisanship and have a moment of coming together. That’s when I realized he doesn’t understand the current climate.......end of discussion.

elysiantraveller
03-14-2018, 12:47 PM

I feel that's a fair assessment but...

- Trump did invest heavily in this race.

- Its steel country and Tariffs were enacted to protect that industry a week ago. Coincidental timing? Hardly.

- Trump made a campaign stop in favor of the GOP candidate over the weekend.

- Saccone wasn't a "bad" candidate and Lamb was a "good" one but that hardly explains the metrics that needed to be overcome.

- The district ALWAYS goes Republican.

The fact is the Republicans and the President put considerable resources into this campaign to lose another one. Imagine what this outcome might have been without the Tariff announcement and Pittsburgh visit.

NJ Stinks
03-14-2018, 01:52 PM

There is absolutely zero valid reason for it.

How blind or oblivious does one have to be to ask these questions. Of course people are sick of the tweets and lack of class your boy exhibits on a daily basis.

Your last line quoted above is priceless. :rolleyes:

lamboguy
03-14-2018, 01:55 PM
when Trump becomes a democrat again you are going to love the tweets like i do.

the man is doing a tremendous job, leave him alone and let him tweet.

biggestal99
03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Conor Lamb campaigned as a Veteran, said he was pro-gun, and promised to vote against Nancy Pelosi.

Rick Saccone is a Veteran and said the exact same things Lamb said about being pro-gun and voting against Pelosi.

The lone difference is Lamb is lying about both the gun issue and his no-Pelosi vote, imo.

Lamb simply ran a better Republican race than Saccone did.

That said, in all reality, by November of this year Lamb will become a footnote.

And even if Saccone wins today thanks to the uncounted votes, he's already a footnote.

Its over. Lamb has won. all the votes are counted and Lamb leads by 627 votes.

Recount if you want, it wont change the fact the this

Pro-union, Pro-choice, Pro-Obamacare Candidate ripped Trumps candidate a new one.

and Lamb will be running in the newly created 17th come November (and he will win). He is way too good of a candidate to lose.

Denial is a river in Eygpt.

Allan

biggestal99
03-14-2018, 02:28 PM
I feel that's a fair assessment but...

- Trump did invest heavily in this race.

- Its steel country and Tariffs were enacted to protect that industry a week ago. Coincidental timing? Hardly.

- Trump made a campaign stop in favor of the GOP candidate over the weekend.

- Saccone wasn't a "bad" candidate and Lamb was a "good" one but that hardly explains the metrics that needed to be overcome.

- The district ALWAYS goes Republican.

The fact is the Republicans and the President put considerable resources into this campaign to lose another one. Imagine what this outcome might have been without the Tariff announcement and Pittsburgh visit.

The R's sunk 10,000,000 bucks into a district that will only exist for another 8 months.

Thats how desperate they were to hold the seat. desperate I tell you.

its like whipping a tired horse.

Allan

reckless
03-14-2018, 02:40 PM

Pro-union, Pro-choice, Pro-Obamacare Candidate ripped Trumps candidate a new one.

and Lamb will be running in the newly created 17th come November (and he will win). He is way too good of a candidate to lose.

Allan

I was making some points about the election.

I was most certainly not cheering for Saccone. As I said Lamb and Saccone said the exact same things.

Only the Democrats there bought Lamb's lies. He'll tote the party line about gun control every time it comes up. I am sure you'll remind us when he does too. :lol:

The race wasn't officially over when I made my post. That's why I made my qualifier about recounts. Since you didn't comprehend what I did write, I added 'even if' Saccone won, he's a footnote already. It was a knock. I guess it's tough for guys like you to understand.

Cavones could chortle all they want. It means nothing to me. I didn't give a shat either way.

Lamb, Saccone and Pennsylvania CD 18 are all footnotes already.

Tom
03-14-2018, 03:51 PM
What an exciting evening you guys had!
Sorry I missed it.

Say, listen, I'm thinking of painting a shelf in the basement today. You are all welcome to stop by and watch the paint dry if want to!:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

PM me for directions.

Man, so many here trying desperately to find a shred of their lost dignity in these things! :pound::pound::pound:

Clocker
03-14-2018, 08:52 PM

No, the White House says that the Democrat won an upset victory because he embraced Trump's policies and rejected those of Nancy Pelosi. :lol:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378449-white-house-says-dems-upset-win-came-from-embracing-trump-policies

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2018, 10:15 PM
How blind or oblivious does one have to be to ask these questions. Of course people are sick of the tweets and lack of class your boy exhibits on a daily basis.

Your last line quoted above is priceless. :rolleyes:Except we're supposedly talking about people who VOTED FOR DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT.

We're not talking about San Francisco or NYC.

Therein lies the difference, and my VALID, NOT BLIND, questions.

If you voted for DJT, you knew EXACTLY WHAT you were getting. We had the Access Hollywood tapes BEFORE the election. We had the NAME CALLING, the TWEETING, the "making fun of a disabled reporter," ETC ETC ETC all BEFORE they VOTED FOR THE MAN FOR PRESIDENT.

Don't give me this BS that people are all shocked and surprised about the man THEY VOTED FOR. If anyone is BLIND or OBLIVIOUS, it's people who voted for DJT and are now surprised or shocked at what they got.

That's why I'm completely fine with DJT. I voted for him...I knew what I would be getting.

Who are all these dumb-ass Trump voters who thought they were getting somebody else as President?

So again, try and follow along...instead of jumping in to attack me. Don't the left leaners around here frown on people who attack?

I'm feeling bullied...:lol:

Tom
03-15-2018, 11:05 AM
I voted for Trump and have no buyer's remorse at all.
From day one, I knew he was the one and Hillary was not.

Trump came down the big escalator.
Something Hillary could never do! :pound::pound::pound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bqwb54Af3g

davew
03-15-2018, 11:37 AM

Allan

The democrats have found the method to win again :headbanger:

run a white male on the Trump platform.

letswastemoney
03-15-2018, 02:40 PM
It will never happen, but I would love it if a Democrat ran on an anti-illegal immigration platform.

upthecreek
03-16-2018, 10:12 AM
https://twitter.com/r_little_finger/status/974345588274708480

Tom
03-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Libs and math do not go together.
Libs - do not try this at home.

Must be like racing, they had "about" 100% in. :lol:

biggestal99
03-16-2018, 02:24 PM
No, the White House says that the Democrat won an upset victory because he embraced Trump's policies and rejected those of Nancy Pelosi. :lol:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378449-white-house-says-dems-upset-win-came-from-embracing-trump-policies

so riddle me this batman:

why did Trump call the winner "lamb the sham" nights before the election.

from a Pelosi supporter to a rejector of peolosi in one fell swoop.

Allan

biggestal99
03-16-2018, 02:35 PM
The democrats have found the method to win again :headbanger:

run a white male on the Trump platform.

well I disagree about Lamb running on Trump's platform

But the one undeniable fact.

is the dems are running superior candidates in house races.

Look who they are running NJ 11. they are running a naval pilot with impeccable credentials.

https://www.mikiesherrill.com/

Find a flaw with this candidate.

You cant and shes gonna win

Allan

davew
03-16-2018, 02:36 PM

Allan

Because he thinks Lamb will block vote with the dims, regardless of what he said in the campaign. Time will tell.

Clocker
03-16-2018, 02:53 PM

Allan

He's covered either way. If the Pub wins, it's because Trump campaigned for him. If the Dem wins, it's because the Dem tricked people into believing he favored Trump policies.

In either case The Donald claims his policies won the election, transcending both candidates.

Clocker
03-16-2018, 04:06 PM
Except we're supposedly talking about people who VOTED FOR DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT.

I think we are not talking about those people.

I'd bet that most of the alt-right that was fired up about Trump didn't vote this time. And that a lot of left-leaners that were put off by Hillary and stayed home came out again to vote Democratic.

horses4courses
03-18-2018, 10:16 PM
trump is killing the Republican Party.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYg5NpxVMAAmp0D.jpg:small

davew
03-18-2018, 10:31 PM
wow, just wow

https://pics.onsizzle.com/barack-obama-destroyed-the-democratic-party-dixon-diaz-when-he-9520764.png

incoming
03-19-2018, 12:32 AM
My analysis of the Pa election only backs up my overall view of the majority of the voting public.....ALL long term incumbents must go, regardless of party. :popcorn::popcorn:

Clocker
03-19-2018, 01:47 AM
My analysis of the Pa election only backs up my overall view of the majority of the voting public.....ALL long term incumbents must go, regardless of party. :popcorn::popcorn:

Most people would agree with you on that. Except of course for their guy, who has been in office for years and years, and really looks out for their interests. But the rest of those worthless bastages have to go. :rolleyes:

Clocker
03-19-2018, 01:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYg5NpxVMAAmp0D.jpg:small

Dear Democrats:

You have no one to blame for Donald Trump except yourselves. Any marginally competent and credible candidate would have won in a landslide. How bad does a candidate have to be to lose to The Donald?

Well, now we know. :D

Tom
03-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Dear Democrats:

You have no one to blame for Donald Trump except yourselves. Any marginally competent and credible candidate would have won in a landslide. How bad does a candidate have to be to lose to The Donald?

Now Clocker.
This has gone on long enough.
I think it is time we curbed all these insults about Hillary.
:lol::lol::lol:

FantasticDan
03-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Dear Democrats:

Also says something about the 16 republican candidates than ran against the Donald to gain the nomination, doesn't it?

Or maybe it doesn't. Maybe it says more about the people doing the voting.

I'm going with the combo platter. :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Of course part of the winning is seeing those other GOP dorks fall in defeat.

Your point?

Donald waged a smart, winning campaign.
He beat a lot of total losers.

And Hillary leads the pack.
I still have your post from election night, printed out and on my wall - read it every morning with my coffee. Not sure which I get more a kick out of! :pound::pound:

FantasticDan
03-19-2018, 10:54 AM
I still have your post from election night, printed out and on my wall - read it every morning with my coffee.Oh, cool. Can you read it back to me? I'd like to know what I said compared to how things have turned out. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
03-19-2018, 12:58 PM
Also says something about the 16 republican candidates than ran against the Donald to gain the nomination, doesn't it?

Or maybe it doesn't. Maybe it says more about the people doing the voting.

I'm going with the combo platter. :ThmbUp:

People in a democracy get the government they deserve.