PDA

View Full Version : Browns get Tyrod Taylor

JustRalph
03-09-2018, 06:53 PM
This is going to be fun to watch the Browns try to build a team

I think they should stick with players named after car parts

barahona44
03-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Browns have two things: a ton of draft picks (#1 and 4 in the first round and three in the second round)and even after paying Taylor (placeholder QB for whoever they draft as their future quarterback) and Jarvis Landry they still have 81 million in cap space.They need a different head coach but they were competitive in most of their games last year.IF they draft and spend wisely, this team could be something to be reckoned with in a couple of years.

kingfin66
03-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Mark my words, they are going to screw it up. Well, they may not screw it up, but things will not roll out the way they think. A draft pick will get injured, or get in trouble. Or they will make a dumb trade. They are the Browns, and the they from Cleveland. Don't get your hopes up.

barahona44
03-09-2018, 09:52 PM
Mark my words, they are going to screw it up. Well, they may not screw it up, but things will not roll out the way they think. A draft pick will get injured, or get in trouble. Or they will make a dumb trade. They are the Browns, and the they from Cleveland. Don't get your hopes up.

The Cavaliers and Indians have done pretty well lately.:D

kingfin66
03-10-2018, 12:34 AM
Did the Indians win a World Series and I just missed it? I recall a major choke against the Cubbies. :lol: Yes, Cleveland did get it done, but I still believe that this 30 for 30 has more relevance. Take some time to watch it and bring yourself up to speed a little bit.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4b4sw9

Robert Fischer
03-11-2018, 01:59 PM
I'd love to see an NFL team employ some creative 'moneyball' and build a team.

Where the hell did Jacksonville come from this year? I didn't pay enough attention to know whether it was due to smart strategy, but they went from Brown-level to wildcard/respectable. They were able to bully the Steelers.

Secondbest
03-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Hue Jackson is what 1-31 in two years. How can you win with that kind of coaching?

Lemon Drop Husker
03-11-2018, 02:09 PM

Where the hell did Jacksonville come from this year? I didn't pay enough attention to know whether it was due to smart strategy, but they went from Brown-level to wildcard/respectable. They were able to bully the Steelers.

Defense. They have a ton of 1st/2nd/3rd rounders on D that grew up this year. They are young, and they are fast.

Give Jax a real QB, and watch out.

As for Cleveland? They have been floundering forever. Amazing how bad they have been with all the help of #1 or 2 or 3 overall picks for nearly 2 decades.

I do believe, however, there are winds of change there as well. 0-16 to the playoffs the next year? Maybe not. But 2019 shouldn't be out of the question.

Robert Fischer
03-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Defense. They have a ton of 1st/2nd/3rd rounders on D that grew up this year. They are young, and they are fast.

Give Jax a real QB, and watch out.

As for Cleveland? They have been floundering forever. Amazing how bad they have been with all the help of #1 or 2 or 3 overall picks for nearly 2 decades.

I do believe, however, there are winds of change there as well. 0-16 to the playoffs the next year? Maybe not. But 2019 shouldn't be out of the question.

Just off the top of my head Joe Haden(cornerback), whats his name the WR- oh Josh Gordon, Terrell Pryor, Joe Thomas(lineman), the pick that they selected Johnny 'football' Manziel with, etc... = a lot of wasted talent

I remember when they were at least respectable with Bernie Kosar @ QB and the backfield of Byner and Mack

barahona44
03-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Just off the top of my head Joe Haden(cornerback), whats his name the WR- oh Josh Gordon, Terrell Pryor, Joe Thomas(lineman), the pick that they selected Johnny 'football' Manziel with, etc... = a lot of wasted talent

I remember when they were at least respectable with Bernie Kosar @ QB and the backfield of Byner and Mack

The Kosar-Byner-Mack Browns were the franchise that later became the Ravens.The "new" Browns unfortunately have a meddling owner in Jimmy Haslam,( who also owns the Pilot-Flying J truck stop chain) who keeps hiring lousy coaches.and worse front office people.He finally has a halfway decent GM in John Dorsey (ex Chiefs GM who lost a power struggle with Andy Reid last year) but insisted that 1-31 coach Hue Jackson be retained.If Haslam can stop intefering and let the football people make the decisions, they might be something in a couple of years.The AFC North ain't what it used to be.

Valuist
03-12-2018, 02:04 PM
If one looks past just the win/loss record the past 2 years, there are some decent players on the Browns. Their biggest problem? Terrible QB play, specifically way too many INTs and fumbles. Tyrod Taylor may not be a Hall of Famer, but he is very good at not turning the ball over. The Browns just had a huge upgrade at the QB position and could take the top RB (Barkley) in the draft as well as add the 4th pick. This team will be competitive in 2018.

Valuist
03-12-2018, 02:08 PM

As for Moneyball, Cleveland is doing it. Paul DePodesta, who was Billy Beane's assistant with the A's, is the GM for the Browns (yes, switching sports).

It was a collection of very good defensive players and adding a piece or two for Jax. The Jags had the very best pass defense in both QB rating against and pass yardage and were 2nd in sacks. On the offensive side, Leonard Fournette was a very big addition at RB.

Football Outsiders nailed predictions on both Jacksonville and the Rams as being the two most improved teams.

proximity
03-12-2018, 07:35 PM
the head coach is ultimately accountable but back towards the beginning of the month they were really ripping defensive coordinator gregg williams and his "angel" scheme on @sharpfootball:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/969326549848723456

they were pretty solid against the long pass for two games but i remember before they played the colts in game 3 that ty hilton guaranteed victory and i think ty knew that he would beat the angel deep. after that it seemed everyone was beating it.

burnsy
03-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Being a Bills fan, I'm wondering who they get. Plus, they are damn near as wretched as the Browns when it comes to QB's. So, this could be yet another Bozo move by the Bills. My fear is the Bills will acquire a washed up vet or one of these rookies out of the draft that goes flop. The media hype around the QB's is "best class since 1983"........give me a break. Seems like the "experts" say this every year! Out of the top 5 prospects every one of them has problems with injury or holes in their game. If the Bills don't do right by this move, history says they won't. We will be sucking again. Anything less than a playoff appearance in the weak ass AFC is unforgivable.

barahona44
03-14-2018, 11:34 AM
Patriots lost Nate Solder (grossly overpaid by the Giants- he's now the highest paid lineman in the NFL and has never played in the Pro Bowl), Malcolm "Put Me In, Coach" Butler and Dion Lewis to the Titans and Danny Amaedola to Miami.Looks like Bellichik's policy of underpaying players and "taking one for the team" is starting to unravel especially after the Super Bowl loss.They'll still make the playoffs because the AFC East is so weakass but I think the B & B Super Bowl dynasty has come to an end.

burnsy
03-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Patriots lost Nate Solder (grossly overpaid by the Giants- he's now the highest paid lineman in the NFL and has never played in the Pro Bowl), Malcolm "Put Me In, Coach" Butler and Dion Lewis to the Titans and Danny Amaedola to Miami.Looks like Bellichik's policy of underpaying players and "taking one for the team" is starting to unravel especially after the Super Bowl loss.They'll still make the playoffs because the AFC East is so weakass but I think the B & B Super Bowl dynasty has come to an end.

The thing about sports is it mimics real life and nature. Nothing last forever. The best way to win at betting is to stick to reality. The world is harsh and unforgiving. The strong grow old and the young grow strong. Its survival of the fittest in the end. The picture the media paints of these individuals and teams as being "super human" or Super Hero's because they are highly successful is fleeting. No one out lives mortality. Once you've been following sports for as long as i have. Its like "The Lion King", the cycle of life. The jug heads were debating whether Brady would win another before he retires.......its a huge underlay if you have any sense. Whether he does it or not. Look at these retired players getting old and suing. The hope should be now that he gets out in one piece. This is a young mans game. Brutal, punishing..........these guys need to learn....get in....make a mark and money then get out. Sticking around too long is a good recipe for disaster....but they beat the odds most of their life just to make it, so they feel invincible.

ultracapper
03-15-2018, 12:25 AM
Kind of refreshing that the Browns stuck with Jackson. I have no idea if Jackson has a long term plan that the franchise as a whole believes in, but that would be the only sensible reason to hold on to a HC that has 1 victory in 2 seasons.

burnsy
03-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Kind of refreshing that the Browns stuck with Jackson. I have no idea if Jackson has a long term plan that the franchise as a whole believes in, but that would be the only sensible reason to hold on to a HC that has 1 victory in 2 seasons.

Agree, could be a good thing. They're deal of playing "musical chairs" with coaches definitely was not working. All the good teams have a couple things in common, a stable coaching situation and a stable QB.

Speaking of which, the Bills acquired AJ McCarron last night. A guy with 133 pass attempts in 3 seasons. Didn't throw a pass in 2016, can't beat out Howdy Doody at QB for Bengals and from a team that is a perennial under achiever themselves. We may be wishing for Tyrod back after the first month if this doesn't pan out. As the Bills take another "cheap shot" to fill the big position. He was pretty good in college, there's a chance he'll be ok, but its a long shot. I wish they would of spent the money and picks it would of taken to get some one more proven if they were letting Tyrod go. If you are a Bills fan hang on to your hat..................once again! :D

barahona44
03-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Agree, could be a good thing. They're deal of playing "musical chairs" with coaches definitely was not working. All the good teams have a couple things in common, a stable coaching situation and a stable QB.

Speaking of which, the Bills acquired AJ McCarron last night. A guy with 133 pass attempts in 3 seasons. Didn't throw a pass in 2016, can't beat out Howdy Doody at QB for Bengals and from a team that is a perennial under achiever themselves. We may be wishing for Tyrod back after the first month if this doesn't pan out. As the Bills take another "cheap shot" to fill the big position. He was pretty good in college, there's a chance he'll be ok, but its a long shot. I wish they would of spent the money and picks it would of taken to get some one more proven if they were letting Tyrod go. If you are a Bills fan hang on to your hat..................once again! :D

Speculation is that the Bills will take their plethora of draft picks will trade up to the Top 4.There's no consensus # 1 QB, some say Rosen, some say Allen, others Darnold and there's even a handful of support for Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson.Cleveland might be willing to trade away the #1 overall for all those Bills picks in the first two rounds ( 5, I believe) and pray that who they want is still there at # 4.So if that happens, McCarron might be the placeholder until the rookie is ready.And they have him cheaper than Tyrod Taylor would have cost them if Taylor had played that role.