PDA

View Full Version : Has any POTUS and their family been attacked by the media more than President Trump?

jocko699
03-04-2018, 06:17 PM
Poll

jocko699
03-04-2018, 06:19 PM
I have not seen it in my 52 years on this planet.

Tom
03-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Even Nixon got more respect.
But then, back then, the quality of the media was much higher than what pretends to be journalism today.

Most of the well know folk on TV today would be making coffee in 1972.

horses4courses
03-04-2018, 07:03 PM
What self-respecting, objective, news source would find much to like about him?
The man is a despicable pig.

If I felt obliged to vote, I would vote "no".
He's attacked from all angles, apart from Faux News.
Deservedly so.

Clocker
03-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Has any POTUS and their family been attacked by the media more than President Trump?Or vice versa? :D

Family members working for him are fair game.

jocko699
03-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Or vice versa? :D

Family members working for him are fair game.

That isn't the point of the poll. Fair game? I asked if the media has been more biased EVER against POTUS and their family. Your response is because a few work in the Admin they are fair game.

FantasticDan
03-04-2018, 07:56 PM
Even Nixon got more respect.
Nixon deserved more respect. As do cockroaches. :ThmbUp:

woodtoo
03-04-2018, 08:03 PM

You just had to bring up the Clinton's didn't you.:rant:

horses4courses
03-04-2018, 10:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXcljs_U0AAaoXU.jpg:small

fast4522
03-04-2018, 10:03 PM
You just had to bring up the Clinton's didn't you.:rant:

Not quite with it tonight, he was making reference to himself and his elk.

mostpost
03-04-2018, 10:10 PM
Poll

Has any president ever been more deserving of those attacks.

jocko699
03-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Has any president ever been more deserving of those attacks.

Not the question of the poll Mostie. Please try to follow along, thank you.

elysiantraveller
03-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Of course not... but he brings a lot of it on himself.

storyline
03-04-2018, 11:18 PM

You might be the stupidest person on the planet, congrats - no seriously congrats!!

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2018, 11:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXcljs_U0AAaoXU.jpg:smallHis poll is about the media...not liberals on this board...oh wait...they're kind of one in the same.

Never mind.

horses4courses
03-04-2018, 11:31 PM
His poll is about the media...not liberals on this board...oh wait...they're kind of one in the same.

Never mind.

The media is about ratings - and obtaining them justly.
Of course, there is a slant and bias in presentation.
Any fool can see that. Whether it's Fox News, or CNN.
Neither tells many lies - they just choose what to tell you.

MutuelClerk
03-04-2018, 11:49 PM
Don't twitter trolls bring it on themselves?

P.S. He LOVES it.....

FantasticDan
03-05-2018, 01:30 AM
Not quite with it tonight, he was making reference to himself and his elk.Say what you want about me, but leave my elk out of it :p

jocko699
03-05-2018, 01:47 AM
Say what you want about me, but leave my elk out of it :p

Dan, you like to play but still haven't voted in the poll. You do understand that was the purpose of this.

rastajenk
03-05-2018, 07:45 AM
I voted yes because Lincoln took a lot of abuse, but the times were so fundamentally different that it's hard to compare.

Inner Dirt
03-05-2018, 09:55 AM
I voted yes because Lincoln took a lot of abuse, but the times were so fundamentally different that it's hard to compare.

I give you credit for coming up with that, yet I think percentage of the population wise more people hate Trump than hated Lincoln as I believe the South was much less populated than than the North. Also the depths of what Trump is abused on is off the charts. I doubt there were journalists ripping on Lincoln's choices for what he ate.

biggestal99
03-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Most presidents don't make their daughter and son-in-law senior advisors who cant pass their security clearance.

Hence the questioning of the nepotism involved.

and if everyone is honest Jared has been not the greatest advisor of all time.

Allan

biggestal99
03-05-2018, 11:47 AM

They were lynching Lincoln in effigy and he had to sneak in to washington to be inaugurated. However they really didnt touch his family (mainly becuase they didnt take part in his decisions as president)

Allan

jocko699
03-05-2018, 05:03 PM

I appreciate the honesty there rastajenk. The whole purpose of this poll is whether any POTUS has had the absolute bashing that President Trump has being given by the media.

Tom
03-05-2018, 05:41 PM

You have nothing.
Just blather and the words of others.
Run along and pull the wings off some flies.

Inner Dirt
03-05-2018, 06:09 PM

You have nothing.

:lol::lol::lol: I really have to stop reading your posts while eating or drinking. I damn near spit chili all over my desk.

Clocker
03-05-2018, 06:42 PM
:lol::lol::lol: I really have to stop reading your posts while eating or drinking. I damn near spit chili all over my desk.

Protective clothing is always a good idea in this forum, regardless of what you are reading. :rolleyes:

Tom
03-05-2018, 06:49 PM
"Well, let's take a look and see what Clocker has to say today!"

FantasticDan
03-05-2018, 07:26 PM
You have nothing.
Let's have another poll: who's more likely to pull the wings off some flies, me or Tom? :confused: :confused: :lol:

What do you think Tom's pillow is stuffed with? :lol: :bang:

jocko699
03-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Let's have another poll: who's more likely to pull the wings off some flies, me or Tom? :confused: :confused: :lol:

What do you think Tom's pillow is stuffed with? :lol: :bang:

And you STILL haven't voted.

Clocker
03-05-2018, 07:41 PM
And you STILL haven't voted.

He's a Democrat. They don't vote for free, you know. :rolleyes:

jocko699
03-05-2018, 07:46 PM
He's a Democrat. They don't vote for free, you know. :rolleyes:

Clocker,

Thank you for that, very insightful.

BTW, you haven't voted either.

Clocker
03-05-2018, 07:55 PM
BTW, you haven't voted either.

Oh, but I have! :popcorn:

jocko699
03-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Oh, but I have! :popcorn:

Not in this poll, at least not as Clocker. Do you have an alias?

NJ Stinks
03-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Not in this poll, at least not as Clocker. Do you have an alias?

I heard he's called Counterclockwise by those who know him best. :jump:

jocko699
03-05-2018, 10:20 PM
I heard he's called Counterclockwise by those who know him best. :jump:

Not bad Stinky but you haven't voted either:ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Clocker
03-05-2018, 10:38 PM
I heard he's called Counterclockwise by those who know him best.

Close enough for this crowd. Just remember that the emphasis is on the last syllable. :cool:

NJ Stinks
03-06-2018, 02:37 AM
Not bad Stinky but you haven't voted either:ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

I voted no because of the family part. (Even though his family works in his White House and that's why the whole "family" is picked on.)

hcap
03-06-2018, 03:16 AM
Not quite with it tonight, he was making reference to himself and his elk.Gee calling a prez an "elk" owner is kinda disrespectful. Particularly when the elk is smarter.

Tom
03-06-2018, 10:23 AM
I voted no because of the family part. (Even though his family works in his White House and that's why the whole "family" is picked on.)

That is the whole point here - no one, either party, should be "picked on." The FF did not envision the all important Free Press to be political hacks, as many are today. The idea was that we, the people, needed to have information readily available to us in order to remain free from tyranny.
What we have theses days is 2nd graders having fit on air.

Here's a clue - if you are watching TV and there are more than one person reporting, you are not watching news. That goes for FOX as well. This panel crap is insulting to my intelligence. I need to have facts, nothing more - NEWS.

How man REAL news stories are getting no coverage while a bunch of biases s-hole panelists spout venon from both side of the aisle?

Freedom of the Press has become a joke. What we need is Freedom FROM the Press.

MargieRose
03-06-2018, 04:20 PM
That is the whole point here - no one, either party, should be "picked on." The FF did not envision the all important Free Press to be political hacks, as many are today. The idea was that we, the people, needed to have information readily available to us in order to remain free from tyranny.
What we have theses days is 2nd graders having fit on air.

Here's a clue - if you are watching TV and there are more than one person reporting, you are not watching news. That goes for FOX as well. This panel crap is insulting to my intelligence. I need to have facts, nothing more - NEWS.

How man REAL news stories are getting no coverage while a bunch of biases s-hole panelists spout venon from both side of the aisle?

Freedom of the Press has become a joke. What we need is Freedom FROM the Press.
Check out One America News Network (OANN). It's an excellent 'conservative' news station that reports on a lot of stuff going on around the world that you don't hear about on many of the other major news networks and usually with just one anchor reporting. Very few commercials; lots of American history presented on most of the breaks.

For opinions, there is 'Tipping Point' with Liz Wheeler and 'The Daily Ledger' with Graham Ledger.

http://www.oann.com/

Racetrack Playa
03-06-2018, 04:47 PM
I know Elk are great , he and his ilk , forgetaboutit:popcorn:

jocko699
03-06-2018, 05:00 PM

Stinky,

Thanks for voting and your input:headbanger::headbanger:

jocko699
03-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Check out One America News Network (OANN). It's an excellent 'conservative' news station that reports on a lot of stuff going on around the world that you don't hear about on many of the other major news networks and usually with just one anchor reporting. Very few commercials; lots of American history presented on most of the breaks.

For opinions, there is 'Tipping Point' with Liz Wheeler and 'The Daily Ledger' with Graham Ledger.

http://www.oann.com/

Margie,

You are right about OANN. Very good news site.

Now please vote, thank you.

jocko699
03-06-2018, 05:04 PM
I know Elk are great , he and his ilk , forgetaboutit:popcorn:

Playa,

I see what you did there:headbanger:

Now please vote, thank you.

jocko699
03-06-2018, 05:05 PM
That is the whole point here - no one, either party, should be "picked on."

Tom,

Exactly and thank you for posting this.

HalvOnHorseracing
03-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Not quite with it tonight, he was making reference to himself and his elk.

Everybody makes typing errors, some funnier than others.

Tom
03-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I once started a thread about the Turd Classic! :blush:

My favorite is Eintstein! :lol: