PDA

View Full Version : Federal judge rejects California's lawsuit

Show Me the Wire
02-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Another court ruling update FAnDan missed.

In a victory for the current Administration California's lawsuit seeking to stop the building of the border wall was rejected. Judge stated Court does not make policy decisions.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-ruling/u-s-judge-rejects-lawsuit-seeking-to-stop-trump-border-wall-idUSKCN1GB2W1

MONEY
02-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Another court ruling update FAnDan missed.

In a victory for the current Administration California's lawsuit seeking to stop the building of the border wall was rejected. Judge stated Court does not make policy decisions.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-ruling/u-s-judge-rejects-lawsuit-seeking-to-stop-trump-border-wall-idUSKCN1GB2W1
"Curiel said his decision on Tuesday was not based on whether the underlying decisions to construct the wall “are politically wise or prudent.” Rather, Curiel said the Trump administration had not exceeded its legal authority in pursuing the project."

Trump's favorite judge "U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel" rules in Trump's favor.

Show Me the Wire
02-27-2018, 10:02 PM
"Curiel said his decision on Tuesday was not based on whether the underlying decisions to construct the wall “are politically wise or prudent.” Rather, Curiel said the Trump administration had not exceeded its legal authority in pursuing the project."

Trump's favorite judge "U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel" rules in Trump's favor.

Any judge who understand the above is one of my favorite judges too.

barahona44
02-27-2018, 10:20 PM
Ah yes the famous "Mexican judge" that Trump lambasted last year.

Bet he loves him now.

dlivery
02-27-2018, 11:22 PM
Ah yes the famous "Mexican judge" that Trump lambasted last year.

Bet he loves him now.

Court does not make policy decisions

Where have we heard this before

Give the Judge a break just needs a lollipop to suck on.

Tom
02-28-2018, 08:26 AM
If he hadn't, we would have had to build the wall around all of California.

Inner Dirt
02-28-2018, 08:37 AM
If he hadn't, we would have had to build the wall around all of California.

That sounds like a better idea, except just on two sides, north and east, leave the south end open and remove the border patrol check points. Let people south of the old border flood in and give them what they want. Rename California Northern Mexico and kick it out of the United States of America.

boxcar
02-28-2018, 12:48 PM
That sounds like a better idea, except just on two sides, north and east, leave the south end open and remove the border patrol check points. Let people south of the old border flood in and give them what they want. Rename California Northern Mexico and kick it out of the United States of America.

Actually, I'd do it on the west side as well. This way Kalifornia becomes one big Alcatraz -- with no escape except to migrate south to see how their better halves are living.

Tom
02-28-2018, 04:08 PM
We should all go there and jump up and down on the San Andreas! :eek:

boxcar
02-28-2018, 06:19 PM
We should all go there and jump up and down on the San Andreas! :eek:

I couldn't have the deaths of the few conservatives there on my conscience.

chadk66
02-28-2018, 07:32 PM
hmm I thought there was already a stretch of wall built in cali. guess I was mistaken.