PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's "The New Soldier" on the net (free)

ElKabong
08-25-2004, 06:06 AM
http://johnkerrythenewsoldier.blogspot.com/

This was going for over $200 on the net recently, it's free here. Enjoy.

Nice dustjacket, btw. Always the patriot, that Johnny. (and no, it's not a photoshop)

kenwoodallpromos
08-25-2004, 02:45 PM
I just read the intro and epilogue- It all sounds nice, and if you are not experienced you may blindly believe it all; but from the parts I read, Kerry takes selected facts and makes them into blanket total statements, like in his testimony.
This only works in a vacuum; Although I agree with some of what he at that time when it was politically correct (except he lost for congress in Ma even then), I'm glad there is more than 1 side now.

Secretariat
08-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
I just read the intro and epilogue- It all sounds nice, and if you are not experienced you may blindly believe it all; but from the parts I read, Kerry takes selected facts and makes them into blanket total statements, like in his testimony.
This only works in a vacuum; Although I agree with some of what he at that time when it was politically correct (except he lost for congress in Ma even then), I'm glad there is more than 1 side now.

I assume you're referring o his 71 testimony which has been cut, and truncated by the SBV's.

Here's a couple of other vets accounts:

"Was John Kerry's Testimony False?

I would like to see reporters ask two very simple questions every time they interview a Swift Boat Veteran for Truth:

• Was the testimony John Kerry gave to the United States Congress in 1971 factually inaccurate, wrong or false in any way?

• If not, are these atrocities the kind of things that you think America ought to support?

The vast majority of the kinds of atrocities that John Kerry mentioned in his testimony have been verified to have happened in Vietnam, performed by soldiers and witnessed and/or approved by officers and high-level members of the military. Here are some eyewitness accounts by soldiers from 1971:

SCOTT CAMILE: "My name is Scott Camile. I was a Sgt. attached to Charley 1/1. I was a forward observer in Vietnam. I went in right after high school and I'm a student now ... The cutting off of heads -- on Operation Stone -- there was a Lt. Colonel there and two people had their heads cut off and put on stakes and stuck in the middle of the field. And we were notified that there was press covering the operation and that we couldn't do that anymore. Before we went out on the operation we were told not to waste our heat tablets on food but to save them for the villages because we were going to destroy all the villages and we didn't give the people any time to get out of the villages. We just went in and burned them and if people were in the villages yelling and screaming, we didn't help them. We just burned the houses as we went."

JAMES DUFFY: "I looked out across the field and I spotted a Vietnamese woman peasant running away from the ship. I fired a burst of about six or seven rounds into her back before we fired, before we hit the ground. When I was being questioned as to what happened about two weeks later by a captain in my company, I told him what we did and what I did. We both had a good laugh about it. That was pretty much company policy. Also in Hue, during the Tet offensive in '68, I observed American fighters and bombers (Phantoms) dropping bombs and napalm into very crowded streets full of civilians. I don't know how many people were wiped out in that place. They blamed that on the NVA. Also, I was flying tail gun at the time on one mission into Hue, and just for kicks, the pilot told me to spray a house with my M-16. I don't know if the house was occupied, but the area was occupied by civilians. This was common policy. Kill anything you want to kill, any time you want to kill it, just don't get caught."

MICHAEL HUNTER: "Bravo Company, 5th of the 7th, when we were outside of Hue shortly after the Tet offensive, went into a village (and this happened repeatedly afterwards) and searched for enemy activity. We encountered a large amount of civilian population. The civilian population was brought out to one end of the village, and the women, who were guarded by a squad and a squad leader at that time, were separated. I might say the young women were separated from their children and the older women and the older men, the elderly men. They were told at gunpoint that if they did not submit to the sexual desires of any GI who was there guarding them, they would be shot for running away."

JAMIE HENRY: "The captain simply repeated the order that came down from the colonel that morning. The order that came down from the colonel that morning was to kill anything that moves ... As I was walking over to him, I turned, and I looked in the area. I looked toward where the supposed VCs were, and two men were leading a young girl, approximately 19 years old, very pretty, out of a hootch. She had no clothes on so I assumed she had been raped, which was pretty SOP, and she was thrown onto the pile of the 19 women and children, and five men, around the circle, opened up on full automatic with their M-16s."
It was a horrible war, horribly managed and these soldiers did terrible things. But John Kerry did not blame the soldiers. Instead, he tried to help them by letting them know they were not alone, that others had done the same, and that the root cause was a systemic problem leading to the very top levels of the American military and government."

Is it better to pretend that these acts never occurred and turn a blind eye to future atrocities, or to do everything you can to stop them from happening again?

The answer to that question is the difference between those supporting George Bush and the SwiftVets, and those supporting John Kerry and his Band of Brothers.

Tom
08-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Sec, wrong again.
The two questions Kerry should be asked are:

1. What villages did you torch?
2. Who were your accomplises?

The next thing thing Kerry should hear are his moranda rights.
Sec, who do you think the war criminals that looted and burned villages with Kerry were? The ones lying for him today? Maybe this is why they are lying - to avoid prosecution for war crimes.
Ashcroft should arrest Kerry and turn him over to the World Court.
If Kerry did not lie in his testimony, then how can you deny he is a criminal?:confused: :confused: :confused:

boxcar
08-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Tom wrote:

Sec, wrong again.
The two questions Kerry should be asked are:

1. What villages did you torch?
2. Who were your accomplises?

The next thing thing Kerry should hear are his moranda rights.
Sec, who do you think the war criminals that looted and burned villages with Kerry were? The ones lying for him today? Maybe this is why they are lying - to avoid prosecution for war crimes.
Ashcroft should arrest Kerry and turn him over to the World Court.
If Kerry did not lie in his testimony, then how can you deny he is a criminal?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Moreover, since Kerry was an officer he was duty-bound to immediately report all violations of the Rules of Warfare to his superiors. Failure in this regard made him complicit to those crimes. The question that burns in my mind is this: Why did Kerry wait until after he was discharged to exercise his "moral courage" and "patriotic duty"? Why didn't he blow the whistle while he was in Vietnam?

Boxcar