PDA

View Full Version : Fonner Park

Afleet
02-25-2018, 12:08 PM
http://www.fonnerpark.com/index.php

Opening Weekend and no threads!? Anyone play a few races there this weekend? Pools are so small, not sure how they stay in business. We should have a paceadvantage contest there. I couldn't get the race replays section to work and tried two different browsers. Wanted to see the DQ yesterday, race 7

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2018, 12:31 PM
I played three races there yesterday for VRH VIPs....hit 2 of 3...both chalk...

I'll play any track, anywhere in the USA...:ThmbUp:

jay68802
02-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Did not get to go to opening weekend this year because of my fathers health problems. The middle of the track is where you want to be. Have seen a couple speed types on the inside win, but they have to be dominant. The Anderson barn has been solid but seem to be using a couple of different jocks besides Jake. Should be there next weekend. Replay is available at twinspires.

cutchemist42
02-25-2018, 01:09 PM
I check out Fonner as many ASD horses run there before the summer meet.

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2018, 02:16 PM
Fonner's first race today is a THREE horse field...oy vey

And NOT due to scratches...they carded a three horse race.

jay68802
02-25-2018, 02:45 PM
We are going to play like we did yesterday.

Race #2: Exacta Box: :3: / :5::6::7:

All the rest of the races: :4: / :5::6::7:

If less than 7 horses then just the 5,6.

Afleet
02-26-2018, 07:42 PM
Fonner's first race today is a THREE horse field...oy vey

And NOT due to scratches...they carded a three horse race.

wow thats hard to believe; I want to see them do well. I go way back w/this track as I have mentioned before

Afleet
02-26-2018, 07:43 PM
I played three races there yesterday for VRH VIPs....hit 2 of 3...both chalk...

I'll play any track, anywhere in the USA...:ThmbUp:

thats the attitude!

Afleet
02-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Did not get to go to opening weekend this year because of my fathers health problems. The middle of the track is where you want to be. Have seen a couple speed types on the inside win, but they have to be dominant. The Anderson barn has been solid but seem to be using a couple of different jocks besides Jake. Should be there next weekend. Replay is available at twinspires.

Hope your dad gets well. You are from/live in NE-right? I have been heading south on 1-29, south of Omaha, about 5-10 miles out of town and I see what appears like unsanctioned horse racing. Straight dirt track with cars lined up and quarter horse type match races. Have you ever seen this before? I have seen this more than once or twice. I usually see this in the early evening on Saturdays.

jay68802
02-26-2018, 08:09 PM
Hope your dad gets well. You are from/live in NE-right? I have been heading south on 1-29, south of Omaha, about 5-10 miles out of town and I see what appears like unsanctioned horse racing. Straight dirt track with cars lined up and quarter horse type match races. Have you ever seen this before? I have seen this more than once or twice. I usually see this in the early evening on Saturdays.

Never seen it, but a couple of backside workers at Fonner said that something like that has happened. If you go it is BYOB and a good time.

Track Collector
02-26-2018, 08:18 PM
While on a very small scale, I have a regular play I look for at Fonner.

Such a nice looking 5/8 mile oval track. Would like to go back again sometime in the future. Probably nicer to go in the latter part of the meet, as my visit was when they still started their racing season in February.

KidCapper
02-27-2018, 11:03 AM
My home track where I first cut my handicapping teeth in the late 80's. Did a radio selection show in the 90's for awhile here. That's where the moniker KidCapper comes from. We do have a great simulcast facility and while the quality of live racing has slipped since the Ak-sar-ben days, still fun to watch em live on the track for the past 30+ years.