PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for Kerry

lsbets
08-24-2004, 06:10 PM
In the spirit of the libs, here is a link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5807200/

Secretariat
08-24-2004, 09:03 PM
The National Globe and Enquirer sell well too.

Interesting everyone here got on Clarke or Moore as pushing a book, but when a right winger pushes a book, you guys start salivating. No surprise here.

schweitz
08-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat

Interesting everyone here got on Clarke or Moore as pushing a book, but when a right winger pushes a book, you guys start salivating. No surprise here.

The right-winger is donating his part to charity.

lsbets
08-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Sec, I saw F911 to check it out for myself. Why don't you read the book and decide? Or are you that closed minded?

JustRalph
08-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
The right-winger is donating his part to charity.

Awesome Post.

I notice the Swifty group doesn't get a half hour on 60 minutes either.........

lsbets
08-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Sec, here's another link for you, from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27211-2004Aug23.html?referrer%3Demailarticle

It appears that your man Kerry might be something of a pathological liar. What is the official respnse to the event that is "seared in his memory" that never happenned?

Tom
08-24-2004, 11:38 PM

Clark and Moore have been caught in outright lies.
The SBVs were THERE and they have earned credibility by putting thier lives on the line. The most dangerous thing MM has ever done is an all you can eat buffet.
HeHeHe.......when Moveon.org was dishing out 527s and MM was putting out cartoons, it was everyone's duty to pay attention. Differnet song now. With the book "flying off the shelves," the American public will have a good deal of information to digest.
Great country, eh Sec?

Secretariat
08-25-2004, 12:16 AM
I have no problem with 527's when they contain the truth, and not outright lies. btw..Moore did not use a 527, he ran no politcal ads on TV.

I am a veteran, and that is what appalls me about this. Not only are these men denigrating John Kerry, they are denigrating the vets he served with, the vets who shared their stories with him in Detroit at the wintersoldier meeting. They misrepresent what he said, truncating speeches, eliding comments for partisan purposes to paint a truth much different than occurred.

Frankly, I would donate to their 527 if they said they would air all of Kerry's 1971 speech in its entirety with no cuts, no edits on TV. Let people see what Kerry said, and let the people decide.

But they'll never do that. THe Karl Rover boys.

btw...Moore donated money from F911 to charity as well as did Clarke.

I will try to read the book, as soon as I finish My Pet Goat. I could use some toilet paper.

schweitz
08-25-2004, 12:28 AM
I have no problem with 527's when they contain the truth, and not outright lies.

Translation---when they share my view point.

lsbets
08-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Sec, you never answered my question about the Cambodia trip that was "seared in his memory" and never happenned. I thought you were his official spokesman.

PaceAdvantage
08-25-2004, 01:02 AM
btw...Moore donated money from F911 to charity..

Only because DISNEY made it a DEMAND that he donate a portion to charity in order for DISNEY to sign the rights over to MM and Miramax.....right Sec?

Secretariat
08-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Only because DISNEY made it a DEMAND that he donate a portion to charity in order for DISNEY to sign the rights over to MM and Miramax.....right Sec?

Not totally correct PA. Disney was able to select charites they wanted to donate to out of the proceeds, but Moore also took his own profits from the film and donated to charities as well. you can check it out at www.michaelmoore.com

PaceAdvantage
08-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Which part was partially correct?

Secretariat
08-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Which part was partially correct?

The part that Disney did place a demand in his contract that he sign over part for charities (of Disney's choosing). However, money not allocated for Disney charities, Moore donated to charities of his own choice.

ElKabong
08-25-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Awesome Post.

I notice the Swifty group doesn't get a half hour on 60 minutes either.........

I'll bet John O'Neill doesn't sit next to a former President in a private box next week in NYC, either (ala Moore/ Carter).

Tom
08-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Not totally correct PA. Disney was able to select charites they wanted to donate to out of the proceeds, but Moore also took his own profits from the film and donated to charities as well. you can check it out at www.michaelmoore.com

GREAT source to verify MM actions...his own website!
Been a long campaign, eh?

boxcar
08-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Tom wrote:

Reminds me of how Kerry got to write his own glowing account of how he received his "wounds" and was entitled to one or perhaps even two of his Purple Hearts! Can you imagine an employee of a company getting to write his Performance Review when up for a raise?

Boxcar

JustRalph
08-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by boxcar
Tom wrote:

Reminds me of how Kerry got to write his own glowing account of how he received his "wounds" and was entitled to one or perhaps even two of his Purple Hearts! Can you imagine an employee of a company getting to write his Performance Review when up for a raise?
Boxcar

I just saw an article on MSNBC that quotes the "Navy Records" as backing Kerry's version of events. It never mentions that Kerry wrote most of it...............

You would be surprised how often I saw this in the service........

boxcar
08-25-2004, 05:54 PM
JustRalph wrote:

I just saw an article on MSNBC that quotes the "Navy Records" as backing Kerry's version of events. It never mentions that Kerry wrote most of it...............

You would be surprised how often I saw this in the service........

Really!? Ive never heard of such a thing until this controversy came up. You're saying this is commonplace, even today's military? But I'm not surprised that MSNBC would omit that important little fact.

This mornging Fox & Friends had the former Sec of Navy on the show (Lehman I believe was his name) and when asked about how he felt about the Kerry/SBV controversy, he surprisingly replied (to paraphrase) that he thought it was "healthy for the country to have such debates".

Boxcar

JustRalph
08-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by boxcar
Really!? Ive never heard of such a thing until this controversy came up. You're saying this is commonplace, even today's military? But I'm not surprised that MSNBC would omit that important little fact. Boxcar [/B]

I saw it very often. Guys who were due for performance reviews would approach their senior NCO supervisors about their performance reviews being late........(sometimes you needed a recent performance review to apply to a special school or assignment) and the Senior Types would advise them "to write it up, and don't make it too glowy.........and I will sign it"

This was in the days before computers and this stuff was done on Typewriters. We got our first computers in around 1984-5 and they were big monsters with small green monitors that were built in. That is when the disk swapping started. Senior NCO's who had to write performance reviews would swap disks for reviews and change the names. Many of these were written by some long forgotten trooper who had shipped out a year or two earlier.......but could write a nice review. There were basically 3-4 types of reviews......... Very Good-Good-Needs Work-Not meeting performance objectives.

But this stuff never went on when it came to reporting on incidents (at least I never saw it) basically because these type of reports (say police reports, investigations etc) had to be filed contemporaneously (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=contemporaneously) so there was no time to wait around for somebody to dig up the appropriate sounding phraseology for a report that will be reviewed at command level the next morning.

You have to remember that I was in the Air Force during the 80's (81-87) and I don't know what the hell goes on now..........also be aware that some of these guys were responsible for writing performance reviews for 10-15 guys every six months. Many of them typed up a version of their four types of reviews and xeroxed the forms without names etc and then filled in more data later.....at a typewriter.........