PDA

View Full Version : CNN Town Hall "Meeting"

Lemon Drop Husker
02-21-2018, 11:31 PM
Disgusting.

Scripted, pathetic, and sad.

Putting children with hate with scripted monologues, and then a mother full of hate yelling at Rubio.

Kudos to Rubio. Dude took it down, and whipped them all.

As for Florida Senator Nelson. That is one of your two Senators Florida. And hanging chads decided a vote in 2000. How does that guy get voted in for anything other than a Old Folks Home?

CNN was awful as expected. And will continue to be awful.

FantasticDan
02-22-2018, 12:43 AM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

https://youtu.be/sW6cXVzRnuo

woodtoo
02-22-2018, 04:40 AM
Disgusting.

Putting children with hate with scripted monologues, and then a mother full of hate yelling at Rubio.

As for Florida Senator Nelson. That is one of your two Senators Florida. And hanging chads decided a vote in 2000. How does that guy get voted in for anything other than a Old Folks Home?

I have tried to watch CNN numerous times in the last 12 months but it turns my stomach so quickly I can bear only about 5 mins.

Thanks for the heads up on Senator Nelson.:ThmbUp:

onefast99
02-22-2018, 09:56 AM
Disgusting.

CNN was awful as expected. And will continue to be awful.The gun laws do need to be changed and asking Rubio if he will take anymore campaign donations from the NRA is a legitimate question no matter if it was CNN or FOX. I just don't know why everyone is coming down hard on Trump he wasn't in office when the other shootings occurred. It is painful to watch the parents speak about losing a child. There needs to be change immediately on the "assault" type guns that anyone can buy. There also needs to be a better system to track those buying large amounts of rounds. 18 isn't an age you can trust anyone at with a gun unless they are in the armed services!

Tom
02-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Yes, :ThmbUp: to the kids part of it.

:puke: to the FNN part of it.
The morons on the panel of patheics last night were praising the kids for being prepared for the march and having done their homework on guns.

BS.

They were acting out of grief. FNN fed them the script.

azeri98
02-22-2018, 10:38 AM
Disgusting.

CNN was awful as usual, but to bash kids who lost friends or a brother or sister and are in grief no matter what they said is classless

reckless
02-22-2018, 10:42 AM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

https://youtu.be/sW6cXVzRnuo

People do realize that these children are Drama Department students of their school. Right .... ? Same with those that were mostly interviewed on cable TV this weekend.

They are public speakers in training.... so let's cut the b-shat that they were so very 'articulate' and 'passionate' to the point of view that their voice must be considered.

Any serious adult that would even listen to a 17-year-old millennial about 2nd Amendment rights or changing the US Constitution should have their head examined.

azeri98
02-22-2018, 10:54 AM
So the kids that spoke who lost a brother or sister all happened to be in the drama dept?, c'mon , Rubio was right when he said, no one trusts or will listen to the other side, when you see deceit in everything the other side says even if their kids, what is this world coming too?, there are way too many "get off of my lawn" type people these days. The hate in vitriol is only getting worse, every empire in history falls because of itself, maybe that time is closer than I thought

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2018, 10:58 AM
All of this hate and vitriol got a huge jump-start by the left after the 2000 election. Never before in my lifetime had I seen a president treated so disrespectfully by the opposition party...until Trump came along of course...

It has always existed throughout history, but really came to its full force during the GWB administration...and has been ramping up ever since.

Republicans took their cue from Democrats when Obama was elected, and the Dems doubled-down with Trump.

Who knows where it goes from here.

reckless
02-22-2018, 11:30 AM
So the kids that spoke who lost a brother or sister all happened to be in the drama dept?, c'mon , Rubio was right when he said, no one trusts or will listen to the other side, when you see deceit in everything the other side says even if their kids, what is this world coming too?, there are way too many "get off of my lawn" type people these days. The hate in vitriol is only getting worse, every empire in history falls because of itself, maybe that time is closer than I thought

Actually, yes they were, especially those talking on Saturday and glorified on Sunday by the media.

Go to The New Yorker Magazine --not a right-wing rag by any means. There could be a pay-wall but it's written in a honest fashion and is quite well written which is befitting the magazine and its glorious history.

Rubio is a liar, phony and opportunist so any thing he says about anything must be taken with a grain of salt. If liberals wish to exploit Rubio for their advantage go for it.

Conservatives know that Rubio is a liar and a schemer.

Finally, the hate and vitriol comes from the left, always.

azeri98
02-22-2018, 11:42 AM
All of this hate and vitriol got a huge jump-start by the left after the 2000 election. Never before in my lifetime had I seen a president treated so disrespectfully by the opposition party...until Trump came along of course...

It has always existed throughout history, but really came to its full force during the GWB administration...and has been ramping up ever since.

Republicans took their cue from Democrats when Obama was elected, and the Dems doubled-down with Trump.

Who knows where it goes from here.

I don't disagree with you, I don't care who started it, someone has to be the bigger person, the media doesn't help, I blame most of it on them, both R's and D's, Fox never used to give Obama credit even when he did something good and CNN and NBC never give Trump credit when he does something good, I'm not a fan of Trump not because of his policies just his character but I do agree with him when he says the media is the enemy, they are tearing the country apart

azeri98
02-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Actually, yes they were, especially those talking on Saturday and glorified on Sunday by the media.

Go to The New Yorker Magazine --not a right-wing rag by any means. There could be a pay-wall but it's written in a honest fashion and is quite well written which is befitting the magazine and its glorious history.

Rubio is a liar, phony and opportunist so any thing he says about anything must be taken with a grain of salt. If liberals wish to exploit Rubio for their advantage go for it.

Conservatives know that Rubio is a liar and a schemer.

Finally, the hate and vitriol comes from the left, always.

It doesn't just come from the left, it comes from both sides, the leaders are acting like kids,"Well they started it"

Inner Dirt
02-22-2018, 12:21 PM
I have tried to watch CNN numerous times in the last 12 months but it turns my stomach so quickly I can bear only about 5 mins.

Thanks for the heads up on Senator Nelson.:ThmbUp:

That is 5 minutes more than I would last.

boxcar
02-22-2018, 01:14 PM
CNN was awful as usual, but to bash kids who lost friends or a brother or sister and are in grief no matter what they said is classless

Agree wholeheartedly. What angers me is to see these grieving souls being manipulated, exploited and used as nothing more than useful idiots by the Left and the lamestream media to further the radical left's agenda.

Greyfox
02-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Trump held a very good listening session earlier in the afternoon at the White House.:ThmbUp:

Clocker
02-22-2018, 01:36 PM
There also needs to be a better system to track those buying large amounts of rounds. 18 isn't an age you can trust anyone at with a gun unless they are in the armed services!

How many rounds of ammo is a large amount? How and why should it be tracked?

Granted that there are a lot of immature, safe-space 18 year olds in the coastal blue states who shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects. But if you get out into America, you will find huge numbers of responsible 18 year olds who get proper organized training on gun safety and use. They own and use rifles for competition, for hunting, and for varmint control on ranches and farms. I learned to use a rifle when I was 12, at a Boy Scout camp.

Clocker
02-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Yes, :ThmbUp: to the kids part of it.

:puke: to the FNN part of it.
The morons on the panel of patheics last night were praising the kids for being prepared for the march and having done their homework on guns.

BS.

They were acting out of grief. FNN fed them the script.

False news, CNN would never do such a thing, would they?

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he didn’t attend CNN’s town hall in his hometown because the network rejected his prepared questions and suggested he ask a scripted one instead.

Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC, protected his fellow students during the Parkland shooting last week, and he told local media that he wanted to ask about using veterans as armed security guards in schools. Even though Habb wrote out a speech and questions as CNN requested for last night’s forum on shootings, he claims that the network tried to censor him.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/22/cnn-scripting-questions-florida-school-shooting-town-hall/

Inner Dirt
02-22-2018, 02:06 PM
How many rounds of ammo is a large amount? How and why should it be tracked?

Granted that there are a lot of immature, safe-space 18 year olds in the coastal blue states who shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects. But if you get out into America, you will find huge numbers of responsible 18 year olds who get proper organized training on gun safety and use. They own and use rifles for competition, for hunting, and for varmint control on ranches and farms. I learned to use a rifle when I was 12, at a Boy Scout camp.

I was 7, taught to shoot and gun safety by an uncle and my father who were both cops. I have been a gun owner since I was 18, which was almost 40 years ago. The only living being my guns have harmed is one rattlesnake who took up residence too close to the front door of the house my girlfriend and her 3 kids lived in 25 years ago in the mountains of Southern California. The last thing I shot up was a leaky hot water heater before I hauled it away. I have a fused lower spine and didn't feel like bending over to open the drain.

Clocker
02-22-2018, 02:19 PM
The last thing I shot up was a leaky hot water heater before I hauled it away.

You have to be careful with those things. They sometimes charge when they are wounded.

Clocker
02-22-2018, 02:54 PM
From The Federalist:

Last night’s CNN town hall amounted to a massive in-kind donation to the National Rifle Association.http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/22/cnns-insane-anti-gun-townhall-will-help-nra/

boxcar
02-22-2018, 03:14 PM
The gun laws do need to be changed and asking Rubio if he will take anymore campaign donations from the NRA is a legitimate question no matter if it was CNN or FOX. I just don't know why everyone is coming down hard on Trump he wasn't in office when the other shootings occurred. It is painful to watch the parents speak about losing a child. There needs to be change immediately on the "assault" type guns that anyone can buy. There also needs to be a better system to track those buying large amounts of rounds. 18 isn't an age you can trust anyone at with a gun unless they are in the armed services!

But 18 is good enough for the adolescent to die for his or her country? 18 is mature enough for a young person to decide to join the military in the first place? And 18 is mature enough to drink. And 18 is mature enough to drive on the road. And 18 is mature enough to vote in general elections. And 18 is mature enough to get married. But 18 is not mature enough to buy a gun?

upthecreek
02-22-2018, 04:00 PM
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2018/02/22/revealing-cnn-townhall-meeting-audience-cheers-banning-all-rifles-media-swoons-n2452806?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=

Tom
02-22-2018, 04:19 PM
That is 5 minutes more than I would last.

Me too!

upthecreek
02-22-2018, 08:31 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966846679784837120

FantasticDan
02-22-2018, 09:15 PM
https://twitter.com/fahimanwar/status/966693573440647174

Tom
02-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Thanks, Fahim.
Whoever you are.

davew
02-22-2018, 09:49 PM
Thanks, Fahim.
Whoever you are.

a Russian twitterbot?

Clocker
02-23-2018, 11:20 AM
CNN story says Trump should not call the shooter a "sicko" because that is stigmatizing to people with mental health problems. :faint:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/22/cnn-trump-shouldnt-call-mass-shooter-sicko-stigmatizing/

PaceAdvantage
02-23-2018, 11:23 AM
CNN story says Trump should not call the shooter a "sicko" because that is stigmatizing to people with mental health problems. :faint:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/22/cnn-trump-shouldnt-call-mass-shooter-sicko-stigmatizing/Ooops...I guess someone was offended...again...isn't that how most of these shootings happen to begin with?

Someone was offended? Bullied? Better go shoot them to make yourself feel better...:bang:

FantasticDan
02-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Actually it's not "CNN" saying that, it's mental health professionals.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/health/trump-mental-illness-comments-bn/index.html?sr=twCNN022218trump-mental-illness-comments-bn0747PMVODtop

Marshall Bennett
02-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Its surprising liberals don't want them referred to as "unfortunate victims of society". :)

Clocker
02-23-2018, 12:46 PM
Actually it's not "CNN" saying that, it's mental health professionals.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/health/trump-mental-illness-comments-bn/index.html?sr=twCNN022218trump-mental-illness-comments-bn0747PMVODtop

A distinction without a difference.

Perhaps CNN totally disagreed with the idea, but published the story in the interests of being fair and balanced? :lol:

upthecreek
02-23-2018, 04:31 PM
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/02/23/cnn-producer-to-florida-shooting-survivor-stick-to-the-script-n2453173?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=

davew
02-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Why do they call it a 'town hall', when it is really an orchestrated attack??

Wasn't Donna Brazille working as a CNN 'expert' when she got ahold of some crowd 'questions' and gave them to Hillary?

Tom
02-23-2018, 05:23 PM
That CNN hired someone of her obviously LOW quality says a lot about them.

You can put all the lipstick you want to on that pig, she is still a pig. And CNN is a trough.

davew
02-24-2018, 03:03 AM
Another student and parent saying CNN was looking for students willing to talk about policy questions. Was there an afternoon 'rehearsal' for this 'town hall'?

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2018/02/22/parkland-shooting-father-cnn-gun-control/

Another video showing how CNN communications has a harder job with spin than the white house communications group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=408&v=9UQr3inDqTU

Tom
02-24-2018, 09:12 AM
A CNN Town meeting means a gathering of village idiots.
Hosted by network nitwits.