PDA

View Full Version : Common sense solutions

Tom
02-19-2018, 11:39 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/02/18/rush-limbaugh-reacts-to-parkland-school-shooting.html

Chris, the next shooter is out there. The next shooter probably has the gun that he's going to use. The next shooter is known by many people in his community who are concerned that this guy may do what everybody is afraid he's going to do.

Now, how is anything that we are talking about going to stop that? We have got to realize this is what our country has become. We can wish that it worked this way and we can wish that Congress could legislate it away, but they can't. It's not the fault of the NRA. It's not the fault of any -- it's the fault of the people doing this and our inability to deal with that and stop them.

Let's try to have a thread with sensible comments, not political hacks and cartoons and tweets.

Watch this and have an open mind - disagree if you want, but at least try to have a real reason.

In problem solving, one of the first and most immediate steps is to contain the problem, not solve it. Not even find out the root cause of it. Try to use your brains and not your cut and paste talents.

Marshall Bennett
02-19-2018, 12:41 PM
For a variety of reasons, many worthy of debate, modern society has arranged a different world to manage and live in. Personally, I lay the bulk of the blame on advancing technology and man's inability to foresee the negative consequences while entirely concentrating on its benefits.
The theory surrounding technology destroying civilization has been included by many authors in their books. Carl Sagan spoke of it occasionally.

Inner Dirt
02-19-2018, 12:49 PM
I did not watch as I am data capped with satellite so I have to conserve my bandwidth. If the question is common sense solution to gun violence I have an easy solution, we give up some of our civil liberties or whatever you would like to call them for the safety of all.

First, stop and search is legal any place any time you are out in public. Enforce all illegal possession of a weapon charges, especially a violent felon caught with a gun they should not have. Increase those penalties if necessary.

Since almost everyone of the mass shooting crowd whether it be a school, work place or just some random nut firing out a hotel window has left a trail of strange behavior, those people need to be proactively investigated, including and up to a 72 hour hold in a psychiatric facility.

If I post something about having a boatload of guns and ammo and wanting to start shooting anyone wearing Dallas Cowboy gear because I am a Redskin fan, I should get a quick visit from the authorities, including a search of my person and property up to a possible ride to a mental health facility for an evaluation.

That and increase profiling. I have been profiled before and had no problem with it. I was stopped numerous times and only once was told the truth about the stop. I was driving an obviously packed SUV through a drug corridor.

woodtoo
02-19-2018, 12:58 PM
Stop prescribing Prozac and Ritalin to every kid who acts out in school.
These are strong mind altering drugs given to children at the behest of the school or school teacher. Say no to drugs.

RichieP
02-19-2018, 05:02 PM
These are strong mind altering drugs given to children at the behest of the school or school teacher. Say no to drugs.

:ThmbUp:
Agree 100% with this

pandy
02-19-2018, 05:09 PM

I agree with this.

fast4522
02-19-2018, 05:16 PM
:ThmbUp:
Agree 100% with this

Really easy to go with that one, but also think the wingtip shoe up the ass has been missing and might add that it was much more effective. Even if the kid never was prescribed drugs for disordered things the dad that cares just might be something that would cure much going on in today's horror stories.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 05:18 PM
Really easy to go with that one, but also think the wingtip shoe up the ass has been missing and might add that it was much more effective. Even if the kid never was prescribed drugs for disordered things the dad that cares just might be something that would cure much going on in today's horror stories.Not allowed to discipline your children anymore, don't you know?

It takes a VILLAGE!!! :pound:

chadk66
02-19-2018, 09:44 PM
yea it's really not hard to understand how/why these shootings are occurring. until that's addressed nothing will change. going after the guns will certainly be a swing and a miss. but then again that is only used for election fodder

sandpit
02-20-2018, 12:37 AM
There are plenty of things to consider, but one I've never seen brought up is the incredible change in population in this country. And, no, I'm not alluding to the immigration issue. In 1950, there were about 150 million people here, now it's over twice that many. Simple math will tell you that type of explosion will increase the chances of so many of the woes we face as a country.

And I'm not proposing anything radical like Swift's human trafficking satire in the 1700s, just pointing out something that seems obvious.

I saw a quote recently that said something like. "God, why don't you stop this from happening in our schools?" Response: "I'm not allowed in your schools."

I'm the last person anyone would call religious, but there's something poignant in that statement.

lamboguy
02-20-2018, 04:54 AM
Also use abortions to stop mothets that are full of drugs ready to pass on these poor traits. Also marabella is a drug that distort brain cells just like alcohol and other drugs

Inner Dirt
02-20-2018, 06:01 AM
Also use abortions to stop mothets that are full of drugs ready to pass on these poor traits. Also marabella is a drug that distort brain cells just like alcohol and other drugs

Just from observation it seems to me on average mothers from the lower socioeconomic classes seem to bear more children. It seems to me the worst part of society is repopulating the most. I would be curious to see a breakdown.

barahona44
02-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Just from observation it seems to me on average mothers from the lower socioeconomic classes seem to bear more children. It seems to me the worst part of society is repopulating the most. I would be curious to see a breakdown.

It's always been that way all over the world.As people(and countries) advance economically, they have fewer children.The post war baby boom was an aberration, that may have been more of a psychological reaction to 20 years of economic depression and a world war, with a strong desire to return to some type of normalcy.

woodtoo
02-20-2018, 09:16 AM
There has been a rash of arrests of youth recently concerning school shootings all across America
apparently people are doing something. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

chadk66
02-20-2018, 10:11 AM
There are plenty of things to consider, but one I've never seen brought up is the incredible change in population in this country. And, no, I'm not alluding to the immigration issue. In 1950, there were about 150 million people here, now it's over twice that many. Simple math will tell you that type of explosion will increase the chances of so many of the woes we face as a country.

And I'm not proposing anything radical like Swift's human trafficking satire in the 1700s, just pointing out something that seems obvious.

I saw a quote recently that said something like. "God, why don't you stop this from happening in our schools?" Response: "I'm not allowed in your schools."

I'm the last person anyone would call religious, but there's something poignant in that statement.considering all this and yet the violent crime rate has plummeted in this country. why isn't the media talking about that

Clocker
02-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Here is one common sense solution we are not going to see tried in California.

So — what new gun laws or regulations would actually prevent mass shootings?

There is one possibility, but the left will not allow us to try it: namely, allowing teachers to carry guns.

Last year, five largely rural California school districts adopted policies to allow teachers with concealed carry permits to bring their weapons on campus, so that they could respond to any active shooting situation that might arise, and — more likely — deter one from happening.

In response, the Democrat-dominated California legislature passed, and Governor Jerry Brown signed, a law to “delete the authority of a school district superintendent, his or her designee, or equivalent school authority to provide written permission for a person to possess a firearm within a school zone.”

We will never know if the districts’ policy would have helped prevent shoot shootings because California Democrats never gave it a chance.
http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2018/02/19/pollak-please-name-one-new-law-stop-mass-shootings/

fast4522
02-20-2018, 03:48 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2018/02/19/pollak-please-name-one-new-law-stop-mass-shootings/

I am not for teachers and guns, I think we need to have them do what they do best and if mediocre get rid of some. Granted any teacher who thinks of his or her kids first as a natural safety officer I can not say enough for. Like you say some things will never be because of liberal and union beliefs. Having said that every community has members who already have a valid LTC for CCW, any variation of volunteer or back to work program would go very well but would be opposed to death by the unions. Go to any large gun club you will find dozens of volunteer's who are range/safety officers who are the most structured yet friendliest around. Just like the church 10 % of the same people do all the work all the time for free. My only objection to armed anything inside the school campus is the union will skyrocket cost and delver well I will let you guess what I am thinking.

Tom
02-20-2018, 03:56 PM

California is enabling shooters, plain and simple.

What you call a gun-free zone in a school

The KILL BOX.

Post and tweets or memes you guys want, to but gun free zones are STUPID ideas. They ensure a shooter will be allowed ample time to carry out his mission.

Might as well call them brain-free zones.
Or is the liberal corner?