PDA

View Full Version : Any 'New' HTR Users?

sq764
08-23-2004, 11:06 PM
I was curious to hear from any new HTR users.. If you have a moment, I had a few questions..

Please email me at 'sq764@aol.com' or PM me.. Thanks

andicap
08-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Why only "new ones?"

sq764
08-24-2004, 03:41 PM
I was curious as to the learning curve with HTR.. And the newer the user, the fresher it is in their minds..

No underlying, deceptive reasoning on my part..

hurrikane
08-24-2004, 04:56 PM
sq,

as a old HTR user I would say it has to do with how you handicap now. If you are a pace guy the curve will be small.

I was not..and still am not. so for me it was a little longer

GR1@HTR
08-24-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree w/ HKane...Start using HTR as you would handicap the way you did prior...use PP's...trainer stats and so on...Then slowly integrate the other htr stuff in...Then create your own methods...

Tom
08-24-2004, 11:21 PM
There is alot of different things in HTR, so you should find something familiar to start wiht and go from there.
There is a free demo you can download - full features. Look it over, try it out, ask questions-we have a board with plenty of folks willing to help people.

Buckeye
08-24-2004, 11:23 PM
I sure could use some of that "help" right about now. :)

But I am of the mind that it must come from within

and I use HTR.

fast4522
08-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Tom,
Do you use Vadidator at all, also do you find HTR to be a higher level of Sartin or completely different ?
Steve

Tom
08-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by fast4522
Tom,
Do you use Vadidator at all, also do you find HTR to be a higher level of Sartin or completely different ?
Steve

No. The last Sartin progrms I have are Thoromation and Kgen. JTR is in some ways a logical evolution of phase 3, or Brohammer's MPH program. But there is a lot more neat stuff in there. Sometimes, I do not even get to the velocity/pace parts of the program because other factors are more prolific at some tracks and there is no need to go too deep in loking at a race.
Some race, I only use the K-line, which is a betting line. If you have used velocity in your handicapping, you can use HTR out of the box and learn about the other stuff later on. That is what I did. I am still learning about some features.