PDA

View Full Version : Indictments against Russian nationalists

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 01:38 PM
We've heard about Russians trying to influence our election for the past year. Now indictments are being handed down.

I'm failing to see the huge deal here. Surely we try to influence foreign elections. Hell, we'll even take out a leader. That's real influence.

So is this sort of like spying? Where we act all butt hurt when it's done to us while it's what we should be doing to others?

jocko699
02-16-2018, 01:40 PM
We've heard about Russians trying to influence our election for the past year. Now indictments are being handed down.

I'm failing to see the huge deal here. Surely we try to influence foreign elections. Hell, we'll even take out a leader. That's real influence.

So is this sort of like spying? Where we act all butt hurt when it's done to us while it's what we should be doing to others?

Welcome to the new America!!!

Saratoga_Mike
02-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Let's assume for a moment that Trump and anyone related to him is 10000000000000% innocent of any wrongdoing on this matter. Okay? So you don't have a problem with a foreign power attempting to impact a US election???? Wow.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 01:54 PM
Let's assume for a moment that Trump and anyone related to him is 10000000000000% innocent of any wrongdoing on this matter. Okay? So you don't have a problem with a foreign power attempting to impact a US election???? Wow.With all that's been going on and all that's been reported, I'm confused.

Did the DNC/Hillary/etc. attempt to use "foreign powers" to influence the election when they paid for the creation of the infamous "DOSSIER?"

Just curious and need to have that question settled in my head before I comment further.

FantasticDan
This is just a light opening volley from the special counsel.

Some of you guys better get going on your trenches :p

barahona44
Now that it's out there, questions and the attending controversy about it will start getting less and less.Maybe Trump's starting to wise up on how things work.

Buy on the rumor, sell on the news as they say on Wall Street.

PaceAdvantage

Some of you guys better get going on your trenches :pI know...and Trump had proof that Obama was born in Kenya. :lol:

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 01:55 PM
Let's assume for a moment that Trump and anyone related to him is 10000000000000% innocent of any wrongdoing on this matter. Okay? So you don't have a problem with a foreign power attempting to impact a US election???? Wow.

Again, it's sort of like spying. We don't want it to happen to us, and surely should try to prevent it, but don't we expect foreign governments to try? And don't we expect our own government to spy on foreign governments?

JustRalph
02-16-2018, 01:58 PM

They’ve been doing it for years. You think this is the first time?
Mueller is reaching here

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 01:59 PM

Some of you guys better get going on your trenches :p

I don't understand how your brain functions. Somehow you're seeing this in some partisan light, and tossing around grenades. Yet no one in this forum has been more consistently wrong on everything political. There's an old and true saying about keeping mum and the repercussions of opening one's mouth.

FantasticDan
02-16-2018, 02:16 PM
I don't understand how your brain functions. Somehow you're seeing this in some partisan light, and tossing around grenades. Yet no one in this forum has been more consistently wrong on everything political.:lol: Such as?

And I remind you that you're the one that just said that the Russians being up to their elbows in our elections is no big deal and we should stop being "butt hurt". You'd be saying the same thing if Hilly won, right? :lol:

wisconsin
02-16-2018, 02:22 PM
Really, Mueller has diddly squat if this is his next move.

This investigation has really gone off course. Charging some Russians for "trolling" is what I see.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 02:23 PM
With all that's been going on and all that's been reported, I'm confused.

Did the DNC/Hillary/etc. attempt to use "foreign powers" to influence the election when they paid for the creation of the infamous "DOSSIER?"

Just curious and need to have that question settled in my head before I comment further.

No.

They paid for opposition research and intelligence on Trump. The result of that research and intelligence led to the investigator telling his buddy at the FBI.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 02:25 PM
No.

They paid for opposition research and intelligence on Trump. The result of that research and intelligence led to the investigator telling his buddy at the FBI.So there were no foreign agents feeding information in order to create this dossier?

The creator of the dossier himself isn't a foreign agent? Pretty sure he is ex-British intelligence, no? And he relied on Russians for a nice chunk of the dossier, did he not?

Again, I may be confused (happens often).

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 02:28 PM
Personally, I'm happy to see the special investigation is doing something about the Russian interference that everyone but the current administration admits is happening.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 02:34 PM
So there were no foreign agents feeding information in order to create this dossier?

The creator of the dossier himself isn't a foreign agent? Pretty sure he is ex-British intelligence, no? And he relied on Russians for a nice chunk of the dossier, did he not?

Again, I may be confused (happens often).

Who knows how he got his information. He was a well known expert on Russian politics. Your leap though doesn't make sense.

The DNC hired Steele to get dirt on the Trump organization. Steele got dirt on the Trump organization. The leap you are making is that the Dems therefore colluded with a foreign power. They didn't they hired a former intelligence officer to investigate Trump.

JustRalph
02-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Personally, I'm happy to see the special investigation is doing something about the Russian interference that everyone but the current administration admits is happening.

So what if they did? Do you think that they really turned the tide in the election? If so......you are crazy.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Who knows how he got his information. He was a well known expert on Russian politics. Your leap though doesn't make sense.

The DNC hired Steele to get dirt on the Trump organization. Steele got dirt on the Trump organization. The leap you are making is that the Dems therefore colluded with a foreign power. They didn't they hired a former intelligence officer to investigate Trump.So using friendly foreign powers is OK...and that friendly foreign power using unfriendly foreign power for help in taking down the opposition candidate is OK too?

MONEY
02-16-2018, 02:40 PM
So what if they did? Do you think that they really turned the tide in the election? If so......you are crazy.
This is what I want to know.
How many voters changed their vote because of Russian interference?

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 02:41 PM

I like it a helluva lot more than the "Ho-hum nothing to see hear" droll I get from the White House.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 02:51 PM
So using friendly foreign powers is OK...and that friendly foreign power using unfriendly foreign power for help in taking down the opposition candidate is OK too?

Huh?

Nobody in the DNC used "foreign powers." They hired a company in D.C. to do opposition research and the guy there happened to be a retired foreign intelligence officer.

If I'm some Sheikh in Saudi Arabia that hires Blackwater guys to guard my limo am I hiring the United States as my bodyguard?

boxcar
02-16-2018, 02:55 PM

As though this was the first time ever this has ever happened in the U.S.? Or as though this meddling into elections isn't a worldwide phenom? Or as though Obama & Co. didn't meddle (work to influence, interfere) in the last national election in Israel?

These indictments are big nothingburgers.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Huh?

Nobody in the DNC used "foreign powers." They hired a company to do opposition research and the guy there happened to be a retired foreign intelligence officer.

If I'm some Sheikh in Saudi Arabia that hires Blackwater guys to guard my limo am I hiring the United States as my bodyguard?You answer Huh? :lol:

This entire Russian Investigation is one big HUH from what I can tell.

You don't think there is more THERE there regarding the DNC and Clinton and what they did compared with Trump?

What Russians are being investigated? What evidence is there that Trump or his campaign actually colluded with members of the Russian government to take down Clinton, to warrant this grand Mueller investigation? Shouldn't there have actually been a pretty concrete reason to begin this investigation to begin with, other than Clinton lost?

FantasticDan
02-16-2018, 03:01 PM

Why would you be able to "tell" anything at this point? It's ongoing, and it's progress has not been made public, obviously.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 03:03 PM
You answer Huh? :lol:

You don't think there is more THERE there regarding the DNC and Clinton and what they did compared with Trump?

:1:What Russians are being investigated? :2:What evidence is there that Trump or his campaign actually colluded with members of the Russian government to take down Clinton, to warrant this grand Mueller investigation? :3:Shouldn't there have actually been a pretty concrete reason to begin this investigation to begin with, other than Clinton lost?

I thought I answered your question just fine. I'm not the one making leaps and assumptions. Everything I explained to you makes perfect sense as its what actually happened.

:1: - Probably the ones that just had charges brought against them.

:2: - Don't know that's why there is currently an investigation so far its gotten 4 Trump campaign members and 13 Russian contacts. Good haul wouldn't you say?

:2b: - Trump firing Comey over the discovery of the Russian investigation dating back to the Summer of 2016 is what prompted the special investigation.

:3: - There was. It was happening months before she lost.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 03:09 PM
I thought I answered your question just fine. I'm not the one making leaps and assumptions. Everything I explained to you makes perfect sense as its what actually happened.

:2: - Don't know that's why there is currently an investigation so far its gotten 4 Trump campaign members and 13 Russian contacts. Good haul wouldn't you say?

:2b: - Trump firing Comey over the discovery of the Russian investigation dating back to the Summer of 2016 is what prompted the special investigation.

:3: - There was. It was happening months before she lost.Well sure, if you look hard enough under the hood of the car they are looking at, you're BOUND to find something...not really my point.

I'm talking about BEFORE the investigation began...that's the time when these questions should have had some answers...

Carter Page and the dossier (peppered with foreign agent contributions <gasp>) seem to be the impetus for all of this...that and Clinton actually losing of course (another <gasp>).

I guess the end result of all of this will prove one of us correct in the end.

woodtoo
02-16-2018, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=elysiantraveller;2277512]I thought I answered your question just fine. I'm not the one making leaps and assumptions. Everything I explained to you makes perfect sense as its what actually happened.

Comey TOLD Trump about the investigation, but only enough to get fired.
He should have spilled it all if he really wanted to retain his job.
You need better sources.:rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 03:13 PM

Comey TOLD Trump about the investigation, but only enough to get fired.
He should have spilled it all if he really wanted to retain his job.
You need better sources.:rolleyes:

So... what did I get wrong?

Trump fired Comey ---> Special Investigation ordered.

Whether or not Comey wanted his job is irrelevant. One action begot the other.

Tom
02-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Why would you be able to "tell" anything at this point? It's ongoing, and it's progress has not been made public, obviously.

Then why are you lefties drooling gallons over it?:lol:

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 03:16 PM
As though this was the first time ever this has ever happened in the U.S.? Or as though this meddling into elections isn't a worldwide phenom? Or as though Obama & Co. didn't meddle (work to influence, interfere) in the last national election in Israel?

You and Ralph are the only ones who seem to get how much of a nothing this is.

Sheppard Smith is wetting himself, and outright said falsehoods just now with his lead in on this story. He should be fired. He actually said that "THERE IS PROOF THE RUSSIANS AFFECTED OUR ELECTION IN FAVOR OF TRUMP!" Jerk. The Deputy AG actually said the opposite.

This is a joke. So they made up "hundreds" of fake Twitter accounts? And spent $1 million? Ok, let's see what those tweets all said, and who saw them, and how much they were shared or retweeted. Let's see the ads they ran. Let's see how many click-thrus they got, how many shares they got. I bet we're talking about a measly little number of people actually saw these things. And how were they different from all the crap put out by the real and fake media that really are Americans?

They had two protests. One anti-Trump, and one pro-Trump, at the same time, in NYC. Ok, did anyone even hear of this? Anyone see it?

This is absurd.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Well sure, if you look hard enough under the hood of the car they are looking at, you're BOUND to find something...not really my point.

I'm talking about BEFORE the investigation began...that's the time when these questions should have had some answers...

Carter Page and the dossier (peppered with foreign agent contributions <gasp>) seem to be the impetus for all of this...that and Clinton actually losing of course (another <gasp>).

I guess the end result of all of this will prove one of us correct in the end.

The investigation is happening and its finding stuff. That's a good thing. At the end of the day who knows what all will come out but I think jamming up foreign nationals for interfering with our elections is a good thing. I think dropping the axe on money-launderers is also a good thing. That's two good things to come out of this investigation without any relation to Trump so double thumbs up :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Your point about the dossier is moot the investigation was already ordered prior to that. Trump's own memo shows that.

Furthermore I don't get your foreign power thing here. Steele wasn't a foreign agent he was a retired agent. If I hire JR to do some investigative work for me I don't go around telling people I have the Baltimore PD looking into it for me.

davew
02-16-2018, 03:23 PM

The DNC hired Steele to get dirt on the Trump organization. Steele got dirt on the Trump organization. The leap you are making is that the Dems therefore colluded with a foreign power. They didn't they hired a former intelligence officer to investigate Trump.

Cody Shearer ( a longtime Clinton ally) gave Steele much of his dossier.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/grassley-memo-bombshell-clinton-ally-fed-dirt-trump-dossier-author-steele/

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 03:39 PM
The investigation is happening and its finding stuff. That's a good thing. At the end of the day who knows what all will come out but I think jamming up foreign nationals for interfering with our elections is a good thing. I think dropping the axe on money-launderers is also a good thing. That's two good things to come out of this investigation without any relation to Trump so double thumbs up :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Your point about the dossier is moot the investigation was already ordered prior to that. Trump's own memo shows that.

Furthermore I don't get your foreign power thing here. Steele wasn't a foreign agent he was a retired agent. If I hire JR to do some investigative work for me I don't go around telling people I have the Baltimore PD looking into it for me.

Oh, stop it. Everyone was quick to jump on Trump Jr. for meeting with that Russian woman attorney. She wasn't part of the Russian government either, but that didn't stop all the libs from shouting collusion.

woodtoo
02-16-2018, 03:45 PM

Im positive you have never read the dossier and only follow tweets.

woodtoo
02-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Cody Shearer ( a longtime Clinton ally) gave Steele much of his dossier.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/grassley-memo-bombshell-clinton-ally-fed-dirt-trump-dossier-author-steele/

They thought he would give it relevancy being a non-Russian and all.
Nellie Ohr also had much input, Steele forged the signature.

JustRalph
02-16-2018, 03:57 PM
I just heard on the radio that basically Mueller has indicted some bots :lol:

Up next, Putin’s mouse......

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 03:59 PM
Im positive you have never read the dossier and only follow tweets.

I don't follow any tweets.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-16-2018, 04:12 PM

:3: - There was. It was happening months before she lost.

I'm going all in on the :4: horse that is called, Thisiscompletebs

He has good breeding and a mudder for a mother. He'll win this shitfest.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 04:24 PM
I'm going all in on the :4: horse that is called, Thisiscompletebs

He has good breeding and a mudder for a mother. He'll win this shitfest.

Except it's not.

I never thought this would be a place where the arrest of crooked people was treated like it was nothing.

You guys are hilarious. Incapable of objectivity.

How is the arrest of money launderers and crooked Russians a bad thing?

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 04:25 PM
Except it's not.

I never thought this would be a place where the arrest of crooked people was treated like it was nothing.

How is the arrest of money launderers and crooked Russians a bad thing?There has been no objectivity from ANYONE involved with ANY of this...including anyone commenting here...and I do mean ANYONE

Case in point. You saying Trump firing Comey was just cause for the investigation.

Are you telling me if Trump hadn't fired Comey and there was NO investigation subsequently, you'd be OK with that? LULZ

davew
02-16-2018, 04:27 PM
I just heard on the radio that basically Mueller has indicted some bots :lol:

Up next, Putin’s mouse......

I can't wait for the trial, or will they evade capture?

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 04:36 PM
There has been no objectivity from ANYONE involved with ANY of this...including anyone commenting here...and I do mean ANYONE

Case in point. You saying Trump firing Comey was just cause for the investigation.

Are you telling me if Trump hadn't fired Comey and there was NO investigation subsequently, you'd be OK with that? LULZ

If Trump hadn't fired Comey there would have not have been a special investigator no.

The FBI was investigating Russian interference prior. Firing Comey prompted the creation of a special investigator. Do you understand this? The FBI was already investigating it. Trump found out and the FBI director was sacked. Are they related? I don't know and I don't care it was a pretty stupid move in hindsight though.

Did Russia interfere with our elections? Yes. Do I want that investigated and anyone connected in any way prosecuted you bet your ass I do because I'm an American and I hate Russians. ;)

Catching money launderers and Russian thugs good thing? Yes or no.

Lemon Drop Husker
02-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Except it's not.

How is the arrest of money launderers and crooked Russians a bad thing?

I have no problem with guilty people getting charged.

I have a problem with partisan involvement.

Get the rats out of the nest. I don't care who they are.

boxcar
02-16-2018, 04:41 PM
So... what did I get wrong?

Trump fired Comey ---> Special Investigation ordered.

Whether or not Comey wanted his job is irrelevant. One action begot the other.

Do you know why Trump fired Comey?

Tom
02-16-2018, 04:41 PM
If Trump hadn't fired Comey there would have not have been a special investigator no.

If comey had done his job, he wouldn't have been fired.
He was obviously protecting Hillary.
He should be facing criminal charges.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 04:46 PM
I have no problem with guilty people getting charged.

I have a problem with partisan involvement.

Get the rats out of the nest. I don't care who they are.

Agreed but this mouse trap is catching lots of rats. That is a good thing.

fast4522
02-16-2018, 04:47 PM

That is correct, and we did inside Russia.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-meddling-in-1996-russian-elections-in-support-of-boris-yeltsin/5568288

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 04:48 PM
If comey had done his job, he wouldn't have been fired.
He was obviously protecting Hillary.
He should be facing criminal charges.

Please dude. Comey was a hero on here when he reopened the Hillary case 10 days before the election.

A...

hero...

And in any case it doesn't matter if Trump didn't do anything... something I'm inclined to actually believe that. He will be fine and this thing is going to take down a bunch of pieces of ####.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 04:51 PM

The FBI was investigating Russian interference prior. Firing Comey prompted the creation of a special investigator. Do you understand this? The FBI was already investigating it. Trump found out and the FBI director was sacked. Are they related? I don't know and I don't care it was a pretty stupid move in hindsight though.

Did Russia interfere with our elections? Yes. Do I want that investigated and anyone connected in any way prosecuted you bet your ass I do because I'm an American and I hate Russians. ;)

Catching money launderers and Russian thugs good thing? Yes or no.But if Trump hadn't fired Comey and there was no investigation (I believe there would have been an investigation regardless if Comey was still there or not), then they wouldn't have been able to indict all of these monsters thus far...surely you couldn't be for this outcome.

Yeah, Trump "found out" about the investigation and fired Comey...you actually believe that's why he was fired?

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Please dude. Comey was a hero on here when he reopened the Hillary case 10 days before the election.

A...

hero...

And in any case it doesn't matter if Trump didn't do anything... something I'm inclined to actually believe he will be fine and this thing is going to take down a bunch of pieces of ####.And Comey was a hero to the left when he exonerated Clinton at first, then became a pariah when he reopened, then became a hero again when Trump fired him...a whole lot of nothing at every turn.

fast4522
02-16-2018, 04:54 PM

A...

hero...

And in any case it doesn't matter if Trump didn't do anything... something I'm inclined to actually believe he will be fine and this thing is going to take down a bunch of pieces of ####.

James Comey is a millionaire because of the Clintons, been tight going way back. He was the Clinton's Anita Hill following them around enriching all the way.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 05:03 PM
But if Trump hadn't fired Comey and there was no investigation (I believe there would have been an investigation regardless if Comey was still there or not), then they wouldn't have been able to indict all of these monsters thus far...surely you couldn't be for this outcome.

Yeah, Trump "found out" about the investigation and fired Comey...you actually believe that's why he was fired?

I don't care why he was fired. Russian interference was already being investigated. Trump denied it happened even though EVERYBODY thought it did and when word got out the FBI was already on it Comey was sacked. I don't care about the particulars as to why though I can guess and I ordering a special investigation in light of all of that seemed logical.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 05:05 PM
And Comey was a hero to the left when he exonerated Clinton at first, then became a pariah when he reopened, then became a hero again when Trump fired him...a whole lot of nothing at every turn.

Or maybe he's just a FBI guy... and a bit of an idiot.

Hillary lost.

You don't think having a FBI investigation reopened a week before the election might have affected some votes? Or was it a deep state Democrat plan to suffer one of the most surprising defeats in electoral history just so their deep state mole at the FBI could get Trump. :rolleyes:

Comeys history isn't really all that partisan no matter how much some on here want to make it out to be.

He was a hero on here. Now a pariah.

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 05:10 PM

A...

hero...

And in any case it doesn't matter if Trump didn't do anything... something I'm inclined to actually believe that. He will be fine and this thing is going to take down a bunch of pieces of ####.

Do you ever put things in context? Of course we thought Comey was a hero. Anyone with an IQ over 70 knew that Hilary having her own server, deleting 30,000 emails, trying to wipe her server clean, busting cell phone with hammers, and having her laptops disappear was all way, way more than enough curcumstantial evidence that she was up to no good. And we all heard her lie through her teeth about all these things as well. So of course he was a hero if he was going to investigate what was definitely needing investigation.... until he proved to be corrupt himself during the press conference where he exonerated her.

Which is why he was fired. He's corrupt. Trump's error was not firing him on day 1.

fast4522
02-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Do you ever put things in context? Of course we thought Comey was a hero. Anyone with an IQ over 70 knew that Hilary having her own server, deleting 30,000 emails, trying to wipe her server clean, busting cell phone with hammers, and having her laptops disappear was all way, way more than enough curcumstantial evidence that she was up to no good. And we all heard her lie through her teeth about all these things as well. So of course he was a hero if he was going to investigate what was definitely needing investigation.... until he proved to be corrupt himself during the press conference where he exonerated her.

Which is why he was fired. He's corrupt. Trump's error was not firing him on day 1.

That narrative does not serve the never Trump people like him.

woodtoo
02-16-2018, 05:22 PM
I just read the indictments.......really:lol::lol::lol:

It is actually in all seriousness, pretty funny.

_______
02-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Or maybe he's just a FBI guy... and a bit of an idiot.

Hillary lost.

You don't think having a FBI investigation reopened a week before the election might have affected some votes? No it was a deep state Democrat plan to suffer one of the most surprising defeats in electoral history just so their deep state mole at the FBI could get Trump. :rolleyes:

Comeys history isn't really all that partisan no matter how much some on here want to make it out to be.

He was a hero on here. Now a pariah.

You seem like an otherwise bright guy. Yet I see you on here repeatedly arguing with cultists.

It’s not like there is even a moderate success rate in converting people from deeply held religious beliefs by reasoning with them. And that is what you are trying to do.

Obama’s birth certificate was my “aha” moment. It was pointless arguing with anyone who still believed that steaming pile of crap in 2010. Yet there are still devotees on this very board.

The argument used to be that there was no evidence Russia tried to influence the election in favor of Trump. Now the argument is that influencing other countries elections is the normal course of business. We won’t comment on how wrong our initial argument was. We’ll just discuss “nothing burgers” ad nauseum.

Good Luck. I admire your fortitude. But I honestly think you are wasting your time.

woodtoo
02-16-2018, 05:45 PM
Here's a real gem...Obama's SOS John Kerry approved U.S. travel VISA's for two of the
Russian operatives indicted by Mueller for election tampering.
@True Pundit

woodtoo
02-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Mueller and Kerry go way, way back they played on the same hockey team like 50 years ago. Proof of an old collusion.

jocko699
02-16-2018, 05:50 PM
I just read the indictments.......really:lol::lol::lol:

It is actually in all seriousness, pretty funny.

Mueller has to somehow justify the money being spent in these investigations.

woodtoo
02-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Dont worry were safe now they are all back in Russia sipping vodka.

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 06:02 PM
You seem like an otherwise bright guy. Yet I see you on here repeatedly arguing with cultists.

It’s not like there is even a moderate success rate in converting people from deeply held religious beliefs by reasoning with them. And that is what you are trying to do.

Obama’s birth certificate was my “aha” moment. It was pointless arguing with anyone who still believed that steaming pile of crap in 2010. Yet there are still devotees on this very board.

The argument used to be that there was no evidence Russia tried to influence the election in favor of Trump. Now the argument is that influencing other countries elections is the normal course of business. We won’t comment on how wrong our initial argument was. We’ll just discuss “nothing burgers” ad nauseum.

Good Luck. I admire your fortitude. But I honestly think you are wasting your time.

And you are a fibber. Everyone argued that there was no evidence of Trump collusion. Still isn't.

Regardless of the above, these indictments are laughable. Our own media, department of justice, politicians, and ordinary citizens did far worse to unfairly and falsely influence our election.

Show Me the Wire
02-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Since the U.S. now has set precedent for indicting foreign nationals for trying to influence U.S. national elections, do you think other countries may follow suit?

Is it possible Israel may indict Obama and others for interfering in its national elections? Possibly Egypt may indict Obama too, as well as other countries involved in the Arab Spring.

Fager Fan
02-16-2018, 06:05 PM
Since the U.S. now has set precedent for indicting foreign nationals for trying to influence U.S. national elections, do you think other countries may follow suit?

Is it possible Israel may indict Obama and others for interfering in its national elections. Possibly Egypt may indict Obama too, as well as other countries involved in the Arab Spring.

I'd love it.

Do these numbskulls even understand Twitter? It isn't very easy at all to get a substantial number of followers unless they're famous. They could've all had 2 followers who weren't part of their group for all we know.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 06:36 PM

It's mostly just mindless entertainment and an interesting study in cult of personality.

boxcar
02-16-2018, 06:57 PM

A...

hero...

I'll ask again: Do you know the specific reason for why Trump fired Comey?

chadk66
02-16-2018, 07:06 PM
well it's nice to know we spent tens of millions if not hundreds to indict some Russians on charges we will never try then on lol. hopefully we can get on with solving this countries problems now :lol:

_______
02-16-2018, 07:07 PM

Could it possibly be the reason he gave Lester Holt immediately afterwards?

Just a guess.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2018, 07:10 PM

No and again I don't care.

I do care that Russia involves itself in our elections and I'd like them to be prevented or hampered from doing it.

Apparently no one else cares about that which seems pretty un-American to me.

_______
02-16-2018, 07:10 PM
I'd love it.

Do these numbskulls even understand Twitter? It isn't very easy at all to get a substantial number of followers unless they're famous. They could've all had 2 followers who weren't part of their group for all we know.

No one understands twitter like you do.

http://buytwitterfollowersreview.org

OntheRail
02-16-2018, 08:02 PM
So I guess you really can indite a pickle. Is Mueller going after Twitter and Facebook... I mean they provide the platform. And you can't tell me they had no idea "WHO" was from "WHERE".

Mueller has the crew.... and now can duck for cover while claiming victory. :coffee:

(Yes I know it's posted in other topic.. damn Russians and their computer voodoo) :pout:

davew
02-16-2018, 08:05 PM
And you are a fibber. Everyone argued that there was no evidence of Trump collusion. Still isn't.

Regardless of the above, these indictments are laughable. Our own media, department of justice, politicians, and ordinary citizens did far worse to unfairly and falsely influence our election.

Yes, but now there is evidence of Trump 'obstruction of lib justice'

chadk66
02-16-2018, 08:05 PM
So I guess you really can indite a pickle. Is Mueller going after Twitter and Facebook... I mean they provide the platform. And you can't tell me they had no idea "WHO" was from "WHERE".

Mueller has the crew.... and now can duck for cover while claiming victory. :coffee:

(Yes I know it's posted in other topic.. damn Russians and their computer voodoo) :pout:
who's on first that much he knows :pound:

boxcar
02-16-2018, 08:19 PM
Could it possibly be the reason he gave Lester Holt immediately afterwards?

Just a guess.

And just what wold that reason be?

boxcar
02-16-2018, 08:20 PM

Hmm...good point. Accessory Before the Fact?

boxcar
02-16-2018, 08:38 PM
Agreed but this mouse trap is catching lots of rats. That is a good thing.

Mouse traps can only catch mice. And a mouse ain't a rat.

Tom
02-16-2018, 08:43 PM

My cult leader can kick your cult leader's ass!
My Kool Aid is better than your Kool aid.

nya nya nya nyanya! :headbanger:

davew
02-16-2018, 08:45 PM
OMG, Schiff realizes that the Russian 2014 internet intrusion was not Trumps fault -> 0bama failed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5402063/Top-Dem-says-Obama-shares-blame-Russia-meddling.html

Tom
02-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Good old Schiff for brains.
What an Eintstein!

fast4522
02-16-2018, 09:22 PM
What an Eintstein!

Good one.:lol:

JustRalph
02-16-2018, 11:25 PM
What an Eintstein!

An oldie but goodie comes back around! :lol:

horses4courses
02-17-2018, 12:02 AM
It's all getting a bit too giddy in here for my liking.
Sort of reminds me of this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWCHSofq9A

Tom
02-17-2018, 12:12 AM
Advice for you.....

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2018, 01:07 AM

Good Luck. I admire your fortitude. But I honestly think you are wasting your time.The waste of time is this stupid Russia investigation.

If you don't think, for one second, Russia hasn't been influencing (or trying to influence, at the very least) every single election held that they could POSSIBLY influence, then you are the idiotic cultist.

But NOW, all of a sudden, because Hillary ****ed up big time and lost to someone like Trump, NOW it's an issue.

Please. Do NOT insult my intelligence by trying to insist otherwise.

This goes DOUBLE for elysiantraveller.

Fager Fan
02-17-2018, 01:54 AM
The waste of time is this stupid Russia investigation.

If you don't think, for one second, Russia hasn't been influencing (or trying to influence, at the very least) every single election held that they could POSSIBLY influence, then you are the idiotic cultist.

But NOW, all of a sudden, because Hillary ****ed up big time and lost to someone like Trump, NOW it's an issue.

Please. Do NOT insult my intelligence by trying to insist otherwise.

This goes DOUBLE for elysiantraveller.

Had they actually rigged our election somehow, broke into our voting system, then that'd be huge news, a huge deal.

This? They took to social media and voiced opinions for or against candidates? I mean, whoopdedoo.

And the indictments are based on them hiding that they were Russians instead of Americans voicing their opinion?

I recall seeing plenty of Canadians and Australians and British bashing mostly Trump leading up to the election. Nationality hidden or not, couldn't those voices have influenced voters just as much (including if any)? Maybe we should drum up some charges against them?

This is just absurd. This is what we're getting for the tens of millions and daily crap over Russia! Russia! Russia!?

And yet Sheppard Smith is wetting himself over this.

RunForTheRoses
02-17-2018, 07:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=pA-brpeWo1w

Tom
02-17-2018, 09:43 AM
In reality, the Kennedy Krime Family did much to influence the 1960 POTUS election that the RUSSIANS did in 2016.

Involved organized crime to boot.

Where is the outrage over, Jack, who, horsey, cheated on HIS wife right in the WH, and was a freaking drug addict????

Reality, boys, always worth shooting for it.

boxcar
02-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Had they actually rigged our election somehow, broke into our voting system, then that'd be huge news, a huge deal.

This? They took to social media and voiced opinions for or against candidates? I mean, whoopdedoo.

And the indictments are based on them hiding that they were Russians instead of Americans voicing their opinion?

I recall seeing plenty of Canadians and Australians and British bashing mostly Trump leading up to the election. Nationality hidden or not, couldn't those voices have influenced voters just as much (including if any)? Maybe we should drum up some charges against them?

This is just absurd. This is what we're getting for the tens of millions and daily crap over Russia! Russia! Russia!?

And yet Sheppard Smith is wetting himself over this.

I wonder when the CPUSA will be indicted! After all, they're funded by the Ruskies to a large extent. I wonder how come FISA warrants are never issued against this mighty fine, upstanding anti-American organization of mostly American-born commie lovers who work day and night trying to subvert our constitutional republic?

reckless
02-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Interesting week just past and the too-cool-for-school juveniles gear up with their hilarious blame Trump idiocy.

Why don't some of you lunatics and bashers simply follow the dots and all this wasted stupidity could be put to an end ...

First ... emails come out that basically say Comey told Trump and others that Gen. Michael Flynn never lied during their investigations pertaining to the 'Russia' collusion hoax during the campaign/transition.

Then ... we have the high school shooting in Florida where word soon comes out that the FBI once again failed the American people. Between the Boston Marathon bombings, this Florida shooting... the FBI drops the ball more times than Marv Thronberry. One big difference though: Marvelous Marv's stone hands were never responsible for the murder of dozens of innocent people, like the FBI routinely is.

And now ... here comes the FBI and their indictment against 'Russian' nationalists, some of whom even held pro-Trump rallies in Manhattan, that hardly ever gets mentioned by the press !!

This last stunt by the corrupt and incompetent FBI was done strictly to get the real serious treasonous issues off the headlines and and Cable news outlets. That's it and only that.

Another ruse and swerve aimed at and for the hate Trump and blame America nimrods and useful idiots.

JustRalph
02-17-2018, 11:36 AM
So Hillary and the DNC paid a foreign agent (Steele) to compile a dossier on Trump for use to influence the election. Steele was not registered as a foreign agent etc.

So why has he not been indicted along with Hillary and the DNC? They did exactly the same thing?

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Nah...they paid Fusion GPS who in turn paid Steele...always clever those Clintons...:lol::puke:

JustRalph
02-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Nah...they paid Fusion GPS who in turn paid Steele...always clever those Clintons...:lol::puke:

That’s why they could be guilty of conspiracy. Which is actually worse sometimes.

OntheRail
02-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Okay seeing as Muleherder says what the Russian Nationals did was illegal... that includes the purchase of Millions in online ADs. Should not those that profited from these Illegal transaction face some sanctions as well. I mean if it's a crime to purchase said ads should it not be a crime to profit them... kind of like receiving stolen goods they get confiscated. :coffee:

fast4522
02-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Okay seeing as Muleherder says what the Russian Nationals did was illegal... that includes the purchase of Millions in online ADs. Should not those that profited from these Illegal transaction face some sanctions as well. I mean if it's a crime to purchase said ads should it not be a crime to profit them... kind of like receiving stolen goods they get confiscated. :coffee:

Ya how do you think that is going to work out for you?:lol:

chadk66
02-17-2018, 01:26 PM
this whole thing has really turned into a damn side show. Mueller had nothing on Trump so he said screw it let's just come up with some stupid ponzi scheme the Russians pulled. That'll justify our huge budget and the dumb ass people in this country will believe it. It's just hilarious in reality.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2018, 01:30 PM
this whole thing has really turned into a damn side show. Mueller had nothing on Trump so he said screw it let's just come up with some stupid ponzi scheme the Russians pulled. That'll justify our huge budget and the dumb ass people in this country will believe it. It's just hilarious in reality.Oh no, this is very serious business don't you know?

The Russians are about to topple our very democracy, using what team Mueller terms "troll farms." Who could have imagined the single greatest and most powerful nation in the world could be toppled by a troll farm.

All those ads...all those social media posts...they were the tipping point of the election!

Never mind all the anti-Trump trolls...the anti-Trump ads...the anti-Trump media...the anti-Trump social media posts...the anti-Trump late night talk show hosts...the anti-Trump Hollywood...the anti-Trump SNL...the anti-Trump Europe...

Those had no effect...all those anti-Trump folks were OVERWHELMED by the Russian "troll farms."

Oh hell, forget all that...you're right chad...freakin' hilarious!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

(But if I don't cry over all of this, according to ellysian, I'm as anti-American as they come...:pound:)

fast4522
02-17-2018, 01:42 PM
Oh no, this is very serious business don't you know?

The Russians are about to topple our very democracy, using what team Mueller terms "troll farms." Who could have imagined the single greatest and most powerful nation in the world could be toppled by a troll farm.

All those ads...all those social media posts...they were the tipping point of the election!

Never mind all the anti-Trump trolls...the anti-Trump ads...the anti-Trump media...the anti-Trump social media posts...the anti-Trump late night talk show hosts...the anti-Trump Hollywood...the anti-Trump SNL...the anti-Trump Europe...

Those had no effect...all those anti-Trump folks were OVERWHELMED by the Russian "troll farms."

Oh hell, forget all that...you're right chad...freakin' hilarious!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

(But if I don't cry over all of this, according to ellysian, I'm as anti-American as they come...:pound:)

Until they throw the towel on the floor he feels that he can slow the train down, full well knowing nothing can stop the Trump train that has left the station. He will squeal like a pig every policy stop that the train roars by. Every time we hear the squeal we should poke with the sharp stick.

davew
02-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Mueller is not done. just a Friday news dump to divert attention away from FBI not doing anything when warned about crazy kid before Florida school shooting.

chadk66
02-17-2018, 03:05 PM
but but obamas red line :pound: And I thought this place was the troll farm :lol:

boxcar
02-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Mueller is not done. just a Friday news dump to divert attention away from FBI not doing anything when warned about crazy kid before Florida school shooting.

I still maintain this non-response was deliberate, on purpose. What better way for the radical left to stir up frantic cries from genuinely concerned parents (albeit many of whom are ill-informed) all over the nation for the federal government to do something draconian and radical about the "gun problem", which is really not the problem.

In fact, someone told me recently that in a book which I think is titled "Behold the Pale Horse" (a phrase taken out of Revelations in the bible) that was published in the 80's, I think, predicted that so many of our kids would be on psychotropic drugs (more on this in a moment) that would drive them to do the insane things that are unfolding before our eyes, in order to derive the kind of result we're hearing and reading about with parents' outcries against the federal government (of which Trump is now the head). The whole idea is to have these kinds of shootings to manipulate the parents by preying on their fears and get them to demand action from the federal government.

Another possible reason for all the insanity we see today with our kids is: "It's the GMA in the Food, Stupid". Or another could be all these crazy vaccinations kids are forced to take "in the name of public safety", of course. All this anti-social behavior by our kids could be induced by one or a combination of any of the above mentioned factors.

Something else that we should not lose sight of: The major reason why the Left is so bent out of shape over Trump's victory in 2016 is because they were banking on at least having 16 straight years of radical leftist control in D.C.. They were counting on a Hillary victory so that she could continue and complete the Obama legacy. Obama scored no small victory for socialism when socialized medicine became law. (This is no small plank in socialist ideology.) Another big plank is tight limits on access to cash. (But we still have a little catching up with the EU on this item.) And another plank is gun control. And I'm sure most of us recall how radical Hillary's solutions were -- one of which was to make gun manufacturers civilly liable for shootings. Another of her solutions was to mandate the buyback of guns from owners by the feds just to get them out civilians' hands. I have to think that very high on Hillary's agenda would have been to stack the Supreme Court with leftists and then push hard for severe gun control laws -- possibly even pushing for the outlawing all ownership of weapons held by civilians -- all while neatly circumventing the Second Amendment. Once only law enforcement and criminals have all the guns, the rest of country is at their mercy.

If I can find some time, I'll try to do some research on the above mentioned book.

Tom
02-17-2018, 04:03 PM
but but obamas red line :pound: And I thought this place was the troll farm :lol:

I didn't even know horsey was RUSSIAN!

davew
02-17-2018, 04:09 PM
I didn't even know horsey was RUSSIAN!

He isn't, but the Russians have control of his computer so that when he is not watching, becomes part of the RusBotNet.

CincyHorseplayer
02-17-2018, 05:31 PM
Oh no, this is very serious business don't you know?

Good stuff:ThmbUp:

The thing that gets me in all this is completely obvious. Those who lean towards the conservative/Republican side are always hearing how are we "not concerned with this assault on the democratic process?". So yes we are but isn't this supposed to be an investigation into how Russia interfered with the democratic process in the 2016 election? It's not a how did Trump and Russia steal the 2016 election. It's all the moving parts, winners AND losers and everybody else that had any influence on the process including the former White House. Where is the totality from the other side if they are so worried?

But there are no answers to that so I agree:D

Tom
02-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Telling the truth is never interfering.

Paying the mafia to get your sexually perverted kid elected POTUS IS interfering.

Manipulating the primary to eliminate the candidate of the people, no how much of an idiot he is, is interfering.

Leaking debate questions to one party is interfering.

We are dealing with the stupidest people in the world here.
Or the most dishonest.

Trump should keep DACA and deport DNC.
We would be better off.

horses4courses
02-17-2018, 08:36 PM
He isn't, but the Russians have control of his computer so that when he is not watching, becomes part of the RusBotNet.

Hmmm...could explain a few things.

They came up with Pletcher's horse in the Risen Star today.
Rough day at the track.......:bang:

FantasticDan
02-18-2018, 12:01 AM
https://twitter.com/kbandersen/status/964884205787328517

woodtoo
02-18-2018, 01:59 AM
Very impressive speculation in this piece Dan, speculation none the less.
they got them thar ruskies by gosh Mr. Presidente, admit it damn it, just admit it.:rolleyes: One guy has Putin connection.Putin loves Trump.

hcap
02-18-2018, 05:54 AM
Trump may be the only 400 lb fat guy tweeting from his basement.

FNC’s Shep Smith: After Indictments Mueller Probe ‘Opposite of a Hoax’

https://youtu.be/K9LLcrBasLc

boxcar
02-18-2018, 07:22 AM

https://youtu.be/K9LLcrBasLc

Per that banner across the screen, all dimwits should indicted for sowing political discord in the country. That is what their cherished identity politics is all about. Divide and Conquer. :coffee:

JustRalph
02-18-2018, 08:34 AM

You speakam big truth......

woodtoo
02-18-2018, 08:53 AM
It really does seem to be up to the puppet masters as to when this is shut down (investigation)
Mueller hides silently behind his desk waiting on his next order.
He has no balls of his own. He has been "owned" for years,

Tom
02-18-2018, 10:06 AM

hcap using FOX as a source? :pound::pound::pound::pound:

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2018, 10:39 AM

https://youtu.be/K9LLcrBasLcThe most overblown steaming pile of bullshit I think I have ever seen.

Making it out like this is something that has never happened before . . . people masquerading as something they are not to curry political favor or convince someone WEAK to vote one way or another.

Thanks for the news flash Shep.

Thanks for the news flash that the Russians want to dick around with America.

You should see the REALLY SERIOUS SHIT they try to get away with that ISN'T RELATED TO POLITICS.

Fager Fan
02-18-2018, 11:50 AM
The most overblown steaming pile of bullshit I think I have ever seen.

Making it out like this is something that has never happened before . . . people masquerading as something they are not to curry political favor or convince someone WEAK to vote one way or another.

Thanks for the news flash Shep.

You should see the REALLY SERIOUS SHIT they try to get away with that ISN'T RELATED TO POLITICS.

I stated twice that Shep was wetting himself. This video was what I was talking about as I saw it live. He total mischaracterized this, and ramped up the drama 20x.

fast4522
02-18-2018, 12:28 PM
You speakam big truth......

JR,

Is your response to DaveW in saying that Robert Mueller is an employee of the DOJ and as such is a officer of the court and bound by law to dig into illegality by members of the Clinton campaign and or members of the Obama administration or his purview limited to Russian interference alone?

boxcar
02-18-2018, 01:16 PM
I stated twice that Shep was wetting himself. This video was what I was talking about as I saw it live. He total mischaracterized this, and ramped up the drama 20x.

He's FNC's star drama queen.

FantasticDan
02-18-2018, 02:44 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/965306637870419968

FantasticDan
02-18-2018, 02:47 PM
https://twitter.com/funder/status/965289167591755776

OntheRail
02-18-2018, 02:53 PM

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
7h7 hours ago

I never said Russia did not meddle in the election, I said “it may be Russia, or China or another country or group, or it may be a 400 pound genius sitting in bed and playing with his computer.” The Russian “hoax” was that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia - it never did!
27,942 replies 20,054 retweets 76,606 likes

This is what the man said...

davew
02-18-2018, 02:54 PM
It really does seem to be up to the puppet masters as to when this is shut down (investigation)
Mueller hides silently behind his desk waiting on his next order.
He has no balls of his own. He has been "owned" for years,

I do not think he take orders, but gives them.. his mission ->

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39961732

boxcar
02-18-2018, 02:55 PM

No one with an IQ larger than a shoelace does either.

Show Me the Wire
02-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Mueller is a one trick pony.

Mueller’s unprecedented prosecution raises three novel arguments: first, that speaking out about American politics requires a foreign citizen to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act; second, that speaking out about American politics requires a foreign citizen list their source and expenditure of funding to the Federal Election Commission; and third, that mistakes on visa applications constitute “fraud” on the State Department. All appear to borrow from the now-discredited “honest services” theories Mueller’s team previously used in corporate and bribery cases, cases the Supreme Court overturned for their unconstitutional vagueness. The indictment raises serious issues under the free speech clause of the First Amendment and due process rights under the Fifth Amendment. https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/does-mueller-indictment-mean-clinton-campaign-can-be-indicted-for-chris-steele/ [emphasis added]

Show Me the Wire
02-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Now that Mueller is alleging that non-citizens committed a crime for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission, does it mean the DACA people who engaged in influencing the American public about the election shoud be indicted? How about the non-DACA illegal immigrants who protested immigration policy trying to influence elections? I am sure they did not register as froreign agents or record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission.

Mueller is grasping at straws and is potentially setting an ugly precedent with his bogus allegations of crimes.

elysiantraveller
02-18-2018, 04:54 PM

But Trump says Russia hasn't done anything and should be our friends...

So which is it? A conspiracy guy like you with your repeated comments about Obama's "wait until after the election" comment should be seeing one in every corner here.

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2018, 04:56 PM
But Trump says Russia hasn't done anything and should be our friends...

So which is it? A conspiracy guy like you with your repeated comments about Obama's "wait until after the election" comment should be seeing one in every corner here.Pretty sure he hasn't said they haven't done anything and also pretty sure he said we should have better relations with Russia...not that they should be our friends.

But that could just be my kool-aid drinking Trump ass-kissing syndrome kicking in...you would know better exactly what is said...maybe you can confirm.

Then again, Trump has probably said both things knowing him.

woodtoo
02-18-2018, 06:03 PM
I do not think he take orders, but gives them.. his mission ->

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39961732

His mandate appears to be whatever he decides it is and as long as he wants to.
Meh Russians are everywhere he wants them to be.

Tom
02-18-2018, 06:24 PM
Now that Mueller is alleging that non-citizens committed a crime for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission, does it mean the DACA people who engaged in influencing the American public about the election shoud be indicted? How about the non-DACA illegal immigrants who protested immigration policy trying to influence elections? I am sure they did not register as froreign agents or record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission.

Mueller is grasping at straws and is potentially setting an ugly precedent with his bogus allegations of crimes.

Great point.
Idict them all!
Then deport them.

This stuff happened in 2014, under 0bama, and before Trump declared his candidacy. 0bama and his people knew what was going and kept it quiet, planning to bury it should Hillary have own. When she did not, they called an audible.

0bama is the one who should be investigated.
0bama is the one who tried to fix the election though his inaction.

mostpost
02-18-2018, 07:09 PM
With all that's been going on and all that's been reported, I'm confused.

No. You obviously have no clue as to what is going on or you would not ask that question. Christopher Steele was hired first by the Free Beacon, then by the DNC to find damaging material against Trump.

Here are the differences between what the DNC did and what the Trump campaign and transition team did.

The DNC contracted with a British citizen and respected member of the international intelligence community to uncover actual wrong doing.

The Trump campaign conspired with Russian intelligence actors to disseminate specious rumors and lies.

The information in the Dossier was gathered from individual Russians and there is evidence to support many of them.

The accusations against the Hillary campaign are internet rumors supported by little or nothing.

I doubt if those 13 Russian nationals were indicted for speaking to Christopher Steele.

woodtoo
02-18-2018, 07:18 PM
No.

The information in the Dossier was gathered from individual Russians and there is evidence to support many of them.

nothing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:and the earth is flat.

OntheRail
02-18-2018, 07:20 PM
No. You obviously have no clue as to what is going on or you would not ask that question. Christopher Steele was hired first by the Free Beacon, then by the DNC to find damaging material against Trump.

Here are the differences between what the DNC did and what the Trump campaign and transition team did.

The DNC contracted with a British citizen and respected member of the international intelligence community to uncover actual wrong doing.
Bullshit

The Trump campaign conspired with Russian intelligence actors to disseminate specious rumors and lies.
Bullshit

Bullshit

The accusations against the Hillary campaign are internet rumors supported by little or nothing.
Bullshit

I doubt if those 13 Russian nationals were indicted for speaking to Christopher Steele.

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/tired-of-bullshit-memes/63133885.jpg.

mostpost
02-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Really, Mueller has diddly squat if this is his next move.

This investigation has really gone off course. Charging some Russians for "trolling" is what I see.
You just don't get it. Mueller is building his case one brick at a time. Flynn and Papadopoulos have been charged for lying to the FBI and are cooperating in the investigation. Manafort and Gates have been charged on several counts and it looks as if Gates will be turning states evidence soon.

I'm sure there are many threads being combined even as we speak-forgive the mixed metaphors. We will not know where this is all leading until the day Mueller hands down his indictments or recommends impeachment.

fast4522
02-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Pretty sure he hasn't said they haven't done anything and also pretty sure he said we should have better relations with Russia...not that they should be our friends.

But that could just be my kool-aid drinking Trump ass-kissing syndrome kicking in...you would know better exactly what is said...maybe you can confirm.

Then again, Trump has probably said both things knowing him.

According to Dan Pena "There is only two things that can f*&ck things up from being the greatest transformation of wealth ever.

1.) We go to war with Russia
2.) Monetary error with the Fed or World Bank putting the whole world into hyperinflation.

Other than that we could completely flatten NK or Iran or both and NO one would give a shit and business would act is if nothing is wrong.

In short Rudy Giuliani managed Trump as a insulator that no one could compromise his principal to any special counsel investigation.

It is all about the money, and has always been the driving plan.

This is not kool-aid Mike, it was always the plan to rock the world.

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2018, 07:34 PM

I doubt if those 13 Russian nationals were indicted for speaking to Christopher Steele.Wow.

If ellysian doesn't tear you a new one for the above then he is not to be counted on any longer for his "unbiased and objective political insights."

What a steaming pile that was.

davew
02-18-2018, 07:34 PM

You have the order wrong, here let me fix it for you

The DNC contracted with a British citizen and respected member of the international intelligence community to .... conspire with Russian intelligence actors to disseminate specious rumors and lies ... in the Dossier, gathered from individual Russians.

please provide evidence (or even crappy opinion piece) of this ->

elysiantraveller
02-18-2018, 09:13 PM
Wow.

If ellysian doesn't tear you a new one for the above then he is not to be counted on any longer for his "unbiased and objective political insights."

What a steaming pile that was.

Yes.

He's wrong.

We have no idea what was in the Steele dossier. We know it was enough verifiable Intel to be used in the FISA warrant. We also know that during his investigation Steele felt compelled to tell his buddy at the FBI that helped with the FIFA investigations.

Beyond that we really don't know anything.

As far as you with Trump and Russia yes he is completely denying their meddling. Another reason why sanctions aren't being enforced is the cockamamie argument that the threat of them is preventing them from meddling even though the CIA completely disagrees with this.

elysiantraveller
02-18-2018, 09:22 PM

The DNC contracted with a British citizen and respected member of the international intelligence community to uncover actual wrong doing. :1:

The Trump campaign conspired with Russian intelligence actors to disseminate specious rumors and lies. :2:

The information in the Dossier was gathered from individual Russians and there is evidence to support many of them. :3:

The accusations against the Hillary campaign are internet rumors supported by little or nothing. :4:

:1: - No it wasn't. It was opposition research. See if you can find stuff we can use... the campaign then elected not to use any of it but Steele contacted his buddy at the FBI.

:2: - There isn't any proof of this so stop. Might there be? Maybe, possibly but until then your theory is as good as anyone on the rights... not very. We do know that Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner are ****ing idiots but we already knew that anyway.

:3: - You have no idea where it came from. It came from sources verfiable enough to obtain a FISA warrant.

:4: - The accusations are largely pointless and mostly without merit. Some of the Clinton Foundation stuff is beyond shady and largely the reason Trump is President anyway. It's likely the same in reverse in that there is a lot of smoke and shady shit surrounding Trump and his campaign but likely very little that's actionable.

They both suck unbelievably bad but at least get some of it straight before you sound like the Trumpets on here... We already had 8 years of your mothership. ;)

I think the most likely worst-case outcome for Trump is that a few of his family members or people real close to family get popped for money laundering because they are idiots.

jocko699
02-18-2018, 09:33 PM
:1: - No it wasn't. It was opposition research. See if you can find stuff we can use... the campaign then elected not to use any of it but Steele contacted his buddy at the FBI.

:2: - There isn't any proof of this so stop. Might there be? Maybe, possibly but until then your theory is as good as anyone on the rights... not very. We do know that Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner are ****ing idiots but we already knew that anyway.

:3: - You have no idea where it came from. It came from sources verfiable enough to obtain a FISA warrant.

:4: - The accusations are largely pointless and mostly without merit. Some of the Clinton Foundation stuff is beyond shady and largely the reason Trump is President anyway. It's likely the same in reverse in that there is a lot of smoke and shady shit surrounding Trump and his campaign but likely very little that's actionable.

They both suck unbelievably bad but at least get some of it straight before you sound like the Trumpets on here... We already had 8 years of your mothership. ;)

I think the most likely worst-case outcome for Trump is that a few of his family members or people real close to family get popped for money laundering because they are idiots.

I agree with all except the last. I do not believe ANY family members have done anything wrong.

elysiantraveller
02-18-2018, 10:01 PM
I agree with all except the last. I do not believe ANY family members have done anything wrong.

Worst case outcome I'm not banking on it but I think if there is a big fish in the investigation that's likely it.

JustRalph
02-18-2018, 11:49 PM
Worst case outcome I'm not banking on it but I think if there is a big fish in the investigation that's likely it.

If not, they’ll make something up.

Trump should issue pre emotive pardons and get back to work.

CincyHorseplayer
02-18-2018, 11:56 PM
Isn't this the fiction American Pie theory. 4 virgins make it to senior prom and barely get laid?

Politics much like movies is pure bullshit.

There is no reality here.

CincyHorseplayer
02-18-2018, 11:59 PM
Profound yes I know! Thank you!:D

chadk66
02-19-2018, 09:49 AM
I think you've seen the best Mueller has to offer. Pretty solid sign of desperation when you indict 14 people you'll never put in a court room.

boxcar
02-19-2018, 10:04 AM
I think you've seen the best Mueller has to offer. Pretty solid sign of desperation when you indict 14 people you'll never put in a court room.

Hey...the deep state had to put a Russian label on the investigation, lest they come up totally empty and reveal themselves to the public for the subversive buffoons they are. :coffee: Now, they can pound their chest and brag about how they preserved justice, the American Way, apple pie and of course, this constitutional republic which they persist on mischaracterizing as a democracy.

fast4522
02-19-2018, 10:39 AM
If not, they’ll make something up.

Trump should issue pre emotive pardons and get back to work.

Jr, whose side your on, we are in the home stretch clean as a whistle. Everything from now on is just shear pain for the left, everything I have seen from Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III has been confidence in restoring the rule of law. So much so that much has been clear now inside his leadership role as the Attorney General. Home stretch I tell you.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Hey...the deep state had to put a Russian label on the investigation, lest they come up totally empty and reveal themselves to the public for the subversive buffoons they are. :coffee: Now, they can pound their chest and brag about how they preserved justice, the American Way, apple pie and of course, this constitutional republic which they persist on mischaracterizing as a democracy.If the deep state were a real threat, they'd simply manufacture evidence out of thin air to get Trump...I still think it's a very real possibility...

Maybe this whole deep state thing is a sham, or maybe they already have Trump playing ball like a good boy, so no need to kick him out...

But it would be rather simple for those doing the investigating to make something up out of thin air that would nail Trump to the wall big time. Maybe they've shown him what they can do and he said "Yes sir, anything you want."

boxcar
02-19-2018, 12:18 PM
If the deep state were a real threat, they'd simply manufacture evidence out of thin air to get Trump...I still think it's a very real possibility...

Maybe this whole deep state thing is a sham, or maybe they already have Trump playing ball like a good boy, so no need to kick him out...

But it would be rather simple for those doing the investigating to make something up out of thin air that would nail Trump to the wall big time. Maybe they've shown him what they can do and he said "Yes sir, anything you want."

I thought that was what the Steele Dossier was all about about -- manufactured evidence used to get a FISA warrant. What am I missing?

hcap
02-19-2018, 12:25 PM
Youse guys should know your prez's boyfriend agrees with you

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/putin-spox-indictment-doesnt-prove-russian-gov-involved

Putin Spox: U.S. Indictment Doesn’t Prove Russian Gov Involved ‘In Any Way’

So might as well ignore what our "deep state" fake news and hoaxers say.

This board is getting more delusional than ever.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 12:30 PM

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/putin-spox-indictment-doesnt-prove-russian-gov-involved

This board is getting more delusional than ever.It sure is...the longer Trump stays in office, the more delusional some people get...I agree

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 12:31 PM

This board is getting more delusional than ever.BTW, reading that link, it seems Putin took a page right out of the George Soros playbook...

woodtoo
02-19-2018, 12:36 PM
It sure is...the longer Trump stays in office, the more delusional some people get...I agree

I also agree.:jump:

hcap
02-19-2018, 12:54 PM
BTW, reading that link, it seems Putin took a page right out of the George Soros playbook...How come you didn't complain about Hillary or Obama using instead a minor kvetching figure of the alt right?

BTW, delusional means youse guys. Glad to see bolixed up car wearing his tin foil beanie and embrace the "deep state conspiracy" and can't wait for his Rapture, idiotic, biblical references. So when Trump goes down after the blue wave youse guys can claim those references were really about the anti-Christ, Trump not the deep state after all.

Nah youse guys will proudly parade on to Hell loving those pitchforks jabbing your bamboozled asses no matter what.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 12:57 PM
How come you didn't compilation about Hillary or Obama using instead a minor kvetching figure of the alt right?

BTW, delusional means youse guys. Glad to see bolixed up car has embraced the deep state conspiracy and can't wait for his Rapture, idiotic, biblical references. So when Trump goes down after the blue wave youse guys can claim those references were really about the anti-Christ, Trump not the deep state after all.

Nah youse guys will proudly parade on to Hell loving those pitchforks jabbing your bamboozled asses no matter what.You're about as unreadable as our friend from Australia in that other thread.

What the heck are you talking about? When have I ever accused anyone of being the anti-Christ?

LULZ

hcap
02-19-2018, 01:00 PM
You're about as unreadable as our friend from Australia in that other thread.

What the heck are you talking about? When have I ever accused anyone of being the anti-Christ?

LULZYou seem to agree with boxcar. He has called many anti-Christ many times before

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 01:04 PM
You seem to agree with boxcar. He has called many anti-Christ many times beforeI seem to agree with Boxcar? About what?

That there are members of US Intelligence actively working against the President? That's a no brainer. Their own texts revealed that to all of us...

And I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. If that counts as "deep state" and also agrees with something boxcar said, so be it.

hcap
02-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Delusional!

hcap
02-19-2018, 01:11 PM
More indictment soon

https://youtu.be/rwoKfxW--p8

JustRalph
02-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Delusional!

You deny the text messages?

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 01:16 PM
You deny the text messages?Oh Ralph...they were just concerned private citizens in those texts...not members of the intelligence community working on cases directly involving the two candidates for President.

What a silly, delusional man you are for thinking they were trying to subvert the process by injecting their own personal political beliefs. These are seasoned professionals damn it! :pound:

And that "insurance policy" they spoke of had no sinister connotations whatsoever...it was simply innocent banter...they were actually talking about a Gerber baby insurance policy for one of their kids, and the two texts somehow got mixed up together in a tech snafu.

Signed,

mostpost

fast4522
02-19-2018, 01:42 PM

LULZ

A paid bot, and extreme meet on the same medium.

fast4522
02-19-2018, 01:45 PM
More indictment soon

It is more likely that you would get a COLA increase.:lol:

thezeeman333
02-19-2018, 01:50 PM
:)21483

Tom
02-19-2018, 03:06 PM
***CAUTION***

DO NOT EAT
The Big Blue Mint!

boxcar
02-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Oh Ralph...they were just concerned private citizens in those texts...not members of the intelligence community working on cases directly involving the two candidates for President.

What a silly, delusional man you are for thinking they were trying to subvert the process by injecting their own personal political beliefs. These are seasoned professionals damn it! :pound:

And that "insurance policy" they spoke of had no sinister connotations whatsoever...it was simply innocent banter...they were actually talking about a Gerber baby insurance policy for one of their kids, and the two texts somehow got mixed up together in a tech snafu.

Signed,

mostpost

Wow! That's impressive. This is how Mosty performs his sleight of hand tricks? Thanks for the inside look at his cerebral labyrinth wherein a skilled brain surgeon would dare not venture in. Kool :cool: :ThmbUp:

steveb
02-19-2018, 03:53 PM

LULZ

maybe you are just crap at comprehension.
much more likely in fact.
that's what happens when you are blinkered.

and again i am only commenting because of somebody unnecessarily bringing my name up.

jocko699
02-19-2018, 03:56 PM
***CAUTION***

DO NOT EAT
The Big Blue Mint!

Ummm, not going to go there. I just got off the naughty mat:pout::pout:

Tom
02-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Steve,
Here, have a big blue mint and let bygones be bygones.

CincyHorseplayer
02-19-2018, 04:04 PM
How come you didn't complain about Hillary or Obama using instead a minor kvetching figure of the alt right?

BTW, delusional means youse guys. Glad to see bolixed up car wearing his tin foil beanie and embrace the "deep state conspiracy" and can't wait for his Rapture, idiotic, biblical references. So when Trump goes down after the blue wave youse guys can claim those references were really about the anti-Christ, Trump not the deep state after all.

Nah youse guys will proudly parade on to Hell loving those pitchforks jabbing your bamboozled asses no matter what.

This the funniest thing I have seen all week! :cool:

What amazes me is how politics is the new religion. The Puritanical outrage. The Nazistic devotion to your own truth that demands stripping every non believer of their individual civil liberties. It is inspiring! This mentality is going to create the revolution against all you hold high.

steveb
02-19-2018, 04:11 PM
Ummm, not going to go there. I just got off the naughty mat:pout::pout:

don't worry, i can assure you that you're not the only wanker here.
there is nothing naughty about it, unless of course you are puritanical!

Fager Fan
02-19-2018, 04:23 PM

The one and only person in the entire country who thinks this.

Congratulations.

boxcar
02-19-2018, 04:25 PM
This the funniest thing I have seen all week! :cool:

What amazes me is how politics is the new religion. The Puritanical outrage. The Nazistic devotion to your own truth that demands stripping every non believer of their individual civil liberties. It is inspiring! This mentality is going to create the revolution against all you hold high.

I see that history (among other things) is, apparently, not your strong suit. If you weren't so ignorant of it, you wouldn't be so amazed at how, historically, politics and religion became so easily religion synthesized -- going all the way back to the first world empire Egypt's pharaohs and carried right on through the god-man Caesars of the ancient Roman Empire.

As a wise man once said (to paraphrase): Ain't nothin' new under the sun.

Amazing how true this is. :coffee:

davew
02-19-2018, 04:27 PM
The one and only person in the entire country who thinks this.

Congratulations.

There are much more, possibly over 30% that have the dim disease.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2018, 04:28 PM
maybe you are just crap at comprehension.
much more likely in fact.
that's what happens when you are blinkered.

and again i am only commenting because of somebody unnecessarily bringing my name up.I know...you're just a super nice guy living in the land of paradise.

CincyHorseplayer
02-19-2018, 07:09 PM
I see that history (among other things) is, apparently, not your strong suit. If you weren't so ignorant of it, you wouldn't be so amazed at how, historically, politics and religion became so easily religion synthesized -- going all the way back to the first world empire Egypt's pharaohs and carried right on through the god-man Caesars of the ancient Roman Empire.

As a wise man once said (to paraphrase): Ain't nothin' new under the sun.

Amazing how true this is. :coffee:

In modern day America where religion itself is taboo, politics is the new religion. After your chastisement the rest of your post was supposed to be a lesson of sorts? How self congratulatory! And dumb as f**k!:D

boxcar
02-19-2018, 07:51 PM
In modern day America where religion itself is taboo, politics is the new religion. After your chastisement the rest of your post was supposed to be a lesson of sorts? How self congratulatory! And dumb as f**k!:D

Now you're really parading your ignorance. Religion is "taboo" when it comes to God, but when it comes to man (especially in the context of politics), many of us are all too eager to don religion garb and fill the God-vacuum that the godless created in the first place. That's how it worked in ages past, and it still works the same way in "modern day America".

And by the way, when someone has to use vulgarity in discourse that's a sure sign of another vacuum...between that person's ears. Just sayin'...

CincyHorseplayer
02-20-2018, 12:19 AM
Now you're really parading your ignorance. Religion is "taboo" when it comes to God, but when it comes to man (especially in the context of politics), many of us are all too eager to don religion garb and fill the God-vacuum that the godless created in the first place. That's how it worked in ages past, and it still works the same way in "modern day America".

And by the way, when someone has to use vulgarity in discourse that's a sure sign of another vacuum...between that person's ears. Just sayin'...

Bravo. WE both think each other are stupid. Don't mind agreeing on something!:cool:

hcap
02-20-2018, 02:13 AM
You deny the text messages?Of course, 200% If I did not I would be denying the DOJ, the US intelligence agencies , the FBI and all logical thought has any value. This board is self imploding. Ever since Trump won the repug nomination.

Fager Fan
02-20-2018, 07:27 AM
How come you didn't complain about Hillary or Obama using instead a minor kvetching figure of the alt right?

Had a few drinks, did ya?

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Of course, 200% If I did not I would be denying the DOJ, the US intelligence agencies , the FBI and all logical thought has any value. This board is self imploding. Ever since Trump won the repug nomination.He said logical...:pound:

boxcar
02-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Bravo. WE both think each other are stupid. Don't mind agreeing on something!:cool:

"WE"? You have a flea-invested gutter rat in your pocket with which you fellowship, consult and agree? :coffee:

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2018, 01:12 PM
"WE"? You have a flea-invested gutter rat in your pocket with which you fellowship, consult and agree? :coffee:So you don't think Cincy is stupid, or your equivalent thereof?

boxcar
02-20-2018, 02:11 PM
So you don't think Cincy is stupid, or your equivalent thereof?

Why are you injecting yourself into our little dialogue, troublemaker? Slow day? :coffee:

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Why are you injecting yourself into our little dialogue, troublemaker? Slow day? :coffee:Because I'm the admin here and you misunderstood his post, obviously...and thus you went looking to escalate the situation when cincy was clearly looking to put it to bed.

Learn to shut your big mouth once in a while, you might actually comprehend what someone is trying to tell you.

Clocker
02-21-2018, 12:41 PM

How many here believe that could happen for 1-2 years without The Donald blabbing about it in a tweet or an off-hand remark? :lol:

hcap
02-21-2018, 01:00 PM
How many here believe that could happen for 1-2 years without The Donald blabbing about it in a tweet or an off-hand remark? :lol:He blabbed and was not in control when he did......
Much worse:puke::puke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump%27s_disclosures_of_classified_informa tion

President Donald Trump discussed highly classified intelligence during an Oval Office meeting on May 10, 2017 with the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and the Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, providing sufficient details that could be used by the Russians to deduce the source of the information and the manner in which it was collected, according to current and former government officials.

It's only a matter of time while Mueller ties up the obvious loose ends. Like jr. and Jared at the Trump tower meeting

JustRalph
02-21-2018, 01:07 PM
He blabbed and was not in control when he did......
Much worse:puke::puke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump%27s_disclosures_of_classified_informa tion

President Donald Trump discussed highly classified intelligence during an Oval Office meeting on May 10, 2017 with the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and the Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, providing sufficient details that could be used by the Russians to deduce the source of the information and the manner in which it was collected, according to current and former government officials.

It's only a matter of time while Mueller ties up the obvious loose ends. Like jr. and Jared at the Trump tower meeting

The president can reveal classified info anytime he wants. There is no crime in your paragraph.

hcap
02-21-2018, 01:15 PM
The president can reveal classified info anytime he wants. There is no crime in your paragraph.Yep he can also shoot anyone he wants in broad daylight on 5th ave. And evidently blab about that too:puke:

Clocker
02-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Yep he can also shoot anyone he wants in broad daylight on 5th ave. And evidently blab about that too:puke:

We should all give thanks that there was never a similar personality cult about Obama, or a resultant blindness to his failed policies.

hcap
02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
We should all give thanks that there was never a similar personality cult about Obama, or a resultant blindness to his failed policies.Also Hillary could not thank god win.

Emails, again
Obama,again
liberals,again
Dems, again

davew
02-21-2018, 01:34 PM
How many here believe that could happen for 1-2 years without The Donald blabbing about it in a tweet or an off-hand remark? :lol:

3? mostpost, hcap, horses4courses

Everyone will soon learn Trump facilitated the Russian collusion through his proxy, Hillary Clinton - and so should be impeached.

hcap
02-21-2018, 01:54 PM
3? mostpost, hcap, horses4courses

Everyone will soon learn Trump facilitated the Russian collusion through his proxy, Hillary Clinton - and so should be impeached.Once again Hillary

lock her up ad infinitum, blah, blah, blah!

a one and a two, blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!
blah, blah, blah!

fast4522
02-21-2018, 02:17 PM
https://youtu.be/1-kcQvZY8ZE

Wish they had one called back to your hole

upthecreek
02-21-2018, 04:08 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/opinions/trump-is-right-about-obama-and-russia-jennings/index.html

JustRalph
02-21-2018, 04:21 PM
Yep he can also shoot anyone he wants in broad daylight on 5th ave. And evidently blab about that too:puke:

Read it and weep......you got nothing

The majority ruling in the 1988 Supreme Court case Department of Navy vs. Egan -- which addressed the legal recourse of a Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance -- addresses this line of authority.

"The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, said that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will.

Clocker
02-21-2018, 06:31 PM
Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, said that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will.

Does that mean that he can't shoot someone? :eek:

Can he tell his security detail to take someone out and shoot them? Or at least send them to one of our secret American Gulags?

hcap
02-22-2018, 01:03 AM
Read it and weep......you got nothing

The majority ruling in the 1988 Supreme Court case Department of Navy vs. Egan -- which addressed the legal recourse of a Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance -- addresses this line of authority.

"The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, said that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will.The danger of kissing Trump's ass

"I was only following orders," has been unsuccessfully used as a legal defense in hundreds of cases (probably most notably by Nazi leaders at the Nuremberg tribunals following World War II). The defense didn't work for them, nor has it worked in hundreds of cases since.

It will not work for the dorl-in-chief either

woodtoo
02-22-2018, 04:35 AM
The danger of kissing Trump's ass

It will not work for the dorl-in-chief either

Nice to see you're softening up your language when it comes to the President.:D

hcap
02-22-2018, 05:25 AM
Nice to see you're softening up your language when it comes to the President.:DDid not mean too.

reckless
02-22-2018, 11:14 AM

I wouldn't be betting any real money on Mueller and his witch hunt 'winning' anything, especially against President Trump and his family.

As I have been just about the only one on here reminding everyone that Robert Mueller is a joke and a loser, here's something to read (and I have a half-dozen other and decidedly separate examples of the incompetence and corruption of Mueller, at al, and the FBI.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/remember-the-botched-anthrax-investigation/article/2623822

Writing in the Orange County Register, Cannon reviews the dismal performance of Mueller and James Comey on the 2001 anthrax letter attacks. In the process, Cannon also reviews the New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof's part in encouraging Mueller's and Comey's focus on an innocent scientist with no experience dealing with anthrax. Cannon credits his former Los Angeles Times colleague David Willman's The Mirage Man: Bruce Ivins, the Anthrax Attacks and America's Rush to War, as the definitive account of the anthrax case.

And then there is yet another story on the anthrax case that Mueller botched up:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/fun-fact-in-one-of-fbi-s-most-botched-cases-robert-mueller-and-james-comey-worked-together-to-frame-an-innocent-man-of-the-2001-anthrax-attacks-stephen-hatfield-went-on-to-successfully-sue-the-go/

fast4522
02-23-2018, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't be betting any real money on Mueller and his witch hunt 'winning' anything, especially against President Trump and his family.

As I have been just about the only one on here reminding everyone that Robert Mueller is a joke and a loser, here's something to read (and I have a half-dozen other and decidedly separate examples of the incompetence and corruption of Mueller, at al, and the FBI.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/remember-the-botched-anthrax-investigation/article/2623822

And then there is yet another story on the anthrax case that Mueller botched up:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/fun-fact-in-one-of-fbi-s-most-botched-cases-robert-mueller-and-james-comey-worked-together-to-frame-an-innocent-man-of-the-2001-anthrax-attacks-stephen-hatfield-went-on-to-successfully-sue-the-go/

But he is a officer of the court and it is my bet he has informed the DOJ of crimes to which he has uncovered not related to Russian Collision. A special council is not needed, the DOJ can impanel a grand jury when the go has been established.