PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control poll

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Clocker
02-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Why is it mass shootings only happen in USA?

Not quite only here.

From 1966 to 2012, nearly a third of the world's mass shootings took place in the United States. A 2016 study looked at 292 incidents in which four or more people were killed. It found 90 of them occurred in America. Put another way: While the United States has about 5% of the world's population, it had 31% of all public mass shootings.https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/health/mass-shootings-in-america-in-charts-and-graphs-trnd/index.html

On a per capita basis, the US ranks 11th in the world.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/sorry-despite-gun-control-advocates-claims-u-s-isnt-the-worst-country-for-mass-shootings/

Clocker
02-23-2018, 01:14 PM
Liberal "logic" on parade:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/trump - they think i am hitler.jpg

barahona44
02-23-2018, 01:57 PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

Background to that quote actually concerned the right for legislatures to tax("purchase" was to be taken literally).

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/390245038/ben-franklins-famous-liberty-safety-quote-lost-its-context-in-21st-century

Tom
02-23-2018, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Why is it mass shootings only happen in USA?

Other parts of the world are ahead of he curve, using suicide bombs?

Show Me the Wire
02-23-2018, 07:53 PM
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --

Declaration of Independence

One cannot fulfill his duty to throw off such government without sufficient arms. If the government has guns the populace need ot posses guns.

Clocker
02-23-2018, 08:12 PM
Bad news, guys. The libs have finally started educating themselves about firearms, and are using that knowledge to destroy arguments for gun ownership.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell uses facts to prove that a teacher with a hand gun can never stop a shooter with an AR-15. Excerpts:

A bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun.

And yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter.

2,182 miles per hour. That’s how fast the bullets were moving when they came out of that AR-15 at Marjorie Stoneman-Douglas High School last week. 2,182 miles per hour. 3,200 feet per second. That’s what those kids were trying to outrun. That’s three times the speed of a bullet leaving a 9mm handgun.

With a high-capacity magazine, the AR-15 can maybe fire 90 or 100 bullets in a minute. A concealable handgun can fire maybe 15 bullets in a minute.

You can walk off a handgun wound.
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/lawrence-odonnell-gun-rant/

jocko699
02-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Bad news, guys. The libs have finally started educating themselves about firearms, and are using that knowledge to destroy arguments for gun ownership.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell uses facts to prove that a teacher with a hand gun can never stop a shooter with an AR-15. Excerpts:

But it must be true. Larry is an accomplished crisis journalist actor with MSNBC:eek:

Show Me the Wire
02-23-2018, 08:20 PM
All of you people who voted to limit your 2nd amendment rights, you need to rethink your position, especially if you think the government is going to protect you.

FYI the government has no duty to protect its citizens from crimes. That is right several courts, as well as, SCOTUS has held the goevenment (police, FBI, etc) do not have a duty to protect you. DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services,” Stevens writes, “the U.S. Supreme Court declared that the Constitution does not impose a duty on the state and local governments to protect the citizens from criminal harm.” [emphasis added]

Listen to Justice Stevens, you have to protect yourself, do not give up any 2nd amendment rights.

elysiantraveller
02-23-2018, 09:12 PM

I needed a good laugh today.

Clocker
02-23-2018, 09:15 PM
It looks like the government is going to have to crack down and pass stricter gun control laws. Next month there will be a student march on Washington demanding tougher gun controls.

High fashion clothing company Gucci has announced a $500K donation to help fund it.

On Monday, George Clooney and his human rights lawyer wife Amal, Oprah Winfrey, director Steven Spielberg and his actress wife Kate Capshaw, and film producer Jeffrey Katzenberg and his wife Marilyn each also pledged $500,000.http://www.breitbart.com/news/gucci-donates-500000-to-us-student-gun-reform-march/

Clocker
02-23-2018, 10:11 PM
I needed a good laugh today.

Larry is the go-to guy when you are looking for a super-sized serving of stupid.

You have to wonder where these guys get their "facts" and what goes through their minds when they "think" about them.

What difference does it make how fast a bullet travels? A hand gun bullet is going to hit you before your brain can register that the gun has been fired. Three times faster than that is more deadly? :rolleyes:

davew
02-23-2018, 10:16 PM
Larry is the go-to guy when you are looking for a super-sized serving of stupid.

You have to wonder where these guys get their "facts" and what goes through their minds when they "think" about them.

What difference does it make how fast a bullet travels? A hand gun bullet is going to hit you before your brain can register that the gun has been fired. Three times faster than that is more deadly? :rolleyes:

What? MSNBC and CNN always seem to have bulls-eye accuracy with their 'facts'.

Clocker
02-23-2018, 10:38 PM

That's true. I was personally ashamed when a Princeton professor of religion and African American Studies appeared on MSNBC and explained that “toxic masculinity” is driving America’s “gun culture.”

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/02/23/princeton-professor-toxic-masculinity-at-heart-of-gun-culture/

I immediately admitted the truth to myself and repented, and took my vast collection of firearms and ammunition to the nearest lake and threw everything into the deepest water.

Gun grabbers please make a note of the above and put it in my file. It's all gone. Thank you.

FantasticDan
02-23-2018, 10:38 PM

The Simple Physics that make some bullets more deadly than others

Note the Velocity chapter.

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/06/physics-deadly-bullets-assault-rifles/amp/

elysiantraveller
02-23-2018, 10:41 PM

:lol::lol:

The .17 REM has a muzzle velocity of 4450 fps or 3,000+ MPH!!!

You and I ever get in a gunfight though and I'd still prefer you shoot me with that k? :lol:

elysiantraveller
02-23-2018, 10:48 PM

Can we not?

I build the things and the loads...

It comes down to mass and velocity yes. However bullets are all designed differently as to when they expand and deliver that energy.

The .223/5.56 is a great middle range round that has been proven to function well at middle distances of 200-400 meters. Mostly because M855 or NATO Green Tip has a penetrator to defeat most light body armor at that range, decellerate the bullet, and allow it to expand and transfer the majority of its energy into the target.

That round is horrible for shooting someone at close range because it's far to fast and simply overpenetrates. So what does the military use for CQB? The SEALs are issued the MP5 chambered in a... you guessed it... 9mm hand gun round because it's slower and more lethal at close range.

If you're really bored I can share with you why my deer AR is in a .450 Bushmaster.

Careful though you might learn something in this post.

Mulerider
02-23-2018, 11:08 PM

Since we're talking about projectiles here, a question for you:

At 100 yards, would you rather be shot in the arm or leg with a standard AR-15, or an 1861 Springfield (or 1853 Enfield) as used by both sides in the Civil War? [I suppose both weapons could be considered the "assault" rifles of their day.]

(Hint: in 1866 the State of Mississippi allocated one-half of its budget for the purchase of artificial limbs for its returning veterans.)

Not that the physics formulas in your article are incorrect, just sensationalized for effect.

Clocker
02-23-2018, 11:21 PM

Did you note the velocity section? It is nonsense.

Assault rifles don’t shoot the largest bullets on the market. In fact, the .223 projectile, a common round for the AR-15, is not much larger than many .22 rounds like the Hornet, typically used for youth shooting sports, target shooting, and hunting varmints. The .223 weighs in at 55 grains, while the .22 is usually 45 grains or smaller.The .22 Hornet is not typically used for youth shooting sports or target shooting, the .22 LR (Long Rifle) is. And it is a much smaller and less powerful cartridge than the Hornet.

So a major scoop, a military grade cartridge is more dangerous than a common, much smaller civilian sport cartridge, especially at the 500 yard range cited in the article. And the point is what?

elysiantraveller
02-23-2018, 11:31 PM

The .22 Hornet is not typically used for youth shooting sports or target shooting, the .22 LR (Long Rifle) is. And it is a much smaller and less powerful cartridge than the Hornet.

So a major scoop, a military grade cartridge is more dangerous than a common, much smaller civilian sport cartridge, especially at the 500 yard range cited in the article. And the point is what?

And lets be honest... nobody uses a .22 Hornet for anything these days.

Fairer grain comparisons to the .223 would be .220 Swift and .22/250 Rem both of which donkey stomp AR round in terms of speed and range.

elysiantraveller
02-23-2018, 11:49 PM

This will give you an idea and why articles like this do more damage than good. All the below pictured rounds have totally different velocities and purposes...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/223_Remington.jpg

A variety of .223 Remington cartridges and a .308 Winchester (right) for comparison. Bullets in .223 cartridges (left to right): Montana Gold 55 grain Full Metal Jacket, Sierra 55 grain Spitzer Boat Tail, Nosler/Winchester 55 grain Combined Technology, Hornady 60 grain V-MAX, Barnes 62 grain Tipped Triple-Shock X, Nosler 69 grain Hollow Point Boat Tail, Swift 75 grain Scirocco II.

FantasticDan
02-24-2018, 12:05 AM

The .22 Hornet is not typically used for youth shooting sports or target shooting, the .22 LR (Long Rifle) is. And it is a much smaller and less powerful cartridge than the Hornet.
So the velocity section is nonsense because the writer said the .22 Hornet is typically used for sports shooting, which you disagree with? :confused:

You said "what difference does it make how fast a bullet travels?"

The article details how it does make a difference, and there are 1000 more articles just like it. Not sure what there is to argue about.

elysiantraveller
02-24-2018, 12:10 AM
So the velocity section is nonsense because the writer said the .22 Hornet is typically used for sports shooting, which you disagree with? :confused:

The article details how it does make a difference, and there are 1000 more articles just like it. Not sure what there is to argue about.

It's nonsense because it's drawing false comparisons without a shred of detail to any of it. At close range...

High velocity small bullet= Bad

Slow big bullet (9mm/.38/.40) = Good

It should be noted that the big slow bullet was used in the school shooting that was most lethal at VA Tech.

JustRalph
02-24-2018, 12:15 AM
Good stuff.....btw ballistics aside.....the winner of any shootout is the guy who puts rounds on target first......and if not first....in the most lethal spot. Velocity don’t mean shit if you can’t put it on target or put it in the right place.

A decent trained officer should be able to take out a teenager.......in 90% of situations.

elysiantraveller
02-24-2018, 12:33 AM
Good stuff.....btw ballistics aside.....the winner of any shootout is the guy who puts rounds on target first......and if not first....in the most lethal spot. Velocity don’t mean shit if you can’t put it on target or put it in the right place.

A decent trained officer should be able to take out a teenager.......in 90% of situations.

Exactly...

Any Officer I've spoke with and ANY competitive shooter I know will say they select the most comfortable gun in the caliber they can shoot the most reliably.

Clocker
02-24-2018, 12:42 AM

Perhaps I could have gone into more detail. The article shows that velocity makes a big difference in the foot-pounds of force for roughly similar sized bullets (.223 vs. .22 Hornet) delivered at 500 yards. With similarly sized bullets, the difference is because of velocity, and the loss of velocity over a large distance.

The typical school hallway is a bit shorter than 500 yards. At the close ranges involved, velocity makes little difference because we are no longer talking about similarly sized bullets. As ET said, it all comes down to mass and velocity. A typical .223 bullet weighs around 55 grains. An average 9mm bullet weighs maybe 124 grains. An increasingly popular hand gun caliber, especially for open carry, is the .40 S&W, with a bullet weight of 180 grains. With much greater difference in the mass of bullets and much smaller distances, the effect of velocity is greatly lessened.

At indoor distances, AR-15 vs. hand gun, the first guy to get hit probably loses. And as ET also said, there are problems with penetration with the .223. If you get hit in a non-vital place with a .223 and it goes through you, you are likely still in action for a while. If you get hit in a non-vital place with a heavy slug like a .40 S&W, you can get knocked down by the shear force of impact.

elysiantraveller
02-24-2018, 01:05 AM

To take Clockers point to extremes let's look at the 9mm, the most common handgun round, and the .45ACP, the practical king of the handgun world. At point blank range:

9mm - 1100FPS, 124 Grain Bullet, with 500ish lb/ft.

.45ACP - 850FPS, 230 Grain Bullet, 500ish lb/ft.

They look similar but any ballistics test will show you the damage caused by the .45 is massively more catastrophic due simply to size despite the lower velocity. There is saying when talking about them;

"With a 9mm you just need one critical hit. With a .45 ANY hit is a critical hit."

Clocker
02-24-2018, 01:18 AM
They look similar but any ballistics test will show you the damage caused by the .45 is massively more catastrophic due simply to size despite the lower velocity.

AKA blunt force trauma with simultaneous penetrating trauma. Something that doesn't happen with small caliber, high velocity rounds.

Inner Dirt
02-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Since we're talking about projectiles here, a question for you:

At 100 yards, would you rather be shot in the arm or leg with a standard AR-15, or an 1861 Springfield (or 1853 Enfield) as used by both sides in the Civil War? [I suppose both weapons could be considered the "assault" rifles of their day.]

(Hint: in 1866 the State of Mississippi allocated one-half of its budget for the purchase of artificial limbs for its returning veterans.)

Not that the physics formulas in your article are incorrect, just sensationalized for effect.

I will pick the AR-15, without cheating and looking it up I would guess the Springfield is around .50 cal which would leave a 5 times larger entrance wound, no thanks.

Tom
02-24-2018, 08:58 AM

That's not a bull's eye - its ther ARSE!
Where they pull most of their stories out of.

Tom
02-24-2018, 09:02 AM
Declaration of Independence

One cannot fulfill his duty to throw off such government without sufficient arms. If the government has guns the populace need to posses guns.

Funny how the DOI connects so well with the 2nd amendment.
This is why I laugh at the idea that no one NEEDS an assault rifle.

azeri98
02-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Put armed guards in the school.

There was an armed guard, he put his tail between his legs and did nothing

Tom
02-24-2018, 09:28 AM
Do a better job of vetting them.
Probably a union guard.:rolleyes:

"Hey, I'm break!"

elysiantraveller
02-24-2018, 10:05 AM
There was an armed guard, he put his tail between his legs and did nothing

You're right.

And I guess since we can't count on laws and the state to protect might as well do it ourselves.

RunForTheRoses
02-24-2018, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_MsL_UYypM8

Better the robber than the store clerks.

jimmyb
02-24-2018, 10:14 AM
21 to buy a gun?

The military trains 17 year olds to use many varieties of weapons.

JustRalph
02-24-2018, 07:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_MsL_UYypM8

Better the robber than the store clerks.

They had very little training, but they got some shots off. What an idiot he was.......

Whomever gave then an auto pistol was a fool. If not for the one revolver, they would be dead

chadk66
02-24-2018, 11:26 PM
like stated, it doesn't really matter what your shooting in close range shootouts. the guy that can put it on target is going to be the winner.

mrhorseplayer
02-25-2018, 08:05 AM
The military trains 17 year olds to use many varieties of weapons.

it takes a civilian 10 weeks of training in the army to be a soldier.

johnhannibalsmith
02-25-2018, 09:33 AM
like stated, it doesn't really matter what your shooting in close range shootouts. the guy that can put it on target is going to be the winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwiSl_zuSd4

Inner Dirt
02-25-2018, 11:20 AM

Tell that to any know nothing about gun liberal who thinks an AR-15 turns you into an instant winner in any gun battle, unless of course that AR-15 is against another AR-15.

Inner Dirt
02-25-2018, 11:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwiSl_zuSd4

Awesome, why the hell do they try to save the robber is beyond me, he is in critical condition. I hope he dies.

Tom
02-25-2018, 01:20 PM

How many weeks since the last mass shooting?

nvemil
02-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Awesome, why the hell do they try to save the robber is beyond me, he is in critical condition. I hope he dies.

On Live PD last night the host reported after interviewing the owner/daughter that the guy was able to check himself into the ER.

FantasticDan
02-25-2018, 03:30 PM
On Live PD last night the host reported after interviewing the owner/daughter that the guy was able to check himself into the ER.
Why the hell did the robber come back? He grabbed the cash, the owners gave it up, and he headed for the door. Should have been the end of it right there.

The daughter is really freaking lucky she didn't shoot her mom.. the robber and the mom were wildly grappling each other and the daughter just aimed in their general direction and shot. And it looked like the robber actually came away with the mom's pistol during the grappling.

All in all those women were incredibly lucky it turned out as well for them as it did.

Clocker
02-25-2018, 03:47 PM
All in all those women were incredibly lucky it turned out as well for them as it did.

True, and clearly because lack of training and common sense. The daughter in particular looked clueless as to what to do.

When the guy starts to come back in, you shoot him immediately. When the guy is wrestling with your mother, you walk up behind him, put the gun to his head, and pull the trigger.

Anyone that ever took a self-defense course from a competent instructor learned those things in the classroom, before ever handling a gun.

If you have to take out a gun, you must use it as needed until the threat is gone.

nvemil
02-25-2018, 03:57 PM
The robber actually wrestled the gun away, hit her in the head with it and tried to fire it...it was out of bullets. Why he kept coming on for more only they really know. Again, I am amazed that he was shot 4 times and reportedly got himself to the hospital which also implies the police did not apprehend until then.

mrhorseplayer
02-25-2018, 04:26 PM
How many weeks since the last mass shooting?

posted this for all those that think it takes years and years to be properly trained.

Clocker
02-25-2018, 06:57 PM
The article posted and discussed earlier in this thread about the ammo used in the AR-15 may indicate a change in tactics for the gun grabbers on the left. The article cited below responds to that article discussed here, and points out that if you focus on the bullet instead of the evil looking rifle, you can appear to provide more scientific evidence for your argument, and you can attack a wider range of firearms. The target eventually becomes all high-powered rifles, because the vast majority of them are more powerful than the AR-15.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/02/25/gun-grabbers-dont-care-ar-15-guns/

elysiantraveller
02-25-2018, 07:20 PM

But the fact is that a .223 fired from a single-shot, bolt-action rifle is going to perform very much the same was as that same round coming from the sexy and incredibly vicious AR-15.

It's going to be faster because a normal AR is a 14.5-20" barrel anything shorter is illegal. Most bolt guns are longer giving the propellant more time to accelerate the round.

New line will be "check out this Savage Model 11! It can shoot an AR bullet even FASTER than a AR15."

jimmyb
02-25-2018, 07:47 PM
My point was, age is no condition of responsible use. The drinking age is 21 in most states, but this doesn't mean all who legally drink do it responsibly.

Clocker
02-25-2018, 11:48 PM
Some people here have correctly observed that the NRA has become more and more unwilling to compromise over the years. I have asserted that the reason is that the left is never satisfied with any compromise, they always want more. Here are some comments from someone that puts it a little stronger.

This past week has seen the most concentrated assault on the Second Amendment in my life time. And not only on the Second Amendment but on gun owners in general and the NRA in particular. The tactics used by the gun grabbers have been dishonest. The CNN town hall should have been scripted and directed by Leni Riefenstahl. Guns and the NRA have been subject to demonization while the failure of authorities, given tons of warning, to do anything at all have been glossed over. In short, we are not dealing with an opposition that gives a rat’s patootie about dead kids or public safety. Their agenda is very clear. They want firearms banned and they are using whatever tools they have at their disposal.

The NRA fights the way it does because it knows its enemy. They know that once they start negotiating with the right to keep and bear arms, there is no logical fallback position that will survive assault. The feeding frenzy directed at the AR-15 is actually a proxy for all rifles with a semi-automatic action. If you think bolt-action or break-action or pump-action rifles are going to survive, you are sadly mistaken. Handguns aren’t going to survive. I doubt my single-shot .410 shotgun will escape the dragnet once it gets started. So what is going on here is not a “debate.” It is a propaganda campaign by political extremists to try to ban firearms.

Back during the 1964 presidential campaign, GOP candidate Barry Goldwater said, “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!”

That’s where I am. More here:
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/02/25/nra-understands-stake-time-rest-us-paid-attention/

JustRalph
02-26-2018, 12:16 AM
Broward cowards

The government failed on all levels

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/broward-county-sheriff-scott-israel-should-resign/

OntheRail
02-26-2018, 02:03 AM
Broward cowards

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/broward-county-sheriff-scott-israel-should-resign/

They'll have to pry his ass out of the office... he'll not go quietly on his own. :coffee:

Tom
02-26-2018, 09:59 AM
:popcorn:Broward cowards

Coward County Sheriff's Department.:ThmbDown:

Tom
02-26-2018, 10:06 AM
Some people here have correctly observed that the NRA has become more and more unwilling to compromise over the years. I have asserted that the reason is that the left is never satisfied with any compromise, they always want more. Here are some comments from someone that puts it a little stronger.

Same with immigration - dems NEVER live up to their promises.
It is a waste of time to negotiate with them - they are liars, end of story.

Believing a democrat is the definition of stupid. Their word is not worth the paper it is printed on.

horses4courses
02-26-2018, 12:14 PM
Same with immigration - dems NEVER live up to their promises.
It is a waste of time to negotiate with them - they are liars, end of story.

Believing a democrat is the definition of stupid. Their word is not worth the paper it is printed on.

You do realize that this statement fits entirely with what we say about cons?

No, of course you don't.......:bang:

PaceAdvantage
02-26-2018, 12:23 PM

No, of course you don't.......:bang:I regularly reminded people here that both sides are just as guilty of that with which they accuse the other...

Tom
02-26-2018, 03:17 PM

No, of course you don't.......:bang:

Yes, I do.
But you are wrong. :)

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 03:35 PM
https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/968207970659119105

PaceAdvantage
02-26-2018, 03:46 PM
Is that a bad thing?

I thought punishing private entities was a basic tenant of the left? Corporations are evil, right? So what's the problem here?

Tom
02-26-2018, 04:47 PM
You were perfectly happy to allow Chic Fillet to be bullied.
Funny how that works.
@ease!

Delta, welcome to the real world.

JustRalph
02-26-2018, 06:00 PM
You were perfectly happy to allow Chic Fillet to be bullied.
Funny how that works.
@ease!

Delta, welcome to the real world.

Excellent point!!

Btw, the NRA website crashed several times yesterday processing new members

Clocker
02-26-2018, 06:13 PM
I am amazed that he was shot 4 times and reportedly got himself to the hospital

As MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell explained, hand gun bullets travel too slowly to stop a bad guy with a gun. :rolleyes:

woodtoo
02-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Excellent point!!

Btw, the NRA website crashed several times yesterday processing new members

I.just.knew.that.would.happen.:pound::pound::pound :

Record weekend AR-15 sales I bet. #Dumdumdims.

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 06:19 PM
Btw, the NRA website crashed several times yesterday processing new members:jump: Mass shootings are good for NRA business. :ThmbUp:

In the past 10+ years, membership dues peaked to a historic high after the VA tech shooting that killed 32. And in 2013 after Sandy Hook, membership spiked 63%. I have no doubt we'll see likewise after Parkland.

Tom
02-26-2018, 06:25 PM
As MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell explained, hand gun bullets travel too slowly to stop a bad guy with a gun. :rolleyes:

Well, he is the Mayor of Slow Town.

Tom
02-26-2018, 06:27 PM
:jump: Mass shootings are good for NRA business. :ThmbUp:

In the past 10+ years, membership dues peaked to a historic high after the VA tech shooting that killed 32. And in 2013 after Sandy Hook, membership spiked 63%. I have no doubt we'll see likewise after Parkland.

That is happening because of the fear-monging left, not the shootings.

Your insinuations are disgusting.
But 100% expected.

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 06:32 PM
That is happening because of the fear-monging left, not the shootings. Your insinuations are disgusting.
But 100% expected.What insinuation? Ralph bragged that new NRA memberships had crashed its site, and I pointed out that memberships always go up after mass shootings.

What's the "fear mongering left" doing to increase memberships? Oh, TALKING ABOUT GUN CONTROL??? :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

Dear, dear me. So fearful.

azeri98
02-26-2018, 06:35 PM
That is happening because of the fear-monging left, not the shootings.

Your insinuations are disgusting.
But 100% expected.

Both sides play the fear game. " don't vote for them, you will be in danger", All the politicians and media do is to try and stoke fear into this great country, its working, I'm 49 years old and have never seen Americans as scared as they are today.

Clocker
02-26-2018, 06:36 PM

You left out a link in the chain. Mass shootings are good for the gun control business. It is the reaction of citizens to increased threats to gun rights that drives membership in the NRA.

In the week since the Parkland, Fla., shooting that left 17 people dead, the three major gun control groups have seen a large, and in one case unprecedented, surge of donations and volunteers.

At the federal political level, there is little prospect of a substantive change in gun laws, but the grassroots organizations that promote gun control are growing in number, size and power.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elizabethmacbride/2018/02/23/anti-gun-groups-see-huge-surge-as-more-than-500000-sign-donate-volunteer/#5e821f4539ff

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 06:46 PM
You left out a link in the chain. Mass shootings are good for the gun control business. It is the reaction of citizens to increased threats to gun rights that drives membership in the NRA.
I never suggested otherwise as to the latter. But as to the former, what "gun control business" benefits and profits as much as the NRA after a mass shooting?

Clocker
02-26-2018, 07:01 PM
But as to the former, what "gun control business" benefits and profits as much as the NRA after a mass shooting?

So the NRA is a "business" but the gun grabbers like the Brady Campaign and the rest are not?

They are all in the same business. They are lobbyists, trying to leverage money and votes to achieve their purpose. And the votes give the NRA more leverage than the money. I don't know what "profits" you are talking about, as the NRA is a non-profit organization, as I am sure Brady and the rest are.

PaceAdvantage
02-26-2018, 07:10 PM
I'm 49 years old and have never seen Americans as scared as they are today.Which country? Says under your name you're in Canada...

Anyway, I don't know anyone who is "scared."

Scared of what? The stock market going higher? Unemployment going lower? More money in their paycheck?

I don't get it...what's there to be frightened of?

Oh yeah, getting shot by an AR-15 I guess...:rolleyes:

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 07:22 PM
So the NRA is a "business" but the gun grabbers like the Brady Campaign and the rest are not?

They are all in the same business. They are lobbyists, trying to leverage money and votes to achieve their purpose. And the votes give the NRA more leverage than the money. I don't know what "profits" you are talking about, as the NRA is a non-profit organization, as I am sure Brady and the rest are.
The NRA is technically a non profit, but it is the lobby arm of the gun manufacturers. Everything the modern NRA does is toward the goal of selling more guns.

Clocker
02-26-2018, 07:38 PM
The NRA is technically a non profit, but it is the lobby arm of the gun manufacturers.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) is the lobbying arm of the gun manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc. Over 12,000 businesses belong to the organization. Because the interests of that group and the NRA are complementary, they work together for mutual benefit. As far as I know, the NSSF contributes to the NRA.

Everything the modern NRA does is toward the goal of selling more guns.Did you intuit this, or do you have some facts to back it up? The principle goals of the NRA are to protect gun rights and to promote gun education and safety.

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 07:48 PM
I have an answer to my original question as I saw additional video and reporting of the incident. The robber came back because the daughter had triggered a remote lock of the store’s outer door, and he couldn’t get out.

I assume she was trying to trap him between the inner and outer door, but he was able to grab the inner door before it closed and locked so he could get back in. Then he tried to leave again and the mother shot the inner door glass to pieces.

Why the hell did the robber come back? He grabbed the cash, the owners gave it up, and he headed for the door. Should have been the end of it right there.

The daughter is really freaking lucky she didn't shoot her mom.. the robber and the mom were wildly grappling each other and the daughter just aimed in their general direction and shot. And it looked like the robber actually came away with the mom's pistol during the grappling.

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 07:54 PM
The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) is the lobbying arm of the gun manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc. Over 12,000 businesses belong to the organization. Because the interests of that group and the NRA are complementary, they work together for mutual benefit. As far as I know, the NSSF contributes to the NRA.

Did you intuit this, or do you have some facts to back it up? The principle goals of the NRA are to protect gun rights and to promote gun education and safety.We had this conversation last week and I did provide “facts” to back it up. You are being absurdly disingenuous pleading ignorance and requesting proof of what is very obviously the NRA’s main function.

Clocker
02-26-2018, 08:02 PM
We had this conversation last week and I did provide “facts” to back it up. You are being absurdly disingenuous pleading ignorance and requesting proof of what is very obviously the NRA’s main function.

I don't remember seeing anything like that, and I certainly would have responded to such a claim. Was it in real words, or cartoon form? I do often ignore the latter.

Clocker
02-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Deja vu all over again. As predictable as spring rain, the Dems have another gun control bill.

They are really getting desperate. This one bans the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that use a detachable magazine.

This is so absurd it makes you think they are looking for failure. Are no Dems in Congress capable of reading recent SCOTUS decisions? I guess the timing is right that it will be shot down before the elections, so that will give the Dems more to whine about, about all that they can hope for.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-democrats-introduce-bill-prohibiting-sale-of-semi-automatic-weapons/article/2650087

Tom
02-26-2018, 08:38 PM
Both sides play the fear game. " don't vote for them, you will be in danger", All the politicians and media do is to try and stoke fear into this great country, its working, I'm 49 years old and have never seen Americans as scared as they are today.

I don't know one single person who is scared.

elysiantraveller
02-26-2018, 08:42 PM

No they aren't.

Its the assault on the 2nd Amendment based on emotion and not facts that are good for the NRA. We've been addressing facts most the time yet all of you ignore them. We have HCAP harping on the fact the existence of guns leads to death which is not a winning argument and that's about it as far as facts are concerned.

Who was the first target of all this? Pretty sure it was CNN and the Town Hall attacking the NRA and a gun-owners. The killer is still alive BTW... where is the talk about him?

Tom
02-26-2018, 08:48 PM
The killer is still alive BTW... where is the talk about him?

I'll go first - kill the SOB in his cell.
No need for a trial - blow his frigging head off.

JustRalph
02-26-2018, 09:40 PM
The NRA is technically a non profit, but it is the lobby arm of the gun manufacturers. Everything the modern NRA does is toward the goal of selling more guns.

You know the history of the NRA?

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 10:02 PM
You know the history of the NRA?
Yep, which makes the fact that it’s little more today than a shill for the gun industry all the more sad.

FantasticDan
02-26-2018, 10:03 PM
https://twitter.com/attn/status/968317032411181056

elysiantraveller
02-26-2018, 10:51 PM
https://twitter.com/attn/status/968317032411181056

There are countless examples that fly in the face of that statement... again not a winning argument. Oregon, Texas, ect.

JustRalph
02-26-2018, 11:05 PM
There are countless examples that fly in the face of that statement... again not a winning argument. Oregon, Texas, ect.

The Congressional baseball shooting?

elysiantraveller
02-26-2018, 11:22 PM
The Congressional baseball shooting?

Yeah it's pointless. The good guy with a gun didn't exist until they did. Now it's the ultimate good guy, the cop, couldn't do it so surely you couldn't either...

I'll take my chances.

hcap
02-27-2018, 02:18 AM
We have HCAP harping on the fact the existence of guns leads to death which is not a winning argument and that's about it as far as facts are concerned.Winning is not the correct adjective. Try true. I do not expect prophets of the gun loving clique to accept it, nevertheless your fascination and love of guns is in fact the same reason we have many mass shootings.

Loonies with guns leverage their feelings of inferiority by arming themselves. an AMERICAN cultural interpretation on "good" vs "evil" ingrained into us since childhood. Hard to see unless one is honest with oneself . Or carefully can watch your son and his friends adapt to"being a man" in the 20th- 21st century.

Unfortunately I AGREE, self defense may be necessary to counter these loonies compensation for thinking of not being treated well by others or their self justified mission to be heard.

Power that can be carried in a pocket or back pack can be intoxicating

Anyone remember his cold dark hands?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_skoREZO1xUo/R_tgdmYljSI/AAAAAAAAByI/L6uo55I14rg/s400/06heston-speech.600.jpg

Then again let's really justify. Boxcar? it

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/GyVkiZw64B8l.jpg

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2018, 02:24 AM
nevertheless your fascination and love of guns is in fact the same reason we have many mass shootings.Warped.

Cure thyself, doctor.

hcap
02-27-2018, 02:30 AM
Warped.

Cure thyself, doctor.Hit yourself hard. Wake up.

elysiantraveller
02-27-2018, 02:36 AM
Winning is not the correct adjective. Try true. I do not expect prophets of the gun loving clique to accept it, nevertheless your fascination and love of guns is in fact the same reason we have many mass shootings.

No one is going to deny that guns cause gun deaths. If we were to outlaw guns then the number would drop drastically. Motorist deaths would also largely cease if we outlawed cars.

I don't think any rational person would argue these with you. I also am happy that you are at least honest enough to admit that you would like to see guns banned in general. Unfortunately, for you we have constitutional protections against that. Also the reason gun loonies exist is because we know deep down how you feel about the issue. You're different in that you're mostly honest about it but the majority aren't and that's why your side is doomed when it comes to getting anything meaningful accomplished.

Maniac gets a gun and shoots up a school. Your response is to attack law abiding Americans and a group that fights for their right. Good plan... :ThmbUp:

hcap
02-27-2018, 03:04 AM
No one is going to deny that guns cause gun deaths. If we were to outlaw guns then the number would drop drastically. Motorist deaths would also largely cease if we outlawed cars.

I don't think any rational person would argue these with you. I also am happy that you are at least honest enough to admit that you would like to see guns banned in general. Unfortunately, for you we have constitutional protections against that. Also the reason gun loonies exist is because we know deep down how you feel about the issue. You're different in that you're mostly honest about it but the majority aren't and that's why your side is doomed when it comes to getting anything meaningful accomplished.

Maniac gets a gun and shoots up a school. Your response is to attack law abiding Americans and a group that fights for their right. Good plan... :ThmbUp:I am trying to get across the subtle psychological motivations why male children sometimes flip out. Not specific therapeutic details, which varies, but why their flip out gets channeled into arming themselves. Chicken/egg problem. Self defense against these flip outs motivate law abiding Americans into arming themselves as protected by "ye olde time" constitutional law, which is then by cultural acceptance consequentially gets programmed into male children to arm themselves in order to fight and justify imaginary wrongs. An American folklore epic echoed in our movies and media..
Re: Charlton Heston, John Wayne, Ronald Reagon, Clint Eastood, etc, etc.

As I mentioned.....

"Power that can be carried in a pocket or back pack can be intoxicating"

Guns can make our kids drunk and some can't handle it

Inner Dirt
02-27-2018, 07:17 AM
I am trying to get across the subtle psychological motivations why male children sometimes flip out. Not specific therapeutic details, which varies, but why their flip out gets channeled into arming themselves.

Males, did you forget about Brenda "I don't like Mondays" Spencer? I know, that one was rare. Why are male children, outside of gang violence arming themselves and shooting things up, more and more as time passes by? I graduated High School in 1978. If you look at geographic location gun ownership rates are similar to what they were 40 years ago. I grew up in So Cal and lived in a few bad areas after my parents divorced. Fist fights at school were almost a daily occurrence at some, in fact I was responsible for 3 of them in my first two days at a Junior High. Even through out districts use of any weapon in a school fight was rare, school shooting pretty much did not exist. Schoolyard bullies have been around since schools, they just were dealt with differently back in the day. You could either find a tougher kid who did not like bullies for protection or gang up on him. Most bullies don't like those that fight back and will move on to easier prey.

Blaming the increase on mass shootings on guns is absurd as they have been around in their current form (capacity, rate of fire, size of ammo, etc) for a 100 years. The problem lies elsewhere for anyone who doesn't get their knowledge of guns from Lawrence O'Donnell or a similar misinformation specialist.

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2018, 07:51 AM
Of course the problem lies elsewhere.

I'll use just as specious of an argument as blaming guns and calling for a ban.

I blame it all on liberal ideology, which has crept further and further into the mainstream as these gun massacres have become more common.

So ban liberals, I say. :lol:

summersquall
02-27-2018, 10:01 AM
Individuals are no longer able to advertise the buying or selling of guns on radio stations here in Texas (unless one is a licensed dealer).

Tom
02-27-2018, 10:02 AM
I am trying to get across the subtle psychological motivations why male children sometimes flip out.

Global warming fear mongering?
Constant attacks on the POTUS?
Total lack of civility and respect by democrats and the news?
The fear that future brother Sammy might get murdered by Mommy and Daddy if he acts up too much?

You might be on to something here.

Inner Dirt
02-27-2018, 10:02 AM

I blame it all on liberal ideology, which has crept further and further into the mainstream as these gun massacres have become more common.

So ban liberals, I say. :lol:

Is coddling of children liberal ideology? Personally I think it is more of a female thing. I see more and more men unwilling to stand up to their wives and girlfriends in matters of raising children. So when junior cries because something didn't go his way he gets a back rub and taken out for ice cream. In the old days junior was told to stop crying or he would be given something to cry about. Irregardless of the origin I believe that is at the root of some of the evil. Now when something happens to junior that mommy can't kiss and make better he flips out and cannot deal with it on a rational level. Along with school shootings by teens, teen suicide is also climbing at an alarming rate. There has to be a reason why junior can't cope these days and it isn't because of guns that have been around for ever.

hcap
02-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Males, did you forget about Brenda "I don't like Mondays" Spencer? I know, that one was rare. Why are male children, outside of gang violence arming themselves and shooting things up, more and more as time passes by? I graduated High School in 1978. If you look at geographic location gun ownership rates are similar to what they were 40 years ago. I grew up in So Cal and lived in a few bad areas after my parents divorced. Fist fights at school were almost a daily occurrence at some, in fact I was responsible for 3 of them in my first two days at a Junior High. Even through out districts use of any weapon in a school fight was rare, school shooting pretty much did not exist. Schoolyard bullies have been around since schools, they just were dealt with differently back in the day. You could either find a tougher kid who did not like bullies for protection or gang up on him. Most bullies don't like those that fight back and will move on to easier prey.

Blaming the increase on mass shootings on guns is absurd as they have been around in their current form (capacity, rate of fire, size of ammo, etc) for a 100 years. The problem lies elsewhere for anyone who doesn't get their knowledge of guns from Lawrence O'Donnell or a similar misinformation specialist.Current increases in media speed, dissemination of news, rapidly changing news cycle and regrettably copycat killers. Everything increased thanks to the internet. You had no internet 40 years ago. However the broader psychological "good guy with guns" was well cast starting around the 1920's. Killing a lot of "bad guys with a gun" of course Good vs evil recast with all protagonists packing. 20th century Americas' contribution to the epic melodrama.

Let's not forget constant loud endless debates on internet sites and other media like this, focus young minds on guns and violence.

Btw, what is the ratio of male mass school shooters vs female mass school shooters?

JustRalph
02-27-2018, 10:09 AM
Maybe a better question is why has the current school environment become a breeding ground for maladjusted teen boys?

The same facts re-appear in every instance. These kids have no remorse. I believe this latest shooter is currently sitting in jail internally happy with himself. He got exactly what he wanted, revenge.

FantasticDan
02-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Maybe a better question is why has the current school environment become a breeding ground for maladjusted teen boys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0szyYWi9rBo

Inner Dirt
02-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Current increases in media speed, dissemination of news, rapidly changing news cycle and regrettably copycat killers. Everything increased thanks to the internet. You had no internet 40 years ago. However the broader psychological "good guy with guns" was well cast starting around the 1920's. Killing a lot of "bad guys with a gun" of course Good vs evil recast with all protagonists packing. 20th century Americas' contribution to the epic melodrama.

Let's not forget constant loud endless debates on internet sites and other media like this, focus young minds on guns and violence.

Btw, what is the ratio of male mass school shooters vs female mass school shooters?

How do you explain the alarming increase in the teen suicide rate? I think the two are somehow connected.

hcap
02-27-2018, 10:33 AM
How do you explain the alarming increase in the teen suicide rate? I think the two are somehow connected.Simple. guns are common to both mass shootings and suicides.

Inner Dirt
02-27-2018, 10:37 AM

The same facts re-appear in every instance. These kids have no remorse. I believe this latest shooter is currently sitting in jail internally happy with himself. He got exactly what he wanted, revenge.

I think sociopaths have been around since the beginning of time. Maybe their numbers have increased because of pieces of crap psychologists on TV like Dr. Phil and his peers who think like him. He can have the most deranged loser kid on his show known to man yet he will blame everyone but the kid for his or her behavior. There are a lot of women out there raising kids that look to that loser for advice.

Inner Dirt
02-27-2018, 10:40 AM
How do you explain the alarming increase in the teen suicide rate? I think the two are somehow connected.

Simple. guns are common to both mass shootings and suicides.

The number of guns has been steady, they aren't any more available now than they were 40 years ago, in fact they by law are harder to get. Try again, it isn't the gun.

Clocker
02-27-2018, 11:02 AM
I am trying to get across the subtle psychological motivations why male children sometimes flip out. Not specific therapeutic details, which varies, but why their flip out gets channeled into arming themselves.
"Power that can be carried in a pocket or back pack can be intoxicating"

Guns can make our kids drunk and some can't handle it

Guns were much more common and easier to get years ago, and "flip outs" were rare if not nonexistent. I bought a .22 rifle when I was 18 or 19, from a local department store without a background check. I don't remember when I first heard of a mass shooting, but it was decades later.

Today guns are a lot harder to purchase and mass shootings are common place. And gun education was much easier to get back then. Something has changed drastically, and it clearly isn't the guns. But guns are a highly visible and mindless target, so attacking them is literally a no-brainer. And gun control hasn't worked, so the solution is more gun control?

The latest Dem genius wants to ban the manufacture and sale of semi-automatic weapons, rifles and pistols, with interchangeable magazines or with fix magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-democrats-introduce-bill-prohibiting-sale-of-semi-automatic-weapons/article/2650087

The people supporting that bill have to know that it can't pass, but they don't know what else to do, and it gives them a warm and fuzzy feeling. So does wetting your pants, and that is just as productive.

elysiantraveller
02-27-2018, 11:04 AM
Simple. guns are common to both mass shootings and suicides.

You have a point when you start talking about societal issues but in the case of suicides... no. Just no.

Suicide rates are much higher in countries with no gun crime like Japan among the same demographics.

I agree with you completely that we have a larger societal problem with violence, emotional/mental health, proper upbringing, schools, internet, media, etc. I totally agree with that. However, addressing those issues seems a hell of a lot harder than just blaming guns and attempting to limit a Constitutional right. Ignoring the fact that every day there are millions of legal gun owners in this country doing absolutely nothing wrong. I alone can't fix larger societal and cultural issues but I sure can take measures to protect myself from those suffering from them.

Take Trump's treason comment about the SOTU and how bent out of shape a lot of people on here got. They were right to feel that way and Trump was wrong to make such a stupid statement because... well First Amendment. Now look at the millions of gun owners who are perfectly law abiding citizens enjoying right number TWO in the Constitution and how those same previous people attack them. Call them looney, gun nuts, etc. etc.

WTF do you think the push-back is going to be?

hcap
02-28-2018, 04:16 AM
Suicide rates are much higher in countries with no gun crime like Japan among the same demographics.Are you saying ritual suicide by disembowelment by the Japanese OUTNUMBER GUN SUICIDES? in the US. Source?

hcap
02-28-2018, 04:30 AM

So ban liberals, I say.No, obviously conservative tin foil ideology:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popco rn::popcorn:

https://cdn.factcheck.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Violent-Crime-Rate-Chart1.png

mrhorseplayer
02-28-2018, 07:24 AM
on 2-2718 in north las vegas a woman with a pickax climed over a chain link fence to a school playground and threatend the kids.

Tom
02-28-2018, 08:17 AM
on 2-2718 in north las vegas a woman with a pickax climed over a chain link fence to a school playground and threatend the kids.

We need tougher ax controls!
There are no background checks at Ax Shows.
The NAA is behind this!

That looked like an assault ax to me. Possibly an AXR-15!!!
No one needs an assault ax. No one needs to chop down more than one tree at a time.

We do not want to take away all of your axes, just the assault axes.

We have more axes per capita than any other asphalt jungle in the civilized world.

The Founding Fathers only considered regular axes when they made them legal. They could not possibly foresee the assault axes we have out there today!

davew
02-28-2018, 08:21 AM
We need the gun and ammunition laws that Mexico has, they do not have as many murders.

We need laws prevent another occurrence of the largest school massacre in US history (Bath School massacre).

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 08:24 AM
Are you saying ritual suicide by disembowelment by the Japanese OUTNUMBER GUN SUICIDES? in the US. Source?

No suicide rate. It's astonishingly high...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Suicide-deaths-per-100000-trend.jpg/525px-Suicide-deaths-per-100000-trend.jpg

The common theory is that family honor and pressure to succeed is leading to the trend.

Clocker
02-28-2018, 10:32 AM
A Rasmussen poll reports that a majority of Americans think that the failure of government is the primary reason for the Florida shooting. One-third blame inadequate gun laws. These results are even stronger among parents of school-age children.

The latest Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 54% of American Adults believe the failure of government agencies to respond to numerous warning signs from the prospective killer is more to blame for the mass shooting. Thirty-three percent (33%) attribute the deaths more to a lack of adequate gun control. Eleven percent (11%) opt for something else.

Among Americans who have children of elementary or secondary school age, 61% think the government is more to blame. Just 23% of these adults fault a lack of adequate gun control more.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/gun_control/americans_blame_government_more_than_guns_for_flor ida_massacre

Inner Dirt
02-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Dick's Sporting Goods had changed their gun sale policies in response to the shooting. I won't patronize them any longer, I suggest others that don't blame the gun for the shooting in Parkland to do the same.

FantasticDan
02-28-2018, 11:26 AM
Dick's Sporting Goods had changed their gun sale policies in response to the shooting.
Good on you, Dick's! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/business/dicks-major-gun-retailer-will-stop-selling-assault-style-rifles.html

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gun seller.

JustRalph
02-28-2018, 11:46 AM
Dick's went off the gun buyers list after Sandy Hook. Nobody buys guns from them anymore.

They actually tried changing their outdoor sales department name to get sales back. They started calling it “Field and Stream”

It’s all show for Dick’s

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 11:55 AM
Dick's is a company that pulls this stuff for positive PR. They did the exact same thing after Sandy Hook. The AR's were back shortly afterward.

Nobody buys guns from Dicks. This is a well known and admitted fact by them.

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Dick's went off the gun buyers list after Sandy Hook. Nobody buys guns from them anymore.

They actually tried changing their outdoor sales department name to get sales back. They started calling it “Field and Stream”

It’s all show for Dick’s

Beat me to it.

FantasticDan
02-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Dick's is a company that pulls this stuff for positive PR. They did the exact same thing after Sandy Hook. The AR's were back shortly afterward.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/28/17061618/dicks-sporting-goods-parkland-gun-sales

Following the 2012 shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, that left 20 children and six adults dead, Dick’s suspended the sale of certain kinds of semi-automatic refiles. But the suspension wasn’t permanent and such rifles were later sold at the company’s Field & Stream stores. Asked on Good Morning America Wednesday whether the company would reverse its position again, Dick's CEO Stack said, “Never.”

Dick’s sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in 2017 “following all of the rules and laws,” it said in a statement. It was not the gun, or the type of gun, he used in the shooting. “But it came to us that we could have been a part of this story,” Stack told the Times. “We said, ‘We don’t want to be a part of this any longer.’”

PaceAdvantage
02-28-2018, 12:09 PM
In a related story, General Motors says it will stop selling cars because children continue to die via automobile, in countless number of ways, every single day around the globe.

A GM spokesman was quoted as saying "We don’t want to be a part of this any longer...enough is enough!"

She went on to explain, "In the car, on the street, hell, sometimes they get backed over by their own parents in their own driveway! We want to end this carnage, right here, right now."

GM has scheduled a press conference later in the day.

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 12:31 PM
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/28/17061618/dicks-sporting-goods-parkland-gun-sales

Isn't that what I said?

Dick's is a yuppie store that has seen revenue shares and stock prices plummet as it continues to take "political action."

Social media is blowing up with this "great" news and 72 hours later... when that's over and even fewer people frequent their stores will the lessons be learned? ;)

It really is all about "feeling" with you guys isn't it?

Inner Dirt
02-28-2018, 12:33 PM

It’s all show for Dick’s

That is how I feel. I just bought ammo from Dick's and a few other items when I first moved to Virginia. Now I actually buy my ammo from a small convenience store gas station that sells guns and ammo right here in Beaverdam Virginia.

Where I live is an interesting place, a day doesn't go by where I don't hear gunfire. I have seen people walking along main paved roads carrying rifles.
Everybody waves when they pass each other. If anything bad happens around here word travels fast, the people at the small country stores and post offices know all that goes on. Property crimes and break ins around here are a rare occurrence, I think I have heard of one in the general area in the 7 years I have lived here. The homes are well spaced apart which in places close to urban area I lived before would make them targets for break ins.

Why is it so crime free here? Everybody owns a gun or two or more. Unless you are deaf you will realize people are armed, hunting, target shooting, or just dispatching varmints on their property. Anyone who would try to assault, rob or steal from anyone around here would have be real stupid and not have cased the joint before attempting a crime.

Clocker
02-28-2018, 01:04 PM
It really is all about "feeling" with you guys isn't it?

Yeah, because they don't know Dick. :p

FantasticDan
02-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Isn't that what I said?

Dick's is a yuppie store that has seen revenue shares and stock prices plummet as it continues to take "political action."

No, you said Dick's did the same thing after Sandy Hook and that the ARs were back soon after. I just pointed out that the Dick's CEO said that would not happen this time.

Dick's stock price actually went up after the announcement, and gun makers went down..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/gunmaker-stocks-slide-after-dicks-halts-assault-rifle-sales.html

Clocker
02-28-2018, 01:36 PM
Is our children learning?

Not if this is representative of who is teaching them. :eek:

During a Friday evening appearance on CNN, Diane Wolk-Rogers said President Donald Trump’s suggestion that teachers should be armed “horrifies” her. She then wanted to address “the white elephant in the room”—racial injustice.

“If what you’re telling me is that we have trained professionals who weren’t able to follow protocol, then I can’t imagine my teachers—overworked, underpaid, exhausted— carrying a sidearm, and then being able to perform that protocol,” she said (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_FhPW9ZqE&app=desktop). “And I also, I want to talk about the white elephant in the room. Because what we know is that students of color get suspended and get expelled at a higher rate than white kids. So, now, what are we going to say, Mr. Trump? We’re going to say that now students of color are going to be shot at by teachers at a higher rate? It’s absolutely ludicrous. It horrifies me.”
Since most students that shoot up schools seem to be white, it is unlikely a lot of "students of color" are going to be shot at by teachers.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/27/parkland-educator-to-cnn-armed-teachers-will-shoot-students-of-color-at-a-higher-rate/

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 01:39 PM
No, you said Dick's did the same thing after Sandy Hook and that the ARs were back soon after. I just pointed out that the Dick's CEO said that would not happen this time.

Dick's stock price actually went up after the announcement, and gun makers went down..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/gunmaker-stocks-slide-after-dicks-halts-assault-rifle-sales.html

Dick's CEO doesn't call the shots. The stockholders do. Dick's marketshare of firearms sales has plummeted and will continue to do so.

FantasticDan
02-28-2018, 01:48 PM
Dick's CEO doesn't call the shots. The stockholders do. Dick's marketshare of firearms sales has plummeted and will continue to do so.
Seems like sales have also "plummeted" for other retailers too..

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/cabelas-sees-decline-in-gun-sales-post-trump-win

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 02:06 PM

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/cabelas-sees-decline-in-gun-sales-post-trump-win

Not now.

Called a local place awhile ago about selling one of my builds and they offered me $350. Called back today and offered $650.

You guys are great at selling guns.

classhandicapper
02-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Gun and ammunition sales used to routinely spike during the Obama administration every time there was a riot or the media and administration would focus on the problems we have with policing instead of rioters beating people, the looting of stores, and the damage being done to private property. They would also spike if the efforts to ban certain types of ammo seemed legit. They were basically self defense sales.

Now that the focus is more on law and order and people expect that the cops will be allowed to do their jobs to the best of their ability, people feel less of a need to arm themselves.

It was actually kind of ironic that the gun manufacturers were raking in immense profits under Obama because of his policies and the narrative pushed by the media.

thaskalos
02-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Not now.

Called a local place awhile ago about selling one of my builds and they offered me $350. Called back today and offered $650.

You should let FOX know...so they could correct their future gun-sale articles. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 02:16 PM
You should let FOX know...so they could correct their future gun-sale articles. :ThmbUp:

I never watch Fox.

Its supply and demand.

Clocker
02-28-2018, 02:27 PM

Gun sales are very volatile in the short run, and greatly affected by the political winds. The greatest gun salesman in recent history was Obama. Once Trump was elected, it was a given that guns sales would fall off.

Hillary could have given Obama a run for the money in that race, and now Chuck Schumer is a contender. The Dems' reaction to the Florida shooting will pump up sales for a while. A trade-off that the Dems are happy to live with, since the same dynamics result in greater donations to the gun grabbers.

classhandicapper
02-28-2018, 02:31 PM

Because their parents drugged themselves legally and illegally, drug their kids for every behavior not sitting right in the middle of the bell curve, don't discipline them, don't teach them right and wrong, teach them that everything is unfair and they are getting screwed instead of teaching them work ethic, and give them a very confusing liberal world view that screws them up further. I'm a pretty passive guy but I'd probably be dangerous too if I grew up now.

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Since we communicate in cartoons and memes these days...

https://pics.onsizzle.com/americans-for-limited-government-2018-his-fault-school-safed-first-31214318.png

FantasticDan
02-28-2018, 02:51 PM
FBI guy looks an awful lot like a certain special counsel.. the cartoonist thought it was worth a shot :D :ThmbUp:

Clocker
02-28-2018, 02:55 PM

It’s all show for Dick’s

It is all show. “Field & Stream” are separate, stand-alone stores, and the only ones that were currently selling "assault weapons". The company owns over 700 main stores that actually did stop selling evil guns a few years ago. It has 35 Field & Stream stores, which are now dropping "assault weapons". So how many evil guns were they selling out of 35 stores?

upthecreek
02-28-2018, 03:19 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/968938554553454597

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 03:25 PM
FBI guy looks an awful lot like a certain special counsel.. the cartoonist thought it was worth a shot :D :ThmbUp:

Cartoon seems accurate though.

Tom
02-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Is our children learning?

Not if this is representative of who is teaching them. :eek:

Since most students that shoot up schools seem to be white, it is unlikely a lot of "students of color" are going to be shot at by teachers.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/27/parkland-educator-to-cnn-armed-teachers-will-shoot-students-of-color-at-a-higher-rate/

CNN is a breeding grounds for total stupidity.
And the left refuses to abort these dumb-ass ideas.

Tom
02-28-2018, 03:53 PM

So you believe him?
Get back to me on this one.......:pound:

elysiantraveller
02-28-2018, 04:06 PM
So you believe him?
Get back to me on this one.......:pound:

It's a feel good PR stunt. Dicks hasn't had gun buyers for awhile now. If they rrally cared they would instead lobby for better background checks and controls since they actually sold the kid a gun.

classhandicapper
02-28-2018, 04:39 PM
It's a feel good PR stunt. Dicks hasn't had gun buyers for awhile now. If they rrally cared they would instead lobby for better background checks and controls since they actually sold the kid a gun.

If it's a PR stunt, they should probably rethink it.

If there are 100 people and 50 are pro gun and 50 are anti gun, if you take sides, you have alienated 50 customers who will potentially boycott you. It doesn't even matter which side you take. That's the environment we are in.

The only stance you can take is no stance - which is basically the technique Warren Buffett used.

"I think what the kids are doing there is very admirable, but I don't think that Berkshire should say, 'We're not going to do business with people that hold guns,'" Buffett said in an interview on CNBC Monday.

"I think you should be pretty careful before a company takes a big political opinion," he said.

"I don't believe in imposing my views on 370,000 employees and a million shareholders. I'm not their nanny on that," the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway told "Squawk Box."

"People individually should very much express their views," he said. "I don't think that Berkshire should say we're not going to do business with people who own guns. I think that would be ridiculous."

Buffett cautioned “it’s a mistake to start getting personal views and trying to impose them on an organization.”

“I have not issued any edict….that they can’t own stock in any gun manufacturers,” Buffett said, referring to his team of stock pickers. “They can own stock in gun manufacturers. They can own stock in liquor manufacturers. We do own stock in [liquor-maker] Diageo and have for a long time.”

MutuelClerk
02-28-2018, 06:34 PM
The moral of the story is Don't be a Dick.

RunForTheRoses
02-28-2018, 06:50 PM
http://www.providencejournal.com/zz/news/20180226/rhode-island-governor-signs-red-flag-executive-order-on-guns

barahona44
02-28-2018, 07:06 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/968938554553454597

Obama was right, they really do "cling to God and guns" :D ;)

Clocker
02-28-2018, 07:14 PM

Certainly a much more rational practice than trusting your well-being to the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Oops, I meant the Sheriff of Broward County.

chadk66
02-28-2018, 07:15 PM
I think sociopaths have been around since the beginning of time. Maybe their numbers have increased because of pieces of crap psychologists on TV like Dr. Phil and his peers who think like him. He can have the most deranged loser kid on his show known to man yet he will blame everyone but the kid for his or her behavior. There are a lot of women out there raising kids that look to that loser for advice.The numbers have certainly risen with the population. The thing nobody is talking about is what changed with the handling of these sociopaths. Before they had meds they institutionalized them. Now they give em meds and mainstream em only to have them go off their meds or not seek follow up treatments for the adjustments. Until that happens we will continue down this path

FantasticDan
02-28-2018, 11:27 PM
I've got a "rod of iron" for ya :lol: :ThmbUp:

And where can I get one of those sweet crowns? :jump:

https://youtu.be/-w2kSlpXjng

JustRalph
02-28-2018, 11:49 PM
Which item kills more Americans

AR-15’s

Lawnmowers

I think you know the answer

thaskalos
03-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Which item kills more Americans

AR-15’s

Lawnmowers

I think you know the answer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5191701/More-Americans-killed-LAWNMOWERS-Jihadi-terrorists.html

And no-one has ever expressed any fear for a lawnmower. Strange, when you think about it.

Clocker
03-01-2018, 12:22 AM
We are over 400 posts into this thread, 50 out of 84 votes are in favor of "common sense adjustments" to gun laws, and not a single practical and/or effective proposed "adjustment" yet.

JustRalph
03-01-2018, 12:47 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5191701/More-Americans-killed-LAWNMOWERS-Jihadi-terrorists.html

And no-one has ever expressed any fear for a lawnmower. Strange, when you think about it.

Speak for yourself.......they scare the shit out of me

Clocker
03-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Trump isn't helping. Maybe he should discuss this matter with his A.G. first. :rolleyes:

WASHINGTON — President Trump said Wednesday he favors taking guns away from people who might commit violence before going through legal due process in the courts, one of many startling comments he made in a rambling White House meeting designed to hash out school safety legislation with a bipartisan group of lawmakers.

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/28/trump-says-take-guns-first-and-worry-due-process-second-white-house-gun-meeting/381145002/

FantasticDan
03-01-2018, 01:11 AM
Speak for yourself.......they scare the shit out of me
You’ve just gotta show 'em who's boss :lol: :bang:

https://youtu.be/UwazjKa0LOo

hcap
03-01-2018, 01:39 AM

And no-one has ever expressed any fear for a lawnmower. Strange, when you think about it.Did Raloh post this link? It actually says.....

More Americans are killed by LAWNMOWERS than Jihadi terrorists on average each year, statistics revea.

I guess the War on Terror is misdirected.

If youse guys are interested we can ban all of these and hey NOT worry about guns at all.

11 Mundane Objects That Are Statistically Deadlier Than Sharks

hcap
03-01-2018, 02:14 AM
You have a point when you start talking about societal issues but in the case of suicides... no. Just no.

Suicide rates are much higher in countries with no gun crime like Japan among the same demographics.Ok, did not know this.
However let me address why mass shootings and school shootings are up. Various claims have been made here that guns were more available years ago and therefore why then are school and mass shootings up? The answer here has been the liberal agendas, even though violent crimes have dropped since the Clinton era.

https://i.imgur.com/2UuS6Wk.png

Whereas
Gun availability has increased......

PEW Research Center released a survey showing that gun ownership by households is up to 44% — a 7-percentage point increase in the past two

and......

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/02/us-gun-control-ownership-violence-statistics

Inner Dirt
03-01-2018, 06:52 AM
Headline on MSN Money:

After Dick’s, Only One Major Retailer Is Still Selling Semi-Automatic Rifles

Pretty sure that is 100% false, why can't liberals stop posting misinformation about guns?

Inner Dirt
03-01-2018, 07:09 AM
I think sociopaths have been around since the beginning of time. Maybe their numbers have increased because of pieces of crap psychologists on TV like Dr. Phil and his peers who think like him. He can have the most deranged loser kid on his show known to man yet he will blame everyone but the kid for his or her behavior. There are a lot of women out there raising kids that look to that loser for advice.

The numbers have certainly risen with the population. The thing nobody is talking about is what changed with the handling of these sociopaths. Before they had meds they institutionalized them. Now they give em meds and mainstream em only to have them go off their meds or not seek follow up treatments for the adjustments. Until that happens we will continue down this path

My 22 year old nephew who I hope never gets out of prison is a sociopath. He is doing 2-5 years in a state pen in Idaho for trying to strangle his girlfriend. They have given him every drug and therapy under the sun since he was 14 and he is the same piece of crap he has always been. Sociopaths are never cured, I don't care what the Dr. Phils of the world say. Noah did not come from a bad family, no one molested him, and he is not a victim of society. In Idaho they treat juvenile offenders seriously, by 18 he had been incarcerated 9 separate times, he bragged about his crimes and showed no remorse toward his victims including physical assault of an elderly female teacher at his high school. He is evil and should be exterminated before he kills an innocent person. I just hope he parlays his 2-5 into a much longer sentence or a fellow prisoner kills him. He is a poster child for 3 strikes and your out laws.

P.S. He never used a gun to commit a crime, he did use a knife while attempting a car theft once. His favorite weapon are using his hands against women.

FakeNameChanged
03-01-2018, 07:36 AM
I've got a "rod of iron" for ya :lol: :ThmbUp:

And where can I get one of those sweet crowns? :jump:

https://youtu.be/-w2kSlpXjng
I know that area well, smack in the middle of several Pa. State Gamelands, Large deer and bear hunter population. Originally Pa. coal country. Good folks that I'd trust to watch my house when away. The crowns allow you to use the 30 round clips.

davew
03-01-2018, 08:26 AM

change it from 10 year average to 20 year average (including 9/11) and those 'stats' rearrange a lot.

I have changed my mind, all weapons should be confiscated by government. Tens of Millions less people will die when China invades the west coast.

chadk66
03-01-2018, 09:00 AM
My 22 year old nephew who I hope never gets out of prison is a sociopath. He is doing 2-5 years in a state pen in Idaho for trying to strangle his girlfriend. They have given him every drug and therapy under the sun since he was 14 and he is the same piece of crap he has always been. Sociopaths are never cured, I don't care what the Dr. Phils of the world say. Noah did not come from a bad family, no one molested him, and he is not a victim of society. In Idaho they treat juvenile offenders seriously, by 18 he had been incarcerated 9 separate times, he bragged about his crimes and showed no remorse toward his victims including physical assault of an elderly female teacher at his high school. He is evil and should be exterminated before he kills an innocent person. I just hope he parlays his 2-5 into a much longer sentence or a fellow prisoner kills him. He is a poster child for 3 strikes and your out laws.

P.S. He never used a gun to commit a crime, he did use a knife while attempting a car theft once. His favorite weapon are using his hands against women.and this is exactly why they can't be mainstreamed.

chadk66
03-01-2018, 09:01 AM
one major chain left selling those guns :pound:

Inner Dirt
03-01-2018, 09:09 AM
one major chain left selling those guns :pound:

2 hours later that falsehood is still up and they moved it to their front home page, dumb ass liberal media.

Clocker
03-01-2018, 12:52 PM
After a meeting with Trump yesterday, a number of GOP Senators said that they would not support the gun control policies he put forward.

President Donald Trump shocked his Republican allies in Congress on Wednesday when he said during a televised meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers in the White House Cabinet Room that lawmakers must support raising the age limit and confiscating guns from people deemed mentally ill, along with a host of other gun-control measures that would be anathema to most Republicans.

During the meeting, Trump said he supports a Democratic proposal to use the Toomey-Manchin gun control proposal as a base bill and build on top of it. Meanwhile, lawmakers should consider a sweeping expansion of concealed-carry protections as part of a separate package. He also said an assault-weapons ban should be considered, to the visible delight of California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, according to the Hill.Not to worry, he will be tweeting different policies over the next few days. Just wait to find some that you like. :p

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-01/there-arent-votes-gop-senators-reject-trumps-gun-control-proposal

elysiantraveller
03-01-2018, 01:37 PM
After a meeting with Trump yesterday, a number of GOP Senators said that they would not support the gun control policies he put forward.

Not to worry, he will be tweeting different policies over the next few days. Just wait to find some that you like. :p

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-01/there-arent-votes-gop-senators-reject-trumps-gun-control-proposal

Are you surprised by this?

elysiantraveller
03-01-2018, 01:39 PM
Ok, did not know this.
However let me address why mass shootings and school shootings are up. Various claims have been made here that guns were more available years ago and therefore why then are school and mass shootings up? The answer here has been the liberal agendas, even though violent crimes have dropped since the Clinton era.

Gun availability has increased......

PEW Research Center released a survey showing that gun ownership by households is up to 44% — a 7-percentage point increase in the past two

and......

Yet violent crime is down. Doesn't that kinda bolster the "good guy with a gun" argument?

Clocker
03-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Are you surprised by this?

No. The Donald has never been strong on gun rights. The NRA and others supported him as the lesser of 2 evils, with the Wicked Witch of the East as an obvious greater evil.

And now that he is in office, he is trying to prove that he got elected all by himself, and isn't beholding to the NRA or anyone else.

Sitting with a group of Democrats and Republicans, including some who are backed by the NRA, Trump made what sounded like an extraordinary break with the powerful gun-rights organization. He accused lawmakers of being so “petrified” by the NRA that they have not been willing to take even small steps on gun control.
“They have great power over you people,” Trump said. “They have less power over me.”

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/01/trump-day-respect-2nd-amendment/

Clocker
03-01-2018, 09:14 PM
The guys supposedly on the right are not playing well together.

“I don’t know how he came unmoored,” said libertarian Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), one of the staunchest defenders of gun rights in Congress. Massie was talking about the titular head of the GOP, The Donald.

House Republicans expressed a mix of shock, frustration and disappointment that Trump endorsed a Democratic “wish list” of gun control proposals during a meeting on Wednesday at the White House. The ideas he spoke favorably of included imposing new age limits on gun purchases and taking guns away from dangerous people.

Republicans in both chambers of Congress, and particularly the House, made clear they have little interest in adopting Trump’s “comprehensive” approach.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/376331-baffled-republicans-distance-themselves-from-trump-on-guns

FantasticDan
03-01-2018, 11:33 PM
https://twitter.com/reneauberjonois/status/969330932925677568

Tom
03-02-2018, 12:07 AM
I don't care who you are, THAT'S funny!:pound::pound::pound:

Burls
03-02-2018, 12:18 AM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-trump/trump-pushes-congress-for-broad-bill-on-guns-after-school-shooting-idUSKCN1GC2M0

TRUMP is going to be the one who takes away your guns!
Who saw that one coming?
Not me.

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 01:14 AM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-trump/trump-pushes-congress-for-broad-bill-on-guns-after-school-shooting-idUSKCN1GC2M0

"Trump said that he supports raising the legal age to buy rifles to 21 from 18, but Republican senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania said this would hurt young adults who enjoy hunting and target shooting...".

The "sensitivity" of some of these senators is heartwarming. Why not lower the legal age for alcohol drinking from 21 to 18? Aren't these senators worried about "hurting the young adults" who enjoy DRINKING? I got a hunch that these young adults enjoy DRINKING a heck of a lot more than they do "hunting, or target shooting".

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 01:41 AM
"Trump said that he supports raising the legal age to buy rifles to 21 from 18, but Republican senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania said this would hurt young adults who enjoy hunting and target shooting...".

The "sensitivity" of some of these senators is heartwarming. Why not lower the legal age for alcohol drinking from 21 to 18? Aren't these senators worried about "hurting the young adults" who enjoy DRINKING? I got a hunch that these young adults enjoy DRINKING a heck of a lot more than they do "hunting, or target shooting".

I wouldn't be so sure.

Many a kid grew up in my neck of the States that wanted to shoot a gun well before taking a drink. Deer. Elk. Buffalo. Pheasant. Quail. Dove.

We may be flyover country, but it is a way of life you coastals have no clue about living.

FantasticDan
03-02-2018, 01:49 AM
We may be flyover country, but it is a way of life you coastals have no clue about living.

https://youtu.be/c7qhVJIPfck

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 01:54 AM
I wouldn't be so sure.

Many a kid grew up in my neck of the States that wanted to shoot a gun well before taking a drink. Deer. Elk. Buffalo. Pheasant. Quail. Dove.

Yes...let's let our "young adults" buy AR-15s before they can buy a beer. BOY...that's "living". :ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 02:08 AM
Exactly.

And you'll never get it.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 02:10 AM
Yes...let's let our "young adults" buy AR-15s before they can buy a beer. BOY...that's "living". :ThmbUp:

Welcome to Dem central.

Take quotes completely out of context and then flabbergast about them and even inject your own personal crapdom.

Congrats. Solid work Thask. :ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 02:12 AM

Yep.

I'm the slow and confused one....:cool:

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 02:15 AM
Welcome to Dem central.

Take quotes completely out of context and then flabbergast about them and even inject your own personal crapdom.

Congrats. Solid work Thask. :ThmbUp:

What quote am I taking out of context? Is it a lie that young people can buy an AR-15 before they can buy a beer in this country? That may be alright for you, friend...but it ain't alright for me. And if you don't approve of my opinion on this...I assure you that it won't trouble me much. :rolleyes:

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 02:23 AM
Exactly.

And you'll never get it.

If YOU "got it", pal...then I don't want it.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 02:31 AM
What quote am I taking out of context? Is it a lie that young people can buy an AR-15 before they can buy a beer in this country? That may be alright for you, friend...but it ain't alright for me. And if you don't approve of my opinion on this...I assure you that it won't trouble me much. :rolleyes:

Fair enough.

Just don't belittle my culture as being below yours and your eyeroll BS. Nobody should ever do that. While we live in the same country, we lead very different lives with very different beliefs. And that is what makes this country great.

I'll never take anything away from you and your culture as long as you don't take anything away from me and my culture.

Sound fair?

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 02:36 AM

Be as you wish to seem.

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 02:38 AM
Fair enough.

Just don't belittle my culture as being below yours and your eyeroll BS. Nobody should ever do that. While we live in the same country, we lead very different lives with very different beliefs. And that is what makes this country great.

I'll never take anything away from you and your culture as long as you don't take anything away from me and my culture.

Sound fair?

You have the right to say whatever you want...and so do I. But you called me "Dem Central"...even though I never categorized you in any way.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 02:42 AM
You have the right to say whatever you want...and so do I. But you called me "Dem Central"...even though I never categorized you in any way.

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 03:02 AM

In my first post here, I was only responding to what a senator said in response to a Trump quote about the legal age of buying a rifle. You disagreed with me...and told me that I have "no clue" about your type of "living". You don't know a thing about me...but you presume to tell me what I "know", or "don't know". When was the last time that I've ever tried to pigeon-hole you?

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 03:09 AM
In my first post here, I was only responding to what a senator said in response to a Trump quote about the legal age of buying a rifle. You disagreed with me...and told me that I have "no clue" about your type of "living". You don't know a thing about me...but you presume to tell me what I "know", or "don't know". When was the last time that I've ever tried to pigeon-hole you?

At least twice. Rolling with the same victim card role you are now.

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 03:12 AM
At least twice. Rolling with the same victim card role you are now.

I've played the "victim card" with you? When? I don't remember EVER tangling with you here...OR in the horse-forums. Refresh my memory.

I'm no "victim", my friend. Stop believing that you "know" people...when you really don't.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 03:16 AM
I've played the "victim card" with you? When? I don't remember EVER tangling with you here...OR in the horse-forums. Refresh my memory.

I'm no "victim", my friend. Stop believing that you "know" people...when you really don't.

And........, he's back. :pound:

thaskalos
03-02-2018, 03:17 AM
And........, he's back. :pound:

Smart...:ThmbUp:

hcap
03-02-2018, 05:39 AM
Yet violent crime is down. Doesn't that kinda bolster the "good guy with a gun" argument? No, it proves liberals are not responsible for the end of western civilization as is proclaimed here all the fr**kin time.

Actually there are many explanations, an interesting one is the banning of leaded gasoline and paint.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 08:22 AM
No, it proves liberals are not responsible for the end of western civilization as is proclaimed here all the fr**kin time.

Actually there are many explanations, an interesting one is the banning of leaded gasoline and paint.

And there is little doubt you've had your share of lead paint.

Clocker
03-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Firearms expert Debbie Wasserman Schultz says we need to ban the sale of rapid-fire magazines to civilians. :eek:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/01/wasserman-schultz-rapid-fire-magazine/

Inner Dirt
03-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Firearms expert Debbie Wasserman Schultz says we need to ban the sale of rapid-fire magazines to civilians. :eek:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/01/wasserman-schultz-rapid-fire-magazine/

If I put one of those rapid fire magazines in my .22 Marlin rifle will it turn it into an assault rifle? Or maybe even a full auto machine gun?

elysiantraveller
03-02-2018, 12:25 PM
No, it proves liberals are not responsible for the end of western civilization as is proclaimed here all the fr**kin time.

I'll agree that its not really a political spectrum issue but more of a technological, pharma, medical, societal issue as a whole.

We've entered in to an interesting era of moral relativism as well. (Again not on the political spectrum.)

elysiantraveller
03-02-2018, 12:26 PM
If I put one of those rapid fire magazines in my .22 Marlin rifle will it turn it into an assault rifle? Or maybe even a full auto machine gun?

Got you beat I put one in my jeep... its now a rapid fire Trailhawk.

hcap
03-02-2018, 01:33 PM
I'll agree that its not really a political spectrum issue but more of a technological, pharma, medical, societal issue as a whole.

We've entered in to an interesting era of moral relativism as well. (Again not on the political spectrum.)Since the Turnip ran, this off topic board (with exceptions) has disintegrated, mostly led by hatred of the left. How many threads have started disparaging liberals? The craziness of the tin foil contingent is impossible to deal with because of the alt right news sources presented as real news. It's like arguing with tobacco executives swearing to the "healthfulness" of cigarettes.

I brought up a real concern of leaded gasoline affecting primarily our young and one poster here thinks my post was a symptom of me breathing too much leaded vapors.

Moral relativism has been used by the religious types to argue against non believers ignorant of many philosophers who fall into the "humanist" camp have strongly believed in universal moral standards, exactly the opposite of relativism. A few examples of such thinkers might be: Immanuel Kant, John Stuart Mill, and John Rawls.

Clocker
03-02-2018, 01:55 PM

No, but according to CNN, it will probably turn it into a "full semi-automatic" rifle.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/02/27/cnn-and-the-curious-case-of-the-full-semiautomatic-rifle-n2454766

Inner Dirt
03-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Since the Turnip ran, this off topic board (with exceptions) has disintegrated, mostly led by hatred of the left. How many threads have started disparaging liberals?

Are you blind, extremely biased or both? I have never in my life heard a politician condescend and bad mouth the other side as often as Obama. I guess you were ok with that? Now it is the other side's turn and you can't deal with it. I sure hope you were one of those I saw balling their eyes out on election night. That was so awesome, freaking hilarious.:lol::lol::lol:

hcap
03-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Are you blind, extremely biased or both? I have never in my life heard a politician condescend and bad mouth the other side as often as Obama. I guess you were ok with that? Now it is the other side's turn and you can't deal with it. I sure hope you were one of those I saw balling their eyes out on election night. That was so awesome, freaking hilarious.:lol::lol::lol:One word. Bull.

Gee how come you did not mention Hillary's emails?

Obama never was as close to either being impeached or resigning.
The Turnip is sweating away more WH staffers than any prez in history. Why

elysiantraveller
03-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Are you blind, extremely biased or both? I have never in my life heard a politician condescend and bad mouth the other side as often as Obama.

Honestly dude... that seems like quite a reach.

We are in month 14 of his presidency and he is still talking about Hillary Clinton. How long did Obama talk about Mitt Romney or John McCain? How often did he launch personal attacks from social media?

Can't stand Obama but Trump is way worse at attacking people who he disagrees with.

The fact that Trump routinely badmouths people is what a lot of his supporters LOVE...

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Obama never was as close to either being impeached or resigning.Dude, you're absolutely dreaming if you think Trump isn't going to finish out his term (unless he dies). Plus you might have another four years to deal with him after that.

He isn't going anywhere. Just like Hillary wasn't winning. There, I mentioned her.

Get used to this already! :pound:

Nutz and Boltz
03-02-2018, 03:01 PM
The fact that Trump routinely badmouths people is what a lot of his supporters LOVE...

Well we all loved Don Rickles , too.:)

classhandicapper
03-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Honestly dude... that seems like quite a reach.

We are in month 14 of his presidency and he is still talking about Hillary Clinton. How long did Obama talk about Mitt Romney or John McCain? How often did he launch personal attacks from social media?

Can't stand Obama but Trump is way worse at attacking people who he disagrees with.

Obama didn't spend much time talking about individual politicians but he spent a lot of time bad mouthing republicans/conservatives in general.

Trump takes the opposite approach.

He doesn't trash liberals in general. He trashes individuals that disagree with him regardless of whether they are liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, or even if they are working for him at present.

Clocker
03-02-2018, 03:11 PM
or even if they are working for him at present.

It's called tough love.

Either that or he thinks he is still playing himself on TV.

elysiantraveller
03-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Obama didn't spend much time talking about individual politicians but he spent a lot of time bad mouthing republicans/conservatives in general.

He doesn't trash liberals in general. He trashes individuals that disagree with him regardless of whether they are liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, or even if they are working for him at present.

:rolleyes:

He's labelled people criminals, from shitholes, treasonous, and hinted at armed insurrection at one point...

Those are off the top of my head. I'm sorry. I'm not buying the comparison.

We can agree to disagree on this... but I feel discourse has hit a third grade reading level lately. Both sides are to blame but Trump is at the center of it.

elysiantraveller
03-02-2018, 03:16 PM
It's called tough love.

Either that or he thinks he is still playing himself on TV.

Got an update on his 2nd Amendment position today? Or is he still pulling petals off a daisy? :pound:

Inner Dirt
03-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Exactly, that is what I was thinking when I posted that. He painted with a broad brush where Trump bad mouths individuals. So in actuality Obama was ripping in to a lot more people.

Clocker
03-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Got an update on his 2nd Amendment position today?

No way of telling without knowing who he talked to last. :popcorn:

classhandicapper
03-02-2018, 03:35 PM

He's labelled people criminals, from shitholes, treasonous, and hinted at armed insurrection at one point...

We can agree to disagree on this... but I feel discourse has hit a third grade reading level lately. Both sides are to blame but Trump is at the center of it.

I am talking about politicians and people within the US classified as liberal or conservative.

He'll never say liberals are losers, idiots, fools etc...

But he'll trash McCain, Cruz, Rubio etc...even though they are republicans and of course any democrats that disagree with him.

Obama would never call a member of his own party a loser.

Trump won't say liberals are whiny anti gun babies, but he might call out some individual who's giving him a hard time on policy a baby regardless of his party.

When Obama would say "conservatives cling to their God and their guns", he was basically saying all conservatives are idiots for believing in God and wanting guns. Trump doesn't make broad brush attacks on liberals.

Tom
03-02-2018, 04:35 PM

*sing*
These are a few of my favorite things......

Inner Dirt
03-02-2018, 04:55 PM
When Obama would say "conservatives cling to their God and their guns", he was basically saying all conservatives are idiots for believing in God and wanting guns. Trump doesn't make broad brush attacks on liberals.

With gems like "Typical white person" Obama was able to condescend toward more people in seconds with his words than anyone before him. Of course because he isn't white he gets a free pass from the left for spewing racist crap.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 05:03 PM

In the end, I think the brilliance of Trump (intended or not), is that he has shown a glowing light on DC and our Politicians for the masses that normally have never followed politics, or gave a shit about it.

Grandstanding politicians can no longer just glib their normal garbage. They actually have to make sense, and stand for something of substance.

The Swamp is getting cleaned. Bit by bit.

Problem is, will they be replaced by David Hogg-ites, or will they be replaced by people with common sense and intelligence?

Tom
03-02-2018, 05:19 PM
With gems like "Typical white person" Obama was able to condescend toward more people in seconds with his words than anyone before him. Of course because he isn't white he gets a free pass from the left for spewing racist crap.

The truths of life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. 0bama is a racist.

Not in order........

elysiantraveller
03-02-2018, 05:21 PM
I am talking about politicians and people within the US classified as liberal or conservative.

But he'll trash McCain, Cruz, Rubio etc...even though they are republicans and of course any democrats that disagree with him.

Obama would never call a member of his own party a loser.

Trump won't say liberals are whiny anti gun babies, but he might call out some individual who's giving him a hard time on policy a baby regardless of his party.

Oh stop it...

Hillary and the dems are going to take away your guns.

Mexicans are rapists.

Immigrants not from shitholes countries.

You added conservatives to that quote as well for Obama.

Plus Trump can bag on liberals too much since in a lot of ways HE IS ONE.

steveb
03-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Problem is, will they be replaced by David Hogg-ites, or will they be replaced by people with common sense and intelligence?

so i have been mesmerised by those kids.
as most of the world is.
maybe they need to think of their own wellbeing as i am sure it is having a bad effect on them, but.....

last thing i would call them is unintelligent and no common sense.
on the other hand......

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 05:52 PM
so i have been mesmerised by those kids.
as most of the world is.
maybe they need to think of their own wellbeing as i am sure it is having a bad effect on them, but.....

last thing i would call them is unintelligent and no common sense.
on the other hand......

They are teenagers. At best they have no common sense and some life experiences.

No need to prop them up as some world leaders when just a month ago they were an average common teenager with a backpack going to school.

When we take advice from 16 and 17 year olds, then our entire society is truly doomed.

I remember when I was that age. I thought I was the bestest of the best. Then I grew up and experienced the real world.

davew
03-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Since the Turnip won, this off topic board (with exceptions) has disintegrated, mostly led by hatred from the left.

fixed it for you.

steveb
03-02-2018, 06:06 PM
They are teenagers. At best they have no common sense and some life experiences.

No need to prop them up as some world leaders when just a month ago they were an average common teenager with a backpack going to school.

When we take advice from 16 and 17 year olds, then our entire society is truly doomed.

I remember when I was that age. I thought I was the bestest of the best. Then I grew up and experienced the real world.

i very much doubt what has happened to them has happened to you.
they may be youngsters, but i can sense they are far smarter than you may think.

society is the pits now, and it was not kids that made it that way.

whatever,they have the attention of the world on them, and you sir, have the attention of a few like minded people on an irrelevant off topic bit of a racing forum.

and why did you try to demean them(or one in particular)?
don't bother answering because i already know.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-02-2018, 06:13 PM
they may be youngsters, but i can sense they are far smarter than you may think.

whatever,they have the attention of the world on them, and you sir, have the attention of a few like minded people on an irrelevant off topic bit of a racing forum.

We have different opinions. Great.

You shut mine out. Great.

Gotta love the 1st amendment. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
03-02-2018, 07:35 PM

They are still just teens. They are being used as props and their parents aren’t smart enough to realize it. The news and the internet are forever. In the future they will regret the “stance they took”

hcap
03-03-2018, 12:33 AM

You are forgetting much like calling dems traitors., or complicit” in murders committed by undocumented immigrants

https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/corner/trump-says-democrats-are-treasonous/
T the State otf the Union
Trump told a crowd in Ohio this:

“They would rather see Trump do badly, OK, than our country do well…it’s very selfish…even on positive news, really positive news like that, they were like death and Un-American. Un-American. Somebody said ‘treasonous.’ I mean, yeah, I guess, why not? [laughter] Can we call that treason? Why not. [laughter] I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much. But you look at that and it’s really very, very sad.”

https://youtu.be/zjwPiE1wCU0

and
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/21/16916480/trump-complicit-ad

Trump campaign ad says Democrats are “complicit” in murders committed by undocumented immigrants

PaceAdvantage
03-03-2018, 12:34 AM
You post this like it's a bad thing.

This is why he was elected in the first place.

You still don't get it. And probably never will.

hcap
03-03-2018, 12:41 AM
You post this like it's a bad thing.

This is why he was elected in the first place.

You still don't get it. And probably never will.Hugh? Just replied to CH's claim that Trump would never say liberals are losers, idiots, fools etc..

I guuess traitors who are complicit in murder gets a pass. Turnip has said lies since day 1 and many are insults to many. I think kissing ass damages brain cells?:confused:

Tom
03-03-2018, 09:49 AM
Ah yes, after 8 years of all that TRUTH I can see why you are upset.
And imagine us thinking 0bama was insulting us. Typical white people.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

FantasticDan
03-03-2018, 11:01 AM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/969909018083938304

Tom
03-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Diversity!
You should be applauding.

Clocker
03-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Diversity!
You should be applauding.

You certainly can't accuse him of being inflexible. :p

davew
03-03-2018, 01:33 PM
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/969909018083938304

It only took 2 days for Hillary to change her positions - it depended on who she was talking to.

JustRalph
03-04-2018, 11:54 PM
X

classhandicapper
03-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Hugh? Just replied to CH's claim that Trump would never say liberals are losers, idiots, fools etc..

I guuess traitors who are complicit in murder gets a pass. Turnip has said lies since day 1 and many are insults to many. I think kissing ass damages brain cells?:confused:

I don't think you or our resident Trump hater elysiantraveller are quite grasping the nuance of what I am saying. He has made broad sweeping statements, but not about all liberals or democrats. He has supported democrats for much of his life.

In this case I believe he was talking about specific people inside and outside government that are hoping the country fails and/or they can destroy him because they are more concerned with their own political agendas and careers than the well being of the country (namely politicians and mainstream media people).

I think most rank and file liberals and democrats are hoping he and the country do well even if they voted for Clinton and disagree with him strongly on some policies. He's not talking about them.

That's a bit different then trashing rank and file republicans for clinging to God and guns or calling everyone that voted for him a deplorable. That's not taking a shot at some politicians or Fox. That's taking a shot at close to 50% of the country.

Inner Dirt
03-05-2018, 04:00 PM
X

They also had 500 police officers providing security.

elysiantraveller
03-05-2018, 04:18 PM
I don't think you or our resident Trump hater elysiantraveller are quite grasping the nuance of what I am saying. He has made broad sweeping statements, but not about all liberals or democrats. He has supported democrats for much of his life.

In this case I believe he was talking about specific people inside and outside government that are hoping the country fails and/or they can destroy him because they are more concerned with their own political agendas and careers than the well being of the country (namely politicians and mainstream media people).

I think most rank and file liberals and democrats are hoping he and the country do well even if they voted for Clinton and disagree with him strongly on some policies. He's not talking about them.

That's a bit different then trashing rank and file republicans for clinging to God and guns or calling everyone that voted for him a deplorable. That's not taking a shot at some politicians or Fox. That's taking a shot at close to 50% of the country.

I've pointed examples of it. Yet you ignore it while getting the Obama quote wrong.

Its not a hate thing... its literally what he's said.

The man doesn't have a lot of tact which is why he is frequently hounded by the media and everyone else. He says stupid shit all the time.

There is a different thread for this anyway... Trump doesn't even know his stance on the Second Amendment at this point anyway.

Tom
03-05-2018, 04:49 PM
Yeah, the loser libs - guns are bad unless WE are using them.
Why was't the awards ceremony a GUN FREE zone to show solidarity against the the NRA?

Because hollywood are a bunch of sniveling cowards, like ALL liberals are. that's why. All a liberal does is tell other people what to thing and how to live, but not themselves.

I was hoping someone would set off a bunch of firecrackers during the ceremony just to see them run like babies.

hcap
03-06-2018, 01:58 AM
Hugh? Just replied to CH's claim that Trump would never say liberals are losers, idiots, fools etc.

I guuess traitors who are complicit in murder gets a pass. Turnip has said lies since day 1 and many are insults to many. I think kissing ass damages brain cells?
I don't think you or our resident Trump hater elysiantraveller are quite grasping the nuance of what I am saying. He has made broad sweeping statements, but not about all liberals or democrats. He has supported democrats for much of his life.Yes he is whatever he thinks will win NOW.

At the State of the Union he called all democrats traitors because they didn't applaud his dribble. How is that not calling liberals or democrats in a broad sweeping statement, traitors????

I suggest your ass kissing and blatant conspiracy thinking ha indeed destroyed many brain cells. As I said you and box should go out to Comet Ping Ping to get a few slices. Order with "nuance", why don't ya.

Your current conspiracy position is minus any sort of nuance

Tom
03-06-2018, 09:27 AM
How is that not calling liberals or democrats in a broad sweeping statement, traitors????

You need to grow set, sonnie boy. If you want to flame the righties by calling them idiots for supporting Trump then you better be prepared to get some shit flung back at you.

All you ever is whine and cry, and frankly, it is getting boring.
Try growing up - your time is long overdue.

hcap
03-06-2018, 12:16 PM
You need to grow set, sonnie boy. If you want to flame the righties by calling them idiots for supporting Trump then you better be prepared to get some shit flung back at you.

All you ever is whine and cry, and frankly, it is getting boring.
Try growing up - your time is long overdue.Youse guys are pretty good at babbling frantic incoherent shit. You particularly are getting more incoherent as the Turnip and minions are feeling the heat.

All I did was point out CH's fake news. Come on. Not applauding at the SOTU for the Turnips horseshit, does not make dems traitors.

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2018, 12:21 PM
At the State of the Union he called all democrats traitors because they didn't applaud his dribble.More fake news.

Trump absolutely said nothing of the sort DURING his address.

See how easy it is? :lol:

hcap
03-06-2018, 12:31 PM
More fake news.

Trump absolutely said nothing of the sort DURING his address.

See how easy it is? :lol:

OK, Right after the SOTU.

https://youtu.be/zjwPiE1wCU0

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2018, 12:34 PM
OK, Right after the SOTU. This correction appears on page 37? :pound:

Clocker
03-06-2018, 12:38 PM
Guns? We don't need no stinking guns!

A Republican candidate for governor in Maine says we don't need more gun laws, or to arm teachers in schools. Teachers already are armed against shooters.

With fire extinguishers. :faint:

A leading Republican contender running to be the next governor of Maine said in a radio interview Monday that teachers could use fire extinguishers to combat an active shooter in a school.

Shawn Moody, a state university system trustee who also ran in 2010, told a radio interviewer he supports gun rights, and that the mental health system and law enforcement had failed to prevent the shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school.

But, he said, instead of passing new restrictions on gun rights, teachers could use fire extinguishers that are already in every school.
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/376931-maine-candidate-fire-extinguishers-great-deterrent-for-guns

Inner Dirt
03-06-2018, 01:30 PM
Guns? We don't need no stinking guns!

A Republican candidate for governor in Maine says we don't need more gun laws, or to arm teachers in schools. Teachers already are armed against shooters.

With fire extinguishers. :faint:

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/376931-maine-candidate-fire-extinguishers-great-deterrent-for-guns

The amount of people, including politicians that know next to zero about self defense, weapons, and ballistics that speak out about them is so remarkably high it defies logic. There is a place called the internet where one can quickly educate themselves on those matters, yet many chose not to.

A good one is the stun gun or taser which is brought up in police shooting incidents. You always hear, "They could have just tased him." A lot of people think they shoot some magical electrical beam that disables people, like something from Star Trek. My anti-gun girlfriend thought that until I told her different.

classhandicapper
03-06-2018, 08:00 PM
I've pointed examples of it. Yet you ignore it while getting the Obama quote wrong.

Its not a hate thing... its literally what he's said.

The man doesn't have a lot of tact which is why he is frequently hounded by the media and everyone else. He says stupid shit all the time.

There is a different thread for this anyway... Trump doesn't even know his stance on the Second Amendment at this point anyway.

Again, there is a difference between talking about subsets of people within both parties with whom you disagree and trashing an entire party like Obama and Clinton.

There's no doubt Trump says some politically foolish things, but he's an equal opportunity trasher. He's spends as much time trashing republicans that are fighting his agenda as he does trashing democrats. I don't see that as are particularly difficult concept.

hcap
03-06-2018, 11:51 PM
This correction appears on page 37? :pound:Page 37 of what??????????

Traitors. The Turnip pouted like a puerile prick. There is no other explanation. Particularly by your incoherent incomprehensible meaninglessness direction.

Page 37 of what? Are you denying how asinine he is?

hcap
03-07-2018, 12:35 AM
Democrats complicit in every murder......

https://youtu.be/1xOH6cKdhmg

Hank
03-07-2018, 02:01 AM
Hey Cap thanks for the info on Maurice Nicoll. Cap these poor benighted souls are Trump "supporters" not simply Trumps voters that made a mistake. They are hopeless bigots and not worth the time of a "vertical" man.

hcap
03-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Hey Cap thanks for the info on Maurice Nicoll. Cap these poor benighted souls are Trump "supporters" not simply Trumps voters that made a mistake. They are hopeless bigots and not worth the time of a "vertical" man.As I said, as Mueller gets closer and closer, they are getting more nervous and incomprehensible as the dork-in-chief sweats and panics.

The worst prez in my lifetime. Makes GW Bush look like a scholar and statesman. Nixon a genius in evading justice.

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Page 37 of what??????????

Traitors. The Turnip pouted like a puerile prick. There is no other explanation. Particularly by your incoherent incomprehensible meaninglessness direction.

Page 37 of what? Are you denying how asinine he is?A smart "vertical" guy like you should be able to figure it out...it's pretty easy, actually...didn't think you'd have this much trouble.

It's not really important though...just a little fake news joke...

hcap
03-07-2018, 11:05 AM
It's not really important though...just a little fake news joke...Hate to tell you, but the joke is on the Turnip's lackeys.

Actor
03-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Missing option: "Repeal 2nd amendment"

March 24 March.