08-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Does anyone ever play online poker?
Pros?
Cons?

Thanks in advance,
so.cal.fan

Zaf
08-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Play when I am bored sometimes. Low-Limit just for kicks. Its fun and cheap. :)

ZAFONIC

Tom
08-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Anyone ever play video poker?
FL just got new VP machines today...going to go try them out this week.

Bubbles
08-23-2004, 09:50 PM
I play in freerolls at PokerStars and UltimateBet. The main pro is the convenience, play whenever you want at whatever stakes you want. The main con is really only for the hardcore player, and it's sometimes the atmosphere. In play money areas, people will sometimes play anything, raise with hands like 7-2 or 10-3. But if you don't like the way someone plays, you can just leave the table, so I don't see all the fuss.

Hope this helps you out!

Zaf
08-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Tom
FL just got new VP machines today...going to go try them out this week.

On rare ocassions, in AC when I have time to kill. At least you have to think and there is some decision making involved.

ZAFONIC

Buddha
08-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Pros?
Cons?

Thanks in advance,
so.cal.fan

I play almost every day. The biggest pro is convience. Able to play whenever and for the most part whereever.

Cons, lots of newbies and lots of bad players will take your money in the short term. Also, no internet, no play :)

I mostly play on UB. if you have any mroe questions or wonders, just email me or PM me and I will do my best to answer them

superfecta
08-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Pros?
Cons?

Thanks in advance,
so.cal.fan I play at pokerparty.com.You can play for free or for real.Good place to learn how to play.No complaints.

superfecta
08-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Tom
FL just got new VP machines today...going to go try them out this week. if they have Deuces Wild poker or Or Double Bonus poker,play those as they supposedly give true odds with true payout schedules so you actually have an advantage .But you also need to read about video poker strategy for these machines.

so.cal.fan
08-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks, guys.
My husband tried out a site that was advertised on DRF site....Pacific Poker.....just tried the $5-$10 Texas Holdem play money game......will check it out again a few times and maybe sign up for the real games.
He is a very good player who always wins at this game in Las Vegas, he plays the $5-$10 and the $8-$16 tables.
He heard if you get in some of these online tournaments and win you can win a free entry to some of the really big games.
Any imput from you guys will be appreciated. I told my husband you guys would know! And you did.;)

sq764
08-24-2004, 11:04 AM
So cal fan, we actually started an Egroup for texas holdem.. We found out a lot of us 'cappers' also play holdem online.. We are trying to get a private table set up for only members to play at sometime..

If you want to join, go to

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Texasholdemforum/

kingfin66
08-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks, guys.
My husband tried out a site that was advertised on DRF site....Pacific Poker.....just tried the $5-$10 Texas Holdem play money game......will check it out again a few times and maybe sign up for the real games.
He is a very good player who always wins at this game in Las Vegas, he plays the $5-$10 and the $8-$16 tables.
He heard if you get in some of these online tournaments and win you can win a free entry to some of the really big games.
Any imput from you guys will be appreciated. I told my husband you guys would know! And you did.;)

Whether you play online or live, I would recommend the $5-10 or $6-$12 game. You need a larger bankroll, but you avoid a lot of the pitfalls listed above when you get into this game. I have found that anything up to $5-12 is, for all intents and purposes, "play" money when it comes to online poker. I play at Paradise Poker. Unfortunately, I haven't had much to play much poker or 'cap ponies lately due to family stuff and lots of work on my home.

Incidentally, any poker site has many small buy in tourneys. I have found these tourneys an excellent way to play lots of poker for a small amount of money. Paradise even has a $2 buy-in tourney every night at 11pm. Of course, these small buy in tourneys result in many early all-ins as players take risks to increase bankroll. If they bust, they can simply rebuy for another $2.

All-in-all, the online game is very convenient, enjoyable and smoke free.