PDA

View Full Version : 2/16/18 Santa Anita

Lemon Drop Husker
02-16-2018, 01:03 AM
Just my thoughts for 8 races. I see a rare "shot" available at Santa on a Friday.

R1: Down the Hill. :8: is a money burner, Smith isn't great down the hill, and the field is full of question marks. I'll take the :4: with Smokin' Joe carving out a late rush along with :7: and the Sadler/Maragh saddling being there as well. :4: W :4::7: Ex?

R2: 1 Mile OC $40Kn1x: :2: looks more than tough to beat, but I'm gonna absolutely stab at a 3rd off a layoff in the :6: with Desormeax and Baze to make a last run. :5: w/ Morey/KDesormeax could get loose and wire is the concern.

R3: 1 1/16th Mdn$54K: :4: looks more than ready. Hopefully he isn't 9/5 by post time. Possible single with an 8/1 ML.

R4: 6 1/2 MC$30K: Distance is my question here. Not much to like so I'll take the 1ster in the :6: at a hopeful 10/1 ML price and back it up with :5:. Very potential ALL race in horizontals.

R5: Toughest race on the card. I Nakatani'd with the :1:, but also like the :4:. I can easily see anybody wanting to fade either. Another potential all race as :3::7::9: and maybe even others seem at least logical.

R6: Race of the day supposedly. I'll take the Baffert, maybe even single, and if not the other logical. :1::2:. Concern is the :6: getting back to dirt.

R7: Race is all over the board, and the most open on the card with 8 f/m's. Taking my biggest shot of the day here with the :6: looking for the Blinks and jock change to make a massive difference off of last two. :2: is the backup plan, but nothing in here would surprise.

R8: Really like the :3::5: in the last.

Good luck! :ThmbUp::jump:

Lemon Drop Husker
02-16-2018, 03:00 AM
Just my thoughts for 8 races. I see a rare "shot" available at Santa on a Friday.

R1: Down the Hill. :8: is a money burner, Smith isn't great down the hill, and the field is full of question marks. I'll take the :4: with Smokin' Joe carving out a late rush along with :7: and the Sadler/Maragh saddling being there as well. :4: W :4::7: Ex?

R2: 1 Mile OC $40Kn1x: :2: looks more than tough to beat, but I'm gonna absolutely stab at a 3rd off a layoff in the :6: with Desormeax and Baze to make a last run. :5: w/ Morey/KDesormeax could get loose and wire is the concern.

R3: 1 1/16th Mdn$54K: :4: looks more than ready. Hopefully he isn't 9/5 by post time. Possible single with an 8/1 ML.

R4: 6 1/2 MC$30K: Distance is my question here. Not much to like so I'll take the 1ster in the :6: at a hopeful 10/1 ML price and back it up with :5:. Very potential ALL race in horizontals.

R5: Toughest race on the card. I Nakatani'd with the :1:, but also like the :4:. I can easily see anybody wanting to fade either. Another potential all race as :3::7::9: and maybe even others seem at least logical.

R6: Race of the day supposedly. I'll take the Baffert, maybe even single, and if not the other logical. :1::2:. Concern is the :6: getting back to dirt.

R7: Race is all over the board, and the most open on the card with 8 f/m's. Taking my biggest shot of the day here with the :6: looking for the Blinks and jock change to make a massive difference off of last two. :2: is the backup plan, but nothing in here would surprise.

R8: Really like the :3::5: in the last.

Good luck! :ThmbUp::jump:

No other necks? :headbanger: