PDA

View Full Version : Brisnet Sire Stats book discontinued

jeebus1083
02-15-2018, 11:12 AM
I inquired about the expected date of a 2018 release today, and the customer rep at Brisnet confirmed that the annual Sire Stats book was no longer being produced.

Just a heads up for anyone that utilizes this tool.

JohnGalt1
02-15-2018, 03:07 PM
This happened 3 years ago.

I switched to the Sire Ratings book from Progressive Handicapping for less than $40, which includes postage. Jim Mazur runs it.

I used to buy the Tomlinson book, but when he sold the data to DRF he stopped publishing it.

Then I went to Dan Serra's book, and that was discontinued when his data was used by Post Time Daily pp's.

Then I went to the Bris book until 3 years ago.

Sire Ratings uses A+ through F ratings like Bris did.

++++++++

For those who use Bris premium pp's I made a chart that converts their number ratings to letter ratings.

Take note, this is created by me and I've been using it for about 6 months. This is not written in stone and I may want to tweak it myself at some point.

A+/119 and up
A/117-118
A-115-116
C/106-108, the only letter grade using 3 numbers
D-/98-99
F+/96-97
F/95 and lower

I used + and minus for each letter if you want to complete the chart.

I use mostly for distance and to compare off track and turf to the Sire Ratings book.

JohnGalt1
02-15-2018, 03:43 PM
I have to make a correction to my chart.

C/104-106
D/98-99
D-/96-97
F/95 and lower

There is no F+ grade.

Also, the Sire Ratings book as many more horses rated than the Bris book.

jeebus1083
02-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Bris had Sire Stats last year.

CincyHorseplayer
02-15-2018, 09:07 PM
This happened 3 years ago.

I switched to the Sire Ratings book from Progressive Handicapping for less than $40, which includes postage. Jim Mazur runs it.

I used to buy the Tomlinson book, but when he sold the data to DRF he stopped publishing it.

Then I went to Dan Serra's book, and that was discontinued when his data was used by Post Time Daily pp's.

Then I went to the Bris book until 3 years ago.

Sire Ratings uses A+ through F ratings like Bris did.

++++++++

For those who use Bris premium pp's I made a chart that converts their number ratings to letter ratings.

Take note, this is created by me and I've been using it for about 6 months. This is not written in stone and I may want to tweak it myself at some point.

A+/119 and up
A/117-118
A-115-116
C/106-108, the only letter grade using 3 numbers
D-/98-99
F+/96-97
F/95 and lower

I used + and minus for each letter if you want to complete the chart.

I use mostly for distance and to compare off track and turf to the Sire Ratings book.

Love Progressive's stuff.

On a side note when you find something you love it is a nightmare to think it will be discontinued at some point.

mountainman
02-16-2018, 11:39 PM
On a side note when you find something you love it is a nightmare to think it will be discontinued at some point.

And didn't I learn THAT the hard way when those creeps at ABC cancelled the program about a time portal linked up to the prehistoric era.

cj
02-17-2018, 12:46 AM
And didn't I learn THAT the hard way when those creeps at ABC cancelled the program about a time portal linked up to the prehistoric era.

Primeval! Wasn't it BBC?

mountainman
02-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Primeval! Wasn't it BBC?

Might have had british origins, but aired on fox- for just one season. It was a Spielberg production called Terra Nova. Had to look it up.